PDA

View Full Version : Obama born elsewhere?

Partial
10-08-2008, 10:32 PM
I've heard that many are speculating Obama wasn't born in America since they cannot find any early education records on him, and he won't show a birth certificate.

Any truth to these? I wouldn't be that surprised.

texaspackerbacker
10-08-2008, 10:43 PM
They say he was born in Hawaii. I suppose that is true.

Wouldn't it be some October surprise if it turned out he wasn't?

Since it IS a Constitutional requirement, it would certainly seem sure that he'd be forced to present proof before his inauguration. And nobody in his right mind, not even Obama would stay in this long, much less through the election if he really had anything to worry about.

HowardRoark
10-08-2008, 10:47 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_R-l1iejogZw/SK7ZGOcOblI/AAAAAAAAAxs/hkDPpTMo6Xc/s1600-h/Berg+v+Obama+Page+1.jpg

texaspackerbacker
10-08-2008, 10:55 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_R-l1iejogZw/SK7ZGOcOblI/AAAAAAAAAxs/hkDPpTMo6Xc/s1600-h/Berg+v+Obama+Page+1.jpg

That's all very intriguing ........... but I seriously doubt anything comes of it. We can all hope, though.

MadScientist
10-08-2008, 10:55 PM
http://fightthesmears.com/articles/5/birthcertificate

There's the real certificate. The claim is bullshit.

It probably came as a response to (invalid) arguments that McCain is not a natural born citizen because he was born in Panama.

texaspackerbacker
10-08-2008, 11:01 PM
Howard, do you know when the lawsuit in your post either was or will be adjudicated?

mraynrand
10-09-2008, 12:49 AM
Dan Rather has all the relevant documents for Obama and McCain.

HowardRoark
10-09-2008, 09:14 AM

It probably came as a response to (invalid) arguments that McCain is not a natural born citizen because he was born in Panama.

It was actually a Hillary thing:

Raining on Barack's parade

Barack Obama's presidential campaign has faced so many false rumors about his family history that it has put his birth certificate on the Internet: he was born in Honolulu, nearly two years after Hawaii became a state, making Obama a U.S. citizen by birth.

But that hasn't stopped Montgomery County lawyer Philip J. Berg from challenging Obama's qualifications to be president.

Berg, a Hillary Clinton supporter, announced he's filing a federal lawsuit today, claiming that Obama lost his citizenship when his mother relocated the family to Indonesia when Barack was a boy.

Under the law, however, moving to a foreign country does not negate an American's citizenship.

Berg said that he's acting on his own, not as an agent for the Clinton campaign. Republicans were prepared to file a similar lawsuit after the Democratic convention, he said.

mraynrand
10-09-2008, 09:23 AM
Raining on Barack's parade

Barack Obama's presidential campaign has faced so many false rumors about his family history .....

Maybe, there are all these false claims, because he makes most of them himself - like the other night, trying to paint the picture that he grew up a poor black child, which is patently false.

http://thebiz.fancast.com/Blog-Steve-Martin-The-Jerk.jpg

sooner6600
10-10-2008, 10:34 AM
Me thinks that the cirtificate of live birth look crooked.

Look at the font; did such a font exist in 1961?

I doubt it; looks like Dan Rather is at it again .........

Note; this is reference to the Geoerge Bush rush job by
the CBS anchor.

Tisk Tisk; such lame beleivers we have in politics.

- - - - - -

Then again we have a Kenyan vs a Panamanian!

Oh good Lord; why such weak candidates for such a high lofty office?

anyone?

Buhler...... Buhler.... Tex?

hoosier
10-10-2008, 10:45 AM

the CBS anchor.

- - - - - -

anyone?

Nobody is claiming this one was printed in 1961, just that it's his official birth certificate. If you lose the original that was sent to your parents after you were born, you can have a new official (not original) certificate drawn up.

LL2
10-10-2008, 10:52 AM

Where is the signature from the county clerk? Not sure how it's done in Hawaii but my kids birth certificates are signed by the country clerk and there is a seal on it.

mraynrand
10-10-2008, 10:55 AM
The nationality discussion is pretty nutty. But the discussion about Obama's past, and the missing or unreleased records (state senate, college) and missing or questionable accomplishments (Annenberg Board, articles for the law review, content of his Race and the Law tests (available from NYT, if you are interested)) are legitimate topics.

texaspackerbacker
10-10-2008, 11:06 AM

the CBS anchor.

- - - - - -

anyone?

I was against McCain before I was for him!

The Panamanian issue isn't valid. It is a long established thing that a baby born overseas to an active duty military family deployed there IS eligible to be president.

The Obama situation comes down to the validity of the document. If he really was born in Kenya, he wouldn't be eligible. As I said in the earlier post, though, this is a clear either/or. As little respect as I have for Obama, I doubt even he would let it get this far if he knew damn well his "evdence" of eligibiliity wasn't gonna stand scrutiny or investigation.

The other issue--that he lost his citizenship by his mother taking him with her as she became an expatriate to Indonesia seems even shakier.

I think anybody placing hope in stopping Obama over this eligibility thing is doomed to disappointment. We still do have a little thing called the election, however. It looked bad at this stage of the game for Bush against Gore and Kerry too, and as I have stated, there are factors in the polling that inflate Obama Bin Biden's totals and deflate McCain/Palin's totals.

I have a bad feeling this time around, though. If politics is a game, it just seems like the bad guys are playing the game more effectively than the good guys. And, of course, it's like football where all of the officials except one are unabashedly favoring the other side--and the remaining one is trying way too hard to be fair and balanced. I refer to the media.

texaspackerbacker
10-10-2008, 11:14 AM

the CBS anchor.

- - - - - -

anyone?

Nobody is claiming this one was printed in 1961, just that it's his official birth certificate. If you lose the original that was sent to your parents after you were born, you can have a new official (not original) certificate drawn up.

Yes but ....... the new one is generally a certified copy of an original that is recorded in a court house--and thus, looks like the original.

I think the more likely thing with Obama is that the original WAS validly made in the U.S. The bigger question is, was the info of the birth valid that the certificate was based on? And even if it's not, how in the hell are you gonna prove otherwise? It sounds like he was born in Kenya, put on a plane with his mother, brought to America and registered. But proving that 40 some years later? Not likely.

It would be rather compelling if his grandmother and other relatives witnessed his birth in Kenya, but fat chance of them testifying against him.

mraynrand
10-10-2008, 11:15 AM
I have a bad feeling this time around, though. If politics is a game, it just seems like the bad guys are playing the game more effectively than the good guys. And, of course, it's like football where all of the officials except one are unabashedly favoring the other side--and the remaining one is trying way too hard to be fair and balanced. I refer to the media.

It's really about the circumstances. With the financial upheaval, people are basically saying that the free markets are failing us, republicans are the party of free markets, therefore; go democrat. I think fair or not, it's that simple.

texaspackerbacker
10-10-2008, 11:25 AM

It's really about the circumstances. With the financial upheaval, people are basically saying that the free markets are failing us, republicans are the party of free markets, therefore; go democrat. I think fair or not, it's that simple.

Do you really think Americans are that easily swayed away from what got us to our lofty standard of living? Obama is very effectively disguising his anti-free enterprise capitalism stance with class warfare--a very effective tactic, especially in this "crisis"--contrived, as I suspect, or otherwise--when it is so easy to villify the haves. Obama's ads and debate sound bites SOUND better than McCain's--never mind that it is LIES. Tax cuts for 95% of the people; 3 times as many people benefiting than for McCain's cut; That goes uncontradicted by the media and only weakly contradicted by McCain's people.

mraynrand
10-10-2008, 11:33 AM

Do you really think Americans are that easily swayed away from what got us to our lofty standard of living?

