PDA

View Full Version : Romo to play Sunday?

Brando19
10-15-2008, 08:07 PM
From PFT:

Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo, who suffered a broken pinkie on Sunday and who was supposed to miss four-to-five weeks, has informed coaches that he plans to play on Sunday, according to Matt Mosley of ESPN.com.

Romo didn’t practice on Wednesday, but threw balls on the side. Eyewitnesses told Mosley that Romo threw the ball with “good velocity” and “appeared confident.”

The final decision apparently will be made by someone other than Romo. For his part, however, he’s apparently willing to try to play.

The Cowboys face the Rams on Sunday in St. Louis.

Brando19
10-15-2008, 08:08 PM
I guess Favre telling Romo to not act like a pussy has payed off...

From PFT:

Though the Ronnie Lott/some guy from some small college we’ve never heard of amputation option isn’t viable for Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo and his fractured pinkie, biting the bullet and playing through the injury is.

Jets quarterback Brett Favre reportedly has advised Romo to suck it up and play, and Romo was scheduled to try to throw the ball in practice on Wednesday.

During this week’s Monday Night Countdown on ESPN, Trent Dilfer was explaining that Romo’s throwing motion will make it harder to play with a broken pinkie, and that quarterbacks who use a different motion wouldn’t be as limited. We’d be more specific, but we were partially hypnotized by Dilfer’s gigantic head.

Regardless of whether the quarterback is Romo or Brad Johnson or Brooks Bollinger or Babe Laufenberg, we’re troubled by the addition of Roy Williams to a lengthy cast of skill-position players. Unless the league revises its rules to permit a multiball option, the Cowboys quarterback will have a hard time keeping everyone happy.

Bretsky
10-15-2008, 08:49 PM
From PFT:

Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo, who suffered a broken pinkie on Sunday and who was supposed to miss four-to-five weeks, has informed coaches that he plans to play on Sunday, according to Matt Mosley of ESPN.com.

Romo didn’t practice on Wednesday, but threw balls on the side. Eyewitnesses told Mosley that Romo threw the ball with “good velocity” and “appeared confident.”

The final decision apparently will be made by someone other than Romo. For his part, however, he’s apparently willing to try to play.

Wishful thinking :lol: :wink:

Brando19
10-15-2008, 08:56 PM
From PFT:

:lol: Duh! If not...I'll be forced to start Matt Ryan...assuming I get him tomorrow b/c it's pending.

Bretsky
10-15-2008, 08:58 PM
From PFT:

:lol: Duh! If not...I'll be forced to start Matt Ryan...assuming I get him tomorrow b/c it's pending.

Better hope you have a better waiver position than I do :lol: :wink:

I'm history but I'm just going to be the pest that makes things harder on everybody else.

BTW, I want Slaton Back; Grant has been a bum :!: :lol:

packers11
10-15-2008, 09:02 PM
Matt Ryan is on a bye week... :lol: :lol: :lol:

th87
10-16-2008, 03:47 AM
Gee, thanks Favre! Make life harder for the Packers why don't you.

:)

Tarlam!
10-16-2008, 04:01 AM

I know your comment was tongue-in-cheek, but, I am somewhat ticked that he would call Romo and ignore A-Rod.

Sure, the Packers owe Favre a tonne (apart from the fact that he was compensated excellently) of gratitude. But the Packers made Favre, too. He was a 3rd stringer in Atlanta and a bum until Wolf drafted and Holmgren moulded him.

I respect the hell out of the guy. I loved watching him play live last year. I just wish he'd have the same decency towards A-Rod as he has to a frickin' Cowpuke.

th87
10-16-2008, 04:53 AM

I know your comment was tongue-in-cheek, but, I am somewhat ticked that he would call Romo and ignore A-Rod.

Sure, the Packers owe Favre a tonne (apart from the fact that he was compensated excellently) of gratitude. But the Packers made Favre, too. He was a 3rd stringer in Atlanta and a bum until Wolf drafted and Holmgren moulded him.

