PDA

View Full Version : What if????

Patler
10-15-2008, 11:11 AM
What if the Packers had completed the trade for Gonzales. Who would they have released? It seems unlikely they would have kept 4 TEs. Lee, Humphrey, Finley; one surely would have been released. Lee is the starter, Finley drafted for the future, so it is easy to say Humphrey would have been released. But, they like Humphrey. In my opinion, Finley has been lousy all the way around, is a completely disinterested blocker, and has been bad on special teams.

I wonder if there was any discussion of giving KC a draft pick and one of our three tight ends?

mraynrand
10-15-2008, 11:56 AM
What if the Packers had completed the trade for Gonzales. Who would they have released? It seems unlikely they would have kept 4 TEs. Lee, Humphrey, Finley; one surely would have been released. Lee is the starter, Finley drafted for the future, so it is easy to say Humphrey would have been released. But, they like Humphrey. In my opinion, Finley has been lousy all the way around, is a completely disinterested blocker, and has been bad on special teams.

I wonder if there was any discussion of giving KC a draft pick and one of our three tight ends?

I get the impression that TT really likes his TEs and probably didn't want to give any of them up for Gonzales. He probably thinks Lee and Humphrey will last longer and that Finley has a huge upside. Humphrey probably would have been the guy to go, but he's the only one of the three that can block reasonably well. TT was in a bind in a sense, because Gonzales doesn't block any better than what's already on the team. Blocking might have gotten worse with Gonzales added and Humphrey released.

RashanGary
10-15-2008, 12:09 PM
I thought Kuhn would be released and Humphrey trained as a FB/HB/TE type. Kuhn seems to have the lowest upside and Humprhey has that FB type build as well as already playing in that position behind the line for pass pro/run blcoking now.

Fritz
10-15-2008, 12:13 PM
Interesting possibility - trading Finley and a pick. But maybe the Chiefs weren't high on Finley, after seeing him on film withe the Pack.