PDA

View Full Version : BRETT DENIES REPORTS....

MOBB DEEP
10-19-2008, 07:09 PM
told peter king "it's b.s...."

arcilite
10-19-2008, 07:11 PM
i hope its bs.

but this report is just so off the wall, who would make something like that up?

i kind of think its true

RashanGary
10-19-2008, 07:12 PM
i hope its bs.

but this report is just so off the wall, who would make something like that up?

i kind of think its true

I agree. Jay Glazer doesn't jsut pull this out of his butt or from a wierd dream.

MJZiggy
10-19-2008, 07:12 PM
I wonder who Jay Glazer's source is? or if there's evidence.

BallHawk
10-19-2008, 07:18 PM
Brett's denied his fair share of media reports in his time that turned out to be true.

GBRulz
10-19-2008, 07:20 PM
Brett's denied his fair share of media reports in his time that turned out to be true.

He didn't deny the Packers issued cell phone or having contact with the Vikings OC?

MJZiggy
10-19-2008, 07:21 PM
He denied that there was anything to the unretirement...

HarveyWallbangers
10-19-2008, 07:47 PM
He didn't deny the Packers issued cell phone or having contact with the Vikings OC?

On the first, so did the Packers. On the second, it turns out he was lying.

texaspackerbacker
10-19-2008, 07:59 PM
I tend to NOT believe this.

The Packers don't do anything you can't see on film anyway, and undoubtedly, a LOT of things changed with the switch from Favre to Rodgers.

Mostly, though, if Favre was gonna do something spiteful like that, why Detroit instead of Minnesota--who he apparently had on speed dial anyway?

RashanGary
10-19-2008, 08:06 PM
FROM GREG BEDARD!!!!

JSO CONTENT REMOVED

GBRulz
10-19-2008, 08:17 PM

On the first, so did the Packers. On the second, it turns out he was lying.

Well, that was kinda my point about all of this. Just because he doesn't speak up about it, doesn't mean the story is true. The cellphone story was out there for days and he never denied it. It was the Packers who finally put that rumor to bed.

Lying, really? The last time I checked, the Vikings were cleared of any tampering with Favre.

Like I said, this whole story seems fishy.

HarveyWallbangers
10-19-2008, 08:24 PM
Lying, really? The last time I checked, the Vikings were cleared of any tampering with Favre.

Like I said, this whole story seems fishy.

Cleared of tampering. Pretty tough to prove if either side is not willing to admit it. Favre admitted he talked to the Vikings coaches though.

RashanGary
10-19-2008, 08:25 PM
Chiefs
Bills
Rams
Patriots
Broncos
49rs
Bills
Seahawks
Dolphins

Not exactly a brutal gauntlet, but I'm not so sure we can start counting on that 2nd round pick just yet. If the Jets lose, I hope they lose a lot so we get a high 3rd. If they win, I hope they win a lot so we get a 2nd.

RashanGary
10-19-2008, 08:28 PM
wrong thread.

Patler
10-19-2008, 11:32 PM
Tonight they have reported on the sports report that a second team acknowledged talking to Favre, but not for as long as the Lions did. They did not name the second team. They also said there would be more to follow on the story, probably tomorrow.

arcilite
10-19-2008, 11:34 PM
Tonight they have reported on the sports report that a second team acknowledged talking to Favre, but not for as long as the Lions did. They did not name the second team. They also said there would be more to follow on the story, probably tomorrow.

And the plot thickens....

/sidenote.. how come the plot never thins?

Scott Campbell
10-19-2008, 11:36 PM
Unbelievable. I hope its not true. This is beyond sad.

TheCheese
10-20-2008, 02:25 AM
Unbelievable. I hope its not true. This is beyond sad.

What gets me, is I grew up watching Favre. He was my favorite athlete/celebrity by far and he pulls some shit like that? If this really is true, I don't know how I'm going to call myself a Brett Favre fan.

RashanGary
10-20-2008, 05:39 AM
Honestly, I'm glad all of this is coming out. I've had a strong dislike toward Favre the person for some time. I've listened to his selfish post game conferences for too many years. I had the impression that to him, it was all about him and only him for some time. I'm glad to see everyone getting a taste of the real Brett when they had blinders on for so many years. Some will never come around, but it's good to get the real Brett out there for the open minded to see.

prsnfoto
10-20-2008, 08:41 AM
Honestly, I'm glad all of this is coming out. I've had a strong dislike toward Favre the person for some time. I've listened to his selfish post game conferences for too many years. I had the impression that to him, it was all about him and only him for some time. I'm glad to see everyone getting a taste of the real Brett when they had blinders on for so many years. Some will never come around, but it's good to get the real Brett out there for the open minded to see.

I just way dumder from reading this morons opinion. Tank is now the second biggest dope that has ever posted here we have a new winner Justin Ben "hospital" Sheets Harrell.

Scott Campbell
10-20-2008, 08:47 AM
I just way dumder from reading this morons opinion.

:shock:

:lol:

GBRulz
10-20-2008, 08:49 AM
I just way dumder from reading this morons opinion. Tank is now the second biggest dope that has ever posted here we have a new winner Justin Ben "hospital" Sheets Harrell.

He's actually very cool in person. Sorry JH, I know you have a rep to protect. Oh hell, most people probably won't believe me anyhow....carry on :wink:

KYPack
10-20-2008, 08:54 AM
Jason Wilde from the State Journal has an article this AM with a mild comformation of the Favre "leak" to the Lions.

"Two league sources said Sunday they had been told of Favre contacting the Lions last month, before Glazer's report. One said the report was "absolutely" true."

There is a pretty solid network of players that stay in contact with other teams and they spill info to each other to hurt their former teams and "enemies" on those teams. I'd imagine this story has some truth to it. And I don't really give a shit about it.

Lurker64
10-20-2008, 08:57 AM
I would like to point out that Brett has been known to manipulate the media with equivocation or outright untruths when it serves him to do so. When unretirementgate was first breaking, Brett told the media "It's all just rumor" which, while strictly true, was both dishonest and misleading.

So suffice to say, I don't really think that anybody should rely on Favre's word alone here. Since this is both potentially embarrassing for him as well as difficult to prove beyond a "he said/he said" situation, it does behoove Favre to lie, assuming the allegations are true.

Scott Campbell
10-20-2008, 08:59 AM
Geez - saw this on a Jets forum.

http://forums.theganggreen.com/customavatars/avatar432_11.gif

Ballboy
10-20-2008, 09:02 AM
How big of story is this really?

Players change teams many times and I'm sure there is a fair amount of "sharing" information in many cases. I remeber some teams signing other players off another teams practice squad in order to "pick their brains" for the team that they came from.

Yeah, it sucks that it is Brett. Yeah, if he "directly" called them with the intentions of telling them makes it even worse. How much different is this from the tampering charge? Brett can say he was just talking to a friend, nothing more.

We put up 40+ points on Detroit, don't think Brett will be coaching anytime soon.

Bossman641
10-20-2008, 09:16 AM

Players change teams many times and I'm sure there is a fair amount of "sharing" information in many cases. I remeber some teams signing other players off another teams practice squad in order to "pick their brains" for the team that they came from.

Yeah, it sucks that it is Brett. Yeah, if he "directly" called them with the intentions of telling them makes it even worse. How much different is this from the tampering charge? Brett can say he was just talking to a friend, nothing more.

We put up 40+ points on Detroit, don't think Brett will be coaching anytime soon.

I'd say a pretty big story. Teams signing reserve and PS players to pick their brain a little bit is in an entirely different realm than Favre seeking out other teams to give them secrets.

Patler
10-20-2008, 09:22 AM

If the story is true, I think it is different than the situations you mentioned because:

-this was not a player working with the team he now plays for, it is a player of team A providing details to team B about his former team C. It seems unusual for a player currently employed by one team to be working that closely with another team.

-the story suggests that Favre sought them out.

-several are now reporting that Favre also contacted other Packer opponents.

-this is not a journeyman player bouncing around the league who has some basic understanding of another team. This was a player who was paid something like $80 million by the Packers while there.

-and yes, this is a high profile player. Obligations on him may be different, the standard of "rightness" may be a bit higher; and he should realize that.

Deputy Nutz
10-20-2008, 09:51 AM

HA HA HA HA!!!
I won't even start, the evidence is inconclusive right now but that doesn't stop Harrell from spewing his stupidity

Tony Oday
10-20-2008, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the memories Brett!

That being said I hope you don't believe in Karma because as they say in Ebonics, you be F*cked. Keep a little dignity be above this, you were an everyman and thats why people loved you, know you are a spoiled little brat that didn't get his way. Please just go away.

Harlan Huckleby
10-20-2008, 12:00 PM
I don't care too much about this story, except as usual I am keen to hold the Ultimate Favre Fans' feet to the fire.

Last summer when Favre acted like a complete prima donna, the excuse from the UFFs was "TT must have done something really horrible to him. We don't know everything." Favre demands a release so he can play for the Vikings and seek bloody revenge; the response from the UFFs, "Just let him play."

Now Favre gets caught (evidently) trying to sabotage the team for revenge, and the UFF response, "Everybody does it."

Actually I exaggerate, most of the UFFs are in quiet mourning, even Partial has retracted his statement. So I am being a dick for rubbing it in.

I think the UFFs are like parents who adore their kid so much that they can't see how little junior is being disruptive at school. A better analogy is the dewy-eyed dog owner, they're the worst, with a snarling mutt. "Don't be afraid, he won't bite, he's actually very friendly."

arcilite
10-20-2008, 12:34 PM
Well, where there is smoke there is usually fire.

Jim Rome made an interesting point, out of all the comments by Packers players nobody said 'Favre would NEVER do anything like that'.

Kinda makes you think.

Fritz
10-20-2008, 01:04 PM
First, let's wait and see before we crucify the guy. Maybe it's crap, or maybe it's been exaggerated.

Secondly, if it is true, then wow - Brett is a very bitter dude. If that is so, then I think maybe we will get lucky and Brett will soon be posting on Packerrats.com secret insider info (what will his avatar and name be, I wonder?) about which Packer players and managment are "undersized" in the man department...

mmmdk
10-20-2008, 03:03 PM
The truth? Probably won't see the truth on this side of the dark moon.

...but I do know that Brett Favre busted his ass to get Randy Moss to the Green Bay Packers :lol: What the F@ck does that intail? Randy is quirky but smart & Brett is quirky but NOT SMART - so go figure 'not so Brady/brainy-like Brett. Favre doesn't lie about what he believes is the truth...he could work for McCain?

CaliforniaCheez
10-20-2008, 03:14 PM
Why would anyone believe anything without a shred of evidence when denials have been made.

The burden of proof is on the accuser.

What has happened when people will believe a greasy louidmouthed slimeball in LA without direct quotes from those allegedly involved over a direct denial of one allegedly involved.

It is up to the accuser to present facts supporting the conclusion and that hasn't happened.

Some just jump in without checking how deep it is.

sharpe1027
10-20-2008, 03:21 PM
Why would anyone believe anything without a shred of evidence when denials have been made.

I didn't know there were burden of proof rules for peopling making their personal opinions.

Evidence:
Multiple sources provide some level of confirmation.
Media has been known to break false stories.
The Lions chose not to deny it.
Favre denied it.
Favre has a recent history of being less than truthful.
Favre has an axe to grind.

Reasonable people could disagree on what likely happened. I tend to think there might be something to this, mostly based upon the Lions lack of a response. My guess is that the Lions are trying to make sure that it can't be proven before they deny it and then end up getting caught lying.

CaliforniaCheez
10-20-2008, 03:25 PM

I didn't know there were burden of proof rules for peopling making their personal opinions.

Evidence:
Multiple sources provide some level of confirmation. NAME ONE!!
Media has been known to break false stories.
The Lions chose not to deny it.
Favre denied it.
Favre has a recent history of being less than truthful. When??
Favre has an axe to grind.

Reasonable people could disagree on what likely happened. I tend to think there might be something to this, mostly based upon the Lions lack of a response. My guess is that the Lions are trying to make sure that it can't be proven before they deny it and then end up getting caught lying.

Absence of evidence is not evidence. If the Lions say "no comment" it doesn't mean anything except they don't want to be involved.

Tony Oday
10-20-2008, 03:28 PM
Jay Glazer seems to be well connected in the NFL as well.

SkinBasket
10-20-2008, 03:30 PM
OOooohhh! Can we get a fist fight to defend Brett's virgin honor?

sharpe1027
10-20-2008, 04:09 PM
Absence of evidence is not evidence.

evidence: that which tends to prove or disprove something

What the Lions say or do not say is evidence.

If the Lions say "no comment" it doesn't mean anything except they don't want to be involved.

It means they chose not to refute the allegations. I understand that I can't be sure that my opinion is correct; that doesn't mean I can't look at the situation and form an opinion from what evidence is out there.

run pMc
10-20-2008, 04:49 PM
Unfortunately, I don't think Brett's word alone carries much credibility. All of his retirement shenanigans have turned him into the Boy Who Cried Wolf.

I think this story will have some legs to it because Favre is a popular player. I don't know why Glazer (or any reporter) would report this without verifying their sources, but I think more details will come out. Until then, I'm reserving judgement...innocent until proven guilty and so forth. All the same, the fact that Favre's honesty and character are being called into question because of his past behavior does not reflect well on him.

He's a first-ballot HOF, but if this story is true the "first-ballot" part is in jeopardy.

ThunderDan
10-20-2008, 05:36 PM
Unfortunately, I don't think Brett's word alone carries much credibility. All of his retirement shenanigans have turned him into the Boy Who Cried Wolf.

I think this story will have some legs to it because Favre is a popular player. I don't know why Glazer (or any reporter) would report this without verifying their sources, but I think more details will come out. Until then, I'm reserving judgement...innocent until proven guilty and so forth. All the same, the fact that Favre's honesty and character are being called into question because of his past behavior does not reflect well on him.

He's a first-ballot HOF, but if this story is true the "first-ballot" part is in jeopardy.

run pMc -

I disagree. Favre is a first ballot HOF period no matter what. Unless he pulled a Pete Rose.

The Shadow
10-20-2008, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the memories Brett!

That being said I hope you don't believe in Karma because as they say in Ebonics, you be F*cked. Keep a little dignity be above this, you were an everyman and thats why people loved you, know you are a spoiled little brat that didn't get his way. Please just go away.

Knowing when it's time to leave, and doing it with grace and dignity is a true character test.
Whatever the fallout of this particular episode happens to be, I don't think anyone should be all that surprised, based on what we have seen previously from the player off the field.
And yup, Brett, that ol' karma can surely be a bitch.

Bretsky
10-20-2008, 05:45 PM
Maybe nobody cares, but ESPN sources are not reporting this because they believe it to be inaccurate. This came from ESPN 1070 Radio in case anybody calls for a source.

HarveyWallbangers
10-20-2008, 05:54 PM
Maybe nobody cares, but ESPN sources are not reporting this because they believe it to be inaccurate. This came from ESPN 1070 Radio in case anybody calls for a source.

It will be interesting to see what happens, but I don't put much stock into ESPN not reporting on a story they didn't break. Maybe Favre text messaged Mort and told him it was B.S.

Rastak
10-20-2008, 06:17 PM

It will be interesting to see what happens, but I don't put much stock into ESPN not reporting on a story they didn't break. Maybe Favre text messaged Mort and told him it was B.S.

Exactly.

Lurker64
10-20-2008, 06:33 PM

Exactly.

Yeah, ESPN is sort of legendary in NFL circles for being a mouthpiece for players who want to be heard. If Favre told Mort to kill the story, then not doing so would keep ESPN from being your #1 source for Brett Favre stories in the future. In any case where it comes down to "player vs. organization" ESPN is historically hilariously biased towards the player.

Packers4Ever
10-20-2008, 06:34 PM

Honestly, I don't know how you stood it this long, JH, how did you ever make it through all these years of listening to or watching PCs, seeing him break records left and right, not to mention his selfishness and your impression of the 'real Brett.' It must have been really rough. And then all those games to watch? whew.....

Of course you did have the option of how many other networks on TV, websites on your computer, etc...etc... ?? Sometimes it pays to just hit the ol' "off" button, you might have felt much better.

I'm feeling real bad but I think I'll wait for all the details to come in.....good luck to you.

Bretsky
10-20-2008, 06:44 PM

Exactly.

Yeah, ESPN is sort of legendary in NFL circles for being a mouthpiece for players who want to be heard. If Favre told Mort to kill the story, then not doing so would keep ESPN from being your #1 source for Brett Favre stories in the future. In any case where it comes down to "player vs. organization" ESPN is historically hilariously biased towards the player.

On the other hand Glazer is always that guy trying to break something.

NFL Network and ESPN are the NFL studs in terms of quality reporting. Fox is he wanna be IMO and they are trying to one up the big boys.

That being said, it would not surprise me if this is true or false

Bossman641
10-20-2008, 06:45 PM

Exactly.

Not to mention the article about Glazer said he specifically didn't go to Brett and ask him about it first cause he knew Brett would run off to Mort and his other boys at ESPN and shoot the story down before it even had a chance to grow legs.

Bossman641
10-20-2008, 06:51 PM
Glazer also explained why he didn’t call Favre for a response. Glazer said that he feared Favre would have promptly called someone from ESPN to give them Favre’s skewed version of the situation. With the ESPN pregame show starting an hour before FOX’s, it would have been easy for ESPN to “scoop” Glazer.

(But since ESPN didn’t break the story, there’s not a single reference to it on ESPN.com. Even the army of eight former beat writers who cover four teams each for ESPN.com have yet to mention the story.)

Here's the quote I was talking about. ESPN has been wrong on a ton of things they have said, I'm not sure why NOW they would be so concerned about double and triple-checking sources.

Bretsky
10-20-2008, 06:54 PM
Glazer also explained why he didn’t call Favre for a response. Glazer said that he feared Favre would have promptly called someone from ESPN to give them Favre’s skewed version of the situation. With the ESPN pregame show starting an hour before FOX’s, it would have been easy for ESPN to “scoop” Glazer.

(But since ESPN didn’t break the story, there’s not a single reference to it on ESPN.com. Even the army of eight former beat writers who cover four teams each for ESPN.com have yet to mention the story.)

Here's the quote I was talking about. ESPN has been wrong on a ton of things they have said, I'm not sure why NOW they would be so concerned about double and triple-checking sources.

The local ESPN radio guys said they are not reporting the story because their sources believe it to be inaccurate

boiga
10-20-2008, 07:04 PM
On the other hand Glazer is always that guy trying to break something.

NFL Network and ESPN are the NFL studs in terms of quality reporting. Fox is he wanna be IMO and they are trying to one up the big boys.

That being said, it would not surprise me if this is true or false I suppose it depends on what you call quality reporting. The only two guys in NFL Journalism that seem to have any kind of inside access regarding breaking stories are Jay Glazer and Adam Schefter. And of those two, Schefter seems to have gotten more breaking stories blatantly wrong than Glazer.

Peter King has too much of a buddy relationship with the players and ESPN handicaps their journalists with excessive control from above. There has so much buzz about this controversy that ESPN censorship is the only explanation I can think of that this hasn't even been addressed on the NFCN blog.

Also, I really despise Mortenson, Clayton, and Wocdydsfljhsdlfasf so that biases me against ESPN. At least I admit my bias though.

Harlan Huckleby
10-20-2008, 07:22 PM
The local ESPN radio guys said they are not reporting the story because their sources believe it to be inaccurate

The "local radio guys" you refer to are Heller & Murphy, who are Favre loyalists and TT critics. They are in denial. They know nothing.

Rastak
10-20-2008, 07:23 PM
The way Glazer is emphatically standing by the story and with Wilde confirming with his sources I tend to believe it. Pretty low.

Bossman641
10-20-2008, 07:37 PM
It's a sad day when I'm 1000% more inclined to believe what's coming out of Glazer's mouth then Favre's, but Favre showed his true colors this offseason and that's exactly the point we've reached.

GrnBay007
10-20-2008, 08:23 PM
What the Lions say or do not say is evidence.

Lions chief operating officer Tom Lewand also denied the story to King. "There was no coaching of our coaching staff by Brett Favre," Lewand said.

USA Today sports

http://blogs.usatoday.com/thehuddle/2008/10/did-favre-coach.html

RashanGary
10-20-2008, 08:29 PM
That is not a denial. They should have said, "there was no competitive advantage given to our organization by Brett FAvre". What they did say was very calculated, broad and full of wiggle room. They pretty much said nothing in a way to influence opinion, and made sure not to lie. Only the most ardent Favre crusaders are going to use that as closure. Anyone with a brain, on the other hand, should see right through that silliness. Same as the Marinelli, "no comment" :) :). Yeah, real strong denial guys. Way to stamp it with your seal of honor hahaha. Anyone who believes that PM me, I have some land to sell you.

GrnBay007
10-20-2008, 08:37 PM
You know, it really doesn't matter what anyone says. Those willing to take the word of an unnamed source are mostly those that expressed hatred toward Favre since the summer. Guess I'd rather wait to see who the "source" is and what they actually have to say. ....but that's just me.

Have fun with your hating though.....

Harlan Huckleby
10-20-2008, 08:44 PM
Lions chief operating officer Tom Lewand also denied the story to King. "There was no coaching of our coaching staff by Brett Favre," Lewand said

Lewand may or may not be aware of the conversations. He may be lying to save face for his organization.

Its possible Leward knows the whole truth and is telling it; But then you have to believe that Glazer and Wilde's sources are lying.

We will never know for sure. You have to look at Favre's other behavior, and guess the likelyhood that the story was fabricated.

Harlan Huckleby
10-20-2008, 08:47 PM
You know, it really doesn't matter what anyone says. Those willing to take the word of an unnamed source are mostly those that expressed hatred toward Favre since the summer. Guess I'd rather wait to see who the "source" is and what they actually have to say. ....but that's just me.

You mean like the hatred that FAvre supporters have expressed towards TT and the Packers organization? Hoping that Favre would play for the Vikings and get revenge?

You throw that "hate" word around too loosly. FAvre has been hateful, as have his supporters. I'd stay away from name-calling contests if I were you.

RashanGary
10-20-2008, 08:50 PM
He may be lying to save face for his organization.

Its possible Leward knows the whole truth and is telling it; But then you have to believe that Glazer and Wilde's sources are lying.

Reread that statement. It said nothing. Favre is said to have talked to Matt Millen, not the LIon coaches and what hte hell his coaching a coach. That statement couldn't be more phony.

Rastak
10-20-2008, 08:51 PM

You mean like the hatred that FAvre supporters have expressed towards TT and the Packers organization? Hoping that Favre would play for the Vikings and get revenge?

You throw that "hate" word around too loosly. FAvre has been hateful, as have his supporters. I'd stay away from name-calling contests if I were you.

Oh bullshit (if I may jump in here). He just wanted to play for the Pack and he was told to go away. Obviously he's going to get pissed. I guess I missed the part where he did all kinds of nasty things to the Packers before he was traded.

Now this latest thing IS NASTY. And I understand why people would be pissed.

GrnBay007
10-20-2008, 08:52 PM

LOL I haven't called anyone a name. I said those that expressed hatred toward Favre. I don't think anyone that supported Favre has expressed the hatred toward TT that has been expressed toward Favre. ...not anywhere close. Anyway, like I said, I'd rather wait to see if there even is a source and what they have to say.

HarveyWallbangers
10-20-2008, 08:56 PM
I don't think anyone that supported Favre has expressed the hatred toward TT that has been expressed toward Favre. ...not anywhere close.

These are the ones that get me. There have been people as "hateful" towards Thompson as some have gotten towards Favre, but we see and remember what we want.

Harlan Huckleby
10-20-2008, 09:01 PM
I don't think anyone that supported Favre has expressed the hatred toward TT that has been expressed toward Favre. ...not anywhere close.

Favre has recieved more criticism overall than TT, but that is because most people have come to the conclusion that TT is in the right.

if you look in this forum, most of the passion has come from the butt-sore Favre fans, who just won't let go.

Listening to talk radio, I would say the zealots who actually seem to hate either TT or Favre are split 50-50.

GrnBay007
10-20-2008, 09:02 PM
If I cared enough I'd look them up....but I don't.

You have your perception, I have mine.

Harlan Huckleby
10-20-2008, 09:04 PM

I think the people who are pissed about this latest incident tend to be people who stuck-by Favre in the past. Most of the "Favre haters" (which by now likely number about 80% of fans), decided that Favre was over the line a long time ago.

GrnBay007
10-20-2008, 09:05 PM
if you look in this forum, most of the passion has come from the butt-sore Favre fans, who just won't let go.

butt sore Favre fans that won't let go???? LOL

Seems for the most part the people that wanted to continue to support Favre peacefully posted content in one thread......at the request of others that didn't care to see multiple threads. Then a RUMOR (yes, to date it is a rumor) appears and look what we have? multiple thread about that evil Favre. :roll:

I'm done.

Harlan Huckleby
10-20-2008, 09:08 PM
I'm done.

no, don't do it. you have so much to live for!

so many people love you. i realize this is all terribly disappointing, but some day a new Brett Favre will come along for you. Why, he may already be QBing the packers.

GrnBay007
10-20-2008, 09:10 PM
Grow up HH

Rastak
10-20-2008, 09:11 PM
Grow up HH

Might as well wish for the moon..... :lol:

Harlan Huckleby
10-20-2008, 09:11 PM
i'll get right on that.

Scott Campbell
10-20-2008, 09:16 PM
If he didn't do it - the media owes him a HUGE apology.
If he did do it - I can't even imagine what it would do to his Packer legacy.

I sure hope we find out one way or the other.

Jimx29
10-20-2008, 11:01 PM
The Lions??

Why the hell would he even consider detroilet when the vikings/cowboys/etc.....stood/stand to make more of the situation??

This is bs all the way.
glaizer needs to prove "sources" or stfu.

The Gunshooter
10-20-2008, 11:02 PM
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/248391/dog_shit_on_bed/

Patler
10-20-2008, 11:52 PM
The Lions??

Why the hell would he even consider detroilet when the vikings/cowboys/etc.....stood/stand to make more of the situation??

This is bs all the way.
glaizer needs to prove "sources" or stfu.

Well, you don't know that he didn't have discussions with other teams as well. Several reports have said other teams were involved, too.

I doubt it is bs all the way, too many sources supporting it. It also may not be as egregious as some suggest. Probably somewhere in the middle.

sharpe1027
10-20-2008, 11:56 PM
Oh bullshit (if I may jump in here). He just wanted to play for the Pack and he was told to go away. Obviously he's going to get pissed. I guess I missed the part where he did all kinds of nasty things to the Packers before he was traded.

I call bullshit right back. :lol:

Favre didn't just want to play for the Pack. If he did, he would be in uniform right now. Whatever else happened, right, wrong or indifferent, Favre was put on the roster and asked point blank if he could move on and just play football for the Packers. He said no.

I'm not saying he didn't have his reasons or that he wasn't justified, but anyone that pretends it was a simple matter of Favre wanting back and being denied is just plain wrong.

I don't know about "all kinds of nasty things," but he did and said enough things to at the very least raise some eyebrows.

Zool
10-20-2008, 11:59 PM

I call bullshit right back. :lol:

Favre didn't just want to play for the Pack. If he did, he would be in uniform right now. Whatever else happened, right, wrong or indifferent, Favre was put on the roster and asked point blank if he could move on and just play football for the Packers. He said no.

I'm not saying he didn't have his reasons or that he wasn't justified, but anyone that pretends it was a simple matter of Favre wanting back and being denied is just plain wrong.

I don't know about "all kinds of nasty things," but he did and said enough things to at the very least raise some eyebrows.

Can you imagine this place if Favre was on the bench? I wouldnt even bother to login.

cpk1994
10-21-2008, 05:52 AM
And OJ was acquitted of murder. Doesn't mean it didn't happen. Walks like a duck, talks like a duck and all that.

Bossman641
10-21-2008, 07:25 AM
I'm just wondering how long the ultimate Favre fans will keep making excuses for everything Favre until he stops getting the benefit of the doubt.

First it was that TT didn't call Brett and tell him they'd take him back for another year
HE DID

Then it was that TT pushed Favre into retirement and didn't give him time
HE DIDN'T

Then they said those reports of him wanting to play for another team way back in April were false
THEY WEREN'T

Then that TT must have deeply wronged Brett and that the truth would come out
HE DIDN'T, AND INSTEAD BRETT WENT ON GRETA AND LOOKED LIKE AN IDIOT

Where does it stop?

Glazer would have nothing to gain by lying about this. It's not like he's some up and coming reporter trying to scoop a new story. He's already well-connected and one of the better informed in the business IMO.

NewsBruin
10-21-2008, 07:31 AM
I've skimmed the thread, and I wanted to pop in these thoughts:

1. I wouldn't put it past Brett to call Packer opponents and give them 2007 coaching intelligence.

2. "Tampering" applies only to contract status, not coaching/intelligence sharing. The Vikes could be cleared of tampering, but that has nothing to do with Brett sharing information.

