PDA

View Full Version : I Voted Today

Kiwon
10-10-2008, 03:34 AM
I received my absentee ballot and voted today.

McCain/Palin have at least one vote.

But I don't think that it will do much good as a counterbalance to ACORN's efforts on behalf of Obama that has Tony Romo and Terrell Owens' voting in Nevada, Elvis Presley voting in Ohio, and Seymore Butts voting in all 50 states.

I'm sure that Tim Russert will get to vote several times this election as well. :roll:

mraynrand
10-10-2008, 08:30 AM
I went to early voting in Ohio. Jive Turkey and Mary Poppins and Toonces the Cat were in line in front of me. An Acorn worker asked me if I was a Democrat or Republican out side the voting place. When I said I was voting Republican, he said that voting was next week. He was gone when the police arrived.

hoosier
10-10-2008, 12:19 PM
Somehow I missed where McCain on Wednesday referred to his audience as "my fellow prisoners." Which is in greater freefall, the stock market or the straight talk express? Check out the expressions on the faces of Palin and what's her name when McCain says "my fellow prisoners."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mBi7d6e5KI

mraynrand
10-10-2008, 12:43 PM
Somehow I missed where McCain on Wednesday referred to his audience as "my fellow prisoners." Which is in greater freefall, the stock market or the straight talk express? Check out the expressions on the faces of Palin and what's her name when McCain says "my fellow prisoners."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mBi7d6e5KI

The shock wave was felt throughout all 57 states - even in Katies' restaurant and in Home Depot. Word is that even Hezbollah - driven from Lebanon by US and French forces - was stunned.

LL2
10-10-2008, 01:46 PM
I went to early voting in Ohio. Jive Turkey and Mary Poppins and Toonces the Cat were in line in front of me. An Acorn worker asked me if I was a Democrat or Republican out side the voting place. When I said I was voting Republican, he said that voting was next week. He was gone when the police arrived.

This doesn't shock. Apparently ACORN is giving cash and cigs to voters of Obama.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10102008/news/politics/1_voter__72_registrations_132965.htm

SkinBasket
10-10-2008, 02:53 PM
This doesn't shock. Apparently ACORN is giving cash and cigs to voters of Obama.

LOL. That's not ACORN. That's standard operating procedure for the Dems for every election. I don;t know about you, but I really enjoy having my vote canceled out by some methed-out bum who's voting for the sixth or fortieth time.

hoosier
10-10-2008, 02:59 PM

LOL. That's not ACORN. That's standard operating procedure for the Dems for every election. I don;t know about you, but I really enjoy having my vote canceled out by some methed-out bum who's voting for the sixth or fortieth time.

That's hardly just having your vote cancelled out--I would call it getting outvoted :lol:

HowardRoark
10-10-2008, 03:05 PM

That's hardly just having your vote cancelled out--I would call it getting outvoted :lol:

Article 8
A foreign citizen who files a petition for acquiring Croatian citizenship shall acquire Croatian citizenship by naturalization if he or she meets the following prerequisites:
1. that he or she has reached the age of eighteen years and that his or her legal capacity has not been taken away.
2. that he or she has had his or her foreign citizenship revoked or that he or she submits proof that he or she will get a revocation if he or she would be admitted to Croatian citizenship.
3. that before the filing of the petition he or she had a registered place of residence for a period of not less than five years constantly on the territory of the Republic of Croatia.
4. that he or she is proficient in the Croatian language and Latin script.
5. that a conclusion can be derived from his or her conduct that he or she is attached to the legal system and customs persisting in the Republic of Croatia and that he or she accepts the Croatian culture.
It shall be deemed that the prerequisites from point 2 paragraph 1 of this Article have been met, if the petition was filed by a stateless person or by a person who, according to the Law of the country whose citizen he or she is, will lose it by naturalization.
If the foreign country does not envisage the revocation or is asking for prerequisites to be met, which can not be met, a statement by the person who has filed the petition stating that if he or she acquires Croatian citizenship, he or she renounces foreign citizenship, he or she renounces foreign citizenship, is sufficient.

http://www.epoha.net/55/images/karlovacko.jpg

hoosier
10-10-2008, 03:24 PM
Does anybody else have the sense that the Right in this country is growing increasingly hysterical during recent weeks? Maybe it has just become more visible, particularly at the Sarah Palin rallies. And maybe because McCain/Palin are trailing they are less likely to try to temper the more rabid supporters. But I have a sense that Wall St isn't going to be the only place where fires need to be put out in the three+ weeks that remain until the election.

SkinBasket
10-10-2008, 03:35 PM
Does anybody else have the sense that the Right in this country is growing increasingly hysterical during recent weeks?

No. I think you see what you want to see, but calling unease on all sides about the economy, savings, retirement, and the natural ramping up of rhetoric going into the final weeks of the election "hysteria" is a stretch.

HowardRoark
10-10-2008, 03:50 PM
For those of you unfamiliar, this is from something known as the Declaration Of Independece......a document at the beginning of our country, the Great Experiment.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. — Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

hoosier
10-10-2008, 03:53 PM
Does anybody else have the sense that the Right in this country is growing increasingly hysterical during recent weeks?

No. I think you see what you want to see, but calling unease on all sides about the economy, savings, retirement, and the natural ramping up of rhetoric going into the final weeks of the election "hysteria" is a stretch.

No, I'm not talking about the unease over the economic crisis, nor do I think it's just intensification of rhetoric as the presidential race comes to a close. I'm talking about the tone of the far right when it talks about the elections. "Traitor," "Kill him!," "Off with his head!," telling a black cameraman to "Sit down, boy." You might argue that these were voiced by extremists and that they don't represent the majority of Palin's followers, and that there are extremists in every political movement, or at least those where the charisma of the leader plays an important role (both Palin and Obama meet this criteria). Perhaps. But I certainly didn't hear this coming from her supporters a few weeks ago, and I can't remember any prior presidential election where a major party candidate was associated with that kind of "rhetoric." Not only that, but Palin and McCain appear to be unwilling or unable to point out to their supporters why this kind of tone is only self-defeating. That may be the most disconcerting aspect of the whole thing. When someone at a Kerry rally in 2004 voiced inappropriate or offensive language about Bush, Kerry would call them out on it. Is Palin scared to do so or is she encouraging this kind of behavior?

arcilite
10-10-2008, 04:06 PM
guess i gotta vote Obama now to cancel out people's votes here.

mraynrand
10-10-2008, 04:37 PM
I voted again this afternoon and I didn't notice any irregularities at the voting place.

MJZiggy
10-10-2008, 06:21 PM

Perhaps not quite as elastic....
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/09/AR2008100903169.html?nav=hcmodule

Kiwon
10-10-2008, 08:04 PM

Hysteria would be the Dems recount efforts to count hanging and pregnant chads in Florida in 2000.

As for the "supposed" comments at a rally, one of the last cards to be played by Obama and the media is the race card. But I'm sure the Obama campaign would never send in plants to create a story, now would they?

Hmmmm.....I wonder how many dollar bills and cigs it took for THE LEADER OF THE SENATE, Harry Reid, to declare that discussing corruption at Fannie Mae is racist because Franklin Raines is black and Obama is black.

In Obama, Harry Reid and hoosier's world only Caucasians can be racists.

Kiwon
10-10-2008, 08:12 PM
When someone at a Kerry rally in 2004 voiced inappropriate or offensive language about Bush, Kerry would call them out on it. Is Palin scared to do so or is she encouraging this kind of behavior?

Ah, hoosier, check Obama's ipod....

Slap by Ludacris

[Chorus - 2X]

I know it's strange
But my brain's gone really insane
And I'm off the chain
Sipping on a fifth of the Golden Grain
I feel like slappin somebody today (slap slap)
Slappin a nigga today
I feel like slappin a nigga today (slap slap)
Slappin somebody today
Slappin somebody today

.................................................. ...................

Move over, Shakespeare

hoosier
10-10-2008, 08:24 PM
When someone at a Kerry rally in 2004 voiced inappropriate or offensive language about Bush, Kerry would call them out on it. Is Palin scared to do so or is she encouraging this kind of behavior?

Ah, hoosier, check Obama's ipod....

Slap by Ludacris

[Chorus - 2X]

I know it's strange
But my brain's gone really insane
And I'm off the chain
Sipping on a fifth of the Golden Grain
I feel like slappin somebody today (slap slap)
Slappin a nigga today
I feel like slappin a nigga today (slap slap)
Slappin somebody today
Slappin somebody today

.................................................. ...................

Move over, Shakespeare

You got me, Kiwon, I have absolutely NO IDEA what you are alluding to here. What on earth does a rap lyric by Ludacris have to do with Obama? And what does any of this have to do with supporters yelling offensive remarks (racist or otherwise) about the opponent?

Every time someone accuses the Right of doing something illegitimate you seem to have this compulsion to throw it back in their face. As if offensive lyrics in a rap song justified or created a cosmic balance with what Palin's supporters have been documented as saying. And then there's the distinction between a black person calling another black "nigga" (appropriating a racist term to claim ownership over it) and a white person calling a black camera man "boy." You seem to be remarkably tone deaf, Kiwon.

Kiwon
10-10-2008, 09:19 PM
hoosier=
http://milkfactory.typepad.com/milkfactory/see_no_evil-thumb.jpg

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/07/30/ludacris-releases-song-attacking-clinton-mccain/

Ludacris Releases Song Attacking Hillary Clinton

Ludacris, rapper and avid supporter of Barack Obama (Obama once claimed to have Ludacris in heavy rotation on his iPod) has released a new song called 'Politics: Obama Is Here' in which he attacks Hillary Clinton as an 'irrelevant bitch'.

Lyrics:

I'm back on it like I just signed my record deal
yeah the best is here, the Bentley Coup paint is dripping wet, it got sex appeal
never should have hated
you never should've doubted him
with a slot in the president's iPod Obama shattered 'em
Said I handled his biz and I'm one of his favorite rappers
Well give Luda a special pardon if I'm ever in the slammer
Better yet put him in office, make me your vice president
Hillary hated on you, so that bitch is irrelevant
Jesse talking slick and apologizing for what?
if you said it then you meant it how you want it have a gut!
and all you other politicians trying to hate on my man,
watch us win a majority vote in every state on my man
you can't stop what's bout to happen, we bout to make history
the first black president is destined and it's meant to be
the threats ain't fazing us, the nooses or the jokes
so get off your ass, black people, it's time to get out and vote!
paint the White House black and I'm sure that's got 'em terrified
McCain don't belong in ANY chair unless he's paralyzed Yeah I said it cause Bush is mentally handicapped
Ball up all of his speeches and I throw em like candy wrap
cause what you talking I hear nothing even relevant
and you the worst of all 43 presidents
get out and vote or the end will be near
the world is ready for change because Obama is here!
cause Obama is here
The world is ready for change because Obama is here!
.................................................. ..........................

Obama himself never condemned Ludacris, his campaign spokesman (white guy) did.

Mr. fightthesmears.com Obama won't take on the hip-hop crowd and risk alienating his base. The moral outrage door only opens in one direction. Coward.

Kiwon
10-10-2008, 09:27 PM
And then there's the distinction between a black person calling another black "nigga" (appropriating a racist term to claim ownership over it) and a white person calling a black camera man "boy."

Moral relativism 101.

Oh, geez, thanks. Liberals are so screwed up.

hoosier, stay in the library, please. Don't venture into the real world. :roll:

MJZiggy
10-11-2008, 10:25 AM
McCain would never do anything like what you've described...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/10/AR2008101002456.html?nav=hcmodule

Scott Campbell
10-11-2008, 10:30 AM
I actually saw McCain defend Obama last night. That was an interesting exchange.

MJZiggy
10-11-2008, 10:40 AM
Didn't he get booed for it?

mraynrand
10-11-2008, 11:27 AM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/10/AR2008101002456.html?nav=hcmodule

"Twice last week alone, speakers at McCain-Palin rallies have referred to Sen. Barack Obama, with unveiled scorn, as Barack Hussein Obama."

That's really uncalled for. How dare they speak his middle name. They should be using his appropriate name: "The Messiah"
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/?pageId=77539

Good thing the Washington Post straight news division has people trained in detecting unveiled scorn, or McCain and Palin would get away with this outrage.

Scott Campbell
10-11-2008, 01:25 PM

"Twice last week alone, speakers at McCain-Palin rallies have referred to Sen. Barack Obama, with unveiled scorn, as Barack Hussein Obama."

That's really uncalled for. How dare they speak his middle name. They should be using his appropriate name: "The Messiah"

Good thing the Washington Post straight news division has people trained in detecting unveiled scorn, or McCain and Palin would get away with this outrage.

He should do what anyone else would do with an unfortunate name - legally change it to Ocho Cinco.

mraynrand
10-11-2008, 02:25 PM

He should do what anyone else would do with an unfortunate name - legally change it to Ocho Cinco.

How about 'He Hate Me'