PDA

View Full Version : Bitching and trolling from two who won't take it to PM!!!!!

Partial
10-12-2008, 06:43 PM
Rodgers played his most mature and best game yet. If he continues to improve they will be very good. He played a smart game, didn't make any bone headed mistakes, and took risks when necessary.

I applaud that and give him a solid A grade for the day.

GBRulz
10-12-2008, 06:46 PM
Well, his holding the ball too long caused a fumble which led to 7 pts for Seattle. Other than that, I think he played very well. I give him tons of credit for playing through the shoulder injury, too. Says a lot about him.

I HATED the QB sneaks that were called today though. Why risk further injury to him??

Pacopete4
10-12-2008, 06:48 PM
Well, his holding the ball too long caused a fumble which led to 7 pts for Seattle. Other than that, I think he played very well. I give him tons of credit for playing through the shoulder injury, too. Says a lot about him.

I HATED the QB sneaks that were called today though. Why risk further injury to him??

I agree.. I mean, is that our goaline play all season? jeeze we are putting him in a bad spot with that shoulder...

other than that bonehead fumble, he played great... itd be nice if MM would allow him to get his WR's in the game sooner though

Partial
10-12-2008, 06:49 PM

toughness. I'm sure he told M3 to do it.

The fumble certainly wasn't good, but the rest of the game was all around very solid. No unnecessary scrambling, taking bad sacks, throwing balls away with open guys down the field, etc. He looked very poised today.

Pacopete4
10-12-2008, 06:51 PM

toughness. I'm sure he told M3 to do it.

The fumble certainly wasn't good, but the rest of the game was all around very solid. No unnecessary scrambling, taking bad sacks, throwing balls away with open guys down the field, etc. He looked very poised today.

I could only tell one of those on TV today.. he had Driver coming open and just decided throw it outta bounds, might not of saw him though

GBRulz
10-12-2008, 06:53 PM
I don't care if he told M3 to do it or not. I just don't agree with the risk of further injury to his shoulder. Especially the TD...let Grant take the abuse. It's time for him to start earning his paycheck.

Pacopete4
10-12-2008, 06:55 PM
I don't care if he told M3 to do it or not. I just don't agree with the risk of further injury to his shoulder. Especially the TD...let Grant take the abuse. It's time for him to start earning his paycheck.

:worship: :worship:

cpk1994
10-12-2008, 06:58 PM
I don't care if he told M3 to do it or not. I just don't agree with the risk of further injury to his shoulder. Especially the TD...let Grant take the abuse. It's time for him to start earning his paycheck.Diud you disagree with Sherman, Homlgren, McCarthy any time they put him at further risk of injury, like his broken thumb? I didn't and I have no problem with McCarthy going ahead business as usual. You don't play scared. Thats what will really get ARod seriously injured.

Pacopete4
10-12-2008, 07:02 PM
I don't care if he told M3 to do it or not. I just don't agree with the risk of further injury to his shoulder. Especially the TD...let Grant take the abuse. It's time for him to start earning his paycheck.Diud you disagree with Sherman, Homlgren, McCarthy any time they put him at further risk of injury, like his broken thumb? I didn't and I have no problem with McCarthy going ahead business as usual. You don't play scared. Thats what will really get ARod seriously injured.

that has zero to do with it... sooner or later we gotta be able to run the ball on 3-4th and 1...

cpk1994
10-12-2008, 07:03 PM

that has zero to do with it... sooner or later we gotta be able to run the ball on 3-4th and 1...I didn't ask you troll.

EDIT: They got the First down with Rodgers sneaking didn't they? Who the hell cares how they get it as long as they get it.

GBRulz
10-12-2008, 07:04 PM

First of all, at the time we had an Iron Man for a QB and not two rookies backing him up. Secondly, let's admit that M3 doesn't exactly play aggressive football. I guess I don't even see how the two factors are comparable.

Pacopete4

that has zero to do with it... sooner or later we gotta be able to run the ball on 3-4th and 1...I didn't ask you troll.

this is the stuff people are sick of from u... can u just stop? u will ruin another thread

Partial
oh for fucks sake... please exit my thread. both of you.

BF4MVP
10-12-2008, 07:06 PM
He played a great game. I have no problem with the sneaks. It's the easiest way to get a yard..

Pacopete4
10-12-2008, 07:07 PM
might be the easiest but I think the problem a lot of us have is that his shoulder is obviously really hurting.. why risk losing him, given our backup situation is not as sound as we'd like

cpk1994
10-12-2008, 07:07 PM

First of all, at the time we had an Iron Man for a QB and not two rookies backing him up. Secondly, let's admit that M3 doesn't exactly play aggressive football. I guess I don't even see how the two factors are comparable.Who the hell cares if Favre was an Ironman? They didn't fear anything with Faver and that is the mentality they need with Rodgers. Again, you don't play scared. That will get Rodgers seriously injured.

Fritz
10-12-2008, 07:09 PM
You can't say, really, that the Packers' record would be any better if Favre were the QB. This team's troubles don't come from that position.

packerbacker1234

Whoa.

Guys, there is something you need to understand.

You do not play football worrying about injuries. You do that, and you lose games.

Look, you want to not risk further injury to the shoulder? Then do the smart thing and don't let Rodgers play. When is he wincing in pain? Whenever he throws a football. You want to really not risk further injury? Then he needs to stop throwing the football and rest for a week.

QB sneaks are not the issue. Throwing the ball is. HE said it himself, nothing else that he does, including hitting the shoulder, hurts, but when throwing the ball it's the only time he knows the shoulder is hurt. So, that would mean he needs to not throw.

Just saying, it is what it is. You play like you would normally play, or you don't play at all.

cpk1994
might be the easiest but I think the problem a lot of us have is that his shoulder is obviously really hurting.. why risk losing him, given our backup situation is not as sound as we'd likeFavre had Pteresen, Bono etc. WHy risk further injury to him given that his backup situation sucked? You don't change philosophies no matter who is the QB. IF he can play, he will play to the fullest degree. GO all out or not at all. This half ass shit will get ARod killed.

Partial
10-12-2008, 07:11 PM
Mods, please lock this as a protest to shut cpk and paco up. It's really irritating.

Pacopete4
might be the easiest but I think the problem a lot of us have is that his shoulder is obviously really hurting.. why risk losing him, given our backup situation is not as sound as we'd likeFavre had Pteresen, Bono etc. WHy risk further injury to him given that his backup situation sucked? You don't change philosophies no matter who is the QB. IF he can play, he will play to the fullest degree. GO all out or not at all. This half ass shit will get ARod killed.

how many QB sneaks did u see Favre do? Rodgers probably has surpassed him in that total already

BF4MVP
You can't say, really, that the Packers' record would be any better if Favre were the QB. This team's troubles don't come from that position.
QFT

cpk1994

this is the stuff people are sick of from u... can u just stop? u will ruin another threadOnly when you finally cut out your troll bullshit. I am simply calling you out becuase no one else will.

cpk1994
10-12-2008, 07:12 PM

how many QB sneaks did u see Favre do? Rodgers probably has surpassed him in that total alreadyGood god, you have no clue what I am talking about.

Pacopete4
10-12-2008, 07:13 PM

how many QB sneaks did u see Favre do? Rodgers probably has surpassed him in that total alreadyGood god, you have no clue what I am talking about.

no one does I guess

GBRulz
10-12-2008, 07:13 PM

I don't think that is the argument at all here.

packerbacker1234
10-12-2008, 07:15 PM

how many QB sneaks did u see Favre do? Rodgers probably has surpassed him in that total already

Your right, Favre didn't do a lot of QB sneaks - and I am sure that is not his fault. Holgrem wasn't that sort of coach.

MM is, and I think Favre's age is the only reason MM didn't have Favre QB sneaking. Sorry, but while some of the posters here are very adament about whats going on... I tend to agree.

You either play the game like nothing is wrong, or you don't play at all. Whenever a team caters something different towards an injured player playing, that is when they usually risk further injury. Sure, the cater this time would be not QB sneaking: That cater could also mean no GB victory.

Oh and fellas - The seakhawks may be the worst team in football right now, and we didn't exactly dominate them. Rodgers may have played well... but overall we didn't look too good against a really bad team.

pbmax
10-12-2008, 07:15 PM
cpk, please knock it off. Calling people a troll isn't stopping anything and it renders a thread useless. Trust that others can see what you see and pay it the appropriate amount of attention.

It might also be that after keyboard wrestling all summer, you might be overreacting to normal posts. Take some cues from other posters. You might be surprised how quickly stuff gets called out on the board without resorting to troll debates.

Pacopete4
10-12-2008, 07:17 PM

Your right, Favre didn't do a lot of QB sneaks - and I am sure that is not his fault. Holgrem wasn't that sort of coach.

MM is, and I think Favre's age is the only reason MM didn't have Favre QB sneaking. Sorry, but while some of the posters here are very adament about whats going on... I tend to agree.

You either play the game like nothing is wrong, or you don't play at all. Whenever a team caters something different towards an injured player playing, that is when they usually risk further injury. Sure, the cater this time would be not QB sneaking: That cater could also mean no GB victory.

Oh and fellas - The seakhawks may be the worst team in football right now, and we didn't exactly dominate them. Rodgers may have played well... but overall we didn't look too good against a really bad team.

very good points.. but do u think that MM didnt cater to Rodgers at all in this game? I kinda think he did at times..

GBRulz
10-12-2008, 07:21 PM
way to ruin another thread, cpk.

I'm so sick of this BS.

