PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL teams not named the Packers game day thread

Pages : 1 2 [3]

red
12-14-2008, 05:47 PM
oh, i suppose its a good thing they left him in lol

Rastak
12-14-2008, 05:54 PM
I'm with ya now.....to the bench with ya. 6 minutes and they need 3 scores.

Guiness
12-14-2008, 07:25 PM
wow - Vikes with 3 TD's in the first quarter, and to the locker room at the half up 28-0. Wow.

Winning begets winning - that would be my thinking with TJackson playing so well. He looks around, the team is clicking, things are going well - he can't help but play well. That's why I hate to see the Packers losing like they are right now, even if the playoffs are out of reach, and a higher draft pick is gotten that way. I'll take the win to drop a couple of draft spots any day.

denverYooper
12-14-2008, 10:00 PM
Wow. Cowboys are beating the shit out of Eli.

denverYooper
12-14-2008, 10:02 PM
Romo's taking his lumps, too. Safety, Jints.

denverYooper
12-14-2008, 10:30 PM
DeMarcus Ware is a damn beast. 7 T, 3 Sk, 2 FF.

Partial
12-14-2008, 10:55 PM
We need a 3-4 with the freaky tweener LBs. I like my OLBs to be freaks.

Fosco33
12-21-2008, 11:17 AM
Which are the best matchups today?

Falcons v Vikings
Steelers v Titans
Panthers v Giants
Jets v Seahawks (last Favre v Holmgren)

Rastak
12-21-2008, 11:21 AM
Which are the best matchups today?

Falcons v Vikings
Steelers v Titans
Panthers v Giants
Jets v Seahawks (last Favre v Holmgren)

Panthers - Giants #1
Steelers - Titans #2
Falcons - Vikings #3
Jets - Hawks #4

Rastak
12-21-2008, 12:18 PM
OK, heading out to the Vikes Atlanta game. Should be a great matchup. I'm taking the Vikes in a close one.

Lots of great games today, enjoy the football guys and gals.

digitaldean
12-21-2008, 01:53 PM
Man does Arizona look pathetic today. It's nice to see the games in the snow, but I hate it when one of the teams are the Patriots.

Miami sure having their hands full with KC.

Lions sure look like they're going to go for the OH-FER season with the Packers next week.

KYPack
12-21-2008, 02:48 PM
Ariz really is pathetic on the road.

Cleveland is back in the toilet. Getting destroyed by the Bengals in Cleve?

The fat man Romeo Crennel is so fired. Be sure to take that foolish GM with ya, Romeo.

Corey Williams played his best game of the season and still didn't do much. That boy had gained 25-30 pounds in the off-season. Our DLine sucked, but it would have been worse with Williams.

denverYooper
12-21-2008, 09:37 PM
Panthers-Giants game is pretty entertaining. Man, the Panthers look good.

Freak Out
12-21-2008, 09:41 PM

Williams is damn good. I don't know how good he would look behind our line but that guy is good.

digitaldean
12-21-2008, 09:44 PM
Ariz really is pathetic on the road.

Cleveland is back in the toilet. Getting destroyed by the Bengals in Cleve?

The fat man Romeo Crennel is so fired. Be sure to take that foolish GM with ya, Romeo.

Corey Williams played his best game of the season and still didn't do much. That boy had gained 25-30 pounds in the off-season. Our DLine sucked, but it would have been worse with Williams.

Yup, AZ getting 31 hung on them in the first half was an embarrassment. They definitely could be a one and done team come wild card weekend.

Agree about Corey Williams. Never got all the love he got from some here. He took plays off last year and was a non-factor when the D-line needed to be stout vs. the Giants.

Cleveland is bad, but how about the Jets and Denver? Both controlled their path to the playoffs and both have to win to get in (the Jets will need help to boot). The Teflon Don in Denver shouldn't survive if he had a 3 game lead with 3 weeks to go and ends up choking it off.

Falcons looked damn impressive. Liked the no-huddle offense and backed it up by jamming the ball down the Queens throat today. Queens were just god-awful in the turnover dept. today.

The Lions? I feel only a little sorry for them. Just hope we don't embarrass ourselves and lose to them next Sunday.

digitaldean
12-21-2008, 09:44 PM

Williams is damn good. I don't know how good he would look behind our line but that guy is good.

Giants are also tackling like crap (especially on Williams' last TD run)

denverYooper
12-21-2008, 09:48 PM

Yeah. His 4th TD run is what prompted me to write that.

denverYooper
12-21-2008, 09:54 PM
Cleveland is bad, but how about the Jets and Denver? Both controlled their path to the playoffs and both have to win to get in (the Jets will need help to boot). The Teflon Don in Denver shouldn't survive if he had a 3 game lead with 3 weeks to go and ends up choking it off.

That Denver game was a frustrating one. Their D is pretty good at tanking, too.

Fosco33
12-21-2008, 10:19 PM
How about the Panther's kicker stutter stepping on the GW regulation FG attempt (wide left)... ouch.
Lots at stake in HFA in OT.

RashanGary
12-21-2008, 10:38 PM
The Packers need to get the 320 lb Sitton in there next year and hopefully replace Clifton with a stronger run blocker. Watching this Giant team shows us how far we have to go iwth that Oline. Then there is the matter of the Dline. We have some work to do.

channtheman
12-21-2008, 11:25 PM
You know what's cool about the Giants. They tied the game late and the defense held and didn't let Carolina score in 2 seconds. They then won in OT. Amazing what happens when the defense doesn't give up multiple game losing scoring drives to the opposing team.

Partial
12-22-2008, 01:08 AM
You know what's cool about the Giants. They tied the game late and the defense held and didn't let Carolina score in 2 seconds. They then won in OT. Amazing what happens when the defense doesn't give up multiple game losing scoring drives to the opposing team.

Notice no one bitching about how awful the defense was despite giving up a ton of points.

Our defense gives up half of that over 60 minutes and it's there fault week in and week out.

Partial
12-22-2008, 01:09 AM
The Packers need to get the 320 lb Sitton in there next year and hopefully replace Clifton with a stronger run blocker. Watching this Giant team shows us how far we have to go iwth that Oline. Then there is the matter of the Dline. We have some work to do.

They also have a savvy qb, incredible depth at RB, and a very deep DL. We would be in the playoffs with Eli. Not a doubt about it.

HarveyWallbangers
12-22-2008, 01:38 AM
Our defense gives up half of that over 60 minutes and it's there fault week in and week out.

I wish our defense gave up half of 28 points. Unfortunately, they give up over 24 points/game. At least, the Giants defense made a stop in the 4th quarter after the offense had tied it up.

Fritz
12-22-2008, 12:06 PM

They also have a savvy qb, incredible depth at RB, and a very deep DL. We would be in the playoffs with Eli. Not a doubt about it.

Do you mean to say that if the Pack had Eli Manning instead of Rodgers, and the Pack had the same rest of the team as they do now, they'd be in the playoffs?

You don't meant that, do you?

channtheman
12-22-2008, 01:02 PM

Notice no one bitching about how awful the defense was despite giving up a ton of points.

We don't bitch about our team giving up points, but we do bitch about them not stopping the opposing team when it matters most. I would like to agree with you on some points but the way you argue makes me, and everyone else it seems, want to just tell you to shut up.

Gunakor
12-22-2008, 01:58 PM

Did the Giants defense give up a winning score on the Panther's final drive? No.

Did ours?

There's the difference.

digitaldean
12-22-2008, 02:26 PM
Partial can't handle the facts, but here they are anyway:

Before tonight's game, we are ranked 20th in scoring defense.
http://tinyurl.com/85ud9v

We are ranked 10th in scoring offense.
http://tinyurl.com/8rfkga

Links from NFL.com stats

Plus another stat that isn't on NFL.com

We had a defense given a lead or chance at OT for 3 straight weeks. A 3 pt. lead, a tie, and a 9 point lead. It wasn't ARod throwing a pick or giving up a fumble that gave the other team a score to win the game. The defense flat out choked.