3. Since Glazer has been wrong before, I would like to see one of the adamant "Glazer is wrong" posters present an example. Glazer would be risking his job if he made this up out of whole cloth. He would have had to tell his editors who his sources were, and they would have believed it was worth a libel lawsuit to run with it.

Brett, whom I like on the field, has been wrong more times than the average media. I will cede the "team cell phone" angle, and I would like to know who planted that one.

4. Speaking of sources, someone mentioned Woodward and Bernstein. Their main source, who was correct, stayed anonymous until after his death.

5. Speaking of sources, the person who leaked this had to have plenty of details of what was going on, but had absolutely no interest in Brett's legacy or the Lions' reputation. If I had to guess, based on those assumptions and the timing, I would say that this came from Millen, who said "screw all" to ever wanting another job with an NFL team.

6. This is why, if your quarterback presses to attend training camp, and you don't want him, you stick him in conditioning and skill drills day-in and day-out. I think a lot got revamped in the offseason, and Brett had nothing but old news.

Deputy Nutz
10-21-2008, 08:09 AM

The "local radio guys" you refer to are Heller & Murphy, who are Favre loyalists and TT critics. They are in denial. They know nothing.

Bill Michaels from WTMJ 620am did something really strange for a microphone holder, he actually got off his fat ass and called some people, called sources, instead of just reading what is put in front of him he did his own reporting and basically came to the conclussion that Glazer's piece is totally blown out of proportion. There was a conversation between Favre and Millen but that it certainly wasn't 90 minutes long and it didn't have anything to do with game plans. The Packers were brought up in the conversation.

Again, I ask this why the Lions and Why would it matter? The Lions most likely have the information that they needed, and quality of info Favre gave them certainly couldn't have been the as good as say the first 15 scripted plays of the game for the Packers, or the line calls which are most likely changed from 2007. If Favre is that disgruntled to call the Lions, then God help him, I am sure the Packer Talking Heads aren't helping this story alongs. Ari Flescher is probably spinning this like crazy.

Bretsky
10-21-2008, 08:21 AM
The great politician in Packerland :lol:

cpk1994
10-21-2008, 08:37 AM

Bill Michaels from WTMJ 620am did something really strange for a microphone holder, he actually got off his fat ass and called some people, called sources, instead of just reading what is put in front of him he did his own reporting and basically came to the conclussion that Glazer's piece is totally blown out of proportion. There was a conversation between Favre and Millen but that it certainly wasn't 90 minutes long and it didn't have anything to do with game plans. The Packers were brought up in the conversation.

Again, I ask this why the Lions and Why would it matter? The Lions most likely have the information that they needed, and quality of info Favre gave them certainly couldn't have been the as good as say the first 15 scripted plays of the game for the Packers, or the line calls which are most likely changed from 2007. If Favre is that disgruntled to call the Lions, then God help him, I am sure the Packer Talking Heads aren't helping this story alongs. Ari Flescher is probably spinning this like crazy.So let me get this straight, Glazer, who was on this story for weeks is wrong, but Bill Michaels, who makes 3 phone calls on one day and says this is nothing is right? :roll:

Harlan Huckleby
10-21-2008, 08:55 AM
Glazer's piece is totally blown out of proportion. There was a conversation between Favre and Millen but that it certainly wasn't 90 minutes long and it didn't have anything to do with game plans.

Its possible that this is the whole story. Except .... why would both Glazer and Wilde stick their necks out if this is all there is to it? Obviously some sources say there is more to it.

This story allows people to believe what they want to believe. I decided that Favre was a skunk when he demanded to be released from his contract so he could play for the Vikings. This latest story is just more of the same Diva behavior, so it seems credible.

Deputy Nutz
10-21-2008, 09:01 AM
When Glazer cares to reveal his sources then I will care, same with Wilde. Wilde is a good reporter but he certainly has a distain for Favre. I am not calling Glazer full of shit, I just want to know his sources and to see if they have any cred.

Bill Micheals is very respected name in the business and I guess if you want to shit on him to prove your point then don't fuck with me when I choose to do the same to Glazer.

Harlan Huckleby
10-21-2008, 09:08 AM
When Glazer cares to reveal his sources then I will care, same with Wilde. Wilde is a good reporter but he certainly has a distain for Favre. I am not calling Glazer full of shit, I just want to know his sources and to see if they have any cred.

Bill Micheals is very respected name in the business and I guess if you want to shit on him to prove your point then don't fuck with me when I choose to do the same to Glazer.

Bill Michaels found some sources that say the incident was no big deal. But that does not disapprove Wilde and Glazer's sources. They may all be credible insiders, all be telling the truth, but Wilde and Glazer's sources may simply know more.

You can't expect reporters to reveal their sources, that just doesn't happen.

Patler
10-21-2008, 09:14 AM
Bill Michaels is the same guy who had inside sources who told him the Packers had finalized a trade up and would draft Reggie Bush (or was it Mario Williams?). He reported it the entire morning of the draft as fact, not even rumor.

Bill Michael's can be entertaining to listen to, giving his opinion, etc; but his investigative reporting has not been very accurate over the years.

cpk1994
10-21-2008, 09:21 AM

Bill Michaels found some sources that say the incident was no big deal. But that does not disapprove Wilde and Glazer's sources. They may all be credible insiders, all be telling the truth, but Wilde and Glazer's sources may simply know more.

You can't expect reporters to reveal their sources, that just doesn't happen.For all we know, Michaels souce could be Scott Favre. Speaking of whom, its amazing he hasn't spoken yet. He usally loves to run his mouth to the media any chance he gets.

Harlan Huckleby
10-21-2008, 09:25 AM
BTW, I think Bill Michaels is an idiot. I didn't say that earlier because I didn't want to hurt Nutz's feelings, but now that you've opened the bag...

RashanGary
10-21-2008, 09:54 AM
I agree with Michaels that it was no big deal, competitively.

I believe Glazer that it happened.

At the end of the day, it's not some huge football story but it does tell a lot about Brett Favre, who he is. The crusaders who worship Favre will dismiss it. The rest of the normal population sees yet antoher stain of Favre, the persons reputation.

mraynrand
10-21-2008, 10:07 AM
This latest story is just more of the same Diva behavior, so it seems credible.

I don't think this is the case. I'm not commenting on the details of the story, because it's so vague and new, I don't trust anything yet. What I am commenting on is that if Favre, on his own, sought out coaches on other teams to specifically give them a lot of advice on how to beat the Packers, this is not just more Diva stuff. It is enemy action. If true, it totally tarnishes Favre. Unforgivably tarnishes Favre. The Greta thing was pathetic and sad, but you could forgive the guy after he had essentially been divorced by a woman who he believed was lucky to be married to him. This new story, if true to the extent I describe, would finish him off.

prsnfoto
10-21-2008, 10:08 AM
That is not a denial. They should have said, "there was no competitive advantage given to our organization by Brett FAvre". What they did say was very calculated, broad and full of wiggle room. They pretty much said nothing in a way to influence opinion, and made sure not to lie. Only the most ardent Favre crusaders are going to use that as closure. Anyone with a brain, on the other hand, should see right through that silliness. Same as the Marinelli, "no comment" :) :). Yeah, real strong denial guys. Way to stamp it with your seal of honor hahaha. Anyone who believes that PM me, I have some land to sell you.

Does this not leave you out of the conversation!!!!!!! Here is some advice instead of having this infatuation with the Packers former QB why don't you start stroking your supposed new favorite player back to health so he can actually fucking contribute to the team.

Harlan Huckleby
10-21-2008, 10:09 AM
ahhhh, demanding he be released so he could go play for the Vikings was also "enemy action." Its all just scorned lover stuff.

I don't think him talking to the Lions about the PAckers means all that much, it sounds like it arose out of a social conversation wiht Millan, and he went too far.

Deputy Nutz
10-21-2008, 10:13 AM
Gosh Harlan you got so worked up you made a spelling error.

GBRulz
10-21-2008, 10:19 AM
Does this not leave you out of the conversation!!!!!!! Here is some advice instead of having this infatuation with the Packers former QB why don't you start stroking your supposed new favorite player back to health so he can actually fucking contribute to the team.

JH is faithful to only stroking TT !! Get it right! :lol:

prsnfoto
10-21-2008, 10:23 AM

I think the people who are pissed about this latest incident tend to be people who stuck-by Favre in the past. Most of the "Favre haters" (which by now likely number about 80% of fans), decided that Favre was over the line a long time ago.

This comment is a blatant lie this forum is 80% the real world is way more the other way you need to go to Green Bay and talk to bar owners,vendors,ticket holders,parking lot attendants to get the real story and impact. Sales are non existant, tickets are cheap, bars are not as busy except this Sunday we did something different our bus trip normally goes to Stadium View this year we went to Brett Favre's Steakhouse for our tailgate it was packed and a a very good tailgate, we went back toward SV before the game and they were slow for a Packer game. As my group worked back to the Stadium amazingly as the three other games I have been to I could have bought tickets for face or less this did not happen during the BF era unless it was 30 degrees below zero or raining against the Lions and nobody cared. I will be the first to admit it should not be this way Rodger's has played well and I do believe it will get better as time goes on IF they win and go to the PLAYOFFS if not 80% on this forum will shed a tear when TT gets shitcanned but I hate to break the news to you most of GB will not.

arcilite
10-21-2008, 10:39 AM

This comment is a blatant lie this forum is 80% the real world is way more the other way you need to go to Green Bay and talk to bar owners,vendors,ticket holders,parking lot attendants to get the real story and impact. Sales are non existant, tickets are cheap, bars are not as busy except this Sunday we did something different our bus trip normally goes to Stadium View this year we went to Brett Favre's Steakhouse for our tailgate it was packed and a a very good tailgate, we went back toward SV before the game and they were slow for a Packer game. As my group worked back to the Stadium amazingly as the three other games I have been to I could have bought tickets for face or less this did not happen during the BF era unless it was 30 degrees below zero or raining against the Lions and nobody cared. I will be the first to admit it should not be this way Rodger's has played well and I do believe it will get better as time goes on IF they win and go to the PLAYOFFS if not 80% on this forum will shed a tear when TT gets shitcanned but I hate to break the news to you most of GB will not.

lol wat?

dude you're looney

Zool
10-21-2008, 10:41 AM
Punctuation is good. As are line breaks. Makes your rant easier to read.

Bossman641
10-21-2008, 10:56 AM

I think he scribbled that rant in blood on a crumbled up piece of paper first and then decided to type it.

mraynrand
10-21-2008, 10:57 AM
ahhhh, demanding he be released so he could go play for the Vikings was also "enemy action." Its all just scorned lover stuff.

I don't think him talking to the Lions about the PAckers means all that much, it sounds like it arose out of a social conversation wiht Millan, and he went too far.

I forgot about that Viking trade demand (how could I?). That's enemy action AND scored lover. I believe my reaction at the time was FUCK FAVRE!

It is looking like there will be no Favre statue next to Curly and Vince!

HarveyWallbangers
10-21-2008, 11:09 AM
This comment is a blatant lie this forum is 80% the real world is way more the other way you need to go to Green Bay

Actually, they had a poll throughout Wisconsin during the Favre saga in training camp, and I was surprised that the least amount of support Favre had was in the city of Green Bay.

Patler
10-21-2008, 11:51 AM

You do realize, don't you, that this is a problem all over the league this year, not just in Green Bay? No-shows are up, sales of team goods are down, sales of associated goods and services around the stadiums are down. Its the general state of the economy. People are worried and not as willing to spend on frivolous things. Gas prices are way up. To keep the costs of a game weekend down people are spending less in bars and restaurants. Fewer people are willing to go looking for tickets, so ticket resale prices are down.

The league discussed this very issue at the owners meeting two weeks ago. The NBA has already undergone some cost cutting measures at the league level, and the NFL is considering similar measures.

As I mentioned, the NFL has recognized this to be the situation through out the league. Are fans through out the entire league in mourning because Favre is no longer in GB?

GBRulz
10-21-2008, 11:59 AM
This comment is a blatant lie this forum is 80% the real world is way more the other way you need to go to Green Bay

Actually, they had a poll throughout Wisconsin during the Favre saga in training camp, and I was surprised that the least amount of support Favre had was in the city of Green Bay.

There were tons of polls going on at the time. You can't really stat facts based on what a poll says. By living here and knowing what many think of the overall situation is more credible to me, than any poll will state. Most of the GB taxpayers look at the Packers in a different way than your average fan. They look at it from a money standpoint. They want people here so the 1/2% sales tax/renovation can be paid off quicker. They know Favre brought dollars to the organization. Sure, many are glad that he's gone, but on the other hand, you have your extremists that refuse to attend a game until TT is gone from the organization.

The facts speak for themselves, it has nothing to do if you are a fan of Favre or not. He brought people to GB. People bring $$$. This year, camp attendance was way down. Last year, you couldn't touch a ticket for less than $200, this year, it's about half that. Booking a hotel on a home game weekend the day before a game was unheard of until this year. The biggest selling jersey in GB at the Jersey Store is #4 Jet's jersey. Family Night didn't sell out until the day or two before, again, unheard of. blah blah blah, you get the point.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080820/PKR07/80820178/0/PKR04

arcilite
10-21-2008, 12:10 PM

There were tons of polls going on at the time. You can't really stat facts based on what a poll says. By living here and knowing what many think of the overall situation is more credible to me, than any poll will state. Most of the GB taxpayers look at the Packers in a different way than your average fan. They look at it from a money standpoint. They want people here so the 1/2% sales tax/renovation can be paid off quicker. They know Favre brought dollars to the organization. Sure, many are glad that he's gone, but on the other hand, you have your extremists that refuse to attend a game until TT is gone from the organization.

The facts speak for themselves, it has nothing to do if you are a fan of Favre or not. He brought people to GB. People bring $$$. This year, camp attendance was way down. Last year, you couldn't touch a ticket for less than $200, this year, it's about half that. Booking a hotel on a home game weekend the day before a game was unheard of until this year. The biggest selling jersey in GB at the Jersey Store is #4 Jet's jersey. Family Night didn't sell out until the day or two before, again, unheard of. blah blah blah, you get the point.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080820/PKR07/80820178/0/PKR04

...Insert Patler's post here....... and your argument is voided.

GBRulz
10-21-2008, 12:14 PM

Does the economy have something to do with it? Yes, it probably does, but didn't we have expensive gas last year, too? And funny how the article in the PG states this...

It appears Brett Favre separation anxiety has taken hold. The largest crowd of training camp showed up on the day Favre was expected to take the practice field. Instead, Favre was traded to the New York Jets, and fans have stayed away in droves.

