PDA

View Full Version : NFL Power Rankings: 2008 Week 6 edition

Dabaddestbear
10-07-2008, 01:46 PM
2008 Power Rankings: Week 6
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking?week=6&season=2008
RK (LW) TEAM REC COMMENT
1 (1) Giants 4-0-0 Hanging 44 on the Seahawks without Plaxico Burress was a strong statement. It will take more than the Browns to knock this team off course. (MM)
2 (2) Titans 5-0-0 They benefited from an iffy call in Baltimore but more than matched up physically. Class of the AFC is off, then at KC before a home Monday nighter vs. Colts. (PK)
3 (6) Redskins 4-1-0 This team should be 7-1 at the midway point. Jim Zorn has made all the right moves over the past month. (MM)
4 (3) Cowboys 4-1-0 Wade Phillips says not to worry about the ugly win over the Bengals. But it's definitely cause for concern. (MM)
5 (5) Steelers 4-1-0 After the victory at Jacksonville, it's time to consider the Steelers as one of the elite. (JW)
6 (7) Panthers 4-1-0 The Panthers are solid all the way around and getting better. (PY)
7 (11) Broncos 4-1-0 The Broncos showed they can win games on defense. If they show they can do it consistently, the Broncos will be in good shape all season long. (BW)
8 (4) Bills 4-1-0 The Bills hit a speed bump on their way to what could have been an undefeated record at their bye. Trent Edwards was knocked out of the game with a concussion and will need the extra time to regroup. All the Bills will. (TG)
9 (13) Patriots 3-1-0 The Patriots got just what they needed after their bye week. They bounced back from their crushing Week 3 loss to the Dolphins with a methodical victory over the 49ers. (TG)
10 (18) Bears 3-2-0 You can't fight it right now: The Bears are the best team in the NFC North. Kyle Orton is no game-manager, either. (KS)
11 (17) Colts 2-2-0 The miraculous win probably said more about the Texans than the Colts, who remain disturbingly out of sync. Troubles will be hard to fix against Baltimore. (PK)
12 (9) Eagles 2-3-0 Remember when we thought this was a top-five team? Seems like such a long time ago now. (MM)
13 (10) Buccaneers 3-2-0 The Bucs need to find an offense as they head into division showdown with Carolina. (PY)
14 (20) Cardinals 3-2-0 Adrian Wilson's return restores swagger to defense. Kurt Warner regains grip on offense. (MS)
15 (14) Ravens 2-2-0 The Ravens played well the past two weeks and have nothing to show for it. Can this team keep bouncing back from tough losses? (JW)
16 (8) Chargers 2-3-0 The Chargers are perplexing. They've lost three games by a total of 10 points, but the reality is San Diego is 2-3 and needs to get in gear soon. (BW)
17 (12) Jaguars 2-3-0 The defense hasn't been what many expected, and the secondary needs to get well in time for trip to Denver. (PK
18 (19) Jets 2-2-0 Brett Favre has an extra week of prep time to help the Jets maintain the momentum they gained heading into their bye week. (TG)
19 (21) Vikings 2-3-0 The Vikings saved their season Monday night -- with a big assist from the Saints. (KS)
20 (24) Falcons 3-2-0 Matt Ryan won at Lambeau Field. That means he can win anywhere. (PY)
21 (15) Packers 2-3-0 Injuries, especially on defense, are catching up to the Packers. (KS)
22 (16) Saints 2-3-0 Saints have been handing away wins. (PY)
23 (26) Dolphins 2-2-0 A second straight win over a preseason AFC favorite has the Dolphins surging. They're only 2-2, but hope is being restored..(TG)
24 (22) 49ers 2-3-0 Road from 2-3 to a likely 2-5 is a slippery one for Mike Nolan. (MS)
25 (25) Browns 1-3-0 Following the bye, the Browns are finally healthy. Let's see what they're really made of when they play host to the Giants next game. (JW)
26 (23) Seahawks 1-3-0 The Seahawks' run of four consecutive division titles might be coming to an end. Will Seattle put up a fight? (MS)
27 (28) Raiders 1-3-0 With the Lane Kiffin saga behind them, the Raiders need to enter the Tom Cable era playing with the same intensity they did in the final three weeks of the Kiffin era. (BW)
28 (27) Texans 0-4-0 Once, a game against Miami looked like it would be relief from a tough starting stretch. Not anymore. (PK)
29 (29) Chiefs 1-4-0 The Chiefs stagger into their bye with a 1-4 record on the heels of a 34-0 loss at Carolina. The question is, will the Chiefs want to come back when their bye week is over?
30 (30) Bengals 0-5-0 Perhaps the Bengals should move to the NFC East. They seem to play their best games against elite competition. (JW)
31 (31) Lions 0-4-0 Sorry. This is one of the worst teams we've ever seen. (KS)
32 (32) Rams 0-4-0 Jim Haslett's first game as Rams head coach takes him to Washington. Not a good place to start. (MS)

I was surprised to see them move the Vikings ahead of the Packers so quickly.

Pacopete4
10-07-2008, 01:48 PM
tough to put em ahead of us after we beat em.. but id have to say right now they are playing better football, well defensively anyways, than us

Dabaddestbear
10-07-2008, 01:49 PM
tough to put em ahead of us after we beat em.. but id have to say right now they are playing better football, well defensively anyways, than us
I can say the defense looked like they are playing a lot better. But the offense was stalled too easily when the run game was stuffed.

Pacopete4
10-07-2008, 01:50 PM
I can say the defense looked like they are playing a lot better. But the offense was stalled too easily when the run game was stuffed.

but good ol Gus at least doesn't fuck it up for them.. puts em in a position to win games at least.. TJack woulda blown that game last night, no doubt about it

Dabaddestbear
10-07-2008, 01:58 PM

but good ol Gus at least doesn't fuck it up for them.. puts em in a position to win games at least.. TJack woulda blown that game last night, no doubt about it
I know. I was hoping they kept TJack in at least until we played them..lol.

SnakeLH2006
10-10-2008, 03:13 AM

Dude...you'll NEVER get credibility with you loser ass avatar. FUCK the Bears.

Dabaddestbear
10-10-2008, 12:23 PM

Dude...you'll NEVER get credibility with you loser ass avatar. FUCK the Bears.
Darn! And I was really looking forward to being accepted by a delusional Packer fan. :roll:

MadtownPacker
10-10-2008, 12:33 PM
Being #1 in power rankings doesnt mean squat. I actually hated it when the Pack was top 5 on most of them to start the season. Enjoy it for now.

Dabaddestbear
10-10-2008, 08:43 PM
Being #1 in power rankings doesnt mean squat. I actually hated it when the Pack was top 5 on most of them to start the season. Enjoy it for now.
I loved it cuz I knew they were not even close to being that without Brett.

mission
10-11-2008, 12:06 AM

And sadly, they would not be even close to being that with Brett.

MOBB DEEP
10-12-2008, 08:09 AM

cnt prove that

Scott Campbell
10-12-2008, 08:13 AM

cnt prove that

Nor can we prove that we wouldn't be 0-5.