PDA

View Full Version : Lets blame the Refs

3irty1
10-07-2008, 09:30 AM
Last night on MNF everyone saw a big blatant facemask on Reggie Bush which wasn't called and well could have cost the Saints the game.

Now I know the Packers have been committing a lot of penalties this year but I can't help but feel a little bit screwed by bad calls. Just in the Falcons game we had what appeared to be a bogus PI call on Pat Lee followed immediately by a push off and TD by Roddy White. Also looking in MM's press conference transcript he stated that he didn't agree with the holding call on the field goal. Of course we'll never get to see it for ourselves because FOX was zoomed in on the ball or grass or something. Anyways is it just me or are these calls really just not going our way?

HarveyWallbangers
10-07-2008, 09:53 AM
I don't think we've been helped out the last few games. I thought the Tampa Bay calls were the worse (4 questionable penalties and 3rd down that gave Tampa Bay a first down), and there were some questionable calls in this game also. However, we still had chances to win the game and we didn't do enough. Hopefully, the calls will even out.

steve823
10-07-2008, 04:12 PM
Yea..the refs have been really shitty lately...even in other games too as you can clearly see on that game last night. Like I always say...Refs in every sport suck. It's pretty shocking how much of an impact they can have on a game.

Gunakor
10-08-2008, 11:56 AM
This is nothing new. The refs were downright awful in our games last year too. Seemed every week they'd have Mike Pereira on NFL Network explaining a bad call in a Packer game. Can't blame the refs, because solid play will beat bad calls. We just don't have enough healthy, solid players remaining to beat opponents AND bad calls like we had last year. Last year we were very fortunate in that there wasn't a horrible injury epidemic. It's caught up with us this season, and we are suffering because of it. There's your problem.

mngolf19
10-08-2008, 12:31 PM
On WTMJ this morning your radio guy(sorry temp drawing a blank) said that the Packers have refs every week at practice and they are throwing flags all the time there too. So this is not about bad officiating, everyone deals with that just like injuries. You just have to play through it. But the flags in your practices says to me that they just aren't disciplined enough.

3irty1
10-08-2008, 06:09 PM
All I'm suggesting is we are a couple bad calls away from 4 and 1. I think that's pretty significant although yes everybody is right that we could have just made a few more plays.

mraynrand
10-08-2008, 07:17 PM
All I'm suggesting is we are a couple bad calls away from 4 and 1. I think that's pretty significant although yes everybody is right that we could have just made a few more plays.

Sure. Take away that Lee PI penalty and the Holding penalty on the FG, and one game looks a lot different.

SnakeLH2006
10-10-2008, 01:55 AM
On WTMJ this morning your radio guy(sorry temp drawing a blank) said that the Packers have refs every week at practice and they are throwing flags all the time there too. So this is not about bad officiating, everyone deals with that just like injuries. You just have to play through it. But the flags in your practices says to me that they just aren't disciplined enough.

My take:

Bottom line, if we play well, penalties are moot. Shouldn't have to rely on calls from a 3rd party to decide games. But, being the youngest team in the NFL has it perks and downfalls. We are experiencing those downfalls now.

channtheman
10-10-2008, 02:41 AM

Sure. Take away that Lee PI penalty and the Holding penalty on the FG, and one game looks a lot different.

That Lee PI penalty had it not been called would have stopped them. The Falcons scored a TD on that drive so if they don't make that bad call, I think we win. Sure we could make more plays, but the refs are still horrible looking this year.