Let me guess on your response, gas was 10 cents cheaper that day so my argument is invalid ?

cheesner
10-21-2008, 12:16 PM

This doesn't refute Glaziers claims. The story is that Brett talked to Millen about hunting and then Millen turned the conversation over to the coaching staff when Brett talked for 60-90 minutes regarding the nuances of the Packer offense.

Glazier never said that Favre talked to Millen for 90 mins about the Packers.

Patler
10-21-2008, 12:27 PM

Does the economy have something to do with it? Yes, it probably does, but didn't we have expensive gas last year, too? And funny how the article in the PG states this...

It appears Brett Favre separation anxiety has taken hold. The largest crowd of training camp showed up on the day Favre was expected to take the practice field. Instead, Favre was traded to the New York Jets, and fans have stayed away in droves.

Let me guess on your response, gas was 10 cents cheaper that day so my argument is invalid ?

There is nothing surprising about that, considering all the hype associated with his expected appearance, the fact that many people thought they would get one last chance to see him in training camp after thinking he was gone and retired, etc. No one is disputing that Favre was the most popular Packer. But the current economic softness, which is being experienced league wide, has a lot more factors to it even in Green Bay than just Favre's departure.

mraynrand
10-21-2008, 12:32 PM

There's a big difference between support for Favre and his draw. Even if a ton more people disliked him for his off season antics, he still would be a huge draw. He was (and still is) a hugely popular figure in the NFL. The controversies change the tone and opinion of people, but not their interest. His ability (or lack thereof as the case may be) to move the ball and score on the field will much more dramatically affect his draw than these quasi off-field controversies.

MOBB DEEP
10-21-2008, 01:46 PM
I agree with Michaels that it was no big deal, competitively.

I believe Glazer that it happened.

At the end of the day, it's not some huge football story but it does tell a lot about Brett Favre, who he is. The crusaders who worship Favre will dismiss it. The rest of the normal population sees yet antoher stain of Favre, the persons reputation.

since u have that awesome avatar im sure u know the story of the prodigal son

we ALL stray from doing the right thing ("none is righteous. not one." "all have sinned and fall short of His glory")

its easy to bash others and neglect to overcome one's own shortcomings; its human nature. ive done worse things than moss, t.o., and favre combined. and i actually feel that the way i used to treat women (mentally and physically) is more deleterious to mankind than what VICK DA GREAT got pinched for. i pray without ceasing to be forgiven and if not for the grace of God...

point is we'er all fallable so i dont revere favre more than any other mere man. i was told by a member of my dissertation committe that i use "loaded words" alot. it carries over to my overall personality'; im hyped about alot of things so when i it comes to sports i smetimes engage in hyperbole. but at the end of the day these pro athletes are merely a small part of the big picture. i love the entertainment they provide but TRY HARD not to judge them (kinda hard with TO, even tho his antics arent worse than my shoving several of my ladies in college)

if this is true, i'll be very disappointed in favre. it would def be troubling to me. thats a terrible thing to do giving his legacy. SO vindictive/cruddy that it would certainly be a chink in his armor. just like the womanizn that he and i did in wisconsin in the 90'S - lol. btw, sterling sharpe was seeing this BAD white hottie at my undergraduate insitution. i mean HOT TO DEF! dayum

anyway, just for the record i havent engaged in hero worship since highschool - sweetness and bird (when i was a child i thought as a child but when i became a man, i put away childish things). btw, bird being a deadbeat dad was the impetus for my gaining the proper perspective

i think we can all agree that this would be a stain but that we can just admire the man's skills and leave it to His Maker to do the judging. same with this forum; posters dont REALLY know other posters so the character assasinations arent nice. name calln on a public forum? heartless sarcasm? no one here should have contempt for another no more than they should have for #4. i think its nuts for a Pack fan to have hatred for a our qb of a decade and a half

cant we all just get along...?? we're all apart of the packer fandom (a family) lets respect each other's opinions and have clean banter

ok, sermons over

The Shadow
10-21-2008, 05:59 PM

Personally, I'd rather have the Packers win a Super Bowl than participate in a single player-based cult mentality.
Wouldn't you?

MJZiggy
10-21-2008, 07:45 PM

There is nothing surprising about that, considering all the hype associated with his expected appearance, the fact that many people thought they would get one last chance to see him in training camp after thinking he was gone and retired, etc. No one is disputing that Favre was the most popular Packer. But the current economic softness, which is being experienced league wide, has a lot more factors to it even in Green Bay than just Favre's departure.

I spent a LOT of money in Green Bay this year (especially since I got that cheap flight, hotel and tickets). I had to buy a new bag (at the Pro Shop, of course) to haul it all home in and then I had to pay to check a bag because you can only carry on two. Bastards. (But now I have a nice, new knitting bag for the metro).

cpk1994
10-21-2008, 08:12 PM

Let me guess on your response, gas was 10 cents cheaper that day so my argument is invalid ?But last year you didn't have people in a panic due to failing of morgage lenders and a stock market which collapsed, serverly denting peoples 401k's.

Scott Campbell
10-21-2008, 08:23 PM
You do realize, don't you, that this is a problem all over the league this year, not just in Green Bay? No-shows are up, sales of team goods are down, sales of associated goods and services around the stadiums are down. Its the general state of the economy. People are worried and not as willing to spend on frivolous things. Gas prices are way up. To keep the costs of a game weekend down people are spending less in bars and restaurants. Fewer people are willing to go looking for tickets, so ticket resale prices are down.

Geez Patler, I'm surprised you can't follow along a little better. The economy is the dumps for 1 very good reason - Ted traded Brett to the Jets.

Joemailman
10-21-2008, 08:57 PM
I wonder who Jay Glazer's source is? or if there's evidence.

Don't know who Glazer's source is, but I'm surprised at the details he gave Jim Rome. Did Millen talk, or was it one of the coaches on the phone?
http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/10/20/reporter-stands-by-favre-lions-story-quot-1-000-quot.aspx

Scott Campbell
10-21-2008, 09:12 PM
Geez, that's pretty damning. Especially the part about what his Jets teammates are saying about it. They're as tired of his jilted lover syndrome as we are.

SnakeLH2006
10-22-2008, 12:14 AM
[quote="GBRulz"][quote=arcilite]

[i]It appears Brett Favre separation anxiety has taken hold. [u][b]The largest crowd of training camp showed up on the day Favre was expected to take the practice field. Instead, Favre was traded to the New York Jets, and fans have stayed away in droves.

Let me guess on your response, gas was 10 cents cheaper that day so my argument is invalid ? But last year you didn't have people in a panic due to failing of morgage lenders and a stock market which collapsed, serverly denting peoples 401k's.

Damn CPK, you're mom just called me and said you made her write this because you wouldn't go to bed. Go to bed little guy! We are both doing our best for ya. School's tomorrow! :lol:

As far as the "allegation" of this all with Brett. If true, I've been HUGE Favre supporter throughout the PR civil war this offseason, but will officially jump off his bandwagon as this does seem feasible, if proven true.

Brett's word "It's B.S." doesn't carry as much clout as it used to obviously these days. Is he bitter. Yes. Would I bury my former employment (if in my mind they fucked me over major as Brett implies they did), probably YES. Does this surprise me that this is a HUGE story? NO (any Brett story gives major dollars to whomever breaks the story). Do I believe it? Possibly (as he's shown he's pretty bitter and where there's smoke there's fire). Will I let this story damn Brett to hell? No (unless some source steps up on video to validate it).

