PDA

View Full Version : Corey Williams goes Hollywood

KYPack
10-10-2008, 10:38 AM
Hollywood Henderson, that is. I never remember Corey Williams shooting his mouth off with GB. That's all changed since he's started playing with the Browns, it seems. He's running his mouth off in the NY papers about the Brownies upcioming game with the Giants on Monday night

Browns defensive tackle Corey Williams made the most inflammatory remarks, saying that if a defense can "come out and hit [Brandon Jacobs] in the mouth from the jump, he tends to slow down and do some tiptoeing." Williams also said of the Giants' offensive line: "There ain't nothing physical about them."

"I'm going to try to knock his head off," Williams said of Jacobs. "Once you go to putting that wood on him, go to really hitting him, not letting him run wild like he wants to do, he's a totally different running back. He'll start tiptoeing, shutting it down."

In the macho world of professional football, that's about as personal and damning as quotes get. So what was the Giants' response?

Hardly anything. A few shrugs. A few smiles. Jacobs, at the center of the insults, would say only that Williams' grammar needs work, presumably referring to his use of the word "ain't."

"Not too intelligent," Jacobs said while trying to figure out how he could be hit in the mouth while wearing a facemask and helmet.

Don't misunderstand. The Giants are fuming over the remarks. They'll just allow their actions Monday night to do their talking.

"We're just going to go out and play our game," guard Chris Snee said. "This is a team that stays away from talking. If someone thinks we're not physical, there's nothing we can do except go out there on Monday night and try to change that."

If any of you have seen Williams playing for the Browns this season, you'd wonder why he's saying anything, let alone this kind of shit. He's playing LDE in a 3-4 and looks like a big fish out of water wearing a Brown helmet. The Giants OLine is a preety capable group. I'm sure they'll have something for Corey Monday nite.

Patler
10-10-2008, 10:53 AM
I never remember Corey Williams shooting his mouth off with GB. That's all changed since he's started playing with the Browns, it seems. He's running his mouth off in the NY papers about the Brownies upcioming game with the Giants on Monday night

More proof that money DOES change people.

Too bad, I always kind of liked Williams. I thought he was a hardworking player who accepted the role given him in Green Bay, especially compared to Donnell Washington who was drafted three rounds earlier the same year. Williams bounced around two years between end and tackle, started, then didn't, then did several times. He seemed to like GB, and never really even complained a lot about not being re-signed prior to or during 2007.

After leaving, he said some silly things about the Packers; and now this silly remark. Not horrible, just not professional.

Scott Campbell
10-10-2008, 12:14 PM
Cleveland needs to stop tiptoeing through their won/loss record. 1-3 isn't very intimidating.

Pugger
10-10-2008, 12:22 PM
Good lord, what a tool! :roll: What is an invisible DT on a 1-3 team doing running off his mouth like that? The Brownies are gonna get spanked on MNF. Thanks for getting rid of that guy TT!! :)

MadtownPacker
10-10-2008, 12:32 PM
Damn, stupid move. Didnt Jacobs kill some LBer for trash talking last season?

KYPack
10-10-2008, 12:50 PM
That's what I was thinking. Jacobs is the last guy you wanna talk shit about. He's a big, mean SOB.

MadtownPacker
10-10-2008, 01:02 PM
That's what I was thinking. Jacobs is the last guy you wanna talk shit about. He's a big, mean SOB.Well who was it then since you know so damn much? I keep thinking Tampa Bay.

KYPack
10-10-2008, 01:09 PM
That's what I was thinking. Jacobs is the last guy you wanna talk shit about. He's a big, mean SOB.Well who was it then since you know so damn much? I keep thinking Tampa Bay.

Can't remember.

You always say I got oldtimers disease.

Well, it's true.

Williams also is a fool. Talking about the Giants OLine?

They are a pretty physical bunch, too.

mraynrand
10-10-2008, 01:13 PM
That's what I was thinking. Jacobs is the last guy you wanna talk shit about. He's a big, mean SOB.

He's a big mean SOB in a contract year. Williams already got his. Jacobs is gonna lay the lumber.

BTW, Romeo Crennel has increased in size to the point where he is starting to bend light. Team officials are saying that this may be one reason Crennel seems to be invisible this season.

BF4MVP
10-10-2008, 02:07 PM
What the hell does bulletin board material ever accomplish? I don't know why Williams feels the need to talk crap..Especially when the Giants are 5-0 and the Browns are 1-3..

DonHutson
10-10-2008, 02:27 PM

It's not Corey's problem. He'll never disengage with the OL quickly enough to lay a hand on Jacobs. The Browns' LB's and S's should be pissed, though. They're going to be the ones to answer for Corey's mouthing off.

Fritz
10-11-2008, 09:43 AM
Gosh, if only TT hadn't traded him...

Bretsky
10-11-2008, 09:44 AM
Trade or not, nobody has stepped forward to offer the pass rushing skills Corey Williams has.

Fritz
10-11-2008, 09:48 AM
How many sacks does he have this year? I don't even know.

Bretsky
10-11-2008, 09:54 AM
How many sacks does he have this year? I don't even know.

About one; but he has had some pressures. He only averaged 7 a year for us but that's way more than any other DT on our team. He was a good fit on this roster in retrospect.

I was all for a 2nd for him though. Never too excited about Brohm, but hard to blame TT for what he got for him.