PDA

View Full Version : Should TT make a trade

LL2
10-08-2008, 03:38 PM
Seeing this article made me think about it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-tradebait100808&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

I know it will not happen, but with the Packers depleted on the defense Dewayne White or Cory Redding might be worth a late draft pick. They are not great players, but that probably has more to do with who they play for.

Tony Oday
10-08-2008, 03:41 PM
TJ or Roy Williams and run a lot of 4 WR sets.

Redding wouldn't be bad for a 6th rounder.

Gunakor
10-08-2008, 03:56 PM
I don't think we need any more WR's.

Surtain would be a good pickup considering where we are at CB. He could start opposite Woodson, moving T-Will back into nickel. Or he could play nickel himself if the Packers think T-Will is better at this point.

I'm not too sure about Redding, but agree that he might be better than Jolly or Harrell - if he ever gets healthy. Depends on Detroit's asking price.

The guy on that that I'd want is Dewayne White. Paired with Aaron Kampman I think this guy could really excel on our squad. He's much better against the run than KGB, and like Cullen Jenkins he can play DT if needed. I would be willing to part with a mid round conditional pick for him, like a 4th that could turn into a 3rd if he registers (x) many sacks or if the Packers make the playoffs or something like that. Of course that's a trade within the division, which is rare enough to begin with and even less likely considering we are in the middle of the season.

SnakeLH2006
10-10-2008, 02:05 AM
I don't think it's been shown that CB has been a dropoff with Al out. If T-Will was that bad we'd have seen it. The book on the Pack is easy...run the ball at will. Our D-scheme has to change as it's killing us. I'd gladly trade a pick to shore up our DT/DE line-up but doubt even the best in the league would help us right now as we've shown no commitment to stopping the run. Pretty sad indeed.