PDA

View Full Version : Reconnecting with Old Friends

SkinBasket
10-14-2008, 10:12 AM
So let's say someone you haven't talked to in like 8 years drops a line and says they want to reconnect. Are you pleasantly surprised or annoyed?

I'm annoyed but have trouble figuring out why. I think it's because I'm an antisocial, self-absorbed asshat who has trouble keeping up with the two or three people I talk to who aren't related to me. Hell, I only talk to two or three people who are related to me. This seems like work, this "reconnecting" business.

mraynrand
10-14-2008, 10:26 AM
So let's say someone you haven't talked to in like 8 years drops a line and says they want to reconnect. Are you pleasantly surprised or annoyed?

I'm annoyed but have trouble figuring out why. I think it's because I'm an antisocial, self-absorbed asshat who has trouble keeping up with the two or three people I talk to who aren't related to me. Hell, I only talk to two or three people who are related to me. This seems like work, this "reconnecting" business.

Just have them set up a password on Packerrats, offering to reconnect in the Romper Room or garbage can, and your problem should be solved.

Harlan Huckleby
10-14-2008, 11:15 AM
I got a better story for you. A guy I know who is in his 60's got a call from a woman who he last saw in 1972 in a sexual encounter. They were friends, lost contact. The woman called him up out of the blue, says she wants to come to town to visit him for three days, reconnect. There is a vague hint that she had his baby and never told him! If you are mathematically oriented, you probably already have figured that a 36-year-old man that looks like my friend may be walking the face of the earth.

My friend wants to entertain this woman for three days about as much as he would like to stick needles in his eyeballs. But he hates confrontation, so didn't want to say no. T-minus 7 days and the lady shows up at his doorstep.

Harlan Huckleby
10-14-2008, 11:32 AM

I was annoyed at your phone call.

You could have just asked me directly if you were feeling insecure. And I wouldn't say that the few words we exchanged at Red Letter News 8 years ago really counts as much of a friendship.

hoosier
10-14-2008, 12:44 PM
I got a better story for you. A guy I know who is in his 60's got a call from a woman who he last saw in 1972 in a sexual encounter. They were friends, lost contact. The woman called him up out of the blue, says she wants to come to town to visit him for three days, reconnect. There is a vague hint that she had his baby and never told him! If you are mathematically oriented, you probably already have figured that a 36-year-old man that looks like my friend may be walking the face of the earth.

My friend wants to entertain this woman for three days about as much as he would like to stick needles in his eyeballs. But he hates confrontation, so didn't want to say no. T-minus 7 days and the lady shows up at his doorstep.

Is there a statute of limitations for paternity suits?

Deputy Nutz
10-14-2008, 09:54 PM
Is this going to cut into "our" time?

GrnBay007
10-14-2008, 10:27 PM

Probably haven't been spending enough time with him so he created this thread to make you jealous. I hope you feel bad now.

SkinBasket
10-15-2008, 07:50 AM

No. I think she might be all religious or something now and is probably reaching out to old friends to appease the Lord. That's a guess, but from the tone and a couple hints in the e-mail, I would say it's a good one. So unless you're going to start talking Jesus to me, I think you'll still occupy a unique place in my life.

Deputy Nutz
10-15-2008, 10:33 AM

No. I think she might be all religious or something now and is probably reaching out to old friends to appease the Lord. That's a guess, but from the tone and a couple hints in the e-mail, I would say it's a good one. So unless you're going to start talking Jesus to me, I think you'll still occupy a unique place in my life.

I say we invite her along with us as either the designated driver, or some christian bitch we convince to get drunk and let us shove spare change in her underware. I love making moral religious types do preversed acts due to there hidden sexual aggression that are covered up with their overbearing religious beliefs.

Things just got more interesting.

