PDA

View Full Version : Report: Adam Jones involved in hotel scuffle

packers11
10-08-2008, 08:56 PM
www.rotoworld.com

Report: Adam Jones involved in hotel scuffle

CBS 11 in Fort Worth reports that Cowboys CB Adam Jones was involved in a "violent" scuffle at the Joule Hotel in Dallas on Tuesday night.

Hotel management gave no details, but CBS 11 quotes unnamed sources that says police were called after Jones and one of his bodyguards got into a "violent" argument. Security allegedly had to pull the two apart, but no police report was ultimately filed. The story should have some legs, especially if the bodyguard was hired by the team. The Cowboys had no comment Tuesday night. Oct. 8 - 7:59 pm et

Source: CBS 11 Dallas Fort Worth

Pacopete4
10-08-2008, 09:13 PM
sounds like they are reaching.. tryin to get this guy here

Harlan Huckleby
10-08-2008, 09:53 PM
I got $10 that says they were fighting over a woman sitting in the hotel bar. I think that body guard did a cock-block on his boss.

This sounds like a pre-violent incident, punches were contemplated. I'm not sure this story is even worth a mention on the team bus, let alone the newspapers.

packers11
10-08-2008, 09:54 PM
According to ESPN, the NFL has been notified of Pacman Jones' alleged hotel brawl with a bodyguard and "is investigating."

ESPN adds that Jones will likely be summoned to NYC to explain himself to commissioner Roger Goodell. The Dallas Morning News also believes that the "Pacman era" is likely to be put on hold, at least for a while. And that's bad news for Dallas' secondary, which is already without Terence Newman.

Source: Dallas Morning News

DonHutson
10-08-2008, 09:57 PM
Damn, now he needs another new alias. I suggest Adam Ocho Cinco.

KYPack
10-08-2008, 10:08 PM
Sounds like they are trying to fuck him over.

That's good.

How bout "Another old timey Video Game" Jones for his new handle.

Zool
10-09-2008, 12:25 AM
Is Dig Dig Jones available?

mission
10-09-2008, 12:34 AM
Only a guy from my neighborhood in Atlanta would get in trouble with his own bodyguard ... Zone 1-3 ... represent.

I'm so proud. :arrow:

mraynrand
10-09-2008, 12:53 AM
As long as he didn't go into any hotel rooms to retrieve stolen memorabilia, he should be good to go.

cheesner
10-09-2008, 09:39 AM
Only a guy from my neighborhood in Atlanta would get in trouble with his own bodyguard ... Zone 1-3 ... represent.

I'm so proud. :arrow:
Bodyguard? What a joke.

This guy was hired to protect pacman from himself. A bodyguard protects a person from others.

This guy was a babysitter - plain and simple.

Tarlam!
10-09-2008, 10:01 AM

That's good.

Not very often I take a contrary opinion to you, Shep, but if they really are trying to fuck him over, I don't agree it to be a good thing.

My position on it is he paid the dues the NFL set for him and he should be given every chance.

IMHO, after reading that this was a baby sitter and not a body guard, is that Jones was getting outta line and refused to go back and toe the line. If that's the case, the bum has what's coming to him.

We shall see. I will pass my own personal judgement when as many facts come to light as possible.

Zool
10-09-2008, 10:09 AM

That's good.

Not very often I take a contrary opinion to you, Shep, but if they really are trying to fuck him over, I don't agree it to be a good thing.

My position on it is he paid the dues the NFL set for him and he should be given every chance.

IMHO, after reading that this was a baby sitter and not a body guard, is that Jones was getting outta line and refused to go back and toe the line. If that's the case, the bum has what's coming to him.

We shall see. I will pass my own personal judgement when as many facts come to light as possible.

I think I'm less forgiving than you Tarlam. If Jones didnt act like a complete jackass in Vegas, there's a bouncer that can walk today.

KYPack
10-09-2008, 11:40 AM
Yeah, tar. that was some low stuff to say, but....

Jones did a lot of weak, stupid shit.

I can't mourn a lot if they ruhn him out of the league on a humbug.

There's been some good guys screwed out of a career.

Why not mess over one of the dipshits?

That said, he is entitled to all his rights and stuff, I just think the guy is a goof.

mraynrand
10-09-2008, 12:01 PM

That's good.

I think I'm less forgiving than you Tarlam. If Jones didnt act like a complete jackass in Vegas, there's a bouncer that can walk today.

Why didn't what happened in Vegas just stay there?

falco
10-09-2008, 12:03 PM
leave it to Tarlam to stick up for some lowlife punk instead of some poor blue collar joe trying to support his family by working in a swanky nightclub

:D

Tarlam!
10-09-2008, 12:19 PM
Not stickin' up for Jones, just calling a spade a spade. If he was being baited, then that sucks.

If he was just being "his'self", then throw the bum out.

I look at K-Rob, who many here attacked, and I feel vindicated at my "give the guy a chance" "I have the same problem" stance.

K-Rob seems to be "making it". He paid his dues - the one's that society and the NFL set.

Witch-hunt T.O. or that #86 all you want; they're NFL scum, with god-given talents and devilish egos.

sheepshead
10-09-2008, 12:42 PM
A leopard does not change his spots.

(spade a spade?? You might want to insert a different cliche)

mission
10-09-2008, 12:50 PM
Not stickin' up for Jones, just calling a spade a spade. If he was being baited, then that sucks.

I look at K-Rob, who many here attacked, and I feel vindicated at my "give the guy a chance" "I have the same problem" stance.

K-Rob seems to be "making it". He paid his dues - the one's that society and the NFL set.

Witch-hunt T.O. or that #86 all you want; they're NFL scum, with god-given talents and devilish egos.

Dude. The guy is as hood as hood gets. Now he's just really hood with a ton of money so he can be even more retarded. The saying of "you can take a n*** out the hood but you cant take the hood out of a n****" applies very much. Laws really aren't enforced around here ... everyone does their own thing and as long as you dont make shit super obvious, the cops just dont have the resources. Spend enough time in that environment as a child and you're gonna end up like Pacman... there is no self-reform ... only: "shit, i cant miss out on all this money".

TO and 85 are no where near the guys that Pacman is ... they just have huge egos.

Pacman is HOOD. Not sure if that makes sense.

Zool
10-09-2008, 01:01 PM

There's such a huge difference between having a drinking problem and having your boyz shoot a man that I cant even begin.

cheesner
10-09-2008, 02:19 PM

That's good.

Why didn't what happened in Vegas just stay there?

Like OJ - what happened in Vegas stays in Vegas, at the local penitentiary.

mraynrand
10-09-2008, 02:48 PM
Pacman is HOOD. Not sure if that makes sense.

No. He is just MisunderSTOOD.

Pacopete4
10-09-2008, 02:55 PM
Pacman is an idiot.. seriously, he could pay all the ladies he'd like to get it on with if he wants to but he'd rather get smashed and go cause trouble in public places... how fuckin stoooooooopid can u be?

Tyrone Bigguns
10-09-2008, 04:02 PM
Is Dig Dug Jones available?

Fixed.

MJZiggy
10-09-2008, 06:48 PM
Is Dig Dig Jones available?

Frogger Jones.

MadtownPacker
10-09-2008, 07:43 PM
Dude. The guy is as hood as hood gets. Now he's just really hood with a ton of money so he can be even more retarded. The saying of "you can take a n*** out the hood but you cant take the hood out of a n****" applies very much. Laws really aren't enforced around here ... everyone does their own thing and as long as you dont make shit super obvious, the cops just dont have the resources. Spend enough time in that environment as a child and you're gonna end up like Pacman... there is no self-reform ... only: "shit, i cant miss out on all this money".

TO and 85 are no where near the guys that Pacman is ... they just have huge egos.

Pacman is HOOD. Not sure if that makes sense.Pacman is a stupid moron and the fact he had someone else do his dirt in Vegas shows what a trick ass bitch he is. If that is "hood" by ATL standards than you all must be a bunch of panochas too. A real MFer does his shit himself and doesnt cooperate with the cops like your wannabe thug homeboy did when he got caught..

packers11
10-09-2008, 10:32 PM
www.rotoworld.com

CBS 11 in Dallas is reporting that Pacman Jones' scuffle with his bodyguard occurred at shift change when the new bodyguard didn't agree with Pacman being at the hotel party he was attending.

Pacman was also allegedly drinking at the time, which causes "bad mood swings" according to the bodyguard. Though the Cowboys elected not to suspend Pacman, the NFL is still investigating and could take action soon.

Source: CBS11TV.com

Tarlam!
10-10-2008, 12:02 AM
There's such a huge difference between having a drinking problem and having your boyz shoot a man that I cant even begin.

So, essentially, you're saying the system didn't punish Jones adequately?

That may be the case. But, he's been served his punishment and, as a part of the system, you need to get over it.

SnakeLH2006
10-10-2008, 01:15 AM
You guys got it all wrong. Pacman is a beast yo. Knocking out fools in wrestling. He's lucky his bodyguard didn't meanmug him or lights out yo! By the way he's a team player according to this. :shock: :roll: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNjEjIiKWiQ