PDA

View Full Version : Packers Favored vs Indy...

packers11
10-12-2008, 11:10 PM
:shock:

BF4MVP
10-12-2008, 11:14 PM
I like it :D

GrnBay007
10-12-2008, 11:14 PM
What did you do, flip a coin? :P

I didn't think the lines came out until Tues.

packers11
10-12-2008, 11:15 PM
What did you do, flip a coin? :P

I didn't think the lines came out until Tues.

http://www.docsports.com/nfl-odds.html

steve823
10-12-2008, 11:17 PM
Well its definitely possible. We are at Lambeau and even though we might not be amazing at home anymore this is a big game for us. I think we can win.

This might help a little "Addai limped off the field in the first quarter with a hamstring injury and did not return."

:knll:

Tony Oday
10-12-2008, 11:26 PM
We will lose this one big...

steve823
10-12-2008, 11:56 PM

Wow way to be optimistic. We have a bad run d and they cant run plus there rbs are injured. Our pass d is good even with all the injuries we are still 9th in the league. So I think its definitely possible :butt:

texaspackerbacker
10-13-2008, 12:38 AM
Even if they don't have Addai, this is gonna be a tough game. Peyton Manning is getting back near 100%, and Harrison might be getting close also.

I think the Packers will win, but I can't understand their being favored.

hoosier
10-13-2008, 07:57 AM
The Colts definitely played their best game of the year yesterday against. They really blew the Ravens out of the stadium. My gut tells me that Manning has now shaken all the rust off and that they're going to be a hard team to beat for the rest of the year. But on the bright side, their defense isn't close to dominant when Sanders is out of the lineup. McCarthy is going to need a balanced attack to beat them--if they don't keep the Colts D-line honest by sticking to the run, Rodgers will get killed.

HarveyWallbangers
10-13-2008, 08:01 AM
Big game for us--especially since we are at Tennessee, at Minnesota, at home vs. Chicago coming off the bye week. Our next 6 games are tough. Our last 5 games are not so tough. Minnesota has a few winnable games coming up, but their last 7 games aren't looking as easy anymore--Tampa Bay, Jacksonville, Chicago, Detroit, Arizona, Atlanta, and the Giants. The Bears schedule looks more favorable. If we can win 2 of our next 4 games (which will be tough), we stand a good chance at winning the division.

mraynrand
10-13-2008, 09:31 AM
It's suicide to not have a pass rush against Manning. Packers may need to score 35 points to win.

Count
On
Losing
This
Sunday

pbmax
10-13-2008, 09:43 AM
It's suicide to not have a pass rush against Manning. Packers may need to score 35 points to win.

Count
On
Losing
This
Sunday
It is nice, though, that he helps by being close to Craig Morton immobile.

MadtownPacker
10-13-2008, 10:43 AM
All you Colts fearing wimps need to get a grip. The Colts strength is WR which just happens to be the part of the field where the Packers defense is strongest. The can hang with these guys. It will be close but If the O can put up 28+ pts it can happens.

Fritz
10-13-2008, 11:00 AM
I know it was in the past, but I just can't get that picture of Manning whooping up on the Pack out of my head. Last time they played. Made the Pack look absolutely silly, like he was playing against a j.v. squad from Moose Jaw.

Unless Harell can come back and contribute and Pickett is near full health, I fear the outcome.

Charles Woodson
10-13-2008, 11:10 AM
I know it was in the past, but I just can't get that picture of Manning whooping up on the Pack out of my head. Last time they played. Made the Pack look absolutely silly, like he was playing against a j.v. squad from Moose Jaw.

Unless Harell can come back and contribute and Pickett is near full health, I fear the outcome.

Which game are you talking about?
seeming as our D was awful, 45-31 isnt silly

The Shadow
10-13-2008, 11:32 AM
Pressure on Manning will decide it.

mraynrand
10-13-2008, 11:33 AM
The Packers are much better off at corner than the last go around (Harris, Hawthorne, Carroll, and Thomas), better off scheme-wise (no Bob Slowit all-out blitz disaster), and possibly about even at Safety, LB and Defensive line, given the injuries. Scheme is not all that great, but it is a bend-don't-break rather than the high-risk, no reward crap Slowit ran. If the offense can stay on the field and run the ball a little, Packers have a good chance.