Obama is very effectively disguising his anti-free enterprise capitalism stance with class warfare--a very effective tactic, especially in this "crisis"--contrived, as I suspect, or otherwise--when it is so easy to villify the haves. Obama's ads and debate sound bites SOUND better than McCain's--never mind that it is LIES. Tax cuts for 95% of the people; 3 times as many people benefiting than for McCain's cut; That goes uncontradicted by the media and only weakly contradicted by McCain's people.

Yes - enough to give Obama a push. And yes, Obama is being very skillful in hiding his true beliefs. Sure, the press is helping, but it really is Uber-Clinton in it's brazen and effective nature.

texaspackerbacker
10-10-2008, 11:57 AM
Aynrand, I know this is gonna stir up trouble with you and Howard and Bobblehead, but I think people who think like you guys contribute to the problem.

How? Well, we've been over this before. It has to do with the nature of free enterprise capitalism, and more specifically, what does and doesn't fall within that system. Think of free enterprise capitalism as the GOLDEN GOOSE that has given us our gloriously high standard of living--the engine that enables small business--which in turn is the force creating jobs and helping the financial situation of everyone--employers and employees.

You have to distinguish between KILLING The Golden Goose and merely USING The Golden Goose. Raising taxes and increasing regulation--blanket regulation that targets the little guys right along with those trying to scam the mortgage markets, etc.. I don't hear much dedication or enthusiasm from you guys--or national figures with similar views--to cutting taxes and maintaining the cuts or to getting the government off our backs. Rather, I hear things, incredibly, like "we have to force people to get health insurance"--THAT'S REGULATION! Why? So the haves won't have rates go up because the have nots are getting their health care through the back door.

The USING that I refer to is spending/injecting money--even deficit-raised money into our economy--which, as I have stated over and over, may offend your sensitivities of fairness, but are basically GOOD in net effect for the economy.

That mindset plays right into the hands of the class warfare trash--like Obama--who are ready and waiting to sell people on their social engineering programs--and doing so with damn effective rhetoric!

It's a matter of priorities. And way too many on the good side lose sight of the priorities even within the realm of the economy--not even getting into the runaway HIGHEST PRIORITY of all, the FACT that electing Obama would leave America wide open to hits by our terrorist enemies.

What would THAT do to our economy? And why in the hell to you 3 wise conservatives de-emphasize this ISSUE # 1 so horribly?

mraynrand
10-10-2008, 01:06 PM
Tex,

I think you have me confused with someone else. I didn't say the free enterprise system (insomuch as it is one) is bad. I'm only saying that I think there are those who will see it as at fault in the recent crisis - and Obama and surrogates are playing that card. They are making the connection between free market, republicans, and the current market failures. Look at Ty - he focused a lot on the Gramm deregulations and it seemed to me as though he wanted to lay the blame for most of the crisis at the feet of those moves and Republicans, even though a lot (a lot) of Dems went along with it, and Dems contributed by shitting things up with the mortgages. The mortgages were bad - trying to bundle that shit and hide them in a sweet smelling MBS box made it even worse. McCain and others are pointing at deregulation and failures in oversight as well. (edit: not to mention that McCain tossed in that 300 billion mortgage rescue provision - and the bailout itself - both which could be viewed as anti-free market. Essentially, even though McCain wants to keep the economy from collapsing, he's still on board with non-free market solutions, which helps those that make the argument that the free market doesn't work). Where am I wrong?

Obama has a thin record. His associates, chosen for expediency during his political rise in Chicago, almost all corrupt, anti-American and/or racist, matter. His views, occasionally revealed in unguarded moments should define him (e.g. clinging to guns, religion), and his policies (reduced military with a reactionary stance, increased taxation and spending), are exactly the wrong thing to propose now, and really ever. I just don't think that message is going to resonate when a lot of people are panicky, pointing fingers, with most of the press actively blaming exclusively the repubs.

sheepshead
10-12-2008, 10:25 AM
http://www.redstate.com/