PDA

View Full Version : If GM..and all played 3 years.......Arod, Favre, or Manning?

SnakeLH2006
10-19-2008, 12:21 AM
Huge game tomorrow, yet it will be interesting to see what takes the field, and how this game shakes out.

1) I've been very impressed with Arod's "toughness" in 6 games, mind you, as this may be a recurring theme with his injury status, yet he has been pretty good, thus far, at 3-3.

2) Favre has been incredible with the 3-2 Jets....on pace for stats galore for his single season in high in TD's (42), completion % (71), rating (111).

3) Manning has been the bum, his worst stats season in many years, IMO the byproduct of his age (33 soon), crappy O-Line, lesser team, and his injuries (been pretty clear thus far till now).

So the question is...If GM what QB of the 3 would you want for 3 years (I'm assuming Brett plays next year till 2010 when he'll be 40-41). Not long term but for 3 years?

Not fanboyism here, but if Brett plays till 2010 I take Brett. Arod will get better but needs to play a full season, and will get better. Manning is finally showing his age and will NEVER IMO be the man he was in his late 20's AGAIN, but good, nonetheless. ARod will get better, and his talent is awesome, but can he stay healthy for 3 years? If all 3 play 3 years, Brett's the man, ARod 2nd, Manning a close 3rd....as he's going downhill (his 6'6" frame is not built for longterm ((hey I'm the same height, weight as Peyton)) but his un-elusiveness is catching up with him and exposed lately as he'll be out the league in 3-4 years.) Arod will be a pretty top-notch QB by then with more experience if he stays playing, Brett you would think would FINALLY be retired, but that dude is crazy as he might play 10 more years. :shock: :lol:

Joemailman
10-19-2008, 12:30 AM
Might want to fix the title. You don't have Arod in there.

SnakeLH2006
10-19-2008, 12:31 AM
Might want to fix the title. You don't have Arod in there.

Just saw it before your post, but Thx...What's your vote?

HarveyWallbangers
10-19-2008, 12:38 AM
71.3 completion %, 224.8 ypg, 13 pass TDs, 6 ints, 12 rush yds, 0 rush TDs, 12 sacks in 169 pass attempts (1 sack for every 14.08 pass attempts), 2 lost fumbles, 13 total TDs, 8 total turnovers = incredible?

64.2 completion %, 247.0 ypg, 11 pass TDs, 4 ints, 105 rush yards, 3 rush TDs, 13 sacks in 206 pass attempts (1 sack for every 15.84 pass attempts), 2 lost fumbles, 14 total TDs, 6 total turnovers = pretty good?

Seems a little biased. Favre has him beat in completion %--while Rodgers numbers are slightly better across the board otherwise.

SnakeLH2006
10-19-2008, 12:46 AM
71.3 completion %, 224.8 ypg, 13 pass TDs, 6 ints, 12 rush yds, 0 rush TDs, 12 sacks in 169 pass attempts (1 sack for every 14.08 pass attempts), 2 lost fumbles, 13 total TDs, 8 total turnovers = incredible?

64.2 completion %, 247.0 ypg, 11 pass TDs, 4 ints, 105 rush yards, 3 rush TDs, 13 sacks in 206 pass attempts (1 sack for every 15.84 pass attempts), 2 lost fumbles, 14 total TDs, 6 total turnovers = pretty good?

Seems a little biased. Favre has him beat in completion %--while Rodgers numbers are slightly better across the board otherwise.

Who's dissing Arod vs. Favre. Not me. I like both. What QB would you take for this season, and the next? Not long term mind you, but for these 3 years? Injuries come into play obviously or else Peyton hands down. It's strange seeing Peyton hurt, but I see a trend with older QB's. Favre's not the norm. I see deece numbers from all 3 but Arod WILL NOT (barring a miracle be healthy till 2010) Manning WILL break his own starting streak as 2nd behind Brett as all old QB's do (not named Brett)...Favre may get hurt, but has shown an ability to play through it is all, so I'd take Brett. I coulda done biased stats, but just showed some this year as of right now. I'm not trying to ignite a she-said-he-said Brett brigrade, but just saying what happens if all 3 play till 2010....who ya want? If they all play till 2010, I'll take Cal Ripken (Brett, yet he smokes Cal cuz he was dominant for many years, Cal started alot but didn't do shit for dominant seasons)...and with better stats/wins as the starting QB. Manning is declining plenty. ARod HAS TO PROVE he can stay healthy. Brett WILL play with a broken SPINE and play well.

Partial
10-19-2008, 12:48 AM
Peyton Manning. Without a doubt. You guys are such homers. I'd take Favre at Manning's age, though, in a heart beat.

SnakeLH2006
10-19-2008, 12:58 AM
Peyton Manning. Without a doubt. You guys are such homers. I'd take Favre at Manning's age, though, in a heart beat.

You really think Manning with his bum knee/showing age is better than Brett right now? Manning at 32-33 vs Brett just at 39. I seen all the games (NFL package) but Manning has looked out of rhythm and old. Brett just keeps looking like 28 year old Brett. Looks reinvigorated and happy. Doing mad thangs. I'm not homer, persay..yet I would really based on today's stats take Brett right now over Peyton..they play the same teams for the most part....Peyton is OVER.....He's Dan Marino in his final 4 years. Pretty good, but jumped "HIS" shark. I seen EVERY Peyton game thus far, but he's lost without a good O-line and looks jumpy to throw the ball, granted he's 33 soon with a really bad knee, but hey Favre has been doing this 4EVER. Favre>Manning right NOW.

Not only that, but I saw Steve Young who's one of the rare ESPN football analysts I respect talking bout Brett a few weeks ago about "old" QB's. The arm stays the same, but the legs give out. Favre has never had a serious leg injury (knee, joint, ACL, whatever)....Steve said as long as he can throw, he's good to go.

Manning is a tall ass dude like me, so if he knee buckles or has problems, his career is in jeapordy. I agree...so many people discount the probs with Manning's knee, yet I really think he's on the downturn of his career and out the league in 3 years or so. ARod will play for 10 years if he can avoid the injuries as he's Young like with a lighter/mobile body.

Favre is amazing. Noone can compare to how he can do his shit as far as physically playing EVERY game. Why doubt him now? I laught how peeps say he's old and will get hurt? I love ARod but if we threw down a bet right now how many would say Brett vs. Arod finishes the season? That is why this is about 3 years? Who do want for till 2010. ARod and Manning look shaky and I think ARod puts up BETTER stats than Manning by next year. Manning is going down. Brett will play.

Partial
10-19-2008, 01:58 AM
Brett is far removed from his Prime. Manning is at the end of his as well, but he is still reasonably young in comparison to Favre and still very effective. A-Rod doesn't have the raw physical talents, nor the accomplishments yet to be mentioned with either of the other two when looking at a QB for such a short window.

Guiness
10-19-2008, 02:14 AM
Interesting scenario - all played 3 yrs.

I agree with Partial on his analysis of Rodgers - the future's bright, but I discount him due to his lack of accomplishments. I don't care how well he's playing, he just hasn't done it long enough to make me happy. Same as I'd take a Steven Jackson over Ryan Grant.

So looking at Manning vs Favre, I lean towards Manning. I don't think he's quite 'jumped the shark' yet. Yes, he's badly banged up, but he's got a heck of a streak going himself.

I go with him due to age - Favre has held off the demons a long time, and is still successfully doing so at the top level. But until he's 40? Because we're not just asking if he can be effective, and start for 3 more years, we're asking if he's better than Manning, which means top 5, if not top 3 in the league. And I just can't see that.

LL2
10-19-2008, 08:24 AM
I would still take Arod. I want to see how he does in the playoffs. Favre hasn't done well in the playoffs the last few years, except last year. Arod just seems to play a little smarter, and in the playoffs smarter is better than taking risk.

Bretsky
10-19-2008, 09:00 AM
I'm not sold Manning is declining yet; he just has to get over the injuries and he'll be back.

To me this is an easy question

1. Manning
2. Favre
3. Rodgers

GBRulz
10-19-2008, 09:20 AM
I just read this week that Manning had a 2nd knee surgery that he was recovering from and that Dungy kept it a secret until now. Didn't want opposing teams knowing this and taking shots at his knee. I think that he is just starting to get healthy again.

But, sorry...Favre hasn't shown any sign of slowing down, so I would go with Favre, Manning, Rodgers.

Joemailman
10-19-2008, 09:27 AM
For 3 years, I go Rodgers. Favre is usually less effective as the year progresses, and Manning has knee problems, making him more immobile than ever. That just increases his chances of getting hurt again.

Rodgers is better physically right now than either of the HOF'ers, and just needs to gain some experience.

Pugger
10-19-2008, 11:44 AM
By 2010 Brett will be 40 years old. Manning isn't quite as 'mature' so I'd probably go with him and his game experience. But ask us again next year and we'll see where Aaron is in his developement.

oregonpackfan
10-19-2008, 01:48 PM
I'm not sold Manning is declining yet; he just has to get over the injuries and he'll be back.

1. Manning
2. Favre
3. Rodgers

As much as I emotionally respect and admire Favre, I still believe Manning is the better QB. Rodgers has been very impressive in his first 6 starts. He is still too inexperienced to even mention in the same breath as Manning or Favre.

MOBB DEEP
10-19-2008, 01:52 PM
VICK DA GREAT....

Scott Campbell
10-19-2008, 01:53 PM

1. Manning
2. Favre
3. Rodgers

As much as I emotionally respect and admire Favre, I still believe Manning is the better QB. Rodgers has been very impressive in his first 6 starts. He is still too inexperienced to even mention in the same breath as Manning or Favre.

Yeah, but at the end of the three years you've got a 27 year old asset instead of a 42 year old.

Manning
Rodgers
Favre

MOBB DEEP
10-19-2008, 01:56 PM

1. Manning
2. Favre
3. Rodgers

Yeah, but at the end of the three years you've got a 27 year old asset instead of a 42 year old.

Manning
Rodgers
Favre

et tu brute?

HarveyWallbangers
10-19-2008, 02:47 PM

1. Manning
2. Favre
3. Rodgers

To me this is an easy decision also.

1. Manning
2. Rodgers
3. Favre

Gunakor
10-19-2008, 02:57 PM
If it were just this year, I'd take Favre or Manning. If I have 3 years and I only have to win a SB once to justify my decision, I take Rodgers.

Bretsky
10-19-2008, 03:00 PM

1. Manning
2. Favre
3. Rodgers

To me this is an easy decision also.

1. Manning
2. Rodgers
3. Favre

Well a .333 batting lifetime batting average for you should get you into the HOF in baseball :wink:

HarveyWallbangers
10-19-2008, 03:56 PM
Well a .333 batting lifetime batting average for you should get you into the HOF in baseball :wink:

This is actually a good question. The reason Rodgers is QB'ing this team this year is because of this question. McCarthy and Thompson chose Rodgers. Of course, I think it was more obvious because Favre might not play 3 years and Rodgers could play another 10 years.

Tony Oday
10-19-2008, 04:22 PM
oops

Bretsky
10-19-2008, 06:07 PM

This is actually a good question. The reason Rodgers is QB'ing this team this year is because of this question. McCarthy and Thompson chose Rodgers. Of course, I think it was more obvious because Favre might not play 3 years and Rodgers could play another 10 years.

True

Good Thread Snake :!: :!:

HarveyWallbangers
10-19-2008, 06:57 PM
Is it silly for me to say I'd take Aaron Rodgers for this season alone... not even considering the next two seasons? I'd probably still take Brett for one year because of his durability.

68.2 completion %, 6.8 yards/attempt, 13 pass TDs, 8 ints, 17 rush yds, 0 rush TDs, 15 sacks in 210 pass attempts (1 sack for every 14.0 pass attempts), 2 lost fumbles, 13 total TDs, 10 total turnovers

65.6 completion %, 7.5 yards/attempt, 12 pass TDs, 4 ints, 113 rush yards, 3 rush TDs, 13 sacks in 234 pass attempts (1 sack for every 18.0 pass attempts), 2 lost fumbles, 15 total TDs, 6 total turnovers