PDA

View Full Version : Justin Harrell

pittstang5
10-13-2008, 02:36 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Harrell can come off the Pup list this week or must be put on end of the season IR. if this is true, I'd imagine he comes off the PUP list, but who is let go to make room? Thoughts? I'm thinking the LB they just brought up from the PS.

mraynrand
10-13-2008, 02:49 PM
http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=15106&start=0

HarveyWallbangers
10-13-2008, 03:51 PM
I believe the Packers have 3 weeks to make a move on Harrell.

Gunakor
10-13-2008, 03:56 PM

He'll be active for the Colts game. He's eligible to come off PUP, and is reportedly healthier than he's ever been since being drafted. They REALLY need bodies at DT right now. Those guys are so gassed at the end of games because they rarely get a breather. Adding a 4th guy to the rotation will help immensely. They'll activate him immediately because they need him immediately.

Joemailman
10-13-2008, 04:33 PM

Pickett is questionable for this Sunday. I don't think they'll wait 3 weeks.

RashanGary
10-13-2008, 05:20 PM
This is put up or shut up time for Harrell. Somebody is going to have to be cut and last I checked, there aren't too many awfull players on this team. Giacomini hasn't done shit, but he's a developmental prospect and he's not a gimp, which is more than we can say of Harrell so far. Lasagna is a good special teamer and a legit linebacker prospect, worthy of taking a veteran standout on ST's spot on the roster.

Harrell has done nothing so far and we're going ot get rid of someone for him. I'm thinking it's Giacomini and I don't think it's that huge of a deal, but man, he better do something and stop making excuses for not showing up in shape.

falco
10-13-2008, 05:23 PM
This is put up or shut up time for Harrell. Somebody is going to have to be cut and last I checked, there aren't too many awfull players on this team. Giacomini hasn't done shit, but he's a developmental prospect and he's not a gimp, which is more than we can say of Harrell so far. Lasagna is a good special teamer and a legit linebacker prospect, worthy of taking a veteran standout on ST's spot on the roster.

Harrell has done nothing so far and we're going ot get rid of someone for him. I'm thinking it's Giacomini and I don't think it's that huge of a deal, but man, he better do something and stop making excuses for not showing up in shape.

i wonder if this message board existed in the early 90s if JH's name would be Tony Mandarich

Joemailman
10-13-2008, 05:28 PM
Pettway or Jason Hunter would be the likeliest guys to be cut IMHO.

Pugger
10-13-2008, 06:27 PM
With all the injuries to the D line, would TT cut any of them? How about everyone's favorite: J. Bush?

3irty1
10-13-2008, 06:29 PM
With all the injuries to the D line, would TT cut any of them? How about everyone's favorite: J. Bush?

Bush is safe because he has naked pictures of Ted Thompson.

CaliforniaCheez
10-13-2008, 06:47 PM
Healthier than he has ever been????????

It could be rustier than he has ever been.

While it is very welcome news after seeing Pickett get off the field slowly on Sunday, don't expect Harrell to save the season.

If there ever was a chance to avoid the bust label, and prove critics wrong, this is it for Harrell.

I would reccomend not having very high expectations for him. You will only be disappointed. He won't have 20 sacks this season or 200 tackles.

Having another warm body in the rotation is desperately needed. Expecting a Reggie White will only make your head hurt.

3irty1
10-13-2008, 06:50 PM
Healthier than he has ever been????????

It could be rustier than he has ever been.

While it is very welcome news after seeing Pickett get off the field slowly on Sunday, don't expect Harrell to save the season.

If there ever was a chance to avoid the bust label, and prove critics wrong, this is it for Harrell.

I would reccomend not having very high expectations for him. You will only be disappointed. He won't have 20 sacks this season or 200 tackles.

Having another warm body in the rotation is desperately needed. Expecting a Reggie White will only make your head hurt.

If he can keep some blockers off of Nick Barnett and company he can help the team.

Harlan Huckleby
10-13-2008, 06:52 PM

agreed, two questionable guys are better than one.

Gunakor
10-13-2008, 09:37 PM

agreed, two questionable guys are better than one.

Harrell is good to go. I don't think he's going to be listed as anything worse than probable if he's activated. Harrell says there's no pain at all, and could have played against Seattle had he not been placed on PUP to begin the season. If he's activated to the 53, he'll be in pads on gameday.