PDA

View Full Version : I was wondering?

Mazzin
10-19-2008, 07:43 PM
Why is it that for the past 3 games I have gotten to watch, ALMOST everytime we run it we bring it Ruvell Martin, and Jordy Nelson.

To top it off we NEVER throw from that formation with those two in....I understand they may be better blockers, but it's GOTTA tell the defense...."hey we are about to run"

Anyone else notice this?

BallHawk
10-19-2008, 07:45 PM
Ruvell had a big catch today.

RashanGary
10-19-2008, 07:46 PM
I noticed it too. I could see us going to that formation in the redzone and getting a big slant or fade with to one of our big bodied recievers. It's got to be getting predictable. Time for the counter.

packers11
10-19-2008, 07:49 PM
Agreed. Every-time I saw that play with Martin/Nelson in there they would run it... I think 1 out of the 10 times it was a play action.... But still, it was pretty predictable that the run was comming.

texaspackerbacker
10-19-2008, 07:53 PM
If you can get away with being predictable and still win, it sets you up wonderfully when you finally decide to break the pattern.

TheCheese
10-19-2008, 07:54 PM
If you can get away with being predictable and still win, it sets you up wonderfully when you finally decide to break the pattern.

Thats da troof.

RashanGary
10-19-2008, 07:55 PM

Agreed. I expect to see a big TD pass in the redzone out of that formation soon.

Mazzin
10-19-2008, 11:12 PM
Maybe Patler, could figure it out. haha

But I have noticed it for 3 games STRAIGHT now....thats the thing thats got me worried. If they do throw in a P.A. bomb. I would personally think it would have to be to J. Nelson, he has the size a speed...will be our future number 2 and followed by J. Jones....NASTY.

But it still dosen't negate the fact that our boy Maritn is a skyscrapper.

Wish we could lock up ALL our recievers PRONTO....I mean Jennings top priority, But i think we could get Ruvell long term relitivly cheap...and J. jones too (wait to check for injuries..fumbles were just ONE game last year)
cheap also.
J. Nelson give him a little more time but would like to see him re-signed at least 2 years before his is up, I don't want him to JUST reach his potential and us not be able to afford him.

Just my thinking.