PDA

View Full Version : Packers D vs Colts

Brando19
10-19-2008, 06:24 PM
I was very impressed. The D held Manning to 0 TD's! I'll say that again b/c it's not often you can.....0 TD's for Manning! Collins had another solid day with an INT return for a TD and my man from VT Rouse had a big INT return for a TD. This defense will only get better with Harris and Bigby returning after the bye week. T-Will is going to be an elite CB in the coming years and Woodson proves his toughness week in and week out. The linebackers are playing well and the D-line played well this game, let's just hope they continue to get better.

GBRulz
10-19-2008, 06:26 PM
best showing of the D all season, for sure!

The bye week couldn't come soon enough this year. Let's get these guys rested up and ready for TN !

boiga
10-19-2008, 06:27 PM
The problem is that our Run D still stinks. Even against one of the the worst run offense in the league we gave up 73 yards on 20 carries.

Hopefully a healthy Harrel and Bigby will fill that gap, but we need more work there.

Our Pass D has been stellar all season though.

The Shadow
GREAT Defense!
Manning whining was a treat!

Gunakor
Will Blackmon definitely gets a stud for this week on defense. He played perfect coverage on Marvin Harrison all day, and allowed just 2 catches for 11 yards. Woodson too, covering Reggie Wayne and allowing just 2 catches for 24 yards. That's CRAZY they were able to take both of them out of the game, especially without Al Harris.

gbgary
10-19-2008, 06:30 PM
nice work by the d today. the offense kept getting first downs which kept the d off the field and fresh. i think they also gave up trying to sub so much against the no huddle after that first indy drive.

HarveyWallbangers
10-19-2008, 06:31 PM
The problem is that our Run D still stinks. Even against one of the the worst run offense in the league we gave up 73 yards on 20 carries.

Actually, I'd take 3.6 yards/carry against anyone. That plays to the strength of our defense.

Tony Oday
10-19-2008, 06:38 PM
We need to shore up the run D on the break, Tenn can run...a lot!

]{ilr]3
10-19-2008, 06:50 PM
We need to shore up the run D on the break, Tenn can run...a lot!

We matched up well against what the Colts do. The Titans are big and physical. Hope we can get healthy over the bye week. Jenkins will be missed IMO.

Fred's Slacks
10-19-2008, 07:02 PM
Collins and Rouse had the big TDs. Collins had a number of other impressive plays that continue to add to a probowl season. Woodson had yet another stellar day.

One person that didn't get alot of props for his play was Chillar. Whatever we signed him for, it was worth it for his play today. Previous years and Clark would have torn up the middle of the field while our corners take away the outside. Clark had trouble getting open and even when he did he was wrapped up by Chillar. I'd give a game ball to Chillar.

Joemailman
10-19-2008, 07:27 PM
Getting Harris, Bigby and Harrell back could be huge. I could see the Packers mixing in blitz packages more with Bigby in the middle and Tramon Williams back at nickle. Getting Harrell in the DT rotation should also help Jolly and Pickett as the games wear on. Jenkins can't be replaced, but this defense has a chance to be much better than it's been so far.

texaspackerbacker
10-19-2008, 09:07 PM
No Blitzing at all--all day!

That's the key to success--little or none, depending on the team you play against.

Sit back in coverage, stop the run as best you can without sacrificing pass coverage, and eventually even the best QBs will slip up and throw some picks.

As we get Harris and Bigby back, the coverage will get even better.

As we get Harrell back, the run stopping should be even better, and maybe even the pass rush up the middle.

I'm just wondering at what point fans in here start showing some love for Bob Sanders--his scheme, his good sense not to blitz, and the match ups on receivers that worked so well.

BF4MVP
10-19-2008, 09:13 PM
Will Blackmon definitely gets a stud for this week on defense. He played perfect coverage on Marvin Harrison all day, and allowed just 2 catches for 11 yards.
Yep. Will finally made an impact as a DB today (he usually makes an impact as a return man, but hardly ever as a DB). He did get bailed out by Nick Collins, though, when Nick made an outstanding play to knock away a ball that would have been a TD to Harrison.

Harlan Huckleby
10-19-2008, 09:15 PM
Getting Harris, Bigby and Harrell back could be huge. I could see the Packers mixing in blitz packages more with Bigby in the middle and Tramon Williams back at nickle.

ahh, I'd like to see Harris move to the nickle.

I don't think BIgby and Harris coming back is that big of a deal, the secondary has been fine. Of course it helps the strength of the nickle and dime a lot, as you point out.