I respect the hell out of the guy. I loved watching him play live last year. I just wish he'd have the same decency towards A-Rod as he has to a frickin' Cowpuke.

I completely agree with you. Rodgers has said that he and Favre hadn't talked since he retired. They also didn't talk to each other at the ESPYs, even though they were in the same venue.

What could possibly have prevented that?

I think there's some beef between the two.

th87
10-16-2008, 04:55 AM
Oh shit! I didn't know it was definitively true.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/packers/2008-10-15-rodgers-favre_N.htm?csp=34

MadtownPacker
10-16-2008, 08:04 AM

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/packers/2008-10-15-rodgers-favre_N.htm?csp=34Wow, an article saying they dont talk. Man, talk about stirring up drama. That should be National Inquirer news not USA today.

MOBB DEEP
10-16-2008, 09:10 AM

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/packers/2008-10-15-rodgers-favre_N.htm?csp=34Wow, an article saying they dont talk. Man, talk about stirring up drama. That should be National Inquirer news not USA today.

he he

Tarlam!
10-16-2008, 11:53 AM

What run over your liver, Mad?

Brett is a prick for not calling an old team mate and calling a cowpuke. Even if the cowpuke involved stems from Cheeseland.

th87 isn't "starting" anything. He (AND I) are merely observers. I don't know why you're going after him over this.

MadtownPacker
10-16-2008, 01:06 PM

Brett is a prick for not calling an old team mate and calling a cowpuke. Even if the cowpuke involved stems from Cheeseland.

th87 isn't "starting" anything. He (AND I) are merely observers. I don't know why you're going after him over this.My liver is fine. The lungs might be getting jacked up though.

I recall reading where Romo and Favre would speak a few times during the season. Maybe Favre likes something about him who knows. But to call him on not calling Rodgers about being injured is insane and ridiculous in my mind. Could it be perceived as shit talking? Maybe reminding ARod what the standard in Green Bay at QB is? Maybe he is pressuring ARod to play through an injury when ARod is already feeling a huge monkey on his back about missing a game??? You think about it that way and in this situation Favre cannot call Rodgers.

Youre right I shouldn't be going after TH on this, I should be going after both of you. You are crazy and will take flight without notice but I am extremely surprised TH hasn't seen the big picture on this like he usually does. Either way I just dont see how you both can realistically expect that call to happen. I would bet Rodgers wouldn't want the call anyways.

Tarlam!
10-16-2008, 01:14 PM
Well, in my mind, Brett not calling A-Rod and calling Romo is crapola.

In fact, everything Brett didn't do with A-Rod sucks.

He is prepared to mentor a cowpuke, but not a Packer?? Did Majic-Man ignore Favre, too? Is that where he lea´rned how to be a dick?

I respect all of Favre's achievements, but the guy is really pissing me off with his anti-Packers stance of late.

mmmdk
10-16-2008, 01:24 PM

th87 isn't "starting" anything. He (AND I) are merely observers. I don't know why you're going after him over this.My liver is fine. The lungs might be getting jacked up though.

I recall reading where Romo and Favre would speak a few times during the season. Maybe Favre likes something about him who knows. But to call him on not calling Rodgers about being injured is insane and ridiculous in my mind. Could it be perceived as shit talking? Maybe reminding ARod what the standard in Green Bay at QB is? Maybe he is pressuring ARod to play through an injury when ARod is already feeling a huge monkey on his back about missing a game??? You think about it that way and in this situation Favre cannot call Rodgers.

Youre right I shouldn't be going after TH on this, I should be going after both of you. You are crazy and will take flight without notice but I am extremely surprised TH hasn't seen the big picture on this like he usually does. Either way I just dont see how you both can realistically expect that call to happen. I would bet Rodgers wouldn't want the call anyways.

Brett is a star (or sun god) with sunshine coming out of his a@@; hence he provides the photosynthesis giving Wisconsin life. :roll: A lot of stars live in their Mickey Mouse bubble worlds and think the world of themselves; Brett has become Mickey Mouse. And Mad is right about one thing; Rodgers doesn't give sh!t about Favre not calling. Nota bene; Rodgers could join Brett one day, time will tell, but he's nowhere near a Mickey Mouse world as of now.

Personally; I don't care about the Brat Favre Mickey Mouse world one bit.

I'm with Shatner: Get a life!

Bretsky
10-16-2008, 05:19 PM
Well, in my mind, Brett not calling A-Rod and calling Romo is crapola.

In fact, everything Brett didn't do with A-Rod sucks.

He is prepared to mentor a cowpuke, but not a Packer?? Did Majic-Man ignore Favre, too? Is that where he lea´rned how to be a dick?

I respect all of Favre's achievements, but the guy is really pissing me off with his anti-Packers stance of late.

Whether you agree or not Favre thinks the Packers shit all over him; it would greatly surprise me if he gave AROD a call.

GBRulz
10-16-2008, 07:23 PM
My God, who gives a shit if Favre did or didn't called Aaron? Do you know for a fact that he didn't? What's next...people thinking it's double crapola because Favre didn't call Hasselbeck? I mean, they were teammates, too.

:roll:

Zool
10-16-2008, 07:30 PM
My God, who gives a shit if Favre did or didn't called Aaron?

I'm gonna go with.....ESPN and Sprint/Verizon.

mraynrand
10-16-2008, 07:42 PM

Congratulations! You are the winner of the common sense award. No one should care.

Brando19
10-16-2008, 07:58 PM
From PFT:

Better hope you have a better waiver position than I do :lol: :wink:

I'm history but I'm just going to be the pest that makes things harder on everybody else.

BTW, I want Slaton Back; Grant has been a bum :!: :lol:

I guess Ballhawk beat me to Matt Ryan. Sorry about Grant...but Slaton is treating me rather well. 8-)

Hopefully Grant rebounds and has a kick ass season from here on out and scores you a million points. By the way...why did you dump Marvin Harrison?

Zool
10-16-2008, 08:05 PM
Oh yeah? Well I drafted Matt Ryan.....Let that soak in for a minute then ask why I'm 2-4.

Tarlam!
10-16-2008, 09:49 PM

Congratulations! You are the winner of the common sense award. No one should care.

I care. And if I had any common sense why would I hang here? 8-)

SnakeLH2006
10-17-2008, 12:39 AM

I care. And if I had any common sense why would I hang here? 8-)

So in your esteemed opinion, Favre should:

1) Call Arod because they were teammates (Arod took his job and I doubt Deanna has Arod's Xmas cards near the top of the list in a month or two, regardless.)
2) Not call Romo because they, the Cowboys, are rivals of the Packers (Favre does not play for GB anymore, so why should he care?)
3) Just whither and die (because he caused you such distress in how he dealt with TT over his job, not yours.)

Makes perfect sense. Awesome post as usual Tarlam. Please email me a memo as we are just dying to get tips on how to be better posters. Thank you sir! :thank:

Patler
10-17-2008, 01:10 AM

1) Call Arod because they were teammates (Arod took his job and I doubt Deanna has Arod's Xmas cards near the top of the list in a month or two, regardless.)

Some might argue that Favre gave his job away.

If the Favres hold any animosity at all toward Aaron Rodgers for what transpired, they would be very, very petty. Rodgers had nothing to do with it, other than preparing himself the best that he could, which is what any professional athlete should do.

SnakeLH2006
10-17-2008, 01:51 AM

Some might argue that Favre gave his job away.

If the Favres hold any animosity at all toward Aaron Rodgers for what transpired, they would be very, very petty. Rodgers had nothing to do with it, other than preparing himself the best that he could, which is what any professional athlete should do.

I'm not insinuating that Brett should have/or does have animosity towards Arod, far the contraire...I'm saying that that if they weren't great buddies, why should Brett have to call him. Should he call everyone? Seems like it was blown out of proportion on who he should/shouldn't call is all. I think Brett respects Arod but doesn't go out of his way because he doesn't have to.

Patler, I love your posts, your logic defies most of logic known to average folk like us...you are great but hear me out..lol.

If you were moving houses tommorow, it would not make sense for you to expect me to help you move vs. if I had a buddy I grew up with who was moving. Tarlam was implying it was sheisty to turn your back on Arod and call Romo. Would you be mad if I didn't help you move even though I respect your posting, yet helped a buddy I grew up with move? You shouldn't yet that is what I was getting at. Favre and Arod weren't the best of pals, but it seems they respected each other. For another poster to imply that Favre was malicious to call one QB and not another is ridiculous....as I'm sure that you can understand the logic behind that.

Patler
10-17-2008, 02:03 AM
I'm not insinuating that Brett should have/or does have animosity towards Arod, far the contraire...I'm saying that that if they weren't great buddies, why should Brett have to call him. Should he call everyone? Seems like it was blown out of proportion on who he should/shouldn't call is all. I think Brett respects Arod but doesn't go out of his way because he doesn't have to.

Patler, I love your posts, your logic defies most of logic known to average folk like us...you are great but hear me out..lol.

If you were moving houses tommorow, it would not make sense for you to expect me to help you move vs. if I had a buddy I grew up with who was moving. Tarlam was implying it was sheisty to turn your back on Arod and call Romo. Would you be mad if I didn't help you move even though I respect your posting, yet helped a buddy I grew up with move? You shouldn't yet that is what I was getting at. Favre and Arod weren't the best of pals, but it seems they respected each other. For another poster to imply that Favre was malicious to call one QB and not another is ridiculous....as I'm sure that you can understand the logic behind that.

So are you suggesting that Favre and Romo ARE buddies?

SnakeLH2006
10-17-2008, 02:16 AM

So are you suggesting that Favre and Romo ARE buddies?

Yes..at least more-so than Favre and Arod are...They are both rednecks and have the common bond. :lol:

Tarlam!
10-17-2008, 05:20 AM
You really want to pick a fight with me snake? You sure about this?

I have no issues with you critising anything I post, but if you want to get personal
Awesome post as usual Tarlam. Please email me a memo as we are just dying to get tips on how to be better posters. Thank you sir! I think we need to take the gloves off.

What you posted is in direct conflict to the spirit of PackerRats.

You are a little girl around here. Nobody cares for your opinions and your posts are incredibly immature. You have ticked off a good many posters with your dribble and your hogging the board in the middle of the night has turned off people to the point where you have been called out for it.

Slither back into some safe hiding place snake. You won't be missed, I guarantee that.

Fritz
10-17-2008, 07:29 AM
This is a totally sexist thing to say - I know that and expect to perhaps rightfully take some hits for it - but I'm gonna say it anyway:

This whole thing about who Brett called and didn't call and if he likes Tony better than Aaron because he's mad at Aaron for taking his job - does this not ring exactly like the kind of crap junior high school girls would talk about?

I boycott all ESPN cvommentary and any ESPN show that is not a sporting event I want to watch. Honest to god, it's like a frickin' soap opera there any more.

GrnBay007
10-17-2008, 08:31 AM
This whole thing about who Brett called and didn't call and if he likes Tony better than Aaron because he's mad at Aaron for taking his job - does this not ring exactly like the kind of crap junior high school girls would talk about?

I have a daughter about that age. I hear it all.....and trust me, their "drama" has far more substance than this stuff!!! :D

MOBB DEEP
10-17-2008, 10:15 AM
it's all ENTERTAINMENT people (like a denzel movie or best ever larry joe bird scrapping with dr. j, or flip wilson doing geraldine)...in my mind it's funny or just something to talk about but irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. i think fans, thus psoters, take this stuff too personal when it doesnt impact our lives directly. 9 times out of 10 i post here jus for reaction because it's ENTERTAINING...life is too short to get uptight while either talkn about lord fave or dealing with a mate's idiosynchracies, or financial issues (1Peter 5:7...)

opinions are just that so why feel the need to vehemently make a stance here? folk should respect others thoughts and feelings and just KEEP IT MOVING...

double o's right; things in our REAL lives have more substance/deserve more concern/attn/energy...

"take off gloves" lol

SnakeLH2006
10-18-2008, 11:15 PM
You really want to pick a fight with me snake? You sure about this?

I have no issues with you critising anything I post, but if you want to get personal
Awesome post as usual Tarlam. Please email me a memo as we are just dying to get tips on how to be better posters. Thank you sir! I think we need to take the gloves off.

You are a little girl around here. Nobody cares for your opinions and your posts are incredibly immature. You have ticked off a good many posters with your dribble and your hogging the board in the middle of the night has turned me off.

Slither back into some safe hiding place snake. You won't be missed, I guarantee that, as I'm the man around PR.

Hahahaha! Damn, don't be a stupid fuck, luckily I'm pretty healthy in logic and have so many damn ways to drop you at will if I wanted (but if this does not work out with reason, I'm loving the fact to bury a HATER, that outlived his usefulness on PR, but hear me out. Not what I wanted in a perfect world, but exactly what I thought would happen. Seems the other posters have echoed the opinion that the Romo-Favre-Rodgers phone call drama is nonsense. Nice pretentious hateful things you have to say toward me, though. :roll: But hey, we can all live peacefully on here if YOU want.

Tarlam, bro, pal, buddy...I've been a member on here just as long as you, yet haven't posted much till lately. I thought I'd a throw a spirited, friendly barb your way on posting ability, since you frequently make mean-spirited jabs at mine and other's "posting ability" on PR.

I'm not picking fights as you are/were so check your posts, as that is your intent frequently as of late. I only post 3 times a week mostly late night, because of my employment and social attentions I like to entertain. Am I a lesser poster or any other for not being able to post in the middle of the day so my posts aren't in bunches to "piss you off"? In your mind it seems yes....Sorry bro that's when I CAN post.

Am I a troll like CPK downing threads with fighting or some others with flamboyant fanboyism going to a slanted opinion over and over. Nope. I'm not about to do that. I'm a Packer fan. YES.

This forum is about opinions, yet it seems that you're opinions "are fact"...yeah I got that much. I try to bring some "Packer" insight and opinions to this forum, yet I, like you have a very opinionated opinion often, and may not always be right, thus, a disagreement here or there, not often, just you seem to want to be the biggest, baddest dude around here as the PR OG, so I should check my place?...I'm cool with that, as that is not my perogitive, as I usually laugh it off. You took the "gloves off" though..oh shit, oh dear god what will I do, as Mobb laughed too. What's up with that? You like to call me and others out but can't take one spirited barb at your actions and have to turn into a "battle"? Oh, well...

I like to have fun on here and am far from mean-spirited or a fight starter, so stop being so goddamn pretentious and lighten up bro. Life's too short. My reply was a light jab at your continual jabs at "lesser" posters than thou. But to insinuate that "it's on" is laughable. Stop bashing new posters as you definitely need some happy pills, then.

I'll drop it (oh wait, this is my first reply to your numerous jabs at me and other posters in the past months) but doubt you can. I'm not worried though (if you really wanna stretch it out, it's on, but that just shows foolishness, and I really would not want to do that, though.)

But peace out and PM me if you have a problem in the future then to keep the boards clear. I'm not gonna fight you, what does that prove? So if you have a problem air it out on a PM to keep the boards clear.

I'll take you on in Madden 09 or NBA2k9 to settle this. Peace yo. :)

GBRulz
10-19-2008, 09:13 AM
I'll take you on in Madden 09 or NBA2k9 to settle this. Peace yo. :)

So, that's why you don't post here much, you are a video game nerd :lol: :wink: