PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday to the man!

LEWCWA
10-10-2008, 04:06 AM
Brett 39 today!

sepporepi
10-10-2008, 07:34 AM
I thaught you ment TT or at least MM :lol:

BF4MVP
10-10-2008, 09:22 AM
Better save the "Happy Birthday to the Man" thread for December 2nd :wink:

oregonpackfan
10-10-2008, 10:37 AM
Wasn't Jack Benny a perennial "39" years old? :)

mraynrand
10-10-2008, 10:43 AM
Wasn't Jack Benny a perennial "39" years old? :)

Jack Who? :D

Pugger
10-10-2008, 12:24 PM
Why December 2nd??? :?:

MadtownPacker
10-10-2008, 12:27 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Rodgers

Pacopete4
10-10-2008, 02:15 PM

Aaron who? :?:

mission
10-10-2008, 03:02 PM

You might actually be able to make a point once in awhile if you weren't so fucking ridiculous.

It's like listening to a KKK member talk politics...

Pacopete4
10-10-2008, 04:09 PM

You might actually be able to make a point once in awhile if you weren't so fucking ridiculous.

:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :jig: :jig: :jig:

CaliforniaCheez
10-10-2008, 05:53 PM

How does anyone know how the KKK and its members discusses politics??

How many members do you know? I have never met one.

Perhaps that's why it is called "the invisible empire."

Just because Brett comes from Mississippi I've heard a lot of people disrespect him, call him names, and accuse him of racism.
Even now a simple Happy Birthday Brett thread, on a Packer fan board, has to have a KKK reference.

Happy Birthday and best wishes Brett. I will always be grateful for your play. May you play another decade.

mission
10-10-2008, 06:03 PM

How does anyone know how the KKK and its members discusses politics??

How many members do you know? I have never met one.

Perhaps that's why it is called "the invisible empire."

Just because Brett comes from Mississippi I've heard a lot of people disrespect him, call him names, and accuse him of racism.
Even now a simple Happy Birthday Brett thread, on a Packer fan board, has to have a KKK reference.

Happy Birthday and best wishes Brett. I will always be grateful for your play. May you play another decade.

You missed my point entirely.

And I've met/known some KKK members for whatever the hell that's worth.

The point is: "when your views are soooo extreme, everything else you have to say is incredibly hard to hear with any amount of credibility." I was talking to Paco, hence me quoting HIS post.

Get it now, knucklehead?

I dont need to wish Brett a happy birthday on Packerrats... Who the hell cares? It's a birthday... that shit means nothing. To me, to most people and to Brett, I'm sure. And not just Brett's birthday ... all birthday's. I don't care. I'm sure he's upset we can't ALL wish him upset on his big special day.

lol... jesus

GBRulz
10-10-2008, 06:26 PM
It's also Dale Jr's birthday!

Also in honor of Brett's birthday, Eric Mangini and his wife just had their 3rd child this morning and give him Brett as his middle name. Mangini's other two kids also have middle names named in honor of Bill Belichick and Rodney Harrison.

cpk1994
10-11-2008, 12:21 AM

:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :jig: :jig: :jig:Very classy. What are you? 4 years old?

Mission, I agree with you here. But trolls don't usually make a point anyway.

Shouldn't this be in the Favre thread?

GrnBay007
10-11-2008, 12:33 AM

Why?
Did that suddenly become a "rule" here?

Guess I'm having a bit of a hard time with this "Favre thread" thing here. Back when Vick was killing dogs and Pacman and his posse were shooting and paralyzing innocent people, it was never NOT OK to have multiple threads on the subject. Sure the "neat and tidy" thread police liked to have them all posted together, but nobody ever really got their undies in a bunch when there were multiple threads. So now Favre is a "bad word" here. ??? Just don't get it. Sure it WAS a sensitive subject a couple months ago. Now it's time to let it go. Just like the media is constantly saying....Favre will always be a PACKER. Some Packer fans will continue to discuss Favre's career. Why does it make some people angry? I can understand people not wanting to compare the two. What I can't understand is why wishing him a happy birthday needs to be in a segregated thread. I loved watching Brett Favre as a Packer and I will continue to watch him until he retires for the last time. I will also cheer for Aaron Rodgers and the rest of the Packer team.

It's really only as hard as you wanna make it.

cpk1994
10-11-2008, 12:43 AM

Why?
Did that suddenly become a "rule" here?Supposedly that is what that thread was for. All Favre related matieral goes in there. That is the impression I have gotten which is why I asked.

gex
10-11-2008, 12:53 AM
Happy Birthday Brett!! 8-)

LEWCWA
10-11-2008, 01:07 AM
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :jig: :jig: :jig:[/quote]Very classy. What are you? 4 years old?

Shouldn't this be in the Favre thread?[/quote]

I was wondering how long it would take for some dipshit to want to put an innocent happy birthday away in the BF thread. My guess was 6, it took 13, but I did know it would be the totally classless assclown that said something.
You are a complete joke!

GrnBay007
10-11-2008, 01:31 AM
Also in honor of Brett's birthday, Eric Mangini and his wife just had their 3rd child this morning and give him Brett as his middle name. Mangini's other two kids also have middle names named in honor of Bill Belichick and Rodney Harrison.

A little more on the story....

Pretty cool!!!!

Update, 1:53 p.m. — Mangini just began his news conference today and broke the news not only about Zack's birth but about his interesting middle name. In response to a question from Jane McManus of the Journal News, Mangini revealed:

"Zack's middle name is Brett. Zack Brett Mangini."

And yes, the name comes from the Jets' quarterback.

"The history behind that is that all my kids have middle names that are related to people who have been important to me in my football career," the coach said. "Jake's middle name is Harrison after Rodney Harrison. I really like the name Harrison, and Rodney had a really good year that year."

Luke arrived, Mangini said, "in our transition from the Patriots to the Jets, so Luke's middle name is William, after Bill [Belichick]."

As for Brett Favre, Mangini said, "I really believed Brett would be an instrumental part to another good year, part of my football life, and I would commit to Zack Brett Mangini at that point. That was part of our terms and we stuck with it."

But one thing Mangini didn't commit to was for his third son to be born on Oct. 10, 2008 — which just happens to be Brett Favre's 39th birthday.

"We couldn't have planned that if we wanted to," the coach said. "It's pretty cool that this happened to be on his birthday. I'm not inherently superstitious, but I like the way it fell."

Update, 5:30 p.m. — Favre was asked late in the day about the developments surrounding Zack Brett Mangini and he was obviously amused and honored.

The odds of the child being born the same day as my birthday — I don’t know what the odds are," Favre said. "Eric told me that today was the day and I asked, 'Well, is he still going to be Brett?' He said, 'Yeah, Zack Brett.' I thought it was pretty cool. First off all the odds, in some respects, are a lot like me. What were the odds of me ever coming to the Jets? It is a pretty cool thing."

cpk1994
10-11-2008, 01:39 AM
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :jig: :jig: :jig:Very classy. What are you? 4 years old?

Shouldn't this be in the Favre thread?[/quote]

I was wondering how long it would take for some dipshit to want to put an innocent happy birthday away in the BF thread. My guess was 6, it took 13, but I did know it would be the totally classless assclown that said something.
You are a complete joke![/quote]I never said it should be put there. I asked "Shouldn't this be in the Favre thread?" becuase I was under the impression from previous discussions thats where this info was to go. Who is the dipshit now?

mission
10-11-2008, 02:36 AM
Rodney (Harrison), Bill (Bellicheck) and Brett (Favre) ...

I'm seeing a trend ...

Pacopete4
10-11-2008, 07:27 AM

You are a complete joke![/quote]I never said it should be put there. I asked "Shouldn't this be in the Favre thread?" becuase I was under the impression from previous discussions thats where this info was to go. Who is the dipshit now?[/quote] if u dont wanna wish him a happy bday dont click the link.. ''its so easy a troll can do it'' :)

MJZiggy
10-11-2008, 07:55 AM

Why?
Did that suddenly become a "rule" here?

Guess I'm having a bit of a hard time with this "Favre thread" thing here. Back when Vick was killing dogs and Pacman and his posse were shooting and paralyzing innocent people, it was never NOT OK to have multiple threads on the subject. Sure the "neat and tidy" thread police liked to have them all posted together, but nobody ever really got their undies in a bunch when there were multiple threads. So now Favre is a "bad word" here. ??? Just don't get it. Sure it WAS a sensitive subject a couple months ago. Now it's time to let it go. Just like the media is constantly saying....Favre will always be a PACKER. Some Packer fans will continue to discuss Favre's career. Why does it make some people angry? I can understand people not wanting to compare the two. What I can't understand is why wishing him a happy birthday needs to be in a segregated thread. I loved watching Brett Favre as a Packer and I will continue to watch him until he retires for the last time. I will also cheer for Aaron Rodgers and the rest of the Packer team.

It's really only as hard as you wanna make it.

QFT, but the problem I see is that there are some who still want to make it hard. For heavens sakes people, get over it. What's done is done and congrats to the Manginis on a healthy little boy. A little weird to put naming your kid into a player contract, but whatever floats your boat.

cpk1994
10-11-2008, 07:58 AM

You are a complete joke!I never said it should be put there. I asked "Shouldn't this be in the Favre thread?" becuase I was under the impression from previous discussions thats where this info was to go. Who is the dipshit now?[/quote] if u dont wanna wish him a happy bday dont click the link.. ''its so easy a troll can do it'' :)[/quote]

I will wish the man a happy birthday when it is Aaron Rodgers' birthday as he is "The Man" around these parts now.

Pacopete4
10-11-2008, 08:36 AM

You are a complete joke!I never said it should be put there. I asked "Shouldn't this be in the Favre thread?" becuase I was under the impression from previous discussions thats where this info was to go. Who is the dipshit now? if u dont wanna wish him a happy bday dont click the link.. ''its so easy a troll can do it'' :)[/quote]

I will wish the man a happy birthday when it is Aaron Rodgers' birthday as he is "The Man" around these parts now.[/quote] my god man u r an assclown.. i usually atleast respect ur opinion but wow..

cpk1994
10-11-2008, 08:39 AM

You are a complete joke!I never said it should be put there. I asked "Shouldn't this be in the Favre thread?" becuase I was under the impression from previous discussions thats where this info was to go. Who is the dipshit now? if u dont wanna wish him a happy bday dont click the link.. ''its so easy a troll can do it'' :)

I will wish the man a happy birthday when it is Aaron Rodgers' birthday as he is "The Man" around these parts now.[/quote] my god man u r an assclown.. i usually atleast respect ur opinion but wow..[/quote]Well you don't have an opinion worth respecting.

MOBB DEEP
10-12-2008, 07:58 AM

A little more on the story....

Pretty cool!!!!

Update, 1:53 p.m. — Mangini just began his news conference today and broke the news not only about Zack's birth but about his interesting middle name. In response to a question from Jane McManus of the Journal News, Mangini revealed:

"Zack's middle name is Brett. Zack Brett Mangini."

And yes, the name comes from the Jets' quarterback.

"The history behind that is that all my kids have middle names that are related to people who have been important to me in my football career," the coach said. "Jake's middle name is Harrison after Rodney Harrison. I really like the name Harrison, and Rodney had a really good year that year."

Luke arrived, Mangini said, "in our transition from the Patriots to the Jets, so Luke's middle name is William, after Bill [Belichick]."

As for Brett Favre, Mangini said, "I really believed Brett would be an instrumental part to another good year, part of my football life, and I would commit to Zack Brett Mangini at that point. That was part of our terms and we stuck with it."

But one thing Mangini didn't commit to was for his third son to be born on Oct. 10, 2008 — which just happens to be Brett Favre's 39th birthday.

"We couldn't have planned that if we wanted to," the coach said. "It's pretty cool that this happened to be on his birthday. I'm not inherently superstitious, but I like the way it fell."

Update, 5:30 p.m. — Favre was asked late in the day about the developments surrounding Zack Brett Mangini and he was obviously amused and honored.

The odds of the child being born the same day as my birthday — I don’t know what the odds are," Favre said. "Eric told me that today was the day and I asked, 'Well, is he still going to be Brett?' He said, 'Yeah, Zack Brett.' I thought it was pretty cool. First off all the odds, in some respects, are a lot like me. What were the odds of me ever coming to the Jets? It is a pretty cool thing."

AWESOME..........

Scott Campbell
10-12-2008, 08:06 AM
Yeah, sounds cute. But who in here is willing to name their kid after Madtown?

falco
10-12-2008, 08:08 AM

i'm strongly considering naming my first born harlan huckleby

Scott Campbell
10-12-2008, 08:09 AM

.....if it's a girl.

falco
10-12-2008, 08:10 AM

.....if it's a girl.

:lol:

Scott Campbell
10-12-2008, 08:12 AM
I'm just kiddin.......

MOBB DEEP
10-12-2008, 09:40 AM
I'm just kiddin.......

y?