Good god, Partial, you must want to just stir the pot to see what kind of reaction you get.

Gunakor
12-22-2008, 02:42 PM
Partial can't handle the facts, but here they are anyway:

Before tonight's game, we are ranked 20th in scoring defense.
http://tinyurl.com/85ud9v

We are ranked 10th in scoring offense.
http://tinyurl.com/8rfkga

Links from NFL.com stats

Plus another stat that isn't on NFL.com

We had a defense given a lead or chance at OT for 3 straight weeks. A 3 pt. lead, a tie, and a 9 point lead. It wasn't ARod throwing a pick or giving up a fumble that gave the other team a score to win the game. The defense flat out choked.

Good god, Partial, you must want to just stir the pot to see what kind of reaction you get.

Ah, but as Partial will be quick to point out, a 3 point lead is not a 7 point lead, and a tie is not a 4 point lead. That's where his problem is. He feels as though the offense should score enough points going into the opponents final drive that our defense could allow a score and we still win. He thinks the defense is there just for show, because our offense should be the unit that puts the game away.

Me personally, I'd rather win 3-0 or 7-3 than 31-28 or something rediculous like that. As I've been saying for quite some time now, games are won by the defense. Proof being that a FG alone wins the game if your defense shuts out your opponent, but 3 TD's doesn't win the game if your defense can't stop anybody.

Fosco33
12-28-2008, 03:40 PM
Who's watching what??

I've got the Ticket's GameMix.

Bal up by 3 with 5 min in 1st but Jags have it around the 50.
Boys/Birds are tied - Philly isn't taking advantage of it's early opportunities.

Partial
12-28-2008, 03:41 PM
Eagles Boys game is going to be a ton of fun. I'm going to go watch.

Fosco33
12-28-2008, 03:45 PM
Big drop by Williams...

Fosco33
12-28-2008, 03:51 PM
4 false starts by the Fins in the 1st Q

Bretsky
12-28-2008, 03:54 PM
JAGS 7
RAVENS 3

Can we still dream about a 2nd ?

channtheman
12-28-2008, 03:58 PM
Ouch. Favre 1/6 9 Yards INT

channtheman
12-28-2008, 04:01 PM
If Dallas got knocked out of the playoffs this year, all would be right.

Rastak
12-28-2008, 04:10 PM
Just got back from watching the NFC North champions.

I have this observation. Damn, the Giants are really really tough on the line, both offensively and defensively. The were really beat up during the game though, they had at least two guys carted off to the locker room.

Bretsky
12-28-2008, 04:25 PM

I have this observation. Damn, the Giants are really really tough on the line, both offensively and defensively. The were really beat up during the game though, they had at least two guys carted off to the locker room.

CONGRATS ON THE DIVISIONAL TITLE RAS

GET A QB AND YOUR TEAM WILL BE SCARY

Rastak
12-28-2008, 04:27 PM

Thanks Bretsky. Jackson had some nice throws but threw a bad pick in the red zone that almost cost the game.

Should be an interesting offseason. I was hoping for McNabb but the Eagles are surging so that might be out. In fact, the Vikings play the winner of the Cowboys/Eagles game next week.

billy_oliver880
12-28-2008, 04:32 PM
cowboys are in full melt down right now.

Rastak
Favre's tossed two picks....Phins are up.

Bretsky

Thanks Bretsky. Jackson had some nice throws but threw a bad pick in the red zone that almost cost the game.

Should be an interesting offseason. I was hoping for McNabb but the Eagles are surging so that might be out. In fact, the Vikings play the winner of the Cowboys/Eagles game next week.

They could beat those teams; in fact with Whitten playing so hurt if I was you I'd probably prefer to play Dallas

I disagree with those that say the Vikings have put this together the wrong way and could spiral downward soon

What you need is a real deal at QB; if you get that and keep doing what you are doing I see MN being SB threats

gbgary
12-28-2008, 04:33 PM
brett's hurt...shoulder

Rastak
12-28-2008, 04:34 PM
The Vikings have some older players at a few positions but by no means are they old at alot of positions. The have a young safety that will replace Sharper, and Cedric Griffin is really coming into his now. Playing alot of jam like Al Harris actually.

Partial
12-28-2008, 04:35 PM
Vikes are going to be competitive in the NFC North for as long as Adrian is there and healthy. He gets my MVP vote.

Fosco33
12-28-2008, 04:36 PM
brett's hurt...shoulder

He's had a bum shoulder for awhile now... bet if he let the doctors look they'd bench him.

Pick 6 hurts a ton. May be watching his last half as they're down 8 and Ravens are up.

gbgary
12-28-2008, 04:38 PM
brett's hurt...shoulder

He's had a bum shoulder for awhile now... bet if he let the doctors look they'd bench him.

Pick 6 hurts a ton. May be watching his last half as they're down 8 and Ravens are up.

he's back out there.

Freak Out
12-28-2008, 04:39 PM
Bum's kid looks like his wife was just raped and his dog shot....if he is still the Cowboy coach next year I'll be shocked. You know JJ is going fucking nuts now.

denverYooper
12-28-2008, 04:40 PM

I sure hope it's the Eagles.

Rastak
12-28-2008, 04:40 PM
Bum's kid looks like his wife was just raped and his dog shot....if he is still the Cowboy coach next year I'll be shocked. You know JJ is going fucking nuts now.

Jones swore up and down yesterday Wade would be back.

Freak Out
12-28-2008, 04:45 PM

That means nothing.....if they get rolled and show no fight he's done.

channtheman
12-28-2008, 04:46 PM
The Jets are morons. Why did you not take the timeout with 16 seconds? Now they only have time for one more shot instead of two. Waste of a timeout, unless they have no confidence and think that Favre will get sacked, in which case you should just kick the field goal right now.

See, now you have a timeout and no more downs. STUPID!

EDIT: I was behind the live feed, but my point still stands.

channtheman
12-28-2008, 04:53 PM
Anyone know what happened in the Philly game. The gametrax says they scored a TD with 2 minutes left, then 13 seconds left, then they still got a field goal. Can anyone recap. I'm watching the Jets game so I got no clue.

gbgary
12-28-2008, 04:56 PM

i hope he does come back. that'll keep them medeocre. :lol:

gbgary
12-28-2008, 04:58 PM
Anyone know what happened in the Philly game. The gametrax says they scored a TD with 2 minutes left, then 13 seconds left, then they still got a field goal. Can anyone recap. I'm watching the Jets game so I got no clue.

1 yd touchdown pass, fumble on the kickoff return, 50 yd fg for 27-3 lead.

Rastak
12-28-2008, 05:08 PM
Man, the Eagles are kicking the Cowboys in the nuts over and over.

Ouch.

Fosco33
12-28-2008, 05:10 PM

Ouch.

Good :tup:

Ravens are beating up the Jags. Looks like a 3rd from the Jets - wonder how long that guy will be tied to Favre...

Brando19
12-28-2008, 05:11 PM

Ouch.

Even though the Packers suck, their season is over, and it looks like Favre's career could be over after tonight....this helps a LOOOOOOOOT!!!!

I HHHHHHAAAAAATTTTTEEEEE the Cowboys! Go Eagles!

Brando19
12-28-2008, 05:14 PM

Ouch.

Good :tup:

Ravens are beating up the Jags. Looks like a 3rd from the Jets - wonder how long that guy will be tied to Favre...

Probably as long as he's in the league..and with TT picking him...about a year... :lol: j/k

gbgary
ari td puts them up 21-14 and miami gets a td to take the lead

denverYooper

Ouch.

Even though the Packers suck, their season is over, and it looks like Favre's career could be over after tonight....this helps a LOOOOOOOOT!!!!

I HHHHHHAAAAAATTTTTEEEEE the Cowboys! Go Eagles!

That's a big 10-4.

Rastak
12-28-2008, 05:16 PM
Holy crap, the Eagles just kicked the Cowboys in the groin 7 more times.....

OUCH.

Brando19
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

41-3

gbgary
philly scores again

MJZiggy
12-28-2008, 05:17 PM
Ok, WHY did I let the kid have the tv for MarioKart.

Rastak
12-28-2008, 05:17 PM
Man, the Eagles are flying high, they are gonna be tough next week.

gbgary
12-28-2008, 05:18 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

41-3

i just LOVE cowboy drama!!

Lurker64
This Cowboys game is one of the funniest football games I've ever watched. There ought to be some good pictures of Jerry Jones from this one.

digitaldean

Was a nailbiter, but congrats on the divison, Ras.
:!:

digitaldean
12-28-2008, 05:20 PM
This Cowboys game is one of the funniest football games I've ever watched. There ought to be some good pictures of Jerry Jones from this one.

Oh, YouTube is gonna be busy tonight!!!

Think ol' JJ wil still have the vote of confidence for Wadey boy? That loss to the St. Louis Lambs sure is coming back to bite them. WOOHOO!!!

Rastak
12-28-2008, 05:20 PM

Was a nailbiter, but congrats on the divison, Ras.
:!:

Yea, it sure as hell was. Although they refused to show the Bears score on the scoreboard....I had a radio so me (and those around me) knew the Bears were fading at the end.

Rastak
12-28-2008, 05:22 PM
Damn, Eagles just wound up and landed another one square in the nads.

Brando19
12-28-2008, 05:22 PM

Think ol' JJ wil still have the vote of confidence for Wadey boy? That loss to the St. Louis Lambs sure is coming back to bite them. WOOHOO!!!

Let's hope..I want Wade fired and brought in here as our D coordinator. I don't think Jerry Jones is at the game....there would have been LOTS of pics of him already. Haha...that sorry bastard.

Edit: nevermind...they just showed Jones...looks like he's fighting a turtle head in his underwear.

Rastak
12-28-2008, 05:23 PM

Let's hope..I want Wade fired and brought in here as our D coordinator. I don't think Jerry Jones is at the game....there would have been LOTS of pics of him already. Haha...that sorry bastard.

He's there, they showed him standing with a concerned look on his face.

digitaldean
12-28-2008, 05:24 PM
Good thing there's no mercy rule in football.

Eagles laying a big ol' can of WHOOPASS on the Cowgirls.

cpk1994
12-28-2008, 05:36 PM

Jones swore up and down yesterday Wade would be back.About as much value as Ron Wolf's "Vote of Confidence" to Ray Rhodes.

Rastak
12-28-2008, 05:41 PM

Jones swore up and down yesterday Wade would be back.About as much value as Ron Wolf's "Vote of Confidence" to Ray Rhodes.

I completely agree but in this case he was all animated about it. Let me just say this, after his "Wade and staff are going nowhere" speech he will look like a complete fool backtracking. Could very well happen, but he'll look like a fool.

digitaldean
12-28-2008, 05:51 PM

I completely agree but in this case he was all animated about it. Let me just say this, after his "Wade and staff are going nowhere" speech he will look like a complete fool backtracking. Could very well happen, but he'll look like a fool.

Well, JJ's going through another season without a post-season win. He can build all the new stadiums and push for no salary cap, but he can't BUY his post-season victories.

LMFAO!!

Fosco33
12-28-2008, 05:53 PM
Wasn't Jones just talking crap this week about making the playoffs and having such a strong team next year too?

Bretsky
12-28-2008, 06:08 PM
SF is attempting the game winning field goal right now !!

Get us that #9 pick Joe Nedney; it's all the Pack fans will have to discuss til April............well.....there is that free agency thingy too

Bretsky
12-28-2008, 06:09 PM
Gotta kind of like Singeltary and the job he has done

channtheman
12-28-2008, 06:12 PM
28 seconds to go for the Dolphins. Can they win the division?

Only 17 to go with the Jets at the 1 yard line. Hopefully we get to see a BS play where there are tons of laterals.

Iron Mike
12-28-2008, 06:13 PM

I can hardly wait to see what gets posted on Kissing Suzy Kolber. :P

Fosco33
12-28-2008, 06:56 PM
Ed Hochuli is a huge Chargers fan tonight.