PDA

View Full Version : LB's

Packnut
10-06-2008, 09:03 AM
I still believe it's the scheme and how Sanders uses them and not the talent level.

3irty1
10-06-2008, 09:16 AM
Agree Agree Agree.

Bob Sanders has got to be blamed. You would think that on a team where you are able to play man that you would blitz a little more. Sanders seems to be obsessed with knocking the front fours head against the wall trying to get pressure. Yes its true that pressure from the front four is very important on any team but when its not working the adjustment has to be made. And there in lies the truth. Bob Sanders sucks at adjustments.

Partial
10-06-2008, 10:05 AM
I agree. I'm ready for a change in the scheme.

steve823
10-06-2008, 02:16 PM
Yea I really dont get it! If our front four can't get pressure why not blitz !! We have good linebackers and our secondary is doing good even with the injuries. I'm starting to get fed up with SAnders

Ballboy
10-06-2008, 02:44 PM
If you read the transcripts on JSonline, MM claims that they sent 5 all the time......I didn't see it and if they did, they really suck at it for not getting to the QB.

red
10-06-2008, 06:03 PM
they said in training camp that they were going to turn the LB's loose this year

i have seen no difference this year compared to last year

texaspackerbacker
10-06-2008, 07:32 PM
I still believe it's the scheme and how Sanders uses them and not the talent level.

The extent to which some posters just don't get it is absolutely pathetic.

This statement in the original post is 100% true, although probably NOT in the way the guy meant it. It IS the scheme--which is responsible for good defense far beyond the talent level. Oh, Barnett is damn good--just like when so many posters spewed hate about him; Hawk getting the job done a lot more this year than last; And Popinga and Chillar are doing very decent jobs in their respective roles--against the run and against the pass--despite the fact that they get damn little respect for their talent.

Blitzing is for shit! The people that whine for more of it are idiots. Is that blunt and direct enough? Game after game after game, pro and other levels, you see big plays by offenses against wrongheaded blitzes. I would estimate something like an 8 or 10 to 1 ratio of bad things to good things resulting for defenses that overdo the blitzing.

BEARMAN
10-06-2008, 08:32 PM
Best LB core in the NFL ! Brian, Lance and Hunter ! 8-)

Go BEARS Go !

Zool
10-06-2008, 10:30 PM

Go BEARS Go !

Sounds like a boy band lineup.

Dabaddestbear
10-08-2008, 08:33 PM
The LB's are rendered ineffective if your D-line cannot get a push. You can blitz them all day but your D-linemen are getting shoved aside and stood up therefore not creating any true gaps to shoot towards the QB. And against the run they are allowing the offensive linemen to get to the next level too easily and therefore able to throw blocks and hands on the LB's.

Barnett over runs plays too often, Hawk is solid but doesnt seem to shed blocks too well to get to the RB, and Poor Poppinga just cant cover a TE to save his life. The New kid you guys picked up in the off season that comes in for Poppinga is much better in pass coverage.

MJZiggy
10-08-2008, 08:38 PM

Go BEARS Go !

Did you move? I thought you were in Walla Walla??

Packers4Ever
10-08-2008, 09:01 PM
Agree Agree Agree.

Bob Sanders has got to be blamed. You would think that on a team where you are able to play man that you would blitz a little more. Sanders seems to be obsessed with knocking the front fours head against the wall trying to get pressure. Yes its true that pressure from the front four is very important on any team but when its not working the adjustment has to be made. And there in lies the truth. Bob Sanders sucks at adjustments.

Which brings me to this inquiry - is the Ass't Coach given free rein over how
he runs his plays, blitzes, (if they even do that) etc...etc...?? and if the HC doesn't like it, too bad, because the HC doesn't discuss those things with an assistant who should be able-bodied or able-brained, whichever? Might even make the AC uncomfortable? Surely someone has to do some correcting?

cpk1994
10-08-2008, 09:10 PM
[quote=Packnut]

Blitzing is for shit! The people that whine for more of it are idiots. Is that blunt and direct enough? Game after game after game, pro and other levels, you see big plays by offenses against wrongheaded blitzes. I would estimate something like an 8 or 10 to 1 ratio of bad things to good things resulting for defenses that overdo the blitzing.Exactly. ANyone who talks about blitzing needs to remember and repeat to themselves two words: Bob Slowik. Blitzing isn't a cure all.

Pacopete4
10-08-2008, 09:15 PM
[quote=Packnut]

Blitzing is for shit! The people that whine for more of it are idiots. Is that blunt and direct enough? Game after game after game, pro and other levels, you see big plays by offenses against wrongheaded blitzes. I would estimate something like an 8 or 10 to 1 ratio of bad things to good things resulting for defenses that overdo the blitzing.Exactly. ANyone who talks about blitzing needs to remember and repeat to themselves two words: Bob Slowik. Blitzing isn't a cure all.

blitzing all the time is not the answer but it should would be nice to see us catch a team off guard here and there... we are so vanilla its just crazy

KYPack
10-08-2008, 09:22 PM
[quote=Packnut]

The Bronco D gave Slowik the game ball on Sunday.

Bossman641
10-08-2008, 09:43 PM
The LB's are rendered ineffective if your D-line cannot get a push. You can blitz them all day but your D-linemen are getting shoved aside and stood up therefore not creating any true gaps to shoot towards the QB. And against the run they are allowing the offensive linemen to get to the next level too easily and therefore able to throw blocks and hands on the LB's.

Barnett over runs plays too often, Hawk is solid but doesnt seem to shed blocks too well to get to the RB, and Poor Poppinga just cant cover a TE to save his life. The New kid you guys picked up in the off season that comes in for Poppinga is much better in pass coverage.

The Bears fan actually provided useful analysis. I see the same thing. When I watch other teams blitz it seems like the linebackers always have a gap to shoot through. When I see ours blitz it's like they always just run into a mob of bodies. I don't know if that is the LB's not seeing lanes, the DL not bodying up on the OL, or the scheme.

BEARMAN
10-08-2008, 09:45 PM

Go BEARS Go !

Did you move? I thought you were in Walla Walla??

Yes I did, ... :oops: Thank you for noticing... :D

cap360
10-08-2008, 11:54 PM
The problem with our blitzes is we wait a few seconds then run into a wall. Our dline isn't eating up blockers or geting any push.

privatepacker
10-09-2008, 08:21 AM
To me, it appears that Green Bays LBs are a good 3 yards off the line of scrimmage. Living in Dallas and of course they run the 3-4, their LBs are always 1 and at a max 2 yards off the LOS. So when the Packers do blitz, everyone knows who and when.

MadtownPacker
10-09-2008, 12:29 PM
Looks like Lasanga got promoted from the practice squad. I bet the run D gets a boost.

SnakeLH2006
10-10-2008, 01:33 AM
Looks like Lasanga got promoted from the practice squad. I bet the run D gets a boost.

I love lasagna...Tasty shit. Could eat that every day. Err...you mean the LB, doubt it makes a difference in 2008 as that was a move made for TT's future plans. How is our 5th or 6th LB gonna save the season? Does $4million dollar man Poppinga go to the bottom of the depth chart now? Nope, but we could only hope. This move will not mean anything for this year as Jolly has not played well and Pickett hasn't done much either. What happened to that crazy LB blitz package that Sanders promised early on? Unleash the beast Bob...it can't get any worse can it?

Iron Mike
11-16-2008, 03:25 PM

Go BEARS Go !

Bwahahaha!!!! Best LB corps to run over on the way to the end zone!!!!

Ask Ryan Grant. :P

MJZiggy
11-16-2008, 03:26 PM
And speaking of linebackers, A.J. did a nice job at mike.

gbgary
11-16-2008, 03:28 PM
as i mentioned earlier...i think hawk has found a home in the middle. he's not such a liability there in pass coverage.

MJZiggy
11-16-2008, 03:29 PM
But then what are we gonna do with Barnett when he comes back?

gbgary
11-16-2008, 03:32 PM
But then what are we gonna do with Barnett when he comes back?

how he does in camp will determine that.