PDA

View Full Version : Lambeau Field Named Top NFL Stadium

oregonpackfan
10-17-2008, 09:44 AM
A poll by SI.com readers found that Green Bay's Lambeau Field is the top NFL Stadium!.

Rankings are based on affordability, food, tailgating, team quality, atmosphere, and accessibility.

The top 5 NFL Stadiums were:

1. Lambeau Field(Green Bay)
2. Heinz Field(Pttsburgh)
3. Invesco Field(Denver)
4. M & T Bank Stadium(Baltimore)
5. Jacksonville Muncipal Stadium

sheepshead
10-17-2008, 09:47 AM
Nice recognition. No news to us however!

:wink:

oregonpackfan
10-17-2008, 09:58 AM
Last week, I attended the Packers-Seahawks game at Qwest Field. It was my first time at that stadium. Here are some of my observations of that field.

First, parking is atrocious. We arrived 2 hours before game time and were "lucky" to find free parking a mile away from the stadium. Located next to the Mariners Safeco Field, Quest is in an old, warehouse-strewn section of Seattle. Parking is very limited and costs an average of $30.

Virtually all of the seats are individual seats with cupholders, which is nice. Most seats have a good, unobstructed view of the playing field.

About 2/3rds of the seats are covered by a roof which is nice in the rainy fall weather. The roofs act as a deflector of crowd noise which makes Qwest one of the noisiest stadiums in the NFL. Opposing teams have the highest rate of false starts because the Olinemen cannot hear the signals from the QB.

The hallways were spacious which allowed the fans to move about freely.

We ordered advertised "Johnsonville Brats" but were very disappointed with the poor quality of the food.

The Jumbotrons showing the replays were surprisingly small for an NFL stadium. They were even smaller than the Jumbotrons at Autzen Stadium(Ducks) and Reser Field(Beavers).

Qwest's sound system in the upper decks(where we were located) was poor. Even when the crowd was quiet, we had difficulty hearing the announcer call out the runners and tacklers.

Kiwon
10-17-2008, 10:02 AM
Lambeau has class.

I hate the corporate names for fields and stadiums. Give me the classics.

Lambeau Field
Yankee Stadium
Boston Garden (only the announcers refer to it by its corporate name)

'nuff said.

Scott Campbell
10-17-2008, 11:18 AM
A poll by SI.com readers found that Green Bay's Lambeau Field is the top NFL Stadium!.

Rankings are based on affordability, food, tailgating, team quality, atmosphere, and accessibility.

3. Invesco Field(Denver)

This can't be right. Where is the Metrodome?

CaliforniaCheez
10-17-2008, 11:55 AM
A lot of it is what the fanbase brings to the game.

Notice that old 70's stadiums like Arrowhead and Ralph Wilson Stadium did amazingly well. They have pretty good fans.

Newer stadiums like the Redskins Fed Ex field and the new Bengals facilities did rather poorly after investing a lot of money.

Only Ford Field and Raymond James (Rams dome) did worse than the Metrodome due to product on the field issues.

The only "indoor" facility in the top half of the league was the new Colts stadium which can be partially open. The Texans with a movable roof was 16th.

Fans do not like domes. They are all near the bottom except for the Superdome.

retailguy
10-17-2008, 02:59 PM
Last week, I attended the Packers-Seahawks game at Qwest Field. It was my first time at that stadium. Here are some of my observations of that field.

First, parking is atrocious. We arrived 2 hours before game time and were "lucky" to find free parking a mile away from the stadium. Located next to the Mariners Safeco Field, Quest is in an old, warehouse-strewn section of Seattle. Parking is very limited and costs an average of $30.

Virtually all of the seats are individual seats with cupholders, which is nice. Most seats have a good, unobstructed view of the playing field.

About 2/3rds of the seats are covered by a roof which is nice in the rainy fall weather. The roofs act as a deflector of crowd noise which makes Qwest one of the noisiest stadiums in the NFL. Opposing teams have the highest rate of false starts because the Olinemen cannot hear the signals from the QB.

The hallways were spacious which allowed the fans to move about freely.

We ordered advertised "Johnsonville Brats" but were very disappointed with the poor quality of the food.

The Jumbotrons showing the replays were surprisingly small for an NFL stadium. They were even smaller than the Jumbotrons at Autzen Stadium(Ducks) and Reser Field(Beavers).

Qwest's sound system in the upper decks(where we were located) was poor. Even when the crowd was quiet, we had difficulty hearing the announcer call out the runners and tacklers.

If you go back to Qwest, you should park in the "park & ride" lots away from the stadium and ride the bus in. It has a nominal fee, but the buses get to use the new bus tunnels and avoid traffic. Coming up from Oregon, you should be able to catch one at SouthCenter in Tukwila.

Much, much better experience. Yes, the jumbotrons are very small.... And the wind can really whip though that stadium too!

gbgary
10-17-2008, 03:19 PM
Nice recognition. No news to us however!

:wink:

you got that right!!

pack4to84
10-17-2008, 03:25 PM
Won't be number one next year after the new Cowboy stadium is finished.

Zool
10-17-2008, 03:26 PM

I guess it depends on how much they take affordability into account.

Gunakor
10-17-2008, 03:52 PM

3. Invesco Field(Denver)

32. Metrodome (Minnesota)

steve823
10-17-2008, 05:02 PM
I knew Lambeau would've been one. Do you have a link though so I can see the lower rankings. I wouldn't be suprised if the Jets are in the bottom 5. Such low lives goes to games around here unfortunately and beers are like 8 $.

Scott Campbell
10-17-2008, 06:21 PM

32. Metrodome (Minnesota)

Damn. That's like dishonorable mention territory. :lol:

Scott Campbell
10-17-2008, 06:22 PM
Soldier field made this list.

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/2293132/2/istockphoto_2293132-toilet-paper-and-bad-puns.jpg

mraynrand
10-17-2008, 06:31 PM
I knew Lambeau would've been one. Do you have a link though so I can see the lower rankings. I wouldn't be suprised if the Jets are in the bottom 5. Such low lives goes to games around here unfortunately and beers are like 8 $.

I can't wait until next year to see if they find Hoffa's skeleton in there. Inquiring minds want to know.

gbgary
10-17-2008, 07:12 PM

it'll be shiney and new but have no atmosphere, tailgating here is riduculous (at texas stadium you couldn't have an open fire), and as for affordability...forget it.

Packers4Ever
10-18-2008, 09:59 PM

I thought Jets' fans were using the NY Giant's stadium/facilities until
their own new one is completed?
Maybe low life goes to the games but that has to exclude our former QB /Jet's new one, Brett Favre. :wink:
Maybe another reader here will be able to provide you with a link to the lower rankings.

GBRulz
10-18-2008, 10:10 PM

3. Invesco Field(Denver)

Actually, they probably are #1 in terms of affordability ! Where else can you get $3 tickets :P

Badgerinmaine
10-19-2008, 06:29 PM

I thought Jets' fans were using the NY Giant's stadium/facilities until
their own new one is completed?

They are sharing Giants Stadium with the G-Men now and will also share the new stadium being built next door.

PlantPage55
10-19-2008, 07:04 PM
Should be a no-brainer. There is ZERO reason to drag this ranking out year after year. Lambeau will NEVER be topped.