PDA

View Full Version : Where do the Packers need the most help??

RashanGary
06-24-2006, 01:31 PM
I'm going to vote WR's. Driver is a legit NFL starter but he's not a star IMO. He does deserve to be the #1 but he needs another good player to compliment him for the offense to be really effective. I do think Jennings will be the best rookie WR this year because of his polish, skills, team need and mental approach. Being the best of a weak rookie class usually isn't saying much. He looks NFL ready at 5'11", 200 lbs but you never really know until a few weeks into the season.

I watched 4 or 5 OTA's and for Ferg, Gardner and Boerigter being in their NFL prime, they all looked below average at best. Jennings and Driver are the only good players in the bunch and the rest are complete stumble bums. Rodgers is incredibly explosive and other than Jennings and Driver, I'd rather see him with the ball because of his elusive, explosive nature but he can't catch the damn ball and it's going to be a struggle for him to even make the team unless he starts holding on to a few punts.

In short, it's a crappy unit and if Driver goes down, it is even worse than last year. The only real hope is for someone to step forward other than Driver. Jennings looks like the only guy with that ability and he is a Rookie. We all know how rookies have fared in this offense. Fortunately, McCarthy has simplified the offense and the rooks are on the same page with the vets. We'll see, but my money is on Jennings as the #2 by seasons end. I heard Favre say at one point that Jennings had a better idea of where to be than Favre himself. It gives some hope anyway but it's not good.

I follow WR's up with RB's because of injury concern and OL because they are so young.

HarveyWallbangers
06-24-2006, 01:34 PM
Until Colledge, Wells, Spitz, and/or Coston prove themselves, I'm going to say the OL. Their wideouts aren't great, but if they stay healthy, they should be serviceable. I can't say that about the OL until some young guys step up.

RashanGary
06-24-2006, 01:38 PM
Spitz and Colledge are pretty damn high picks for OG's. I would be surprised if they sucked. Denver and ATL have all 7th round stumble bums and we invested high picks. I think they'll be OK. If not, Thompson needs a kick in the nuts because most zone teams get by with late round guys and he invested a big part of our early draft on those guys. As far as OTA's have gone, neither have disappointed like the WR's.

HarveyWallbangers
06-24-2006, 01:44 PM
Worst case scenario, we have a guy that should be a 3rd receiver as a starter and a guy that should be a 4th receiver as the 3rd receiver. I know we are deeper at WR than last year (after Walker got injured) with the additions of Gardner, Jennings (he was a pretty high pick also), and Boerigter. I think we can get by. It won't be steller, but it won't be brutal either.

Worst case scenario on the interior line, we totally suck like last year and there's no hope that we improve on offense. I don't care if somebody is a second round pick, you don't know what you are getting. They could be solid or they could completely suck. The interior OL has more upside than the WRs, but the WRs are a better bet not to completely suck.

Also, at wideout we need one of the four candidates to step up and be a solid starter. At interior OL we need three of the four candidates to step up and be solid starters.

Partial
06-24-2006, 01:56 PM
I am actually relatively worried about Colledge. He is switching positions and we are banking on his physical attributes to pull him through. I think Spitz is going to be good. He was on a lot of player's to watch lists prior to the draft. Same with Hodge!

RashanGary
06-24-2006, 01:56 PM
You give alot more credit to Boerigter, Ferg and Gardner than I do. I think those guys are barely a notch over Antonio Chatman.

Spitz and Colledge I think have the possibility to be really good NFL starters.

wist43
06-24-2006, 01:59 PM
The Packers are pretty much junk at both OL and WR.

They have plenty of young guys competing for starting jobs, but even in a best case scenario it's going to take them at least a couple of years till they're servicable starters.

WR is a position that requires playmakers... the Packers have none.

RashanGary
06-24-2006, 02:02 PM
The Packers are pretty much junk at both OL and WR.

They have plenty of young guys competing for starting jobs, but even in a best case scenario it's going to take them at least a couple of years till they're servicable starters.

WR is a position that requires playmakers... the Packers have none.

I agree with this. I think they both suck this year but the OL has alot more possibility to grow.

Willard
06-24-2006, 02:59 PM
My vote went to the WR corps. I like Driver; I think Jennings has a future; I have no idea if any of the others will appear the least bit threatening. This is a key IMO. If the Pack does not appear to have a legitimate vertical passing attack, then opposing defenses will be able to cheat and make life hell for our RBs and OL.

My vote (WR) assumes Green makes a complete recovery. It also assumes Davenport and/or Gado/Herron turn into legitimate NFL weapons. This may be presumptuous, but sometimes you just have to believe.

The Offensive Line could go either way, and it is scary. The Pack was wise in using high draft picks to infuse talent into this group, but I still am nervous thinking of the DTs this unit is going to see starting on Sept. 10. OMG, this could get ugly early! In the long run I think this OL will work, but there could easily be serious growing pains that may put Favre in serious peril.

MadtownPacker
06-24-2006, 03:00 PM
Just like any structure the O is only as good as its foundation. The Oline is that foundation. The jail breaks on Favre last season should answer all your questions. They made all the bad throws and INTs happen. Had Favre had some protection he would have found a receiver instead of chucking it away to the heavens.

woodbuck27
06-24-2006, 03:49 PM
The Offence must be anchored by a solid OL but we are going to float with what we already have or so it seems. TT isn't likely to bring in anyone that is unfamiliar with what we are doing, unless it's before TC and that option won't be available until the TC cuts.

So realistically we have #1 need at WR, and I believe before it's over this season at RB. The reports to date, back that up, that WR is a definite weakness for us.

OKC PackerFan
06-24-2006, 04:09 PM
I picked WR, Driver is the only constant reliable one there. OL is a ?, we don't know what we have in Colledge and Spitz. If remember right didn't Taucher and Cliffton start as rookies, maybe just Taucher, any ways they played well in their rookie season. RB is also a ?, hopefully Green can regain most of his old form back. If one of the other WR's don't step we will have to rely more on our TE's and Green catching the ball out of the back field.

Harlan Huckleby
06-24-2006, 06:55 PM
It's troubling that the 3 shakiest groups are all on offense: OL, WR, RB.

Funny thing is, this time last year, we were all saying "defense needs shoring up, but the offense will be terrific." Well, injuries were obviously a big part, but the D-line was surprisingly more effective than the O-line.

Which is to say.... never can tell.

chain_gang
06-24-2006, 08:57 PM
I'd have to say other. I think the D-line is the spot that worries me the most and is the key to whether the season is successful or not. DT's are young Pickett might turn out to be decent, but I'm more worried that his season last, was motivated to get a big payday in FA. Other years he didn't look like he produced much. That wait and see, hopefully he turns out to be a great pickup. The other DT spot is unsettled, and sounds like overall they use a steady rotation, which is fine, but shows it lacks any above average players. DE Kampman showed me a lot last year and I think he'll be as good this year, but KGB is a key. Without his pass rush ability, we'll be an average to poor Defense at best this year. I hope they bring in a run stuffer on running downs, and let KGB conserve some enegry for the passing downs. It still bothers me they neglected the pass rush all offseason(Yeah they resigned Kamp, but he needs help), and for a team that doesn't seem to blitz much to create pressure. I don't know who was out there to sign or draft that would make much of an impact, but it still seemed to be neglected. Our DB's could be all HOFer's, but without a pass rush would look at average at best.

Hopefully they all step it up on the dline this year, some our DB's can take advantage of some poor decisions by the opposing QB's.

As for picking another area I would have to say the Oline. Two rookie guards, and an unproven center against the likes of the Bears Defense with Tommie Harris and Tank Johnson, Shaun Rogers of Detroit, Kevin and Pat Williams of the Vikings, could prove to be disastrous.

All in all I guess everything is wait and see right now. Come on TC hurry up.

wist43
06-24-2006, 10:40 PM
I think most of us look at the DL as being steady but unspectacular... I think you're underestimating the DT's.

As a group Williams, Jenkins, Cole and Pickett are pretty solid. Williams is tough, has a little bit of interior pass rush to him, and gets down the line well; Cole has better movement skills than his squat build would indicate - it will be interesting to see if he can continue to develop; and, Jenkins is a very good situational pass rusher. None of those three is going to make the pro bowl, but in a rotation they are pretty effective.

This team is going nowhere this year, or probably for the next few years... so, for this season to be a success the young guys on both sides of the ball need to develop. For the team to move forward in terms of competitivness, they need the young guys on the OL and at WR to develop and prove they belong in the league.

RashanGary
06-24-2006, 11:52 PM
I think most of us look at the DL as being steady but unspectacular... I think you're underestimating the DT's.

As a group Williams, Jenkins, Cole and Pickett are pretty solid. Williams is tough, has a little bit of interior pass rush to him, and gets down the line well; Cole has better movement skills than his squat build would indicate - it will be interesting to see if he can continue to develop; and, Jenkins is a very good situational pass rusher. None of those three is going to make the pro bowl, but in a rotation they are pretty effective.

This team is going nowhere this year, or probably for the next few years... so, for this season to be a success the young guys on both sides of the ball need to develop. For the team to move forward in terms of competitivness, they need the young guys on the OL and at WR to develop and prove they belong in the league.

I think they could be 8-8 and that is going somewere if 4-12 was your starting point.

wist43
06-25-2006, 10:05 AM
I don't think they'll go 8-8, but it's certainly not out of the question. 5-11 to 7-9 is more realistic.

As we get closer to training camp I'm more concerned about McCarthy and the coaching staff than I am about the talent level. I have serious doubts about McCarthy.

The talent level is below average, and the focus of this thread points out a few of the deficient areas; but to me, McCarthy is the biggest question mark.

RashanGary
06-25-2006, 11:16 AM
I don't think they'll go 8-8, but it's certainly not out of the question. 5-11 to 7-9 is more realistic.

As we get closer to training camp I'm more concerned about McCarthy and the coaching staff than I am about the talent level. I have serious doubts about McCarthy.

The talent level is below average, and the focus of this thread points out a few of the deficient areas; but to me, McCarthy is the biggest question mark.

I'm sure not sold on him yet. I'm really iffy on the ZBS too.

woodbuck27
06-25-2006, 11:22 AM
" OL is a ?, we don't know what we have in Colledge and Spitz. If remember right didn't Taucher and Cliffton start as rookies, maybe just Taucher, any ways they played well in their rookie season." OKC packerfan

LT Chad Clifton was a rookie in 2000, and in his first three season's started a total of 32 games (dressed for 37 games - but recall the Warren Sapp cut back block on him in 2002, when he was dressed for 10 games). After that, Clifton started all 48 games over the last three season's, but Clifton had a sub par year last season. Possibly due to so many assignment changes at the Left guard spot and him feeling he had to do too much.

RT Mark Tauscher was also a Rookie in 2000 and dressed for all 16 games and started 14. In 2001 he started all 16 games and only started 2 games in 2002 due to an injury.Tauscher started all 48 games the past three seasons.He was solid at RT for us last season.

After these two Packers we are in trouble, unless the coaching develops OUR inexperienced players rapidly? That won't in all likeihood happen this season. I believe we will see alot of Brett Favre scrambling to his right again this season.

Brett Favre needs to get in great shape between now and the start of the season and that is the plan according to reports. He will have to deal with alot of OL breakdowns.

Patler
06-25-2006, 12:41 PM
Tauscher took over for Earl Dotson, when Dotson was lost for the season with an injury in the second game of the 2000 season. Clifton took over as the starter from Wahle that same season, when Wahle bombed as a left tackle and was relegated back to the bench after the 6th game.

Tauscher and Clifton were phenominal as rookies, playing arguably the more difficult positions on the line. If Colledge and Spitz or Coston can do anywhere near as well, the Packers will be OK in the O-line.

Fosco33
06-25-2006, 12:46 PM
This is a tough call. I think we can patch together a decent line with the right coaching.

I said the WRs but it was a close second w/ RBs. We don't have a legitimate weapon for any of these scoring threats and these guys are getting injured far too often. While injuries are just part of the game, last year was ridiculous and from the minor dings in OTA I feel another year of folks pulling up lame.

I feel very good about our D and will expect many low scoring affairs. We'll have to trust that Favre will rebound, Green can stay competitive, Franks stays healthy, Driver gives another good year and Jennings puts up some numbers - then we'll squeak in at 9-7.

woodbuck27
06-25-2006, 06:10 PM
Ferguson says new 'offense is heaven-sent'
Receiver hopes to catch success

By RICK BRAUN
Packer Plus writer

Posted: June 15, 2006

Green Bay - Five years ago the Green Bay Packers invested a second-round pick in wide receiver Robert Ferguson.

More than at any other time in Ferguson's career, the Packers need that investment to finally pay off.

With Javon Walker traded, Terrence Murphy released because of a neck condition and Donald Driver as the only other holdover from the receiving corps the Packers started 2005 with, Ferguson figures to have plenty of opportunity in 2006.

"I had a real candid talk with him when I first got here," said new offensive coordinator Jeff Jagodzinski, "and I said, 'Things are going to be different. You just need to stay healthy and we'll get you the football.' "

Staying healthy hasn't been the easiest thing for Ferguson of late.

After a wasted rookie season in which Ferguson simply never caught on to the Packer offense, he showed some flashes in his second season and was near having a breakthrough season in 2003. He won a starting job and finished the season with 38 catches for 520 yards and four touchdowns.

Then he caught touchdown passes of 40 yards and 17 yards to give the Packers a 14-0 lead in a playoff game at Philadelphia. At that point, Ferguson was enjoying the present and anticipating nothing but a bright future.

Of course, that playoff game turned into the fourth-and-26th debacle.

Still, the future seemed bright for Ferguson. In the off-season before the 2004 season he signed a four-year contract extension.

Continued improvement in 2004 would have solidified Ferguson's career and the idea of steady improvement over a few more seasons could have meant maybe even star status.

Instead, the stars aligned against Ferguson.

The first star was Javon Walker. In 2004, it was Walker having the breakthrough season. With Walker beating out Ferguson for a starting job and Donald Driver also having a big season, there weren't too many balls left for Ferguson.

The second star was Jacksonville Jaguars safety Donovin Darius. In the Packers' 14th game, Darius clotheslined Ferguson on a deep route down the middle, knocking Ferguson out for the rest of that game, the final two regular-season games and the playoff loss against Minnesota.

Instead of breaking through as a major contributor in 2004, Ferguson finished with just 24 catches for 367 yards, just one touchdown and a major ache in the head and neck.

And 2005 didn't get much better.

Opportunity knocked for Ferguson when Walker held out of all the off-season activities. Opportunity then tried to completely cave in the door when Walker suffered a season-ending knee injury in the season opener.

Ferguson never answered.

He had just one catch for 4 yards in the opener, then was thought to be responsible for a couple of interceptions in losses to Cleveland and Tampa Bay where he was outfought for the ball. Talk of those two plays overshadowed the fact that he caught a touchdown pass in each of those games.

A week later, quarterback Brett Favre delivered a perfect slant pass right into Ferguson's hands. And Carolina cornerback Ken Lucas took it right out of Ferguson's hands for another interception.

Ferguson started to come on, reeling in a 51-yard catch against New Orleans in the Packers' first victory. Two weeks later, he pulled in a 44-yarder going deep and across the field against the Minnesota Vikings.

Problem is, he came down wrong on his right leg and suffered a torn posterior cruciate ligament in his knee.

The rest of the season was pretty much a futile battle to get healthy and productive again.

Ferguson missed four games and didn't have more than 37 receiving yards in the five games he played.

Now, with two minicamps and half the team's organized team activities behind him, Ferguson is looking for more and better things.

First off, he's hoping to stay healthy.

"That's not something you can control," he said. "Injuries are going to happen. That's part of the game. Especially my injuries. Getting clotheslined, there's not anything you can do in the off-season to prepare for that. And the knee, coming down like that, there's nothing you can do to prepare for that. So if it happens, it happens. I'm not going to say it's not going to happen. I just hope it doesn't."

If Ferguson can stay on the field, he believes he's going to thrive in the new version of the West Coast offense of new coach Mike McCarthy.

"I think the opportunity is more so this year than it was last year being with new coaches and a new offense," Ferguson said. "I think our offense caters to my abilities and my talents. I've shown that throughout the opportunity sessions and the minicamps more than ever. So I think it's more the offense than Javon being gone."

When McCarthy got to Green Bay, one of the first things he talked about was the desire for bigger, more-physical receivers to go across the middle. Those words were put into action when the Packers didn't even make an offer to try to retain Antonio Chatman, their second-leading receiver last season.

But the Packers are looking for a big season out of Ferguson.

"Like I said, I think this offense is heaven-sent for me," Ferguson said. "I love it. I look forward to going out there and showing my talent in this offense. It's the type of things I do."

And those are the types of things McCarthy wants.

"He's a very physical football player," McCarthy said. "I think he's done an excellent job in the weight-training area. I think he's playing with strength and confidence and I think he's ready to take the next step up. Just a lot of positive things throughout the spring from Robert."

From the June 15, 2006 editions of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

OKC PackerFan
06-25-2006, 08:05 PM
I really do hope Ferguson can back up those words this year.

PackerPro42
06-25-2006, 08:18 PM
I'm going to go with o-line. Name one star on the packers o-line, and don't say Clifton.

Harlan Huckleby
06-25-2006, 09:14 PM
it's gotta be WR. The O-line looks like they have a chance to be decent, and this could even be the first year of another good run. Hard to say.

The WR's looks like they lack talent.

Bossman641
06-25-2006, 09:27 PM
Ferguson needs to just shutup and produce. How many years now has he been saying that all he needed was the opportunity and he would prove what he's capable of?

Shut your mouth, catch the ball, and score some TD's. Then, maybe, you will have something to talk about.

Partial
06-25-2006, 09:29 PM
Can I throw a changeup and say DEs. They need to find a pass rush somewhere.

woodbuck27
06-25-2006, 10:48 PM
I'm going to go with o-line. Name one star on the packers o-line, and don't say Clifton.

Mark Tauscher had a solid season last year.

the_idle_threat
06-26-2006, 07:28 AM
I voted Running Back, because every single one on the roster comes with baggage. We have one or more dependable players at each of the other positions listed, plus at least one promising rookie.

In the backfield, there are no rookies who stood out in the OTAs, and Noah Herrion was our best veteran. Scary! Gado is having trouble with the zone scheme, as he did in college. Ahman is said to look good, but he's coming off an injury that has been career ending for many others. Davenpoop is an injury waiting to happen, just like every other year. Herrion is one of the guys Ron Wolf was calling NFLE talent. Of course, Will Henderson is a decent blocking back who can catch the ball, but he's never been a runner. Leach is not runner either, and can't even catch.

I sure hope one or more of these guys steps up ... otherwise, we'll need to troll the wire.

MJZiggy
06-26-2006, 06:04 PM
It's a good thing "trolling the wire" is one of TT's favorite offseason hobbies. Too bad there's not much there to fish for.

PackerPro42
06-26-2006, 06:11 PM
It's between WR and O-line. If we would have drafted Jackson than it definatley would be O-line but I think it's a combination now.

The Leaper
06-26-2006, 09:32 PM
I think our weakest link right now is the RB position...without question. We don't have one guy lining up behind Favre right now who doesn't have a MAJOR question mark about his ability to consistently deliver in 2006.

Green: coming off major surgery and injury that few have returned from with success.
Davenport: coming off minor surgery; never has been able to stay healthy.
Gado: very limited experience; previously struggled in zone blocking scheme.

All of these guys are going to have to change their approach in running as well from what has been taught in Green Bay in the past.

At least we have one solid performer or more at the other spots. Driver is a solid WR. Our OTs are very good, and we have young talent on the interior that will develop in time. DB is actually a position of pretty good depth right now.

PackerPro42
06-26-2006, 09:35 PM
Actually Partial has a point there. They don't really have a good pass rushing d-end. KGB is good but he overpursues EVERYTHING.

Partial
06-26-2006, 09:41 PM
Its not that their DE's are bad, they're just not great. DE and QB are the postions where if you have a great player that it can mask a lot of other sub par positions. Like the Packers for example are always a threat to win a game since they have a playmaker at QB. Same rule applies to DE. They can change an entire game plan when they get on a roll.

Harlan Huckleby
06-26-2006, 11:07 PM
It's a good thing "trolling the wire" is one of TT's favorite offseason hobbies. Too bad there's not much there to fish for.

Tank would have us believe that TT's trolling the bars. Whichever - everybody needs a hobby, as you suggest.

bigcoz75
06-28-2006, 01:34 PM
I went o-line only because it's such an unproven spot and needs to be improved over last year in order to create a running game. Next would be running back solely because the top 3 backs on the team are coming off injuries last season(assuming Gado isn't replaced by Herron as the OTAs started to show). WR isn't a big issue as long as you have a running game to worry opposing defenses.

the_idle_threat
06-28-2006, 02:09 PM
I think our weakest link right now is the RB position...without question. We don't have one guy lining up behind Favre right now who doesn't have a MAJOR question mark about his ability to consistently deliver in 2006.

Green: coming off major surgery and injury that few have returned from with success.
Davenport: coming off minor surgery; never has been able to stay healthy.
Gado: very limited experience; previously struggled in zone blocking scheme.

All of these guys are going to have to change their approach in running as well from what has been taught in Green Bay in the past.

At least we have one solid performer or more at the other spots. Driver is a solid WR. Our OTs are very good, and we have young talent on the interior that will develop in time. DB is actually a position of pretty good depth right now.

I agree completely ... :razz:

Zool
06-28-2006, 02:36 PM
Wouldnt a good O-line make the RB's and WR's look better? Give Favre time and he can make Bill Schroeder into a 1000 yard reciever.

CaptainKickass
06-28-2006, 02:49 PM
I also picked WR.

While there can be ?'s about all of our RB's ONE of them will at least pan out, and if the cards are played right we could have one of the best backfields in the league.

We're going to be better than last year on D and that should be the difference in the 6 or so games we lost last year by 6pts or less.

Good riddance to JW but it certainly leaves us weaker at WR. If the WC offense that MM installs is anything like the old Pack/Holmgren Seattle/Holmgren passing scheme we will see a lot more motion before the snap and crossing routes/slants. I agree that Ferg is more suited to that style than the Sherman vertical. Kind of like a Darrel Jackson/Bobby Engram combo with Driver/Ferg. If gardner and Boe can play like they've been in the league as long as they have - WR could turn into a strength with some divine intervention.

One thing nobody else has commented on in this post is the effect of the TE's with a traditional WC offense. Let's not forget about Bubba and Co.

:mrgreen:

The Leaper
06-28-2006, 03:21 PM
While there can be ?'s about all of our RB's ONE of them will at least pan out, and if the cards are played right we could have one of the best backfields in the league.

You can use the same logic at WR...Driver is a lock, and one of the other guys will "pan out". In fact, it makes MORE sense to say it of the WRs, because at least they will mostly be healthy and ready to learn and improve in training camp...while Green and Davenport aren't likely to be 100% at the start of camp and will spend much of camp just working their way back into shape. There are several rookies and several experienced vets who will battle it out at WR...what the hell is there at RB?? A hobbled Green? A hobbled Davenport? Granted, we know Gado is going to work his ass off...but that is hardly a guarantee that he is going to be able to carry the load if the other guys can't.

It is highly unlikely Green is still an impact RB. He may be able to return to being an effective starter, but he's not going to pile up 1600 yards anymore. He also has probably lost at least half a step in speed due to his age and injuries. Davenport has never been an impact player...he can be a solid ball possession RB when healthy, but rarely has made big plays happen on his own. He's also rarely been able to stay healthy. Honestly, IMO Davenport is the greatest chance for our running game this year...he needs to get back to 100% and stay healthy though, which has been impossible for him up to this point. Gado just doesn't have the talent or experience combination at this point to be a reliable starting back in the NFL, especially when you consider his struggles in this same zone blocking scheme while playing college ball. With the potential of starting 2 rookies on the interior OL, I don't want a green RB like Gado back there as the last line of defense protecting Favre.

And there is the whole Favre thing...he's made Bill Schroeder look like an All-Pro at times, so having elite talent at WR isn't as important with him in there. Behind a patchwork OL, having a strong RB is imperative...and I don't see one on the roster right now.

CaptainKickass
06-28-2006, 03:40 PM
It is highly unlikely Green is still an impact RB. He may be able to return to being an effective starter, but he's not going to pile up 1600 yards anymore. He also has probably lost at least half a step in speed due to his age and injuries. Davenport has never been an impact player...he can be a solid ball possession RB when healthy, but rarely has made big plays happen on his own.

Regarding Green - if anyone can make it back, it's him. My aunt was the dean of students at Nebraska and said he was the most physically gifted athlete to ever attend the school and had a workout ethic unlike any other. I will not assume he's lost anything until he proves me wrong.

Davenpizzle has the history of injury - true. But to say that he's"never been an impact player" is the quintessential understatement of the last 4 years. What games have you been watching? I recall him racking up well over 130 yds (160 maybe? against the Rams?) in admirable fill in duty for Green (he may have been injured in that game - i'm a bit foggy) plus the value of using him and/ or Herron/Gado as a FB for what will appear as a 2 or 3 RB set has me seriously pumped! How do you scheme a D for a backfield with 3 RB's?

Injuries aside, it's all about the appearance of a threat first then the delivery. I like the appearance of Green, Davenpizzle, and Gado. regardless of injury that is a backfield that offensive coordinators drool over like a 12 yr old boy with his first Playboy.

What other team has a backfield with that kind of 3 headed monster? No one in our division.

The Leaper
06-28-2006, 03:55 PM
How do you scheme a D for a backfield with 3 RB's?

When did we become a team that is running the wishbone?

CaptainKickass
06-28-2006, 04:05 PM
How do you scheme a D for a backfield with 3 RB's?

When did we become a team that is running the wishbone?

When I had a Turkey dinner with this ladyfriend of mine and a few friends a couple weeks ago. We got to break the wishbone. I wished for a 2 or 3 rb set this season and she wished for a diamond ring.

Needsless to say - I won.

:mrgreen: :D

Partial
06-28-2006, 04:08 PM
I agree, I am not too worried about the backfield. I probably should be, but I cannot get the image out of my head of Ahman getting back onto the field and being successful.

Those Dlinemen that had a similiar injury may have not been able to recover because of their size. I know Ahman has wanted to have this problem corrected since college, but hasn't had an opportunity to. Who knows, maybe he'll come back even better!

Even if they split carries between Green, Davenpoop and Gado, I think they'll have a successful running game. Hell, you can all rub this in my face if this is totally wrong, but I think the Packers will have a top 5 running attack in the league. I have a hunch they pound the ball in an attempt to minimize turnovers and wear down defenses.