PDA

View Full Version : Smoking

Charles Woodson
10-17-2008, 11:18 PM
Just kinda wondering who all smokes here, or what you smoke... Thinking about trying some shit, wondering opinions

BallHawk
10-18-2008, 12:05 AM
Are you talking about cigs or weed or some herb stuff?

Cigarettes are just dumb whatever way you look at it. I don't think you can rightly justify smoking cigarettes.

Other things it depends on the situation, but don't be stupid.

Tarlam!
10-18-2008, 04:50 AM
Started smoking when I was 13 and I am now almost 45.

NEVER EVER EVER TOUCH TOBACCO!!!! It will change your life for the negative.

Look, you're a good kid as far as I can gather. Just forget trying tobacco. And be really careful with alcohol.

Charles Woodson
10-18-2008, 09:59 AM
Na, Cigs are stupid
Herbs not but, the closest i go to tobacco is hookah or occasionally cigars

Partial
10-18-2008, 10:58 AM
Tarlam is one of the few people who smoke cigs that are successful. Statistically, people who smoke end up less happy, in worse jobs, die younger, age faster, have less sex.

Pot is ok on occasion. I don't do it myself, but plenty of good guys I know have done it quite a bit. I find that most of my buddies are past that by 21 and just start drinking beer.

mraynrand
10-18-2008, 11:02 AM
Once I stopped smoking, the rate of sex went way way up.

http://www.thehowie.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/ugly.jpg

Charles Woodson
10-18-2008, 11:06 AM
Tarlam is one of the few people who smoke cigs that are successful. Statistically, people who smoke end up less happy, in worse jobs, die younger, age faster, have less sex.

Maybe, there are plenty of people that end up with great jobs, for instance my next door neghbor is a doctor who ironically smokes cigs

Harlan Huckleby
10-18-2008, 11:19 AM
don't listen to Tarlam, he's just another old guy who wants to keep you away from pleasure.

smoke um if you got um.

BallHawk
10-18-2008, 12:02 PM
That One used to smoke....

And Rod Serling. And Rod Serling was like the coolest person in the history of the universe.

RashanGary
10-18-2008, 12:44 PM
Try heroin.

retailguy
10-18-2008, 12:51 PM

Still does. He's admitted to bumming cigarettes on the campaign trail.

retailguy
10-18-2008, 12:56 PM
Just kinda wondering who all smokes here, or what you smoke... Thinking about trying some shit, wondering opinions

Why would you do this? I can honestly say that smoking was never anything at all that interested me.

You should spend an hour or two visiting a respiratory hospital and see how hard it is to breathe for someone with Emphysema. I recognize that it doesn't happen to everyone, however, why wouldn't it happen to you? If you can't define it, then you should be concerned about it. Even though you're 16 and invincible....

I've watched several family members die of emphysema related conditions. Watching them struggle just to catch a small breath is humbling.

An uncle that I respected very much lived a very passive existence his last 10 years of life, the last 3 of which he couldn't leave his apartment because his breathing was so bad. He implored all of us who would listen to not smoke anything. Called it the single stupidest thing he had ever done.

take it for what it is worth.

Charles Woodson
10-18-2008, 03:48 PM

Why would you do this? I can honestly say that smoking was never anything at all that interested me.

You should spend an hour or two visiting a respiratory hospital and see how hard it is to breathe for someone with Emphysema. I recognize that it doesn't happen to everyone, however, why wouldn't it happen to you? If you can't define it, then you should be concerned about it. Even though you're 16 and invincible....

I've watched several family members die of emphysema related conditions. Watching them struggle just to catch a small breath is humbling.

An uncle that I respected very much lived a very passive existence his last 10 years of life, the last 3 of which he couldn't leave his apartment because his breathing was so bad. He implored all of us who would listen to not smoke anything. Called it the single stupidest thing he had ever done.

take it for what it is worth.

Good points,
I guess my questions were like i know cigs cause that but do cigars/hookah/weed cause that shit too?

BallHawk
10-18-2008, 03:51 PM
Anything that you can inhale that involves smoke is probably gonna be bad for you.

Dude, if you want good info on this stuff go to

http://www.erowid.org

retailguy
10-18-2008, 08:04 PM
Good points,
I guess my questions were like i know cigs cause that but do cigars/hookah/weed cause that shit too?

Well, most cigarettes come with filters. I dont' think people are rolling joints with filters in them, nor do cigars. So, on that narrow basis, I'd say they are worse. Others will tell you that they're not as bad since you don't smoke as many.... but, hey, if air pollution can affect your lungs, it would seem that joints and cigars are worse....

but, that's one of the beauties of this country. In a couple of short years, you'll get the responsibility to make your own decision. I'm glad you're asking for advice, and I hope you find some that you can believe in.

texaspackerbacker
10-18-2008, 08:16 PM

And Rod Serling. And Rod Serling was like the coolest person in the history of the universe.

Cooler than the Marlboro Man?

I think they both died young of lung cancer, didn't they?

Joemailman
10-19-2008, 12:11 AM
Anybody got a light?

http://www.fugly.com/media/IMAGES/Crazy/mouth-full-of-cigarettes.jpg

Charles Woodson
10-19-2008, 11:33 AM
Good points,

Well, most cigarettes come with filters. I dont' think people are rolling joints with filters in them, nor do cigars. So, on that narrow basis, I'd say they are worse. Others will tell you that they're not as bad since you don't smoke as many.... but, hey, if air pollution can affect your lungs, it would seem that joints and cigars are worse....

but, that's one of the beauties of this country. In a couple of short years, you'll get the responsibility to make your own decision. I'm glad you're asking for advice, and I hope you find some that you can believe in.
Haha yea thanks,
I came to the conclusion that im going to stop everything for a while since i start soccer on monday...

MJZiggy
10-19-2008, 11:38 AM
Good thinking. I know a soccer player who smokes and if he'd quit, he'd be freaking unstoppable. And I'm not guessing about that--it's what he told me.

Scott Campbell
10-19-2008, 02:22 PM
I lost my grandfather to emphysema. It was pretty gruesome 10 year ordeal. I never had the urge, and feel sorry for those who do.