PDA

View Full Version : So long Pacman

red
10-14-2008, 01:47 PM
from pft

PACMAN JONES SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY
Posted by Michael David Smith on October 14, 2008, 2:42 p.m.

Dallas Cowboys cornerback Adam “Pacman” Jones has been suspended indefinitely.

Jones will be suspended without pay and will miss at least four games.

The NFL found that Jones was involved in an alcohol-related physical altercation and had therefore violated the terms of his reinstatement.

---------------------------

always fun when something blows up in jerry jones' face

oregonpackfan
10-14-2008, 01:53 PM
Good for the NFL! This is just logical consequences for consistent bad behavior.

Cheesehead Craig
10-14-2008, 01:56 PM
With Pacman and Romo out for the next 4 games, the Cowboys are looking very weak. Wouldn't surprise me if they go 1-3 over that stretch.

cheesner
10-14-2008, 02:09 PM
With Pacman and Romo out for the next 4 games, the Cowboys are looking very weak. Wouldn't surprise me if they go 1-3 over that stretch.
Not sure how much packman was helping them. Losing Romo, on the other hand, is much greater.

boiga
10-14-2008, 02:23 PM
Not sure how much packman was helping them. Losing Romo, on the other hand, is much greater.

Agreed, and losing Romo means that TO will go haywire by the end of that stretch. It's always fun to see him cussing out the O-Line, so at least this will be good TV.

Zool
10-14-2008, 02:27 PM
And their punter broke his foot.

steve823
10-14-2008, 02:29 PM
This is great. The cowboys arent so mighty anymore and the Giants finally showed how overrated they really were last night. I think its time for us to step up.

Tony Oday
10-14-2008, 03:05 PM
He's sittin at the bar on the inside
waitin for a ride on the outside

Jimx29
10-14-2008, 04:47 PM
Good

Letting him in was a big mistake in the first place.

DonHutson
10-14-2008, 05:07 PM
Felix Jones is out for a month or so, too.

All they got is what they deserved with Pacman. Too bad they missed the deadline to trade him to Cincinnati or Oakland. Maybe next year.

bobblehead
10-14-2008, 05:40 PM
This is why TT wouldn't give up much for randy moss. You mess around with bad character individuals it WILL bite you in the ass a healthy % of the time. NOw when TO melts down the cowpies will wonder how this happened to them.

mraynrand
10-14-2008, 05:52 PM
The NFL found that Jones was involved in an alcohol-related physical altercation

The NFL should have gone easy on him. He's just a kid and was probably stealing beer from a garage. Luckily he wasn't shot in the back by some kook who called 911.

mraynrand
10-14-2008, 05:53 PM
NOw when TO melts down the cowpies will wonder how this happened to them.

They'll throw the ball the Hershel Walker

MOBB DEEP
10-14-2008, 06:59 PM
his mama said "he just dont wanna do right." lol

Guiness
10-14-2008, 09:32 PM
well, I guess JJ's attempt to sweep this under the carpet didn't work. His idea of hiring a bodyguard to follow Adam Jones around didn't work, as this still got out. The bodyguard was supposed to run interference - I guess that's why he scuffled with him, to keep him from doing it with someone else. How did it get out? I guess that bodyguard's looking for a job now.

I can't believe he only got four games. After the league was so unsure if they'd even let him play this year, I figured any transgression, no matter how slight, would get him booted for the remainder of the season - kind of like an habitual offender thing!

edit: I see at sportsline they're calling it an indefinite suspension

mission
10-14-2008, 11:36 PM
This is why TT wouldn't give up much for randy moss. You mess around with bad character individuals it WILL bite you in the ass a healthy % of the time. NOw when TO melts down the cowpies will wonder how this happened to them.

And blow is he EVER! The stage is perfectly set for a big one too ... it's just gonna take one more game from here ... lol I love it!

SnakeLH2006
10-14-2008, 11:58 PM

And blow is he EVER! The stage is perfectly set for a big one too ... it's just gonna take one more game from here ... lol I love it!

Can't wait to see it too! Kinda giddy to see the TO meltdown in big D so we can get some more priceless pics of Jerry Jones with bewildered, sad, and waxman-ish plastic surgered fucked up looks. Anyone catch out TO on Sportcenter after the game telling a reporter, like a punk, "What part of NO don't you understand."...while dressed like a complete moron in a yellow who-framed-Waldo get-up? What a fool!

Cheesehead Craig
10-15-2008, 08:35 AM

Agreed, and losing Romo means that TO will go haywire by the end of that stretch. It's always fun to see him cussing out the O-Line, so at least this will be good TV.
Pacman was their starting CB and they really don't have that great of depth behind him. Pacman may be a dink off the field, but he was a very good CB. They are going to have a huge dropoff in coverage quality. We've seen with the Pack what happens when backups start getting more playing time when they are not ready, the Cowboys pass D is going to be worse and teams are going to start scoring more on the Cowboys.

Scott Campbell
10-15-2008, 10:09 AM
I saw Pacman as being a adequate CB, but somewhat disappointing in terms of his draft status and hype.

Deputy Nutz
10-15-2008, 10:21 AM
The NFL found that Jones was involved in an alcohol-related physical altercation

The NFL should have gone easy on him. He's just a kid and was probably stealing beer from a garage. Luckily he wasn't shot in the back by some kook who called 911.

This makes me laugh cherrios threw my nose.

Tarlam!
10-15-2008, 02:19 PM
Well, not knowing the full story doesn't help. I think Goodell is using this kid as an example. It's too bad.

I know a lot of posters are down on Jones because of the bouncer in the wheelchair and that is an incident that isn't adequately described by the term "unfortunate".

But, the league set out his punishment and he paid his dues. I believe he should have been given a clean slate or, not been re-admitted at all. It seems this last offense was bagatelle.

Patler
10-15-2008, 02:54 PM
Well, not knowing the full story doesn't help. I think Goodell is using this kid as an example. It's too bad.

I know a lot of posters are down on Jones because of the bouncer in the wheelchair and that is an incident that isn't adequately described by the term "unfortunate".

But, the league set out his punishment and he paid his dues. I believe he should have been given a clean slate or, not been re-admitted at all. It seems this last offense was bagatelle.

What's wrong with a middle ground, of re-instatement with conditions? For him that should have been preferable to sitting out another season. Apparently he was told that an alcohol related incident would lead to another suspension. He didn't change his life style enough, and now he is paying for it.

I don't have a problem with a "no tolerance" attitude with a re-instated player who runs into trouble in exactly the same environment that got him in trouble earlier.

Zool
10-15-2008, 02:55 PM

Part of his probation for a court ruling in Georgia was that Jones was not to have alcohol of any kind. He was drinking and therefore in violation of his probation. Part of his reinstatement back to the NFL stated that he must complete all of his probation.

The guy fucks up continually. He's not being made an example of. He's a moron with everything to lose and no idea how to stay on it.

Tarlam!
10-15-2008, 03:08 PM
OK, Patler, Zool, call me stupid, but the guy paid his NFL dues.

It's not like a suspended sentence in the real world. The NFL said to Jones, you will sit and be clean for 12 months and then, we'll think about letting you back in.

They let him back in. Maybe they shouldn't have, but they did.

He did his time and I say, the NFL should not have attached any strings after he did his time. He shoulda had a clean slate.

I am all for punishing renegades. I have no reason to stick up for Jones, personally. It's just the principle of the thing.

Deputy Nutz
10-15-2008, 03:17 PM
OK, Patler, Zool, call me stupid, but the guy paid his NFL dues.

It's not like a suspended sentence in the real world. The NFL said to Jones, you will sit and be clean for 12 months and then, we'll think about letting you back in.

He did his time and I say, the NFL should not have attached any strings after he did his time. He shoulda had a clean slate.

I am all for punishing renegades. I have no reason to stick up for Jones, personally. It's just the principle of the thing.

The guy is a continual black eye for the league, he hasn't had one season in the NFL without an incident. He can't keep himself out of trouble. The slate doesn't get wiped clean, he has a history and that history will follow him regardless of his last suspension. He is a royal fuck up that doesn't deserve the honor of playing in the NFL. Guys like him, and Chris Henry are being made an example, something that should have been done years ago in the NFL.

Besides, lets say a guy gets suspended for a year because of drug use, does his slate get wiped clean after he is reinstated? No after the year suspension you are booted out of the league if you are busted again, ala Dexter Manley.

Patler
10-15-2008, 03:38 PM

I agree, the NFL told him he would sit for a year, and then they would think about letting him back in. When the year came and went, they thought about it and decided to let him back in with conditions. I suppose he could have refused their offer of conditional reinstatement.

Who ever said reinstatement had to be "with a clean slate"?

Cheesehead Craig
10-15-2008, 03:48 PM
I love Mark Schlereth's comments on the guy. I'm paraphrasing here:

He stated that Pacman loves the lifestyle and prestige that comes with being a football player. He loves idea of it more than actually playing the game. Mark said that the guy only thinks of himself as it's obvious by his actions and if he was Jerry Jones he would kick him off the team now. Send a message that this won't be tolerated.

I highly doubt any GM is going to sign him and his career is essentially over.

Tarlam!
10-15-2008, 04:11 PM

Well, I did. He did the crime and the time. My suggestion is quite simple.

Patler
10-15-2008, 04:34 PM

Well, I did. He did the crime and the time. My suggestion is quite simple.

Think of it as him having been let out early, on probation, for "good behavior" so to speak. They never told him a year was his full sentence. Since they could have decided to not reinstate him, it was certainly within their prerogative to let him back with conditions attached.

I'm just trying to help you here Tarlam! You'll hate yourself in the future if you side with Pacman on this one! :D :D

Tarlam!
10-15-2008, 04:38 PM
Yeah, Patler, I know I'm on a deserted island on this one. I'm not siding with Jones, I'm just saying what I think is right.

MateoInMex
10-15-2008, 06:07 PM
I guess if there was an altercation, I'd like to read the police report to get the full story.

What? There was no police report? Were the police even called? No? Jesus Christ, well maybe the bodyguard got out of pocket. Pac Man Jones isn't a smart individual, we all know that.

But I think you have to look at what happened, and judge on events from that specific incident. But I guess there are none since there aren't any reports available. If absolute sobriety is an issue, then Adam would have to submit to one or more alcohol tests, wouldn't he? (Someone who's an attorney, help me here...I'm just getting ready to dabble in law)

After everything PacMan Jones has done, has been accused of, has been suspended for, this seems a little harsh. Or is this JJ's answer to Adam Jone's being a bust in Dallas?

For some reason, and I in noway am a fan of Adam Jones or the Dallas Cowboys, it seems Pacman Jones is looking more like a scapegoat for what seems to be an inferior football team that was picked to reach the Superbowl in the pre-season.

"Hey, our whole hors 'd oeurves tray is gone and the party isn't even over yet.....LET'S BLAME THE FAT GUY and not Dan Akroyd who was caught stuffing a whole ham and a baguette roll down his Santa suit on the bus."

As Chris Havel put it "Jerry Jones is rolling into the pre-stages of Al Davis."

Tarlam!
10-15-2008, 06:36 PM
Seems my island just got less deserted.