Atari Bigby
Tramon Williams
Jason Spitz
Darryn Colledge
Mark Tauscher
Jonny Jolly
Ryan Pickett
Aaron Kampman

all coming up for contracts sooner than later. . . . .It's time for this team to start growing together and getting away from that, "youngest team in the NFL" billing. For all of the, "Ted will never spend it" talk, now we get to find out if he's always going to live under the cap or if he just had a shitty roster handed down to him from the last guy and needed a little time to build it up.

red
10-19-2008, 08:41 PM
and its finally time to cut the cord on KGB

like i've said the last couple of years

Joemailman
10-19-2008, 08:51 PM
Actually, probably the only reason the Packers are the youngest team again is because by far the two oldest players from last year (Favre and Rob Davis) are gone. This team is maturing nicely and have a bunch of guys who will be entering the prime of their careers in the next few years. The future looks very bright.

]{ilr]3
10-19-2008, 10:10 PM
Greg Jennings
Aaron Rodgers
NIck Collins
Atari Bigby
Tramon Williams
Jason Spitz
Darryn Colledge
Mark Tauscher
Jonny Jolly
Ryan Pickett
Aaron Kampman

all coming up for contracts sooner than later. . . . .It's time for this team to start growing together and getting away from that, "youngest team in the NFL" billing. For all of the, "Ted will never spend it" talk, now we get to find out if he's always going to live under the cap or if he just had a shitty roster handed down to him from the last guy and needed a little time to build it up.

I thought Kampman was locked up for quite some time?

I am thinking that TT will get some kind of deal done for a few of these guys before the end of the season to spend some of the current cash. Rodgers and Jennings deals are going to be big deals if they keep playing they way they are right now.

GBRulz
10-19-2008, 10:18 PM
Kampman signed a 4 year deal in early '06. So, he has one more year after this.

Jennings needs to get done now. His price is just going to get higher and higher.

run pMc
10-20-2008, 04:37 PM
Look for some of these guys to get signed or extended later this season with deals structured to weigh heavily on this year's cap.
Jennings is a must-sign.
I think they'll wait until next season with Rodgers.
Jolly has legal issues.
DC is starting to show some consistency but I don't think he'll have dozens of suitors.
KGB could be gone but I think they will renegotiate his contract unless he turns up the production. Aging pass rushers with balky knees don't last long.

Some of these guys are decent players but since they aren't All-Pros aren't likely to go elsewhere.

TT will have to draft carefully; if GB has another good season teams will start to raid the roster.

HarveyWallbangers
10-20-2008, 05:43 PM
Look for some of these guys to get signed or extended later this season with deals structured to weigh heavily on this year's cap.
Jennings is a must-sign.

I think the deadline for getting contracts onto this year's camp is coming up soon... in the next couple of weeks.