PDA

View Full Version : PACKERS ACTIVATE DESHAWN WYNN, LUMPKIN OUT FOR SEASON

Pacopete4
10-11-2008, 11:48 AM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/11/packers-activate-deshawn-wynn-lumpkin-out-for-season/

billy_oliver880
10-11-2008, 11:53 AM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/11/packers-activate-deshawn-wynn-lumpkin-out-for-season/

That is too bad. Hopefully the kid will get a chance next year.

mraynrand
10-11-2008, 11:59 AM
What's with all the hammy problems?

Lumpkin was a force, averaging 19 yards per carry and 7.3 yards per reception. That will leave a huge hole in the Packer offense.

sheepshead
10-11-2008, 12:08 PM
Didnt i just say that?

DonHutson
10-11-2008, 12:17 PM
My buddy DeShawn is back?

The surge in Midol stock alone should singlehandedly reverse the fortunes of my investment portfolio.

If only Vernand "Mama It Hurts" Morency could come back too. I'd be on easy street.

Harlan Huckleby
10-11-2008, 12:20 PM
they are hiding Lumpkin on IR, I doubt he is seriously hurt. DeShawn Wynn has more experience than Lumpkin, and is healthy now, so they decided to call him up from the farm team.

Partial
10-11-2008, 12:39 PM
I am not pleased with this. Unless he is really hurt badly, why ruin his year? He's our second best back. Possibly our best with Grant running so poorly lately (it was better this week).

Harlan Huckleby
10-11-2008, 12:43 PM
Lumpkin is not fast enough to be anything but a backup. Probably the same is true of Wynn.

There is a reason Lumpkin went undrafted, and Wynn was a 7th rounder.

A player can come off the bench with fresh legs, no scouting by the opponent, and break some 10 yard runs. Doesn't mean they could do it as a starter.

TheCheese
10-11-2008, 12:51 PM
Lumpkin is not fast enough to be anything but a backup. Probably the same is true of Wynn.

A player can come off the bench with fresh legs, no scouting by the opponent, and break some 10 yard runs. Doesn't mean they could do it as a starter.

And the reason Colston was drafted 7th?

Scott Campbell
10-11-2008, 01:06 PM

The difference between a 7th rounder and an undrafted free agent is thinner than an ass hair.

pbmax
10-11-2008, 01:34 PM
Lumpkin, according to NFL Draft Scout had 4.68 (avg), 4.56(best) and 4.76(worst) 40 times.

DeShawn Wynn had 4.47, 4.43 and 4.50.

That means DeShawn is at least 2 cm faster over forty yards.

My impression had been that Wynn has all the tools, but even more so than Grant and Lumpkin, could not stay healthy and carried a rep of not willing to play through injuries.

Scott Campbell
10-11-2008, 01:45 PM
I wonder if Wynn might push Grant for PT.

Tony Oday
10-11-2008, 02:11 PM
If Wynn had any work ethic in college he would have been a first day pick. He can be good if he can just get in shape!

Fritz
10-11-2008, 02:51 PM
My (harumph) unwavering faith in DeShawn Wynn is being rewarded?

It's time to resurrect the DeShhawn Wynn fan club, where everyone's a whiner. Er, Whynner.

Bretsky
10-11-2008, 05:11 PM
Well

Fergy is gone

Coston is gone

So I didn't have any underachieving injury prone wussbags to whine about

Here comes Wynn :lol:

gbgary
10-11-2008, 05:14 PM
they are hiding Lumpkin on IR,

i agree. i'll bet someone was trying to make a move on wynn so they did this to keep both.

The Gunshooter
10-11-2008, 06:52 PM
What's with all the hammy problems?

Lumpkin was a force, averaging 19 yards per carry and 7.3 yards per reception. That will leave a huge hole in the Packer offense.

Too much weight training with the legs and not enough steroids leads to sore hamstrings susceptible to injury.

Harlan Huckleby
10-11-2008, 06:53 PM

The difference between a 7th rounder and an undrafted free agent is thinner than an ass hair.

I wasn't comparing them. They are both unlikely to make it as starters. Of the two, Wynn has a little more wiggle and quickness, but Lumpkin has produced as well or better.

Backups sometimes have good stats because they don't have to carry on short yardage situations, or against 8-man fronts.

Fritz
10-11-2008, 08:32 PM
'Fess up, Blue Dog. You and me were founding members of the DeShawn Wynn Fan Club.

Bretsky
10-11-2008, 08:38 PM
'Fess up, Blue Dog. You and me were founding members of the DeShawn Wynn Fan Club.

Bring back the Beaver :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:...Justin Beaver, that is

Brando19
10-11-2008, 08:40 PM

:jig: YEAH!!!

Harlan Huckleby
10-11-2008, 09:11 PM
I think DeShawn Wynn has a chance in the NFL, he's got some juke, and he's got a thick body

People keep saying he has a bad attitude, but the coaches say differently in interviews, and TT has made several moves to keep him in the mix.

I like Wynn better than the other marginal backs that have hung around the packers the last couple years. Probably he will stink, but at least he looks like a possible NFL back.

SnakeLH2006
10-12-2008, 02:15 AM

I have no problem with Beaver...did pretty well last weekend yo. Just Wynn sux so much ass..That's the prob.

Fritz
10-12-2008, 10:56 AM
I wonder how many examples there are of NFL players whose careers began as injury-ridden or maybe not-tough-enough-to-play-through-pain, and ended up being good or even excellent players with long careers.

Patler
10-12-2008, 11:44 AM
I wonder how many examples there are of NFL players whose careers began as injury-ridden or maybe not-tough-enough-to-play-through-pain, and ended up being good or even excellent players with long careers.

The one that comes to mind with the Packers is Mike Flanagan. He was on IR in both 1996 and 1997, his first two seasons. The Packers tried to trade him to Carolina in 1998 but he failed the physical and Carolina sent him back. He was inactive for the Packers until toward the end of the season when he was active for a few games. Basically, he was hurt for 3 years, but all stemming from the same injury his rookie year.

DonHutson
10-12-2008, 09:41 PM

The one that comes to mind with the Packers is Mike Flanagan. He was on IR in both 1996 and 1997, his first two seasons. The Packers tried to trade him to Carolina in 1998 but he failed the physical and Carolina sent him back. He was inactive for the Packers until toward the end of the season when he was active for a few games. Basically, he was hurt for 3 years, but all stemming from the same injury his rookie year.

Injury riddled and being a wuss are two completely different things. Flanagan was unlucky. It happens.

Wynn was handed a starting job last year, and he handed it right back due to an ongoing case of the cramps. That's undisciplined and untough. I can't think of too many softies with long distinguished NFL careers.

Guiness
10-13-2008, 12:07 AM
I can't think of too many softies with long distinguished NFL careers.

Oh, come on. Bubba Smith was actually a real soft hearted guy. He played all those really nice guys in the movies. :lol: