PDA

View Full Version : UR the Coach of GB. Make one change to improve our team NOW.

SnakeLH2006
10-10-2008, 01:28 AM
Seems like there are a lot of problems right now with our team in Green Bay. If you could make one change (serious replys only....not trade for Moss or Walter Jones) but a fundamental one, what would it be and why?

Personally, I'd suggest getting rid of this finesse offense shit and going to a power I, smash mouth offense. We'd incorporate more power I formations with 2 fullbacks and use our backs more. If we can't run the ball, the spread formation (5 wide or 4 wide) is moot.

Arod has done well, but without a running threat, we can't score consistently or keep our D off the field. Our D-Line is shitty as hell right now stopping the run as that is the downfall for our team right now as I can never remember us being so bad at stopping the run....an avg. of 190+ rushing yards given up a game the last 3 weeks, but it all starts with OUR running game. Commit to the run, and scrap the Zone Blocking so we can control the clock and set up the play action passing.

What's you take? You're the coach, how would you solve this mess?

Gunakor
10-10-2008, 11:08 AM
Well the run game looked alot better last week than in weeks prior, and didn't really start to get going last season until week 6 either. I think to improve the run game all that is required is better continuity on the OL. That means getting them healthy and keeping them healthy.

The Packers are #3 in the NFC in points scored, so scoring points isn't the problem. The problem is that we are one of the worst in the NFC in terms of points allowed. If any immediate change is necessary, it would be on the defensive side of the ball. Looking at the list of players that are or could be on the trading block with the deadline coming up, Dewayne White of the Detroit Lions looks to be the best upgrade right now. He's a DE who can get pressure on the QB, and like Cullen Jenkins he can be moved inside on 3rd and long when KGB plays DE on passing downs. He's not outstanding against the run but is much more solid than KGB. As I pointed out in another thread, however, that won't likely happen because inter-divisional trades don't really happen in the middle of the season.

Justin Harrell is healthy (allegedly) and will be put back on the dress list after the Seahawks game. That should make the entire group more effective, because it adds another DT to the rotation keeping everyone a bit more fresh in the later stages of games. You won't see our guys as gassed and as a result should be able to make more plays.

I think the best thing that would improve this team is for our guys to get healthy and back onto the field. I don't think there's a whole lot of street FA's or guys on the trading block that are better than the guys we put on the injury list every week. Get some of those guys back out there and we'll be fine.

SkinBasket
10-10-2008, 11:12 AM
I would tell the team not to read bad ideas on internet forums.

Tony Oday
10-10-2008, 11:16 AM
There has to be an available DT that would like to play for the Pack in the mold of Pickett and Grady...Hollis Thomas if he can play comes to mind.

Pugger
10-10-2008, 11:54 AM
Unless you are willing to trade picks plus players you aren't gonna find a decent DE/DT at this time of the season. :? Most of the guys out there on the streets are unemployed for a reason.

Maybe our coaches should get the fellas to go back to some basic fundimental drills during practice? Their discipline, blocking and tackling the last 3 weeks has been atrocious! It can't hurt!

Brando19
10-10-2008, 11:56 AM

:roll:

Harlan Huckleby
10-10-2008, 12:03 PM
Shake up the offensive line. (I don't mean change any of the starters, just give um a good shake.)

MacCool606
10-10-2008, 12:15 PM
Fire Schottenheimer
(not for anything specific - just haven't heard it called for lately)

SkinBasket
10-10-2008, 12:21 PM

And ignore emoticons.

Kyle.McCarroll
10-10-2008, 12:40 PM

And ignore emoticons.

:lol: :lol:

Patler
10-10-2008, 12:53 PM
Hire a faith healer.

Seriously, I'm not sure how much can be changed at this point, scheme-wise. Teams spend all summer "putting in" there offense and defense. About all you could do now is change the emphasis of what you do within the schemes already employed. The only personnel changes that might make a difference would be in the O-line. Otherwise they are pretty much stuck with what they have.

MadtownPacker
10-10-2008, 01:12 PM
Your the coach of the Packers?? You look straight in the damn mirror and you tell yourself "quit being a wimp!" & "you can do it Mikey" and you go to ARod and tell him he is getting shot up every week and he is gonna throw the ball as much as is needed to score on every drive. Then you call passing plays that Jennings and DD turn into yardage. The Packers WRs are unstoppable if you ask me.

Cheesehead Craig
10-10-2008, 01:37 PM
Get some hot cheerleaders

Gunakor
10-10-2008, 01:38 PM
Your the coach of the Packers?? You look straight and the damn mirror and you tell yourself "quit being a wimp!" & "you can do it Mikey" and you go to ARod and tell him he is getting shot up every week and he is gonna throw the ball as much as is needed to score on every drive. Then you call passing plays that Jennings and DD turn into yardage. The Packers WRs are unstoppable if you ask me.

Agreed about our WR's, but unless we find a LT that is capable of protecting Rodgers' blind side we can't just throw all the time. RDE's are just gonna tee off on Rodgers without even thinking run and before you know it Rodgers is in ICU while Flynn or Brohm are getting the crap beat out of them. We have to be able to run the ball and do so effectively.

