PDA

View Full Version : The Pregame Show - Equinophobia

MJZiggy
10-18-2008, 09:53 PM
by MJ Stepanik

Equinophobia is the irrational fear of horses. I’m not sure whether to fear Peyton Manning or not. READ MORE (http://www.packerrats.com)

Joemailman
10-19-2008, 12:05 AM
The big key will be whether Manning can exploit the Packers' weakness at nickel. I would expect the Colts to spread things out a lot to force that issue. This will probably be a shootout.

MJZiggy
10-19-2008, 07:09 AM
While my initial thought was exactly as you posted, they're missing their number 2 wide receiver and #2 TE, so I'm thinking that what it depends on is the dropoff in performance after their #3 WR compared to the dropoff from our #2 corner.

I think this one turns into a chess match of which coach can best take advantage of what matchups.

boiga
10-19-2008, 11:32 AM
Good write up MJ. I agree that this is going to be an analytical game with both teams trying to exploit the fairly obvious weaknesses of the other.

Luckily, they're not strong in the area of our most glaring weakness: run defense. I think time of possession might decide the game today. Both teams have banged up D's, and whichever is most worn down by the 4th quarter is going to crumble.

MJZiggy
10-19-2008, 11:41 AM
You bring up a good question, boiga...which team has the older secondary. In our secondary, Woodson is team grandpa for the day and everyone else are youngins. I wonder if that will make a difference toward the end of the game.

MJZiggy
10-19-2008, 07:15 PM
What'd I tell ya??? :P

texaspackerbacker
10-19-2008, 08:26 PM
I think it was a helluva good coaching job to match up Woodson on Wayne even when they moved Wayne to the slot, Blackmon on Harrison--actually our #4 on their #2, and Williams on Gonzales--#3 on #3. Also, McCarthy/Sanders put Chillar in there against the passing team even though Popinga has done a good job this year. Chillar being able to cover the TE--a damn good TE made it all work, as that allowed the Safeties to play umbrella coverage and Hawk and Barnett to concentrate on the run.

Congrats AGAIN to the much-maligned Bob Sanders.

BTW, I don't get the Equinophobia comment. Also, who are you referring to, Ziggy, as their missing #2 WR?