PDA

View Full Version : Will Lions Wim a Game?

Joemailman
10-14-2008, 08:14 PM
In addition to trading Roy Williams (a good move), Lions have now put Kitna on IR. This means that they will have Dan Orlovsky and/or Drew Stanton throwing to Calvin Williams and.... :huh: . That could be one ugly offense on a team without a very good defense.

On the bright side, they have a great shot at the top pick of the draft, which coupled with the picks they get from Dallas could make for an interesting draft.

DonHutson
10-14-2008, 08:17 PM
In addition to trading Roy Williams (a good move), Lions have now put Kitna on IR. This means that they will have Dan Orlovsky and/or Drew Stanton throwing to Calvin Williams and.... :huh: . That could be one ugly offense on a team without a very good defense.

On the bright side, they have a great shot at the top pick of the draft, which coupled with the picks they get from Dallas could make for an interesting draft.

Dare I suggest they have a hole at WR now?

steve823
10-14-2008, 08:25 PM
lol...they really need this draft to come. If I were a Lions fan I wouldn't watch the season I would just wait for the draft

Brando19
10-14-2008, 08:28 PM
The Lions are sitting pretty in the draft...but knowing them...they'll package all their day one picks to go up and draft a bust.

Patler
10-14-2008, 08:29 PM
The Lions are sitting pretty in the draft...but knowing them...they'll package all their day one picks to go up and draft a bust.

In order to move up in the draft they may have to trade with themselves!

BallHawk
10-14-2008, 08:40 PM
I'll go out on a wim and say they will.

retailguy
10-14-2008, 08:57 PM
It is harder to lose all 16 games than it is to win one. They'll win one, probably two.

Brando19
10-14-2008, 09:12 PM

In order to move up in the draft they may have to trade with themselves!

Always looking ahead...I've been Patlerized! It'll be a hard fought battle between the Bengals and the Lions for that number 1 spot.

Partial
10-14-2008, 09:13 PM
Why is Kitna on IR? I'd be pissed if I was healthy and and they did that. Is he hurt?

Joemailman
10-14-2008, 09:14 PM
It is harder to lose all 16 games than it is to win one. They'll win one, probably two.

Now we know why you're the Kool-Aid Rat. :lol:

Guiness
10-14-2008, 09:54 PM
The reasonably good O is now mostly gone...Kitna could've won them one by laying off the INTs for a game, but that's out the window now.

I do think they'll still win a game though. I thought last year was the year we'd finally see a team go 0-16. A lot liked Miami to do it, but I thought the Raiders might pull it off. I also thought St-L was looking good for it.

Short answer is they'll likely squeak at least one out.

Joemailman
10-14-2008, 10:22 PM
Why is Kitna on IR? I'd be pissed if I was healthy and and they did that. Is he hurt?

He hurt his back 2 weeks ago, and did not play last week. However, on Monday he did say he expected to play again this year.
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=471809

SnakeLH2006
10-15-2008, 12:02 AM
Of course they'll win a game..prob. 2 or 3. Yet that trade was awesome fleecing the Cowboys for an overrated, declining (in his last 3 years) WR that will clash with TO. They got good pick next year and with new management may be good in a few years. Yet the shitty thing for us, Packer fans, is that this means EVERYONE else in the NFC will smoke 'em too meaning it may now take 10 wins to make the NFC playoffs.