PDA

View Full Version : A Challenge to the irrational haters.

TheCheese
10-06-2008, 06:28 PM
I thought this would be a good idea to discuss after reading all the posts lately and seeing all the negativity and hate.

To those of you, and you know who you are, who think TT is a horrible GM, or can't stand the fact that he is the GM of the packers, answer the following question.

List all of the GMs in the NFL that are better than Thompson. Go.

falco
10-06-2008, 06:29 PM
I thought this would be a good idea to discuss after reading all the posts lately and seeing all the negativity and hate.

To those of you, and you know who you are, who think TT is a horrible GM, or can't stand the fact that he is the GM of the packers, answer the following question.

matt millen

oh you said IN the NFL

:?:

TheCheese
10-06-2008, 06:32 PM
If you get bored with that, list all the other current head coaches in the NFL you would rather have than McCarthy.

Rastak
10-06-2008, 06:40 PM
Head coach I rather have for the Packers? Brad Childress....

retailguy
10-06-2008, 06:42 PM

He's perfect.... right where he is. Now that Matt Millen is available, I see the makings of a really good team. :P

Gunakor
10-06-2008, 06:43 PM

You don't count. But your answer made me giggle, coming from a Queens fan.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

TravisWilliams23
10-06-2008, 07:08 PM
GM: Bill Parcells. Already doubled the Fins win total for last season.
He knows his football and he always has a hard hitting-tough team when he gets all the pieces together.
The coach he hired for the Miami job, Tony Sparano, seems to know how to
use what he has to get the job done. The offense he's using with Ronnie Brown at the QB position is causing opposing teams defenses nightmares.
I realize Green Bay has a good GM and a good HC but I think Parcells trumps Thompson. Just my opinion.

texaspackerbacker
10-06-2008, 07:18 PM
GM: Bill Parcells. Already doubled the Fins win total for last season.
He knows his football and he always has a hard hitting-tough team when he gets all the pieces together.
The coach he hired for the Miami job, Tony Sparano, seems to know how to
use what he has to get the job done. The offense he's using with Ronnie Brown at the QB position is causing opposing teams defenses nightmares.
I realize Green Bay has a good GM and a good HC but I think Parcells trumps Thompson. Just my opinion.

As much as I respect Thompson/McCarthy, your post makes a helluva lot of sense. Sparano is VERY much like McCarthy; And Parcels has done it with several teams now, both as GM and as Coach.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-06-2008, 07:31 PM
Parcells hasn't won the superbowl in years...and certainly hasn't proven anything as a GM.

He wasn't GM of the Cowboys and didnt' win a playoff game.

TravisWilliams23
10-06-2008, 08:07 PM
Ty, you're correct about Parcells as not being the Dallas GM. He isn't even the Miami GM. His official title is Executive Vice President of Football Operations.
His trouble with Kraft in New England was that he didn't have enough input with drafting decisions and it ended up with him leaving.
I just think he has that special knack to find football talent and that's what I like about him.

So, on the basis of being a better GM than Thompson, I'll have to give the nod to TT because he actually IS a GM.

BEARMAN
10-06-2008, 08:20 PM
Coach of the Year, ..... LOVIE SMITH ! 8-)

Go BEARS Go !

Tyrone Bigguns
10-06-2008, 08:25 PM
Ty, you're correct about Parcells as not being the Dallas GM. He isn't even the Miami GM. His official title is Executive Vice President of Football Operations.
His trouble with Kraft in New England was that he didn't have enough input with drafting decisions and it ended up with him leaving.
I just think he has that special knack to find football talent and that's what I like about him.

So, on the basis of being a better GM than Thompson, I'll have to give the nod to TT because he actually IS a GM.

Miami: There is no doubt that the buck stops with him. So, while not a gm, i give him credit for the role.

Talent: We shall see. But, there is more to the role of GM than finding talent, it is making sure it stays, paying the right guys, attracting talent, hiring the right coach, etc.

Don't get me wrong. I like Parcells. But, if we are going by the facts..the facts are that he hasn't won in a long time...and he did have a ton of control with the Jets.

Bretsky
10-06-2008, 08:32 PM

Who is a TT hater in here ? Am I a hater because I point out he has not solved the OL problem yet and might want to use other means than just the draft ?

Is it alright to question his moves......or is he exempt from opinions that criticize ?

Iron Mike
10-06-2008, 08:47 PM
Cooze of the Year, ..... LOVIE HOWELL! 8-)
http://www.gilligansisle.com/images/c3.gif

Eeeew, that's nasty, dude.http://www.clipartof.com/images/emoticons/xsmall2/2191_throwing_up.gif

Brando19
10-06-2008, 09:02 PM

Who is a TT hater in here ? Am I a hater because I point out he has not solved the OL problem yet and might want to use other means than just the draft ?

Is it alright to question his moves......or is he exempt from opinions that criticize ?

No doubt...it's getting really old when one of us complains about the OL or the run defense...someone has to go start a thread on all the TT haters. There's always room for improvement. Opinions are welcome here.

TheCheese
10-07-2008, 12:44 AM

No, Yes, No

Charles Woodson
10-07-2008, 03:45 PM
Parcells hasn't won the superbowl in years...and certainly hasn't proven anything as a GM.

You could argue the point that TT has never won a SB...
Right now were all frustrated because of injuries... When were healthy, were as good as anyone. I mean, look at what injuries did to the Patriots.
My big beefs are with the play calling and the O-Line, as B already stated. I didnt get to watch sundays game, but what i saw in the previous games was too conservative calling when we were up, and that we gave up on the run too quickly.

SnakeLH2006
10-10-2008, 03:04 AM

Are you truly retarded? All the hate goes on in the offseason... Personally, TT is a good GM off talent, but fucked when it comes to player relations. Some like JH claim there is no creedence to that...but hey, take our jobs, do you want your boss saying fuck you to the top employee you have and saying hey we'll do just as good without him/her regardless of what him/her has done? NOPE...I'd hate that SOB and try to bury that MOFO.

But, we are here and now and time has passed so your topic has jumped the shark...yea our OL and DL sucks but I (hope we all) are in the here-now and pray we can stop a run???

ahaha
10-10-2008, 08:02 AM
but hey, take our jobs, do you want your boss saying fuck you to the top employee you have and saying hey we'll do just as good without him/her regardless of what him/her has done? NOPE...I'd hate that SOB and try to bury that MOFO.

Wrong analogy. It should go like this:
The star employee waffles every year about possible retirement, toying with the emotions of all the coworkers whose lives his decision affects. He finally decides to quit. Then he decides to come back and the boss is all for it. Just when it's time to start again, the star employee changes his mind again. Meanwhile, the young hot-shot, who has been groomed as the replacement, is impressing everyone. Then, when it gets close to the company's most important time of the year, the star employee decides he wants to come back again. He expects his job back and throws a hissy fit because he isn't welcomed back with a parade and girls throwing flowers at his feet.
I would feel empathy for that boss and the tough decision he has to make.

prsnfoto
10-10-2008, 09:05 AM
but hey, take our jobs, do you want your boss saying fuck you to the top employee you have and saying hey we'll do just as good without him/her regardless of what him/her has done? NOPE...I'd hate that SOB and try to bury that MOFO.

Wrong analogy. It should go like this:
The star employee waffles every year about possible retirement, toying with the emotions of all the coworkers whose lives his decision affects. He finally decides to quit. Then he decides to come back and the boss is all for it. Just when it's time to start again, the star employee changes his mind again. Meanwhile, the young hot-shot, who has been groomed as the replacement, is impressing everyone. Then, when it gets close to the company's most important time of the year, the star employee decides he wants to come back again. He expects his job back and throws a hissy fit because he isn't welcomed back with a parade and girls throwing flowers at his feet.
I would feel empathy for that boss and the tough decision he has to make.

You write romance novels for a living totally fiction I would guess. Happy Bday Brett!!!!!!

mraynrand
10-10-2008, 09:07 AM
Since I am an irrational hater, by definition it is impossible for me to rationally discuss this. Plus, I am filled with hatred.