PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Qb's you wouldn't want to play right now?.....

SnakeLH2006
10-15-2008, 12:29 AM
Wow...big shakeups since day 1 with Brady out. Palmer hurt and looking poor. Brett on a new team. Arod playing hurt. Romo maybe out for a bit. Manning kinda wobbly.

Here's your chance to post your top 10 QB's in value to their team right now...and who you wouldn't want to face as they will prob. beat you by themselves given a chance (not best teams, just best playing QB's that will give their team a chance).

My list with some info:

1) Kurt Warner...the guady numbers are back but this is one tough mofo that just wins baby. He is pretty damn hot. Maybe another MVP??
2) Brett Favre...on pace for 42 td's with a new offense and tough as hell. Also see #1. Iron Man baby!
3) Big Ben...His numbers are good, but he plays tough and takes that team on his back. I'd like to drink a beer with this dude.
4) McNabb...see #3.
5) P. Rivers....see #3 and #4...as he's busted his bitch boy persona in my eyes after last years playoffs.
6) Drew Brees....insane numbers and tough to stop. He will score points.
7) Cutler...one cocky mofo putting up lots of points for Denver.
8) Eli...he's gained my respect and gotten much better as a leader expecting to win.
9) Romo..kind of hurt right now..but big numbers hard to stop without a tool of girlfriend to distract him.
10) Peyton...banged up and looks human but shit he threw up 21 in 4 min. 9 days ago to beat Houston.

NOTE...With Romo hurt..I leaned towards putting Arod on here (as he's close at #11 in my book), as I like him and he's doing ok, but he needs to get some big game cred to make this list.....Playing hurt is tough, but this is about who's hard to win against as a QB taking a game over.

I'm sure he'll get his opportunity to move up this list by the end of the season if he stays healthy, but peeps aren't gameplanning on him yet till he wins some more games.

What's your take as this isn't the best QB, but who's hot right now and who wouldn't you want to face?

bobblehead
10-15-2008, 01:38 AM
I would least like to face brett favre as it wouldn't matter win or lose a whole donnybrook would break out on PR and we wouldn't be able to get another thread working...

OK, seriously. I like Big Ben....and I have met him. Down to earth...cocky, but funny (made fun of romo for sitting poolside with a boombox playing jessica simpson at the probowl last year.) And he has those gaudy numbers for making plays after contact. He can make plays all by his lonesome. Sort of favre like at that point in his career. YOur watching the game..the D has him stoned...then he bounces off the DE, rolls out, and hits a WR who has had 17 seconds to get open....boom, great 3rd and 11 defensive play is down the drain.

SnakeLH2006
10-15-2008, 01:43 AM
I would least like to face brett favre as it wouldn't matter win or lose a whole donnybrook would break out on PR and we wouldn't be able to get another thread working...

OK, seriously. I like Big Ben....and I have met him. Down to earth...cocky, but funny (made fun of romo for sitting poolside with a boombox playing jessica simpson at the probowl last year.) And he has those gaudy numbers for making plays after contact. He can make plays all by his lonesome. Sort of favre like at that point in his career. YOur watching the game..the D has him stoned...then he bounces off the DE, rolls out, and hits a WR who has had 17 seconds to get open....boom, great 3rd and 11 defensive play is down the drain.

HAHHAA...if Romo really did that, as I've learned to like him, his whole cred is toilet as J. Simpson is an untalented skank, but he really did that???? If true, he's done in my book as he could do much better.....Makes sense how he tanked games when she showed her presence. Damn. Can this be verified? As ARod goes to #10 then and Romo drops if that is what he cares about...How sad. :shock: :cry:

Tony Oday
10-15-2008, 09:05 AM
Are you kidding I would LOVE to play Favre absolutely LOVE it! That would be a 5 int game EASY. Favre has shown in the past he gets too jacked up for these games and that leads him to start trying to live up to the legend which in turn leads to mistakes...he would be the easiest QB on that list to play.

oregonpackfan
10-15-2008, 11:04 AM
One QB I would not want to play right now is the quarterback the Packers are facing this weekend--Peyton Manning! The guy is highly intelligent and very well prepared. He is noted for spending many hours studying game film.

If Manning gets good protection and has time to pass, he can pick apart virtually any defense. The way to beat him is a strong pass rush as he is not very mobile.

The Packers will have their hands full with him this weekend, IMO.

packerbacker1234
10-15-2008, 07:00 PM
favre or Warner. Aren't those the two top scoring pruducing QB's in the NFL right now?

Not many are really playing better. Manning hasn't looked good till last game.

(to note, t he 21 in 4 minutes two weeks ago was really 14 - the D had a score).

SnakeLH2006
10-17-2008, 01:15 AM
favre or Warner. Aren't those the two top scoring pruducing QB's in the NFL right now?

Not many are really playing better. Manning hasn't looked good till last game.

(to note, t he 21 in 4 minutes two weeks ago was really 14 - the D had a score).

Well it would be contradictory to disagree as they were 1-2 on my list. I was giving Manning the benefit of the doubt yet he's played almost Manning-like the last 64 minutes of his games. He's still good, but he doesn't scare me like a few years back. He can be gameplanned and schemed now that he is looking older and injured with a shitty O-line...thus the drop on my list. I doubt Manning EVER gets back to lights-out status, yet he's dangerous, just saying he's vulnerable now with his knee, rustiness, crappy O-line. Go Packers...blitz that mofo!