SkinBasket
10-15-2008, 10:37 AM
I say we invite her along with us as either the designated driver, or some christian bitch we convince to get drunk and let us shove spare change in her underware. I love making moral religious types do preversed acts due to there hidden sexual aggression that are covered up with their overbearing religious beliefs.

Things just got more interesting.

I think she's gone religious because of her past sexual aggression and perverse acts, so I don't know if your plan will work. I'll let you know when she's in town though, if you still want to try.

Deputy Nutz
10-15-2008, 10:40 AM
you confirmed it, you just can't get rid of those nasty sexual desires, you of all people should understand that.

Don't be such a downer. Lets waste her and write a novel about it.

SkinBasket
10-15-2008, 10:46 AM
She's going to have a baby tomorrow, so we'll have to wait a few days.

Deputy Nutz
10-15-2008, 11:30 AM
You sure know a lot about her. Are you the FATHER????

Little Whiskey
10-15-2008, 12:24 PM
She's going to have a baby tomorrow, so we'll have to wait a few days.

mazzin?

mraynrand
10-15-2008, 12:32 PM
This thread is creepy.

MadtownPacker
10-15-2008, 12:44 PM
You sure know a lot about her. Are you the FATHER????http://www.braindrips.com/braindrips/MauryYouarethefather.jpg

MateoInMex
10-15-2008, 02:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt2i0ts-uck

CaChooka-Chook!!!

SkinBasket
10-15-2008, 02:50 PM
This thread is creepy.

It's only the moralistic brainwashing you've suffered at the hands of our Jeudo-Christian society that makes you say that.

mraynrand
10-15-2008, 03:58 PM
This thread is creepy.

It's only the moralistic brainwashing you've suffered at the hands of our Jeudo-Christian society that makes you say that.

Maybe I should wast some Judeo-Christians and write a novel about it. Better yet, I may masturbate while watching that cunt Sarah Palin give a campaign speech.

SkinBasket
10-15-2008, 04:06 PM
This thread is creepy.

Maybe I should wast some Judeo-Christians and write a novel about it. Better yet, I may masturbate while watching that cunt Sarah Palin give a campaign speech.

Yes brother! Continue to strain against those bonds that tie you down! Jerk it until you break something! It'll either be your manhood or the chains that sap your manhood from you! Either way you win!

MateoInMex
10-15-2008, 04:49 PM
This thread is creepy.

Palin's a GILF! Maybe a FLIRJ, but there's something that just doesn't do it for me. Oh yea, she's nuts! But I've fukked a few of those in my time. Come to think of it, when did any single guy in a bar say...

"hey that chick has really got a good head on her shoulders! Maybe I can take her back to my place and we'll discuss 18th century French poetry and dry hump 'cuz she's a virgin?!"

But Palin also has a daughter that I'm assuming is able to commence a YOUNG, REPUBLICAN MALE base... and get them to jerk off like retarded apes in a cage!

So I guess if you want to really move a political base, throw a couple of underage bones out there and see if it sticks like jello on the wall.

Tarlam!
10-15-2008, 06:06 PM

Whatever happened to the novel we were collectively writing??

Deputy Nutz
10-16-2008, 12:37 PM

You blew it.

Tarlam!
10-16-2008, 12:43 PM

You blew it.

Exactly how did I blow it? You and Skin took it to extremes, IIRC. Still, it was good.

Where is it?

Deputy Nutz
10-16-2008, 01:54 PM

You blew it.

Exactly how did I blow it? You and Skin took it to extremes, IIRC. Still, it was good.

Where is it?

don't know where it is exactly start a new one. Not hard, explain what you are doing and start it off.

mraynrand
10-16-2008, 01:58 PM
Not hard, explain what you are doing and start it off.

It was a dark and stormy night...

Tarlam!
10-16-2008, 02:55 PM

I'm not sure there are enough wannabe authers any more to wanna play.

Harlan Huckleby
10-16-2008, 08:16 PM

And Brett Favre had just heard from Ted Thompson that the team was moving on.