PDA

View Full Version : Addai out Sunday vs Packers

Brando19
10-15-2008, 03:43 PM
Just heard Joseph Addai will miss 2-4 weeks with a hamstring injury and Mike Hart is out for the year. The Colts will start Dominic Rhodes v.s. the Packers. I guess that's good news....buuuuut....mini-me could put up 100 yards rushing versus our run defense.

boiga
10-15-2008, 04:29 PM
Still, having them down to their third RB certainly helps our chances. With Harrell back and Pickett hopefully playing, our run D should be stronger. Considering the way that even the pedestrian Cole upped his game last week, I'm thinking our run D is on the upswing.

If we can keep them in third and long, our chances of winning this game will have doubled.

Gunakor
10-15-2008, 04:37 PM
Aren't they near the bottom of the league in rushing as is?

Fritz
10-15-2008, 04:58 PM
I just keep having flashbacks to the last time these two teams played. Peyton Manning was making third-and-seventeen look like a pattycake game.

Sigh. The pass rush better be there or he's going to eat the Packers alive.

arcilite
10-15-2008, 04:59 PM
Thats a shame... I know it will be better for the PAckers. But as a fan I want every team we play to be full strength, that way its easier to tell how good the Packers actually are.

Tarlam!
10-15-2008, 05:43 PM
Thats a shame... I know it will be better for the PAckers. But as a fan I want every team we play to be full strength, that way its easier to tell how good the Packers actually are.

I know what you're saying, but, we don't know how good our team really is with all our walking wounded let alone our IR list.

I'll take a banged up opponent this season any time.

gbgary
10-15-2008, 07:41 PM
I'll take a banged up opponent this season any time.

damn right!!

pittstang5
10-16-2008, 12:03 PM
I just keep having flashbacks to the last time these two teams played. Peyton Manning was making third-and-seventeen look like a pattycake game.

Sigh. The pass rush better be there or he's going to eat the Packers alive.

Absolutely Fritz! I realize this is a different team compared to the last time they played, but if the defense doesn't get consistent pressure on Peyton, we are in for a long game. I'm sure Sanders will run his base D (rushing four) and I'm willing to bet that this is not going to produce anything. If Sanders was going to finally let some guys blitz and try to hide it, this game would be the time to do it.

MadtownPacker
10-16-2008, 01:17 PM
I hope the Colts try to make this the Manning show. I think that will play into the Packers favor. Yes pressure is not good but the DBs are out there all over the field making plays. I think Woodson, Williams, Rouse and Collins can get the job done well enough to win this game. Manning trust his WRs to make plays so CW will have a chance to do what he does. Tramon will be going for his 4th pick in 4 games so he will want to catch something. Collins is like 5th in the NFL for INTs and after Harrison and Wayne the Colts are nobodies. I dont know why but I like this match up.

boiga
10-16-2008, 01:43 PM
I have high hopes for that match up as well, Madtown.

Even better news is that Bigby practiced today, looked good and could very well be playing on Sunday. That will hopefully shore up the middle of the field for us against RB's and tight ends.

GoPackGo
10-16-2008, 02:03 PM
after Harrison and Wayne the Colts are nobodies. I dont know why but I like this match up.

Thats actually not true at all. Even if Woodson and Williams can do a decent job containing Wayne and Harrison, there is noone on the Packers who can cover Anthony Gonzales and Dallas Clark.

MadtownPacker
10-16-2008, 02:25 PM
Thats actually not true at all. Even if Woodson and Williams can do a decent job containing Wayne and Harrison, there is noone on the Packers who can cover Anthony Gonzales and Dallas Clark.CMon, those dudes?? :lol:

Guiness
10-16-2008, 06:34 PM
While I agree that we match up very favorably in the secondary, we do have to get some pressure up front to force PM to get a throw out in decent time.

Given enough time, any receiver will eventually get open if he's allowed to make the CB chase him all over the place. If PM gets time to do some 7 step drops, and you have to use an egg timer to figure out how much time he has to throw, we're toast.

boiga
10-16-2008, 07:04 PM
True enough guinness, but the success of our pass rush requires stopping the run on 1st and 2nd down. Other than AK 74, the only guy in our D-line with a chance of catching Peyton is KGB, and he is only effective in obvious pass situations.

So, if we can stop the run game and get some long distance 3rd downs, our pass rush will be much more effective and we'll have a shot of winning this game.

If we can't stop the run, we're screwed.

BobDobbs
10-16-2008, 07:17 PM
Other than AK 74, the only guy in our D-line with a chance of catching Peyton is KGB, and he is only effective in obvious pass situations.

It's possible that you were in a deeeep sleep for the last year and a half, but KGB can be blocked by a lump of turf right now. I love him, but I look away when he pass rushes because that is a sight no one should see. On the other hand, we DO have Colin Cole who is just starting to get his sack attack in gear!

GoPackGo
10-16-2008, 08:36 PM
The Indianapolis Star reports that running back Joseph Addai has not been ruled out for Sunday's game. "When we get to the end of the week, there might even be some thoughts to play him (Sunday), but we've got a lot of time left in this season," coach Tony Dungy said. "Rather than rush him back too quick, my sense is we'll go with these three guys."

boiga
10-18-2008, 07:18 PM
He's out, it's official: http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/18/joseph-addai-out-sunday/

MadtownPacker
10-20-2008, 09:27 AM
I hope the Colts try to make this the Manning show. I think that will play into the Packers favor. Yes pressure is not good but the DBs are out there all over the field making plays. I think Woodson, Williams, Rouse and Collins can get the job done well enough to win this game. Manning trust his WRs to make plays so CW will have a chance to do what he does. Tramon will be going for his 4th pick in 4 games so he will want to catch something. Collins is like 5th in the NFL for INTs and after Harrison and Wayne the Colts are nobodies. I dont know why but I like this match up.Told you hoes the DBs where gonna handle bizness. :mrgreen: