PDA

View Full Version : Ty Law

falco
10-16-2008, 04:31 PM
Why??? Harris is about to get healthy anyways...

packers11
10-16-2008, 05:18 PM
pft.com

LAW INTERESTED IN PACKERS, COWBOYS
Posted by Mike Florio on October 16, 2008, 5:06 p.m.
Though cornerback Ty Law is talking to the Dolphins, he’s apparently interested in several teams. But he prefers to play for a contender.

According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, Law would be interested in joining the Packers or the Cowboys, both of which have injury problems at the cornerback position.

“I can walk in now and play on Sunday,” Law said. “I just want to go out and play ball. I’ve been training to play, I’m ready to play, and I want to go play.”

Other teams that have shown some interest in Law over the course of the past several months include the Browns, Patriots, and Jets.

Gunakor
10-16-2008, 05:22 PM
He'd play nickel until while Harris is getting healthy, and dime after Harris returns. That's better than what we have. So long as it's only for a year at a modest price that doesn't interfere with any contract extentions for our younger guys, I don't have a problem with it.

arcilite
10-16-2008, 05:38 PM
No thanks, hes old and not playing for a reason.

We need Pat Lee to get more experience anyways

Guiness
10-16-2008, 05:50 PM
It seems like Ty Law got, and gets, no respect. He's was a pretty good CB in this league, but couldn't seem to stick with a team, even though he never seemed to cause any problems.

Is he done? If he's got something left, he would be a nice addition, but it seems awful odd that he's unemployed at this point. I would think Dallas would be slavering at his door with Pacman gone.

Joemailman
10-16-2008, 05:51 PM
Can he play on the defensive line?

boiga
10-16-2008, 06:14 PM
It's a non issue. He may want Green Bay, but there is no evidence that Green Bay wants him. He'll end up with the 'boys or pats for whom an over the hill CB would be a drastic improvement to what they are starting.

Tony Oday
10-16-2008, 06:36 PM
I would take him for the simple fact he has experience and can teach our guys some tricks along with Harris and CW.

Harlan Huckleby
10-16-2008, 08:21 PM
Is he going to be a player-coach? Motivational speaker?

Why would this team need another very old d-back?

steve823
10-16-2008, 09:22 PM
Teams don't want him because all he plays for is the $$ and because of his ego. He thinks he is better then he is, he is washed up, and he will go anywhere for money and could care less about his team.

SkinBasket
10-16-2008, 09:24 PM
I would take him for the simple fact he has experience and can teach our guys some tricks along with Harris and CW.

Who are you going to drop from the roster to pick up another coach? He's got a sexy name, but we can't really afford to give up a roster spot for someone who's most valuable trait is experience.

BF4MVP
10-16-2008, 10:22 PM
I'd love it if we signed him..There's always a spot for another good CB..No one can play corner on this team outside of Woodson, Harris, and Tramon..I'd like to add another one who can play.

SnakeLH2006
10-17-2008, 12:29 AM
Teams don't want him because all he plays for is the $$ and because of his ego. He thinks he is better then he is, he is washed up, and he will go anywhere for money and could care less about his team.

..Couldn't have said it better. Plus he's slow as hell and was getting burned pretty badly the past few seasons as good teams matched up their fast wideouts to take advantage of his perpetually slow, and even slower feet.

Fritz
10-17-2008, 08:04 AM
If he really does have a big ego then the Cowboys will surely want him.

sheepshead
10-17-2008, 08:26 AM
What's his hang time?

DonHutson
10-17-2008, 09:41 AM
Lots of teams showing some level of interest, and nobody pulling the trigger. What does that tell you?

steve823
10-17-2008, 02:17 PM
Besides everything I previously said about him..the fact that no team wants him should tell you how bad he is.

Tony Oday
10-17-2008, 02:45 PM
Lol can he play saftey?

Kyle.McCarroll
10-18-2008, 09:54 AM
TT would sign me before he signed Ty Law.

RashanGary
10-18-2008, 10:10 AM
I'd love it if we signed him..There's always a spot for another good CB..No one can play corner on this team outside of Woodson, Harris, and Tramon..I'd like to add another one who can play.

This is pretty much how I feel. If he can play he's better than the two duds that never will and the rookie that isn't ready.

Gunakor
10-18-2008, 12:24 PM

This is pretty much how I feel. If he can play he's better than the two duds that never will and the rookie that isn't ready.

That's how I feel as well. He wouldn't be brought in to be a starter. He'd be brought in because he's a much better CB than Will Blackmon or Pat Lee or Jarrett Bush. He's not going to unseat Harris or Woodson for a starting job, and he's not going to beat out Tramon Williams for the nickel. You'd see him in dime situations and that's all (maybe nickel until Harris returns), so I don't see what everybody's problem with this is.

Patler
10-18-2008, 12:40 PM
Blackmon is OK as a 4th corner, especially since you know he will be active each week anyway for his kick return ability.

Lee will be kept for development purposes, active some weeks, inactive others depending on the injury situations.

Bush will be active most, if not every week for ST too, and as a last active corner back and a last active safety. His versatility helps him there. Most weeks he won't see much playing time except on ST.

Where do you fit Ty Law on the game day roster? Where do you fit him on the 53 man roster? No where that I can see. He won't be active ahead of Blackmon or Bush based on ST, and wouldn't be satisfied (I doubt) with a sometimes active other games inactive position like Lee's. Besides, what DB do you release for him?

He just doesn't fit anywhere in GB, in my opinion.

boiga
10-18-2008, 01:12 PM
I agree Patler. The improvement that we might obtain for our dime CB position couldn't justify Law's salary or roster spot. The guys a whiner too and wants to start, which means he be bringing more negatives with him than positives.

Guiness
10-19-2008, 01:42 AM
I agree Patler. The improvement that we might obtain for our dime CB position couldn't justify Law's salary or roster spot. The guys a whiner too and wants to start, which means he be bringing more negatives with him than positives.

That's a pretty wide gap - he would want to start, we think he would be our dime DB.

If Tramon had come in and stunk up the joint - I think we might've looked at him as stopgap while Harris was out.

But Tramon's played well, and a 4th CB, like the 5th WR or the 5th LB, need to have some versatility, and fill another role. I don't think Law does this.