PDA

View Full Version : Studs and Duds Week 6

ThunderDan
10-12-2008, 08:23 PM
Alright, I'll admit I was a little distracted this week being at my in-laws watching the game but this is what I saw.

Studs-
Rodgers - Other than that stupid fumble he managed the game very well. He gave great effort on the the QB sneak for a TD.
T Will - There was no drop off from his play and Al Harris' play in this game.
Woodson - Smothered has guy all game and got an INT
Kampman and most of the DL in pass rush - Got a lot of pressure today.

Duds-
Barnett - He was missing today. Maybe he is more banged up than the team is letting on.
Grant - I know the running blocking was bad but he just kept running in to his O-Lines asses.
O-line - We ran the ball over 35 times and barely broke 100 yards even with Rodgers scrambling.
D-Line verses the run - We knew Seatlle was going to run with Fyre as the QB and we didn't do that good of a job stopping them. We should have sold out against the run the whole day with as good as the CB were playing.

On the fence-
Crosby - His FG kicking was awesome but his kickoffs were mostly less than average.
Clifton - Played well after the last few weeks but got little push in the run game.

pbmax
10-12-2008, 08:36 PM
Clifton made a couple of longer than normal efforts in the run game today, which I am sure the coaches and the RBs appreciated. He was also burned when he had his guy blocked and sealed from the inside out and Grant choose to bounce outside, right into the area occupied by Clifton's guy.

It seems that teams are selling out into the hole on the zone plays, stacking everything up, which means there has to be a cutback lane or a change of direction available. I wasn't impressed with Grant's reads in either of these areas.

Time may solve this, he is running hard and looks healthy, this is just like training camp for him now.

Harlan Huckleby
10-12-2008, 08:44 PM
I wonder how Thompson graded-out on the D-line. It was confusing, because the TV announcer kept calling KGB "Thompson".

Harlan Huckleby
10-12-2008, 08:44 PM
Clifton made a couple of longer than normal efforts in the run game today, which I am sure the coaches and the RBs appreciated. He was also burned when he had his guy blocked and sealed from the inside out and Grant choose to bounce outside, right into the area occupied by Clifton's guy.

I thought Clifton's pass protection was marginal. But we'll have to see how he grades out.

retailguy
10-12-2008, 08:47 PM
gee. Somebody who posts post game awards analysis without having to use inappropriate language. What a concept! thank you!

Guiness
10-12-2008, 08:47 PM
From the line, it looks like Frost had a pretty good day. 4 punts, 2 of which ended up inside the 20.

Scott Campbell
10-12-2008, 08:49 PM
gee. Somebody who posts post game awards analysis without having to use inappropriate language. What a concept! thank you!

........cussing commencing in 5, 4, 3......................

retailguy
10-12-2008, 08:54 PM

........cussing commencing in 5, 4, 3......................

Yeah, of course. It couldn't be any other way.... Besides, could we really live without the "twigs & berries" award? :roll:

ThunderDan
10-12-2008, 09:16 PM
I was also impressed on one of Drivers few catches today. He came back for the ball and took an INT away from Seattle. While he did give up getting the 1st down he saved a huge turnover at that time in the game.

The average NFL receiver would have stayed on the 1st down line and said I was right where I was supposed to be. DD came back and made the play.

Harlan Huckleby
10-12-2008, 09:18 PM
I think the SeaHawks looked really, really bad. Not sure we learn much from this game.

Bretsky
10-12-2008, 09:20 PM
I think the SeaHawks looked really, really bad. Not sure we learn much from this game.

What I think I learned from today is our division is absolutely pathetic and despite not being that good we still have a chance at winning it :idea:

retailguy
10-12-2008, 09:20 PM

well, we learned that the packers backups on defense are better than the seahawks backups on offense. And that Arod is fairly tough. that's something at least.

RashanGary
10-12-2008, 09:21 PM

Agreed. I think the defense (particularly the DL) is going to haunt us all year. The OL is also very average. If we're going to take the next step to being a SB competitive team, we're going to have to get stronger in the trenches. This was a really, really bad team. It's not time to get overly excited.

Scott Campbell
10-12-2008, 09:22 PM

Agreed. I think the defense (particularly the DL) is going to haunt us all year. The OL is also very average. If we're going to take the next step to being a SB competitive team, we're going to have to get stronger in the trenches. This was a really, really bad team. It's not time to get overly excited.

We lost 3 in a row. Enjoy the day.

Brando19
10-12-2008, 09:23 PM
Studs: The 3 WR's...Greg, Donald, and Jordy. We've got some amazing WR's...TT needs to wrap Jennings up before anybody...the kid's going to be the highest paid WR in the league one day...why not be for the Packers?

]{ilr]3
10-12-2008, 09:28 PM
Studs: The 3 WR's...Greg, Donald, and Jordy. We've got some amazing WR's...TT needs to wrap Jennings up before anybody...the kid's going to be the highest paid WR in the league one day...why not be for the Packers?

I agree! Those 3 looked pretty good today. Ruvell had his chances and blew it.

I love the handshake after the INT thing the D has going! 8-)

MJZiggy
10-12-2008, 09:30 PM
At this point, I'll take all I can get and be grateful for it.

red
10-12-2008, 09:33 PM
this was a game where we didn't look great, but we also didn't look bad

we just were

and won

red
10-12-2008, 09:35 PM

the time to lock him up was this past offseason, when we knew he had talent, but wasn't all world yet

if he continues at this pace he will be one of if not the highest paid wr when his time comes

and i don't think TT will open his purse

Farley Face
10-12-2008, 10:17 PM

I thought Clifton's pass protection was marginal. But we'll have to see how he grades out.

I was at the game today and want all to know Clifton is gutting it out at this point. He has more than a hamstring injury based on the amount of individual stretching he and a trainer did before the game and in between possessions. They weren't stretching his hammy, looks like his "trunk" is having issues or something. I'm no doctor, but something is up that we are all not being made aware of (Bedard hinted at this in his blog as well).

I know it is all about production and if he is too hurt to play we need to replace him, but I don't want anyone to question his desire or heart or ultimately his ability. Hopefully the bye week after Indy will give him the time needed to get his body right. We need him.

Gunakor
10-12-2008, 10:57 PM

the time to lock him up was this past offseason, when we knew he had talent, but wasn't all world yet

if he continues at this pace he will be one of if not the highest paid wr when his time comes

He'll do it if it's an elite player... that he drafted.

pbmax
10-12-2008, 11:10 PM
I was at the game today and want all to know Clifton is gutting it out at this point. He has more than a hamstring injury based on the amount of individual stretching he and a trainer did before the game and in between possessions. They weren't stretching his hammy, looks like his "trunk" is having issues or something. I'm no doctor, but something is up that we are all not being made aware of (Bedard hinted at this in his blog as well).

I know it is all about production and if he is too hurt to play we need to replace him, but I don't want anyone to question his desire or heart or ultimately his ability. Hopefully the bye week after Indy will give him the time needed to get his body right. We need him.
That's good (and bad) to know Farley, thanks. He clearly has had knee issues before, as this isn't the first regular season he has regularly missed practice. It would be a blow to lose him to the new stuff, as 75% of Clifton might still be better than Colledge at LT.

You never know though. Bye week coming up, might help. Colledge also didn't fall on his face last week either.

mission
10-12-2008, 11:15 PM

disagreed.

this isn't baseball.

we play like we play (or not play) the free agent game so we're ready for when a once in a decade player comes around like jennings.

he will be a packer unless he just doesn't want to be.

you can put the rent on that.

DUDS - MM ... he has no killer instinct as a coach... anyone catch Atlanta running the hurry up in the third quarter? god, i wish we had that offensive mentality.

maybe i should bump my mm play calling thread ... naw =/

decent game to watch but witnessing grant run into his own offensive lineman with his head dead and two hands on the ball like a practice squad guy just trying not to fuck up is enough... i couldnt stop cursing him today

BobDobbs
10-13-2008, 05:26 PM
Second on the Grant thing. Why would he run into his blockers so many times? He's got to clean that up. Also, his balance isn't all that great. When he gets bumped before he gets his speed up he tends to go down. I would have liked to see him cut to space a lot more often.