PDA

View Full Version : Where is the quick slant?

BlueBrewer
10-06-2008, 08:13 AM
I thought one of the staples of this offense was the quick slant and let the receivers work. I don't recall any attempt from the game. Those quick hitters open up lots of different options and are very effective at keeping a QB of his ass. I think they need to re-configure the play calling to their strengths. Enough with the screen plays that never gain more than 5 yards.

Tony Oday
10-06-2008, 09:10 AM
I was thinking that as well...those plays seemed to really help the Packers Running Game.

packers11
10-06-2008, 11:24 AM
I'm surprised they didn't do a lot more slants... Especially since ATL cb's are horrible and were giving Jennings/Driver a huge cushion... The play calling on offense has bugged me the past couple of games.

Tony Oday
10-06-2008, 11:57 AM
Or are the LBs staying just a bit longer in the lane?

Partial
10-06-2008, 12:01 PM
They do quite a few slants and hooks. Jennings is ridiculous at the hok with his spin move. It seems like most of his YAC come after he stops, spins back around towards the sidelines and stiff arms/sprints his way for yac.

packers11
10-06-2008, 12:15 PM
They do quite a few slants and hooks.

I didn't see many yesterday...

Jennings was going against a no name corner... MM should game-plan to our strengths... I swear Jennings could have had over 150+ yards if they just kept giving him stupid ass slants with that 5-7 yard cushion that corner was giving him...

Partial
10-06-2008, 12:23 PM
They did quite a few slants, but they don't always throw the ball to the slantee, is I guess what I'm trying to say.

The end zone view yesterday was unique as you could see the receivers and DBs a lot better than from a sideline view. TWill really played a very solid game. Jordy doesn't get a lot of separation. Don Driver does all the little stuff and is always being hung out to dry across the middle. It's a shame that Jennings is getting all the glory and TDs when Driver is going balls out play after play.

Tony Oday
10-06-2008, 12:42 PM
lol I said to my buddy that was watching the game with me that one of these days Driver is going to get cut in half!