Like I said, scoring points is the least of our concerns. This offense can score points. Will this defense stop allowing more points than our #3 ranked (NFC) scoring offense can produce? That is what needs to change ASAP.

Pacopete4
10-10-2008, 02:13 PM
Your the coach of the Packers?? You look straight and the damn mirror and you tell yourself "quit being a wimp!" & "you can do it Mikey" and you go to ARod and tell him he is getting shot up every week and he is gonna throw the ball as much as is needed to score on every drive. Then you call passing plays that Jennings and DD turn into yardage. The Packers WRs are unstoppable if you ask me.

Agreed about our WR's, but unless we find a LT that is capable of protecting Rodgers' blind side we can't just throw all the time. RDE's are just gonna tee off on Rodgers without even thinking run and before you know it Rodgers is in ICU while Flynn or Brohm are getting the crap beat out of them. We have to be able to run the ball and do so effectively.

Like I said, scoring points is the least of our concerns. This offense can score points. Will this defense stop allowing more points than our #3 ranked (NFC) scoring offense can produce? That is what needs to change ASAP.

bzzzzz... wrong! Our DEFENSE/ST has scored 4 touchdowns which would put our offense avg. down to about 20/21 pts a game and if u take out the Lions game, which every team should really do.. our offense is fucking pathetic..

our offense has scored 71pts in 4 games(no lions, wont accept that game) which avg to about 17-18 pts a game... NOT GOOD ENOUGH! specially with the so called "weapons" we're supposed to have on this team

LL2
10-10-2008, 02:16 PM

Now we're talking.

Pacopete4
10-10-2008, 02:18 PM

Now we're talking.

ya, those pale hs/college ones just dont do it for me...

cheesner
10-10-2008, 02:22 PM
Hire Cheesner as a consultant.

Try a different method of motivation. Shake things up. Put in a different O-Line. Have the team meet without coaches to hold each other accountable.

BallHawk
10-10-2008, 03:21 PM
Max McGee treatment.....get 'em drunk every Saturday night.

Brando19
10-10-2008, 03:52 PM

And ignore emoticons.

I wouldn't mind kickin' your ass. You need it. You're nothing but negative anymore. I like this thread and the reasoning for it...and yuo go and say it's a bad idea and everyone's ideas are bad. Well you need to loosen up and realize noone cares what you think, my friend.

Gunakor
10-10-2008, 04:19 PM

bzzzzz... wrong! Our DEFENSE/ST has scored 4 touchdowns which would put our offense avg. down to about 20/21 pts a game and if u take out the Lions game, which every team should really do.. our offense is fucking pathetic..

our offense has scored 71pts in 4 games(no lions, wont accept that game) which avg to about 17-18 pts a game... NOT GOOD ENOUGH! specially with the so called "weapons" we're supposed to have on this team

Paco, do you honestly believe that the problem right now is our offense rather than our defense? You don't think that giving up 180 yards on the ground on a weekly basis might be the big issue? Or the fact that we are one of the worst teams in the NFL in terms of points allowed? DEFENSE is the problem. The defense has scored points for us, but that's not what I'm concerned with nor has it ever been. I'm concerned with the number of points the defense has allowed. Thier job is to keep opponents out of the endzone and they haven't done that very well lately. That's what concerns me. If you are not concerned then you are a damn fool.

By the way, you have to include the Lions game. Our offense scored many points, as did our defense. But the defense gave up plenty that day too, much more than they should be to a lousy Detroit team. That's a problem.

The fact that you suggest every team should discount the Lions game cost you any credibility you might have had. You play the teams on your schedule, and every game counts. At the end of the year, nobody is going to say "Well, Rodgers threw 32 TD passes this year but 4 of them came against the Lions so he really only threw 28". What a bullshit suggestion.

So this team is averaging 21 points per game on offense. That's respectable. Do you think teams should have to score 28 points a game to win? NO. They should not have to. The defense should be holding teams to 14-17 a game and that's less than the 21 we are averaging on offense. Great defenses hold teams to 10-14 per game. Ours doesn't have to be great, just good. Keeping teams from reaching the endzone 3 fucking times a game doesn't seem that unrealistic to me.

Pacopete4
10-10-2008, 04:29 PM
They allowed 18-19 points a game last season.... its not like they were awesome then either... what are u expecting them to do?... really?

but our offense on the other hand averages 27-28 pts per game...

and I can tell u the difference maker, but u just dont wanna hear it... right?

Pacopete4
10-10-2008, 04:34 PM
I should say though that I dont think the Offense is the complete problem.. the D hasnt been up to snuff either

Gunakor
10-10-2008, 05:18 PM
They allowed 18-19 points a game last season.... its not like they were awesome then either... what are u expecting them to do?... really?

If they allowed 18-20 points per game THIS season we'd be 4-1. Same as we were after 5 games last year. Your argument is starting to make very little sense. You only have to win by 1 point to come away with a tally in the win column. As long as your team scores more points than your opponent, who the fuck cares how big the difference is?

Pacopete4
10-10-2008, 05:26 PM

If they allowed 18-20 points per game THIS season we'd be 4-1. Same as we were after 5 games last year. Your argument is starting to make very little sense. You only have to win by 1 point to come away with a tally in the win column. As long as your team scores more points than your opponent, who the fuck cares how big the difference is?

my argument is the offense isnt doing as good of a job... and is it?... noooooope how cant u understand that?

Gunakor
10-10-2008, 05:34 PM

my argument is the offense isnt doing as good of a job... and is it?... noooooope how cant u understand that?

We didn't have a run game at the beginning of last year either, the run game looks better to begin this year than it did to begin last year. Aaron Rodgers is 6th in the NFL in passing yards, 7th in the NFL in passing TD's, and 10th in QB rating. He has more rushing yards and TD's than Favre has had in the last 3 years combined. What has changed on offense that has prevented it from doing quite as well as last year? PENALTIES. That has been the biggest change from last year to this year. Penalties. Like I've been saying, penalties result from lack of preparation. That's McCarthy, not Thompson. How can't you understand THAT?

Partial
10-10-2008, 05:39 PM
rid myself of Robert Sanders. Then, I'd go after one of the assistants under Rex Ryan.

Pacopete4
10-10-2008, 05:40 PM

We didn't have a run game at the beginning of last year either, the run game looks better to begin this year than it did to begin last year. Aaron Rodgers is 6th in the NFL in passing yards, 7th in the NFL in passing TD's, and 10th in QB rating. He has more rushing yards and TD's than Favre has had in the last 3 years combined. What has changed on offense that has prevented it from doing quite as well as last year? PENALTIES. That has been the biggest change from last year to this year. Penalties. Like I've been saying, penalties result from lack of preparation. That's McCarthy, not Thompson. How can't you understand THAT?

they didnt have a problem with 10 of the guys last season.......

Gunakor
10-10-2008, 05:46 PM

Exactly Paco, now you are getting it. They didn't have that problem with those 10 guys last season, and now they do. That doesn't speak to a players talent level - they are the same players. Same talent level. If they weren't shit players last year then they aren't shit players this year. They are just playing shitty, and if it's just an issue of them playing below thier potential then that can be corrected. These are good football players Paco. It's mental mistakes that are holding them back. Correctable mental mistakes that, as you pointed out, were not typical of the same players last season. When they get that fixed you'll see.

Pacopete4
10-10-2008, 05:49 PM

Exactly Paco, now you are getting it. They didn't have that problem with those 10 guys last season, and now they do. That doesn't speak to a players talent level - they are the same players. Same talent level. If they weren't shit players last year then they aren't shit players this year. They are just playing shitty, and if it's just an issue of them playing below thier potential then that can be corrected. These are good football players Paco. It's mental mistakes that are holding them back. Correctable mental mistakes that, as you pointed out, were not typical of the same players last season. When they get that fixed you'll see.

no... they were shit last year too... we just had a QB that didnt pat the ball in the pocket trying to read one defender... he got rid of the ball, he checked outta plays that put us in bad spots... THAT IS WHAT WE ARE MISSING... Rodgers is playin great for a rookie.. he really is, but that is the complete different in this offense this season... Favre knew what the hell he was doing which covered up the crappy shit he had infront of him

Gunakor
10-10-2008, 05:53 PM

no... they were shit last year too... we just had a QB that didnt pat the ball in the pocket trying to read one defender... he got rid of the ball, he checked outta plays that put us in bad spots... THAT IS WHAT WE ARE MISSING... Rodgers is playin great for a rookie.. he really is, but that is the complete different in this offense this season... Favre knew what the hell he was doing which covered up the crappy shit he had infront of him

I guess I'll just have to disagree with your evaluation and leave it at that. I didn't think they were shit last year. I thought they were shit at the beginning of last year, but VERY serviceable at the end.

Patler
10-10-2008, 06:16 PM

Let's at least be consistent in doing the calculations. If you are deducting for defense/ST scores in 2008, and ignoring Detroit, you should do so also in 2007.

In 2007 the Packers scored 435 points, but had 6 TDs on defense and special teams, so the offense was responsible for 393 points. But, Detroit doesn't count for you, so deduct another 71 points for the two Detroit games in 2007. That leaves 322 points in 14 games, or about 23 points per game.

Now, if you want to reference your "difference maker from 2007 to 2008" we should probably ignore the 2007 Dallas game in which he engineered little. That leaves 295 points in 13 games, or about 22.7 points per game.

Still more in 2007 than in 2008, but the difference is not nearly so great

GBRulz
10-10-2008, 06:21 PM
rid myself of Robert Sanders.

I agree with this 100%. I've never been a fan of his. More importantly, Schott needs to go. If the defense continues like this all year, those two should be canned immediately. IMO, we have too much talent on our D to just be average, or these days, below average.

Brando19
10-10-2008, 06:21 PM

Let's at least be consistent in doing the calculations. If you are deducting for defense/ST scores in 2008, and ignoring Detroit, you should do so also in 2007.

In 2007 the Packers scored 435 points, but had 6 TDs on defense and special teams, so the offense was responsible for 393 points. But, Detroit doesn't count for you, so deduct another 71 points for the two Detroit games in 2007. That leaves 322 points in 14 games, or about 23 points per game.

Now, if you want to reference your "difference maker from 2007 to 2008" we should probably ignore the 2007 Dallas game in which he engineered little. That leaves 295 points in 13 games, or about 22.7 points per game.

Still more in 2007 than in 2008, but the difference is not nearly so great

You've just been......Patlerized! :P

Gunakor
10-10-2008, 06:44 PM
Here's something funny. Brett Favre has been sacked 10 times in 4 games (2.5 sacks per game) with a very savvy veteran OL full of former first round picks in front of him. He was sacked, what, 15-20 times all season last year - with a much more inexperienced line protecting him? Using your theory that Favre makes his line look better because of his pocket awareness, how would you explain this one Paco?

For perspective, let me also mention that Rodgers has only been sacked 11 times, and that being in 5 games since he hasn't had the benefit of the bye week yet (2.2 sacks per game).

Brando19
10-10-2008, 06:48 PM
Here's something funny. Brett Favre has been sacked 10 times in 4 games (2.5 sacks per game) with a very savvy veteran OL full of former first round picks in front of him. He was sacked, what, 15-20 times all season last year - with a much more inexperienced line protecting him? Using your theory that Favre makes his line look better because of his pocket awareness, how would you explain this one Paco?

For perspective, let me also mention that Rodgers has only been sacked 11 times, and that being in 5 games since he hasn't had the benefit of the bye week yet (2.2 sacks per game).

Rodgers needs to learn to get rid of the ball quicker...if he had Favre's quick release every time....watch out!

Patler
10-10-2008, 07:03 PM
You've just been......Patlerized! :P

It wasn't intended that way, honest!
Just trying to get the comparisons on equal footing.

MadtownPacker
10-10-2008, 09:46 PM
do you honestly believe that the problem right now is our offense rather than our defense?I know you where asking Paco but I just wanted to say that I think the offense is doing fine. The cowboys game is the only one where the offense looked bad IMO. I agree the defense is not holding up and that is hurting M3's game plans. That's why I think he needs to do something to score more because the defense is not going to change. Unless a bunch of young players step up big on D the offense will need to put up 30 a game. I think they are capable of doing that.

Bretsky
10-10-2008, 10:02 PM

Come on Gunakor; this one is easy and my guess is you'd give the same answer. Favre's not mastered the offense. He's more indecisive. Opposite of what he was last year. He's not making the reads as quick and he's not getting rid of the ball as quick. He doesn't have the same command over the system or the same rapport with the WR's. Stat doesn't surprise me at all.

Bretsky
10-10-2008, 10:04 PM
For me this one is quite easy. Our defense is a mess; one player change won't make much of a difference.

:violin: :violin:

Happy Trails to Vanilla Bob

RashanGary
10-10-2008, 10:10 PM
Honestly, I think the defensive problem is more on TT than Bob Sanders, but I wouldn't mind seeing Sanders go anyway.

TT has to start reloading that DL. That was one area Sherman left in pretty good shape and TT hasn't done much of anything to reload it with young, talented players. Maybe he'll get it done, but so far he hasn't done a good enough job in that area.

MJZiggy
10-10-2008, 10:12 PM
How many DTs did he keep on the roster last season?

RashanGary
10-10-2008, 10:15 PM
How many DTs did he keep on the roster last season?

More importantly, how many are playing well for us now? I'm a big TT fan. I don't expect him to win the SB every year. I don't even exect him to be in the playoffs every year. I do expect him to continually solve problems and eventually I want to see a team that is very strong in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Eventually I want a SB caliber team. So far he hasn't gotten that done, in my opinion. That's not to say he's at fault. Maybe opportunity with reward worthy of the risk or pick hasn't yet arrived, but over a long enough time he should do better than he has. Thus far it hasn't been enough. Again, maybe it's not his fault. Maybe it's hasn't come together yet. It has to show signs of getting better soon (next year or year after).

Bretsky
10-10-2008, 10:18 PM
Honestly, I think the defensive problem is more on TT than Bob Sanders, but I wouldn't mind seeing Sanders go anyway.

TT has to start reloading that DL. That was one area Sherman left in pretty good shape and TT hasn't done much of anything to reload it with young, talented players. Maybe he'll get it done, but so far he hasn't done a good enough job in that area.

I agree with you.......but wait......what have you done with the JH that rarely questioned TT ?

I wonder how Philip Mehring is doing as a rookie ? He was the one DL who really fell and was projected to go higher then he was drafted. He was there for the taking for TT before he chose to trade down and draft Jordy. I think he was selected two picks after Green Bay's original slot.

I was kind of hoping TT would grab a DL in round two. I know it's a simple way of looking at things........but I wanted to compare Corey Williams with a DL they picked in that slot. Now we just look at Brohm.

Corey Williams was not a great starter; but many in here underestimate the importance he was on this roster. He was a part of the pie that made up a solid DL.

Kind of the perfect pass rushing compliment to Jolly and Pickett. All three were more effective as a group.

He added something to our DT rotation in pure pass rushing that we simply do not have right now.

I was content with getting a 2nd rounder though; but I underestimated how important Williams was as part of the rotation also.

RashanGary
10-10-2008, 10:22 PM
We'll see how it goes. I have a lot of confidence in TT, but he's going to have to start getting better results on both lines. The OL I still give him a bit of a pass on, but he inherited a decent DL and hasn't added enough pieces to make it better or even stay the same, really.

Gunakor
10-10-2008, 11:27 PM

Come on Gunakor; this one is easy and my guess is you'd give the same answer. Favre's not mastered the offense. He's more indecisive. Opposite of what he was last year. He's not making the reads as quick and he's not getting rid of the ball as quick. He doesn't have the same command over the system or the same rapport with the WR's. Stat doesn't surprise me at all.

Ah, but look at the line protecting him. You'd think with all the time he has behind them compared what he had behind this garbage that he'd be sacked way less than an inexperienced Aaron Rodgers in his first season as a starter. At least, using Paco's theory anyway.

Gunakor
10-10-2008, 11:37 PM

Don't rule out... um... Justin Harrell. He's allegedly perfectly healthy now and will be back on the field at home against the Colts. He looked alright at the end of last season, and he's healthier now supposedly, so he might have something to add.

cpk1994
10-11-2008, 12:11 AM

Absolute troll

:bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2:

Bretsky
10-11-2008, 09:32 AM

Absolute troll

By now I think everybody who has ever read a single thread in here knows you and Paco don't care for each other so it would be dam cool if we can stop this nonsense. One that calls Paco a Favre troll could just as easisy call you the Anti Favre troll.

MJZiggy
10-11-2008, 09:36 AM
By now I think everybody who has ever read a single thread in here knows you and Paco don't care for each other so it would be dam cool if we can stop this nonsense. One that calls Paco a Favre troll could just as easisy call you the Anti Favre troll.

:bump: :hug: :hrt: :worship: :bow: :!:

Kudos B.

RashanGary
10-11-2008, 10:04 AM
Don't rule out... um... Justin Harrell. He's allegedly perfectly healthy now and will be back on the field at home against the Colts. He looked alright at the end of last season, and he's healthier now supposedly, so he might have something to add.

I'm very disappointed in Justin Harrell. I listened to a video interview of his at Packers.com and his head is in the wrong spot. When asked about his conditioning playing a part, he said, "who gets out in the offseason and works like they should?". He went on to sarcastically say there is no way you can prevent a herniated disc. That type of attitude does not sit well with me. He's not focused on what he can do better. He's focused on making excuses and justifying his poor behavior. Excuses bother me. If you want to be in good shape, that is a choice not bad luck. That's all there is to it. The injury is something I don't blame him for, but the work ethic is inexcusable and all I heard was excuses. Maybe he comes out and does well but he's not in the right frame of mind right now. He has to want to be the best and I think he's more concerned with his time off than with his career. It's a shame and I hope I'm wrong.

Partial
10-11-2008, 10:23 AM
Justin Harrell has a deeper, more sexy voice than I imagined. He's like the bass singer from Boys II Men.

MJZiggy
10-11-2008, 11:12 AM
Justin Harrell has a deeper, more sexy voice than I imagined. He's like the bass singer from Boys II Men.

Shit, P. I thought you were talking about the poster JustinHarrell... :shock:

Rastak
10-11-2008, 11:19 AM

Shit, P. I thought you were talking about the poster JustinHarrell... :shock:

He wasn't?

TheCheese
10-11-2008, 01:03 PM

haha awesome.

Tony Oday
10-11-2008, 02:21 PM
I think TT has actually reloaded this DL however some things havent worked out. Harrell being a bust to date as a 1st rounder. Jenkins getting hurt. Pickett not as big of a load in the middle. KGB getting older. Montgomery still a year or two way.

I love Jolly playing DT with a strong DT to the side of him. Jenkins on the corner in run downs and on DE on passing downs. Kamp is a stud that commands double teams. KGB is a little over the hill but could still become a factor this season.

Williams was a good fir in our line that is why he got a GREAT contract for him but that would have been a bad contract for us. That being said I think on defense this year in the offseason to become a REALLY scary defense we bring in another run stopping DT PROVEN not a draft pick and a younger 3rd down rush specialist.

Another thought I had is we are not getting the push on the line right now at all. Its just the truth. Why not put 5 D Linemen on the line run a 5-2. Hawk on the TE and Let Barnett loose and make plays. If he cant well then we know exactlly what we have.

BEARMAN
10-11-2008, 02:39 PM
Fire EVERYONE! Start over (next year) :shock: :twisted:

Fritz
10-11-2008, 02:58 PM
I know what Bretsky means about drafting D linemen. I know it's not the smartest thing necessarily to draft by position, but honestly I wouldn't mind seeing TT draft nothing but defensive and offensive linemen for the first three rounds next year.

Everything begins with the lines.

mraynrand
10-11-2008, 03:25 PM
I thought the Packers were addressing the pressure part of the defense. But in reality, they've taken a major step back, and Jenkins' loss makes it even worse. Kampman is a fine lineman, but he's a technician, setting linemen up, winning by guile and preparation. There's no speed rush or burst there. I was surprised that KGB made the squad. There is no gas left in that tank. What else do they have? LBs? Hawk, maybe, but he's hurt (twice). Barnett - stop I may blow out my spleen laughing about that (sorry Al). There's no pass rush. None, zippo, nada. And the scheme doesn't really support blitzing. Plus, they are struggling with the run. The season is pretty much over, because of the defense. The offense I think will continue to improve, but this team will be lucky to limp into the playoffs and will never make it past a Divisional game on the road with the crap shit defense they have.

mraynrand
10-11-2008, 03:28 PM
Why not put 5 D Linemen on the line run a 5-2. Hawk on the TE and Let Barnett loose and make plays. If he cant well then we know exactlly what we have.

This is pro football, not the Big Ten - you come out with a 5-2 and NFL offenses will gash you to ribbons with speed.

Tony Oday
10-11-2008, 04:24 PM
Why not put 5 D Linemen on the line run a 5-2. Hawk on the TE and Let Barnett loose and make plays. If he cant well then we know exactlly what we have.

This is pro football, not the Big Ten - you come out with a 5-2 and NFL offenses will gash you to ribbons with speed.

It wouldn't have to be if you have a tall DE that can also drop back into coverage.

cpk1994
10-11-2008, 07:06 PM

Absolute troll

By now I think everybody who has ever read a single thread in here knows you and Paco don't care for each other so it would be dam cool if we can stop this nonsense. One that calls Paco a Favre troll could just as easisy call you the Anti Favre troll.What was not BS about his statement? He claims that the whole team was shit last year except for Favre. If you don't think that is BS than you don't know what BS is.

EDIT: This has nothing to do with my hatred of Favre. This has to do with him putting FAvre above the team AGAIN, by saying it was all Favre and the rest of the team did nothing.

Bretsky
10-11-2008, 07:13 PM

Absolute troll

By now I think everybody who has ever read a single thread in here knows you and Paco don't care for each other so it would be dam cool if we can stop this nonsense. One that calls Paco a Favre troll could just as easisy call you the Anti Favre troll.What was not BS about his statement? He claims that the whole team was shit last year except for Favre. If you don't think that is BS than you don't know what BS is.

EDIT: This has nothing to do with my hatred of Favre. This has to do with him putting FAvre above the team AGAIN, by saying it was all Favre and the rest of the team did nothing.

If you think I'm arguing about any content you are missing my entire point

All this troll crap gets sickening after several weeks of the same old same old spats.

You guys should just have a cage match and let all your fire out on each other there

MJZiggy
10-11-2008, 08:24 PM
Can there be mud?

Fritz
10-11-2008, 08:30 PM
Zig you kink mistress, you.

Bretsky
10-11-2008, 08:36 PM
Can there be mud?

Mud requires boobs :!:

SnakeLH2006
10-12-2008, 12:02 AM

This shit blows my mind as the Packerrats Forum may melt down.

I think TT is doing pretty well thus far with player personnel decisions, yet I CANNOT believe you are saying this??? :shock: Wow. Good job bro. Glad to see you can come back to reality a bit.

Back to topic:

I really believe our D-Line is a mess as we all can agree on thus far. But unless we start giving up 40 a game, I doubt we change D-coordinators, so my original thread 1st post comes back. Go to a gap-scheme and stop the finesse shit. Power I (still do 5 wide sometimes) yet we have to control the clock as our D can't consistently do shit. Our run D is attrochious so why not establish the run more? We can pass, but teams have wisened up since last year. Iron Man Aaron is doing pretty well, but give him a chance and run the ball with 2 FB's a bit more. That's all.

cpk1994
10-12-2008, 12:40 AM

All this troll crap gets sickening after several weeks of the same old same old spats.

You guys should just have a cage match and let all your fire out on each other thereYeah, but then I'd get arrested for assaulting a 6 year old. :lol:

SnakeLH2006
10-12-2008, 12:45 AM

You guys should just have a cage match and let all your fire out on each other thereYeah, but then I'd get arrested for assaulting a 6 year old. :lol:

Yeah, but CPK you're 14 now....kind of a big man, but me and your mom are still in constant talks about how to solve your ranting. It gets tiresome, but you do amuse me and your mom. She says shut down your internet, but I don't want you interfering in "grown men activities" if you have nothing else to do around the house. Besides, she loves me though, I tell ya. And damn if can't respect a MILF with deepthroat skills yo. :) Just take your Ritalin and leave grown men discussions to the pros.

cpk1994
10-12-2008, 01:08 AM

Yeah, but CPK you're 14 now....kind of a big man, but me and your mom are still in constant talks about how to solve your ranting. It gets tiresome, but you do amuse me and your mom. She says shut down your internet, but I don't want you interfering in "grown men activities" if you have nothing else to do around the house. Besides, she loves me though, I tell ya. And damn if can't respect a MILF with deepthroat skills yo. :) Just take your Ritalin and leave grown men discussions to the pros.Ahh yes the one trick pony troll. I was wondering when you were going to finish sticking it in your Dad's ass.

SnakeLH2006
10-12-2008, 01:24 AM

Yeah, but CPK you're 14 now....kind of a big man, but me and your mom are still in constant talks about how to solve your ranting. It gets tiresome, but you do amuse me and your mom. She says shut down your internet, but I don't want you interfering in "grown men activities" if you have nothing else to do around the house. Besides, she loves me though, I tell ya. And damn if can't respect a MILF with deepthroat skills yo. :) Just take your Ritalin and leave grown men discussions to the pros.Ahh yes the one trick pony troll. I was wondering when you were going to finish sticking it in my Dad's ass.

Obviously if you haven't figured out as much in this thread alone. A very good Mod (albeit a funny, on the point, and fair Mod) such as Bretsky called your shitstorm with Paco. You called out the whole team M3, MM, TT, Brett....and threw them all under the bus for many months. Bretsky mispoke as he said weeks, he meant many months....as you are ripping Paco left and right...Yes he's totally Favre, but at least I respect that as he's consistent. Maybe jaded, but consistent. You take and turn every comment into yours....whether it be management, coaching, players, etc. I don't hate you, just laugh my ass off at whatever you post as it's ALWAYS negative to throw someone under the bus. You are the only one I've EVER brought up the "Mom" comments toward, only cuz you post like a 12 year old OVER AND FUCKING OVER. You never bring up good topics/posts/comebacks. Bretsky is a pretty cool dude. To call him out makes you look juvenile....thus I'm giving you cred being 14....(I think you look 10) being with your Mom so much. She's great though.

Get back on topic and so will I? So instead of hijacking this thread (and I and most will leave you alone if you can state a coherent argument wihtout the fanboyism or haterisms)...what if you were coach would you do to help our 2-3 team? Bottom line bro. :wink:

cpk1994
10-12-2008, 01:37 AM

Yeah, but CPK you're 14 now....kind of a big man, but me and your mom are still in constant talks about how to solve your ranting. It gets tiresome, but you do amuse me and your mom. She says shut down your internet, but I don't want you interfering in "grown men activities" if you have nothing else to do around the house. Besides, she loves me though, I tell ya. And damn if can't respect a MILF with deepthroat skills yo. :) Just take your Ritalin and leave grown men discussions to the pros.Ahh yes the one trick pony troll. I was wondering when you were going to finish sticking it in my Dad's ass.

Obviously if you haven't figured out as much in this thread alone. A very good Mod (albeit a funny, on the point, and fair Mod) such as Bretsky called your shitstorm with Paco. You called out the whole team M3, MM, TT, Brett....and threw them all under the bus for many months. Bretsky mispoke as he said weeks, he meant many months....as you are ripping Paco left and right...Yes he's totally Favre, but at least I respect that as he's consistent. Maybe jaded, but consistent. You take and turn every comment into yours....whether it be management, coaching, players, etc. I don't hate you, just laugh my ass off at whatever you post as it's ALWAYS negative to throw someone under the bus. You are the only one I've EVER brought up the "Mom" comments toward, only cuz you post like a 12 year old OVER AND FUCKING OVER. You never bring up good topics/posts/comebacks. Bretsky is a pretty cool dude. To call him out makes you look juvenile....thus I'm giving you cred being 14....(I think you look 10) being with your Mom so much. She's great though.

Get back on topic and so will I? So instead of hijacking this thread (and I and most will leave you alone if you can state a coherent argument wihtout the fanboyism or haterisms)...what if you were coach would you do to help our 2-3 team? Bottom line bro. :wink:Boy speaking of incoherence:

1. I didn't call Bretsky out. I simply asked him to point out what of Paco's BS statment was not BS. He couldn't do it. Thats all. The rest of your statment there was pulled out of your ass.

2. Brett got thrown under the bus becuase he deserved it for his selfish bullshit unprofessional attitude.

3. I was mad at TT, MM and M3 once for initally caving to Favre. But they proved to me that they wern't about to let Favre pull his shit anymore.

4.The rest of your, ahem, post is incoherent jibberish and seeing as I don't speak 4 year old like you do, I can't comment.

Tarlam!
10-12-2008, 01:42 AM
Just stop the crapola, will you? I mean ALL of you.

This is not your own personal battleground. Some of us founded this place, because the crap on other forums was too much for real fans to deal with.

Now, some of you feel it's OK to bring your personal attacks here. Well, it's NOT OK.

Talk football.

If you want to attack someone, try PMing. If you get no reply, then take that to mean nobody's interested.

Just keep it off the boards.

Talk football and all is well.

SnakeLH2006
10-12-2008, 01:51 AM
If you think I'm arguing about any content you are missing my entire point as I'm a grown man. 14 dammit is right!!!

Get back on topic and so will I? So instead of hijacking this thread (and I and most will leave you alone if you can state a coherent argument wihtout the fanboyism or haterisms)...what if you were coach would you do to help our 2-3 team? Bottom line bro. :wink:Boy speaking of incoherence:

1. I didn't call Bretsky out as I should be the Mod as I'm always fair with my comments. I simply asked him to point out what of Paco's BS statment was not BS. He couldn't do it and he's a bitch cuz I'm not cuz I'm 12 now and can't be one as I'm the best kickball boy at recess. Thats all. The rest of your statment there was pulled out of your ass.

2. Brett got thrown under the bus becuase he deserved it for his selfish bullshit unprofessional attitude. (Wow, I couldn't even edit that classic..you are the man CPK...you might get your own BEST CPK COMMENTS THREAD soon....just damn!)

3. I was mad at TT, MM and M3 once for initally caving to Favre. But they proved to me that they wern't about to let Favre pull his shit anymore.

4.The rest of your, ahem, post is incoherent jibberish and seeing as I don't speak 4 year old like you do, I can't comment, cuz I'm a man and am sick of my mom being happy with you giving her solid dick after all thoe black dudes just pumping and leaving, at least you left me cookies on the counter so thanks man, but quit calling out my mad inconsistencies and BS when I post my childish shit.

SnakeLH2006
10-12-2008, 01:56 AM

This is not your own personal battleground. Some of us founded this place, because the crap on other forums was too much for real fans to deal with.

Now, some of you feel it's OK to bring your personal attacks here. Well, it's NOT OK.

Talk football.

If you want to attack someone, try PMing. If you get no reply, then take that to mean nobody's interested.

I talk football 99% of the time.....it's just the few tards like CPK that turn a good thread like this into nonsense. I'll stop, drop, and bury a MOFO as all this guy EVER does is knock good threads with negativity ALWAYS, so I can esp. in my own thread stop to to drop this punk. The shit gets real old and the Bretsky is too cool, so I can stand to see a shitty dumb punk like CPK try to protect a good guy like Bret. (Hey I'm a Mod on 3 different forums of my own...I know how it is).

But yes, back on topic, what would you do? I'm all about that gap scheme yo.

cpk1994
10-12-2008, 02:55 AM

Talk football.

I talk football 99% of the time.....it's just the few tards like CPK that turn a good thread like this into nonsense. I'll stop, drop, and bury a MOFO as all this guy EVER does is knock good threads with negativity ALWAYS, so I can esp. in my own thread stop to to drop this punk. The shit gets real old and the Bretsky is too cool, so I can stand to see a shitty dumb punk like CPK try to protect a good guy like Bret. (Hey I'm a Mod on 3 different forums of my own...I know how it is).

But yes, back on topic, what would you do? I'm all about that gap scheme yo.Nice to see you didn't read Bretsky's message. You claim to be the mature one yet you call names and sling personal attacks yourself. Nice to see the blatant hypocrisy.

SnakeLH2006
10-12-2008, 04:04 AM

Talk football.

But yes, back on topic, what would you do? I'm all about that gap scheme yo.Nice to see you didn't read Bretsky's message. You claim to be the mature one yet you call names and sling personal attacks yourself. Nice to see the blatant hypocrisy.

I dunno...I'm balancing some pool/darts with some girls who think you've NEVER gotten laid vs. balanced/targeted threads and posts RIGHT NOW. They love it. Don't tell your mom "playa". You're a joke...keep posting but let off Paco till you balance your "untargeted hate vs. TT, M3, MM, Favre, etc. dumb hate." Bretsky is spot on.

falco
10-12-2008, 07:31 AM
I dunno...I'm balancing some pool/darts with some girls who think you've NEVER gotten laid vs. balanced/targeted threads and posts RIGHT NOW..

right...i've heard that one before :lol:

gbgary
10-12-2008, 05:05 PM
UR the Coach of GB. Make one change to improve our team NOW.

don't know if anyone has said this but here's my take...get a west-coast OC and let him call the plays.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-12-2008, 06:03 PM

It wouldn't have to be if you have a tall DE that can also drop back into coverage.

Cause those guys are so plentiful. :oops:

GBRulz
10-12-2008, 06:39 PM
Can there be mud?

Maybe cpk has man boobs? :lol:

SnakeLH2006
10-12-2008, 07:49 PM
Can there be mud?

He's just 14 man! That's just sick! :lol:

Glad to see we ran the ball more today, albeit for a low avg. yet we did get some first downs and kept our D off the field for long stretches. Much better gameplan vs. Seattle as Arod needs to take as few hits as possible until his shoulder heals. Grant FTW!

GBRulz
10-12-2008, 07:58 PM
Can there be mud?

He's just 14 man! That's just sick! :lol:

Glad to see we ran the ball more today, albeit for a low avg. yet we did get some first downs and kept our D off the field for long stretches. Much better gameplan vs. Seattle as Arod needs to take as few hits as possible until his shoulder heals. Grant FTW!

No, I think he's just a couple years younger than me and that's much older than 14 !!