Snake's Take:

It seems pretty damn shitty. IF THIS IS TRUE.....I'm VERY disappointed in Brett. If not (there's no way 1000 journalists and GM's can just say it didn't happen as it will always be an asterisk) it still sucks for GB and Brett. Pretty shitty indeed and sad as I'm seeing a chance Brett goes into the HOF as Jet as a distinct possibility now. Pretty dirty stuff indeed.

SnakeLH2006
10-22-2008, 12:18 AM

Let me guess on your response, gas was 10 cents cheaper that day so my argument is invalid ?But last year you didn't have people in a panic due to failing of morgage lenders and a stock market which collapsed, serverly denting peoples 401k's.

Damn CPK, you're mom just called me and said you made her write this because you wouldn't go to bed. Go to bed little guy! We are both doing our best for ya. School's tomorrow! Laughing

As far as the "allegation" of this all with Brett. If true, I've been HUGE Favre supporter throughout the PR civil war this offseason, but will officially jump off his bandwagon as this does seem feasible, if proven true.

Brett's word "It's B.S." doesn't carry as much clout as it used to obviously these days. Is he bitter. Yes. Would I bury my former employment (if in my mind they fucked me over major as Brett implies they did), probably YES. Does this surprise me that this is a HUGE story? NO (any Brett story gives major dollars to whomever breaks the story). Do I believe it? Possibly (as he's shown he's pretty bitter and where there's smoke there's fire). Will I let this story damn Brett to hell? No (unless some source steps up on video to validate it).

Snake's Take:

It seems pretty damn shitty. IF THIS IS TRUE.....I'm VERY disappointed in Brett. If not (there's no way 1000 journalists and GM's can just say it didn't happen as it will always be an asterisk) it still sucks for GB and Brett. Pretty shitty indeed and sad as I'm seeing a chance Brett goes into the HOF as Jet as a distinct possibility now. Pretty dirty stuff indeed.

bobblehead
10-22-2008, 07:18 AM

whatareyourtalkingaboutthatwasoneofthebestthoughto utpostsihaveeverreadyouarejustahater.

Fritz
10-22-2008, 07:30 AM
I'm kind of feeling sorry for the Brettster now...here's a snippet of what Glazer said the Jets' players' reations were...

"I talked to some players in there, players and coaches. I asked them a couple of weeks ago and they said, 'It wouldn't surprise us.' I said, 'No?' They said, 'No. He is so...he needs to let it go. He is still very upset about this.' They were pretty adamant about his displeasure with the Green Bay Packers."

mraynrand
10-22-2008, 08:35 AM
Hell hath no fury like a Legend scorned.

falco
10-22-2008, 08:37 AM
this all could have been avoided if Favre had been tapped to replace Ron Wolf when he left

Harlan Huckleby
10-22-2008, 09:53 AM
this all could have been avoided if Favre had been tapped to replace Ron Wolf when he left

well, Coach & GM, like Sherm.

Geez, I just remembered that Holmgren left because they wouldn't give him the dual job. Then a year later, Wolf turns around and gives both jobs to the great Mike Sherman, Tight Ends Coach Extraordinaire. Did that really happen? Favre as Coach & GM suddenly sounds realistic.

Patler
10-22-2008, 10:19 AM
Geez, I just remembered that Holmgren left because they wouldn't give him the dual job. Then a year later, Wolf turns around and gives both jobs to the great Mike Sherman, Tight Ends Coach Extraordinaire.

Nah, it was two years later!
I think your mind has blanked out the Ray Rhodes season. Happens with many of us. Sort of a mental self-protection mechanism! :wink:

cpk1994
10-22-2008, 10:38 AM
I'm kind of feeling sorry for the Brettster now...here's a snippet of what Glazer said the Jets' players' reations were...

"I talked to some players in there, players and coaches. I asked them a couple of weeks ago and they said, 'It wouldn't surprise us.' I said, 'No?' They said, 'No. He is so...he needs to let it go. He is still very upset about this.' They were pretty adamant about his displeasure with the Green Bay Packers."Why would you feel sorry for Brett? He brought this and continues to bring it on himself.

Fritz
10-22-2008, 10:52 AM
Because he's in a place where he can't see what he's doing to himself.

Patler
10-22-2008, 11:21 AM

And those around him aren't helping him see it. From the high of last season, all the records set, the near-miss in the playoffs and the extreme adulation given him when he announced his retirement; his image has been on a decline. From being one who could do no wrong in the eyes of a great many he began to look indecisive, then deceitful; childish, then petty; conniving, now vindictive.

Things did not turn out as he hoped for or planned. He made some mistakes along the way. The more he tries to blame others or get back at others for it, the worse it likely will be for his image. He needs to listen to his team mates, both past and present, who have said it is time to let it go and just move on.

MOBB DEEP
10-22-2008, 11:29 AM

And those around him aren't helping him see it. From the high of last season, all the records set, the near-miss in the playoffs and the extreme adulation given him when he announced his retirement; his image has been on a decline. From being one who could do no wrong in the eyes of a great many he began to look indecisive, then deceitful; childish, then petty; conniving, now vindictive.

Things did not turn out as he hoped for or planned. He made some mistakes along the way. The more he tries to blame others or get back at others for it, the worse it likely will be for his image. He needs to listen to his team mates, both past and present, who have said it is time to let it go and just move on.

let's pray for his deliverance....

Scott Campbell
10-22-2008, 12:22 PM
From being one who could do no wrong in the eyes of a great many he began to look indecisive, then deceitful; childish, then petty; conniving, now vindictive.

Agreed on all counts. Ted looks more and more in the right merely by keeping his mouth shut.

mraynrand
10-22-2008, 01:04 PM
Geez, I just remembered that Holmgren left because they wouldn't give him the dual job. Then a year later, Wolf turns around and gives both jobs to the great Mike Sherman, Tight Ends Coach Extraordinaire.

Nah, it was two years later!
I think your mind has blanked out the Ray Rhodes season. Happens with many of us. Sort of a mental self-protection mechanism! :wink:

Rhodes? Where we're going we don't need Rhodes.

mraynrand
10-22-2008, 01:17 PM
From being one who could do no wrong in the eyes of a great many he began to look indecisive, then deceitful; childish, then petty; conniving, now vindictive.

Agreed on all counts. Ted looks more and more in the right merely by keeping his mouth shut.

The vindictiveness was already a given - specifically the comment that he wanted to be traded to the Vikings to get a chance to compete against the Packers - and then he said directly in the press conference following his meeting with McCarthy that there was some vindictiveness involved. He was honest - pathetic and sad, but honest.

The stuff with Millen is just two levels deeper of pathetic:

1) Millen or the Lions or who??? released the information to embarrass the Lions? Embarrass Favre? Embarrass Millen? Who did that help? What was the 'source' thinking?
2) The information really did a lot of good, didn't it.
3) Shouldn't Favre be learning his new offense instead of this subterfuge? How lame is that? His JETS teammates must love knowing that every time he was going 'WTF play are we running?', it was at least in part because he was wasting time trying to undermine the Packers.
4) It really doesn't matter if it was some casual conversation, the picture of petty vindictiveness has been painted. Nice legacy. Thanks Brett, it's really nice to have this final vision of you as a spiteful, bitter, pathetic, fat, out of shape loser.