PDA

View Full Version : BADGER AND PACKER CURSE

Bretsky
10-11-2008, 09:42 AM
Consider this

These two teams have been borderline dominant for quite some time now.

I wonder when the last time that the two teams both lost TWO weeks in a row.

I'm not sure which team I have more confidence in this weekend ????

Badgers are usually tough at home and I can't imagine them losing two in a row at Camp Randall.

Seattle is usually tough at home but they seem to be in complete chaos now

Thoughts ?

Who has the better chance to win this weekend ??

MJZiggy
10-11-2008, 09:47 AM
I think the Packers. The Hawks are as decimated by injury as we are.

Bretsky
10-11-2008, 09:49 AM
I think the Packers. The Hawks are as decimated by injury as we are.

I'm not sure.

Seahawks have run the ball pretty well; we need some non starters to play like starters.

pbmax
10-11-2008, 09:51 AM
Packers. Seattle is a mess and has already lost two at home. There is every chance the Nittany Lions are really good.

MJZiggy
10-11-2008, 09:52 AM
Are we getting anyone back from injury this week? I need to look at the injury reports later this afternoon as I think they will tell the story here. I think these two teams would be fairly well-matched healthy. But perhaps you're right and they are handling their injuries better than we are.

Partial
10-11-2008, 10:08 AM
I think the Badg will win because it is tough to come into the camp and win.

Scott Campbell
10-11-2008, 10:29 AM
Packers have a much better chance of winning. Penn State > Seattle.

Bretsky
10-11-2008, 10:35 AM

But Badgers may be > Packers in the scope of college versus the NFL

Gunakor
10-11-2008, 11:27 AM

I think the Badgers are gonna have problems, even at home. I think the Packers have the better chance this weekend as well.

Harlan Huckleby
10-11-2008, 12:26 PM
I think the Packers are going to kill the Badgers, they are so much bigger.

Partial
10-11-2008, 12:41 PM

Don't know about that. Both look on the high end of average.

pbmax
10-11-2008, 01:39 PM
I think the Packers are going to kill the Badgers, they are so much bigger.
Yes, but the Badgers have the lead in game systems acquired through alternative methods of acquisition. That takes SEC speed.

FavreChild
10-11-2008, 02:38 PM
The Seahawks freaking suck. I will be very embarrassed if we lose to them.

Fritz
10-11-2008, 08:33 PM
What's with the Badgers? Michigan sucks because they have no talent right now - but what happened to Bucky Badger?

cpk1994
10-11-2008, 11:04 PM
What's with the Badgers? Michigan sucks because they have no talent right now - but what happened to Bucky Badger?You can look directly at the mess known as the QB. Evridge is performing like ARod during his rookie preseason.

EDIT: I should note that Evridge happens to wear #4. Trarnishing the number I would say.

Partial
10-11-2008, 11:25 PM
What's with the Badgers? Michigan sucks because they have no talent right now - but what happened to Bucky Badger?You can look directly at the mess known as the QB. Evridge is performing like ARod during his rookie preseason.

EDIT: I should note that Evridge happens to wear #4. Trarnishing the number I would say.

It has WAY more to do than just everidge.

The play calling sucks. Beckham was regressed. The defense is terrible. They don't have any receivers, only tight ends. Shaunessy, Casillas and Levy are the only guys who seem to want it out there.

SnakeLH2006
10-11-2008, 11:31 PM
Great joke topic Bretsky. Packers all the way.

Bretsky
10-11-2008, 11:44 PM

The Curse of Molitor Still Haunts the Brewers

How many times have the Brewers made the World Series since they let him move on ?

B

Scott Campbell
10-11-2008, 11:51 PM

Penn State > Seattle.

SnakeLH2006
10-12-2008, 12:06 AM

The Curse of Molitor Still Haunts the Brewers

How many times have the Brewers made the World Series since they let him move on ?

B

I like Yount, but being a young'en back than I only remember Yount's final seasons as an average player...but good ole Molly was tearing the covers off the ball even in Toronto. Why the hell isn't he our coach? Is he still with the Twins organization? What gives. Molly as an independent in '08. I'd vote for him!

Bretsky
10-12-2008, 12:08 AM

Penn State > Seattle.

AND Green Bay > Badgers

SnakeLH2006
10-12-2008, 12:10 AM

Penn State > Seattle.

AND Green Bay > Badgers

Dude we'd kill the Badgers right now! :lol:

cpk1994
10-12-2008, 12:42 AM

The play calling sucks. Beckham was regressed. The defense is terrible. They don't have any receivers, only tight ends. Shaunessy, Casillas and Levy are the only guys who seem to want it out there.Beckham can't be regressing becuase that would require Bielema to let him play in the first place.

SnakeLH2006
10-12-2008, 12:59 AM

The play calling sucks. Beckham was regressed. The defense is terrible. They don't have any receivers, only tight ends. Shaunessy, Casillas and Levy are the only guys who seem to want it out there.Beckham can't be regressing becuase that would require Bielema to let him play in the first place.

How bout get an average Big Ten QB first? Can't throw to the TE if dude sux so much ass he can't even check his 1 or 2 read, eh? WTF happened to Everidge? I thought he was uniformly praised as this stud ass QB when he transferred from the Kansas area?

cpk1994
10-12-2008, 01:13 AM

How bout get an average Big Ten QB first? Can't throw to the TE if dude sux so much ass he can't even check his 1 or 2 read, eh? WTF happened to Everidge? I thought he was uniformly praised as this stud ass QB when he transferred from the Kansas area?Can't throw to Beckum if Bielema doens't put him in the game.

SnakeLH2006
10-12-2008, 01:30 AM

How bout get an average Big Ten QB first? Can't throw to the TE if dude sux so much ass he can't even check his 1 or 2 read, eh? WTF happened to Everidge? I thought he was uniformly praised as this stud ass QB when he transferred from the Kansas area?Can't throw to Beckum if Bielema doens't put him in the game.

Beckam played the whole game. What?

Scott Campbell
10-12-2008, 08:03 AM

Penn State > Seattle.

AND Green Bay > Badgers

I'm not so sure about that these past 3 weeks.

Bretsky
10-12-2008, 08:08 AM
IF GB falls on their faces again this week I may have to research the answer

Scott Campbell
10-12-2008, 08:15 AM
IF GB falls on their faces again this week I may have to research the answer

If that happens against this Seattle team, the wheels have truly fallen off.

cpk1994
10-12-2008, 10:09 AM

Beckam played the whole game. What?Then this was the first week. I guess Im still mad at Bielema for trying to hold Beckum out against Michigan, put him in in the 4th quyarter, caught the 2pt conversion that was called back by penalty and then is pulled for the most important play of the game.

packerbacker1234
10-12-2008, 10:20 AM
Consider this

These two teams have been borderline dominant for quite some time now.

I wonder when the last time that the two teams both lost TWO weeks in a row.

I'm not sure which team I have more confidence in this weekend ????

Badgers are usually tough at home and I can't imagine them losing two in a row at Camp Randall.

Seattle is usually tough at home but they seem to be in complete chaos now

Thoughts ?

Who has the better chance to win this weekend ??

Curse? The badgers haven't been "dominant", they've just been pretty good. So dominant, they have never made a National Championship appearance. At least the packers have been to a couple super bowls the last 15 years. The badgers best shot each season is really a meaningless rose bowl. SOrry, if your not competeing for the #1 trophy in the land, what is the real point?

College football does a horrible job at handling things. Sorry, but How do you know that say, Texas is truly vastly superior to anyone in the big ten? Do they play int he big ten? Do they play lal the top teams in the big ten? No, and that is true with ever team. How good is OSU? Who knows. You need a 64 team tournament if you want a true champion. The rest of this is just fodder. Teams do not play like enough opponents to let voting decide this. You need to let the teams of the field decide who is best, and a big tournament is the only way to accomplish this.

Anyways, back to back losing weekends for both teams is rare lately - but still I wouldn't say dominance is a term I would use. Maybe lots of winning both ways, but dominance would at least mean consistently competeing for the NC or Superbowl, which really isn't true in both cases, although the packers just did last season, and did twice in the 90's.