I know a few would have issues with mods zapping posts, but sometimes a courtesy flush is necessary.

cpk1994
10-12-2008, 07:24 PM
cpk, please knock it off. Calling people a troll isn't stopping anything and it renders a thread useless. Trust that others can see what you see and pay it the appropriate amount of attention.

It might also be that after keyboard wrestling all summer, you might be overreacting to normal posts. Take some cues from other posters. You might be surprised how quickly stuff gets called out on the board without resorting to troll debates.Im sorry, but I can't bite my tonugue over Paco's bullshit any longer. I asked GBR a question, I didn't need his BS clouding that. I got my answer from GBR and tried to continue the discussion, but he made it impossible.

cpk1994
10-12-2008, 07:28 PM

no one does I guessNo, GBR knew where I was going. You on the other hand have no clue so let me try one more time to clue you in. McCarthy, Sherman and Holmgren never limited the playbook for Favre becuase he was injured. McCarthy shouldn't do it for Rodgers either. You either go all out or don't play it all. Your proposal half assing on playcalls is what will really get Rodgers injured, not the sneak play.

GBRulz
10-12-2008, 07:42 PM

It might also be that after keyboard wrestling all summer, you might be overreacting to normal posts. Take some cues from other posters. You might be surprised how quickly stuff gets called out on the board without resorting to troll debates.Im sorry, but I can't bite my tonugue over Paco's bullshit any longer. I asked GBR a question, I didn't need his BS clouding that. I got my answer from GBR and tried to continue the discussion, but he made it impossible.

Do you know how hard it is sometimes for me not to respond to some of the dumb ass comments on here? It's harder to keep your mouth shut, I will agree with you there! With that being said, sometimes it's just best to keep your mouth shut! You can DO it !

Rastak
10-12-2008, 07:58 PM

Why don't you let him say his piece and not respond to his posts? Does it really bother you that much?

digitaldean
10-12-2008, 08:06 PM
CPK,

I understand you wanting to get your 2ยข worth in.

But man the thread's end up resembling a couple of bitchy teenage girls arguing over nothing.

There are times in Romper Room and in the Packers' threads I had to bite my tongue because if I really wanted to spew what I thought, it'd do nothing but lead to more anger and headaches.

gex
10-12-2008, 08:08 PM
cpk to ruin another thread, nothing ever changes. :roll:

Harlan Huckleby
10-12-2008, 08:09 PM
Mods, please lock this as a protest to shut cpk and paco up. It's really irritating.

what the hell did CPK say that was out of line? Nothing. You just disagree with his point of view.

Harlan Huckleby
10-12-2008, 08:14 PM
Do you know how hard it is sometimes for me not to respond to some of the dumb ass comments on here? It's harder to keep your mouth shut, I will agree with you there! With that being said, sometimes it's just best to keep your mouth shut! You can DO it !

Why are you telling other people to shut their mouth? You are just as snotty as anybody else. Pacopete is far more troll-like than CPK, you are simply taking sides in an argument, so you're just another flame thrower.

I am sick of the rightous, Saturday Night Live Church Ladies providing moral instruction. The speeches are far more numerous and annoying than the arguing they are correcting.

Pacopete4
10-12-2008, 08:15 PM

Why are you telling other people to shut their mouth? You are just as snotty as anybody else. Pacopete is far more troll-like than CPK, you are simply taking sides in an argument, so you're just another flame thrower.

I am sick of the rightous, Saturday Night Live Church Ladies providing moral instruction. The speeches are far more numerous and annoying than the arguing they are correcting.

why are u starting shit with me now...

Rastak
10-12-2008, 08:16 PM

what the hell did CPK say that was out of line? Nothing. You just disagree with his point of view.

How about every single reply to a poster is the same name calling? It gets extremely dull for the majority of posters. Crank up a poll and see.

If every post you made I called you a name eventually everybody would grow tired of it. It ain't compelling reading.

falco
10-12-2008, 08:18 PM
I've decided that I will no longer post here at PackerRats. I know I'm still capable of posting at a high level, but the mental strain of scanning so many tedious comments has simply worn me down.

Part of my decision is due to frustration that Madtown has failed to attract enough high quality posters to keep this forum lively. But I don't want to leave on a bitter note, I'd prefer to emphasize my great appreciation for the dozen or so excellent posts that I enjoyed over the years.

I knew this would happen. Crying or Very sad "Goodbye is too good of word, babe, so I guess I'll just say fare ye well."

Rastak
10-12-2008, 08:21 PM
I've decided that I will no longer post here at PackerRats. I know I'm still capable of posting at a high level, but the mental strain of scanning so many tedious comments has simply worn me down.

Part of my decision is due to frustration that Madtown has failed to attract enough high quality posters to keep this forum lively. But I don't want to leave on a bitter note, I'd prefer to emphasize my great appreciation for the dozen or so excellent posts that I enjoyed over the years.

I knew this would happen. Crying or Very sad "Goodbye is too good of word, babe, so I guess I'll just say fare ye well."

Falco, I hear what you are saying but it can be cleaned up with decisive action.

Harlan Huckleby
10-12-2008, 08:21 PM
:lol:

There's something vaguely familar about that post, Falco.

I was giving you high fives until I realized your parody of my parody.

Harlan Huckleby
10-12-2008, 08:22 PM
Falco, I hear what you are saying but it can be cleaned up with decisive action.

I should think an execution would get people in line.

falco

i was worried the reference was too obscure

Rastak

LOL, indeed...I missed that.

falco
10-12-2008, 08:23 PM
your post stood the test of time harlan...

the more things change the more they stay the same it seems

falco
10-12-2008, 08:26 PM
lol @ "dozen or so excellent posts"

harlan you pompous ass

:P

Harlan Huckleby
10-12-2008, 08:28 PM
I'm blushing with pride.

Deputy Nutz
10-12-2008, 08:29 PM
Christ, same old same old. Any thread dealing with Favre or Rodgers and it is the same people in a dispute. I took a little bit more than a month off from this place and it is the same shit from the same people.

Glad I haven't missed much.

Pacopete4
10-12-2008, 08:31 PM
Christ, same old same old. Any thread dealing with Favre or Rodgers and it is the same people in a dispute. I took a little bit more than a month off from this place and it is the same shit from the same people.

:violin:

sheepshead
10-12-2008, 08:33 PM

You were gone?

RashanGary
10-12-2008, 08:33 PM

Well, it's down to two people going back and forth for the most part so it is a lot better. You must have missed my "I was wrong about Brett" thread. He's having a really good year. I'm impressed. With everythign blowing over for the most part and the season beginning, I dropped my Favre hate :). I still sort of hate him, but I wish him the best because we could get a 1st round pick!!

Harlan Huckleby
10-12-2008, 08:34 PM
You were gone?

MJZiggy
10-12-2008, 08:34 PM
Rodgers played his most mature and best game yet. If he continues to improve they will be very good. He played a smart game, didn't make any bone headed mistakes, and took risks when necessary.

I applaud that and give him a solid A grade for the day.

P, I wholeheartedly agree.

I think when it comes to the shoulder injury there are a couple things to consider. First is that at the announcers said at the beginning of the game that it was said to not be structural, so he can't hurt it any worse (not that I give credit for that much intelligence, but it kind of makes sense--if you hyperflex a joint, you can make it hurt more but you can't really hurt it any worse). Second is that the way they have it harnessed and had that patch on his undershirt, it looks like the injury is on the underside of the shoulder, like in the armpit area in which case a QB sneak wouldn't affect that area. And lastly, he could also have audibled it if he thought he could do it himself. And I don't think M3 would have called it if he thought there was any real chance of it knocking him out of the game or making the injury worse. Grant didn't seem to be getting a whole lot of yards so to assume he'd have gotten the necessary one or two is risky thinking.

Sorry they trashed your thread, P. He did have a very good game. But nice retitling.

Harlan Huckleby
10-12-2008, 08:37 PM
I thought Rodgers's throws looked poor on too many occasions.

I think he should be sitting until he recovers, that's my line and I'm sticking to it. I don't buy the "structural" argument - soft tissue counts too.

Rodgers did manage the game well, good decisions.

Scott Campbell
10-12-2008, 08:38 PM

i was worried the reference was too obscure

The original must have been a doozy. I wish I had seen it.

Deputy Nutz
10-12-2008, 08:40 PM

Well, it's down to two people going back and forth for the most part so it is a lot better. You must have missed my "I was wrong about Brett" thread. He's having a really good year. I'm impressed. With everythign blowing over for the most part and the season beginning, I dropped my Favre hate :). I still sort of hate him, but I wish him the best because we could get a 1st round pick!!

Well the Jets decided to open up their offense and let Favre work. He understands defenses and he needed to get on the same page as he wide outs and receivers. Favre is still Favre, he had three turnovers today but the Jets were playing the Bungels so all is good.

Rodgers is also playing better than expected, even hurt. I sure have my opinions on McCarthy and Thompson but that is probably never going to change. I think McCarthy is protect Rodgers with certain routes and such, not a lot of passes down the middle of the field, safe passes and such, which is fine he is an accurate passer, but his presence in the pocket is still that of a first year starter, he is not ahead of the curve in that regard.

Harlan Huckleby
10-12-2008, 08:40 PM
actually falco seems to remember it pretty well, he has an eerie, stalker-like recall.

I think I was parodying one of Favre's tearful retirements.

retailguy
10-12-2008, 09:02 PM
at the request of the original poster, I'm locking this thread... once I figure out how to do it.