Tony Oday
10-13-2008, 11:53 AM

Wow way to be optimistic. We have a bad run d and they cant run plus there rbs are injured. Our pass d is good even with all the injuries we are still 9th in the league. So I think its definitely possible :butt:

lol you need more than 12 posts to know me on my prediction posts ;)

mmmdk
10-13-2008, 12:21 PM
Well its definitely possible. We are at Lambeau and even though we might not be amazing at home anymore this is a big game for us. I think we can win.

This might help a little "Addai limped off the field in the first quarter with a hamstring injury and did not return."

:knll:

Any game can be won; Packers had a chance even though Atlanta outplayed Packers when it counted most. I'm glad Falcons was no fluke vs Bears yesterday :D I think Matt Ryan & Aaron Rodgers are the future stars of the NFL.

Note: don't find comfort in injury though (Addai); it'll come back and bite ya. Rhodes can run.

BobDobbs
10-13-2008, 05:15 PM
I would feel a lot better if Harris was back on the field. Maybe we can get Bigby back and get a little more movement from the safety position. Our backfield has looked good this year, but we have played some craptastic Quarterbacks. Kitna, Jackson, Griese, Opie Taylor. Just ugly to watch.

If we can run we can win. If not we might be in trouble.

packers11
10-13-2008, 05:42 PM
Indy is now officially favored. The lines moved in favor of them today :lol:

3irty1
10-13-2008, 05:55 PM
We're bound to win some games that we're not supposed to right?

hoosier
10-13-2008, 07:14 PM
It's definitely to the Packers benefit that the game is being played on grass. On turf there's no way the Packers have backs who can cover Wayne, Harrison, Clark and Gonzalez for a whole game. Assuming their coverage holds up reasonably well, the key to winning will be controlling Indy's speed rushers. I'm reasonably confident that Clifton can hold his own against Freeney. The big test will be Tauscher against Mathis.

packerbacker1234
10-13-2008, 07:18 PM
The colts have been up and down possibly even worse then the Packers have been. They were lucky to beat Houston late, and the Ravens were just beat up last week. Last week in fact was the first time all season the colts actually looked like.... the colts.

The rest of the season they have been mediocre. More mediocre games then great games = a pretty even matchup. GB at home, so naturally we get favored.

CaliforniaCheez
10-13-2008, 07:19 PM
If those indoor purple slime slugs could make it close, the Packers could win it.

It may be a 48-44 game but it is winnable.

I would say the best bet is to bet the over.

I wish the Packers played better at home.

texaspackerbacker
10-13-2008, 07:30 PM
The Colts are gonna be a hand full with Manning and Harrison back near full strength. And their D has been pretty solid even when the team has sputtered.

I'm picking the Packers, but not with a lot of confidence.

gbgary
10-13-2008, 09:55 PM
We're bound to win some games that we're not supposed to right?

i think we used up our allocation last year. none left. indy is officially back. it'll be over quick. :shock:

steve823
10-13-2008, 10:28 PM
Its going to be a good game. The decided factors in the end will be:

Can we pressure Manning?

Will our D-Line stop the run?

Can we provide a balanced attack and run the ball efficiently?

Play calling....on D we need to get pressure on Manning whether it takes blitzing or not and on offense we need to be unpredictable and not run every 1st down

GrnBay007
10-14-2008, 09:20 PM

Not too bad though...

Indianapolis 1½ GREEN BAY 47½

Partial
10-14-2008, 09:26 PM
Defenses' biggest test yet. I think they'll do OK since Indy evidently can't run.

SnakeLH2006
10-15-2008, 12:10 AM
I dunno....Manning has been injured, but that is what older QB's do as they get hurt, as he's gonna be 33 soon and has looked as shaky as I can remember him since his rookie year. Very inconsistent with poor passes, comp. %, and his OLine is shaky. If we keep the Ground game close on both sides, we have a chance. Either way, I doubt a shootout till we run the ball a bit better. Colts 24, Pack 20 as of right now.

bobblehead
10-15-2008, 01:44 AM

Not too bad though...

A 2 1/2 point line move is HUGE.

GrnBay007
10-15-2008, 08:15 AM

Not too bad though...

A 2 1/2 point line move is HUGE.

"Not too bad" was in reference to me thinking they would have been favored by more.