PDA

View Full Version : Who rules Bartertown?

The Shadow
06-25-2006, 10:12 PM
Why, I do, of course.

the_idle_threat
06-26-2006, 06:38 AM
Is Bartertown just up the road from Pointlessthreadtown? :mrgreen:

Harlan Huckleby
06-26-2006, 08:48 AM
no, i think there must be some deep significance. Is this a Mad Max thing?

http://teacherweb.ftl.pinecrest.edu/crawfor/apcg/MadMax/mmbartertown.htm

jack's smirking revenge
06-26-2006, 09:17 AM
You know the real answer.

Tina Turner does. Back to your pigpen, Masta....

(*cue "We Don't Need Another Hero")

tyler

MadtownPacker
06-26-2006, 10:29 AM
You know the real answer.

Tina Turner does. Back to your pigpen, Masta....

I was wondering too. If I recall Master Blaster lost to Mad Max in Thunderdome but when Max didnt kill him someone else did. The Road Warrior was the best in the series though.

jack's smirking revenge
06-26-2006, 11:16 AM
Road Warrior is definitely the best (and harkens back to a time when I actually liked and respected Mel Gibson), but I have a soft spot for "Thunderdome" because I loved Tina Turner's songs from the movie. "Thunderdome" was such a wierd movie, but fun nonetheless.

tyler

MadtownPacker
06-26-2006, 11:20 AM
Road Warrior is definitely the best (and harkens back to a time when I actually liked and respected Mel Gibson), but I have a soft spot for "Thunderdome" because I loved Tina Turner's songs from the movie. "Thunderdome" was such a wierd movie, but fun nonetheless.

tylerNever heard the song, its called "Thunderdome" too?

K-town
06-26-2006, 11:28 AM

I think the theme song for "Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome" was "We Don't Need Another Hero" by Tina Turner. But I might be wrong because I wantonly slaughtered a lot of brain cells this weekend.

jack's smirking revenge
06-26-2006, 11:56 AM

I think the theme song for "Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome" was "We Don't Need Another Hero" by Tina Turner. But I might be wrong because I wantonly slaughtered a lot of brain cells this weekend.

Yeah, it was "We Don't Need Another Hero". But there was also "One of the Living", which was a pretty freakin' cool song too (favorite above "Hero"). "We Don't Need Another Hero" actually was nominated for a Grammy and was a #2 Billboard hit.

tyler

jack's smirking revenge
06-26-2006, 11:58 AM
While we're on the subject of Mad Max, anyone here know that George Miller, director of the Mad Max series, went on to create the Babe series? Strange transition to go from an apocalyptic world to talking animals...

I have to admit that I own the Babe series and its darkly cool.

tyler

HarveyWallbangers
06-26-2006, 12:19 PM
Mel Gibson is sweet. Mad Max, The Road Warrior, Lethal Weapon, Braveheart, We Were Soldiers, The Passion Of The Christ. Some of my all-time favorites.

MadtownPacker
06-26-2006, 12:22 PM
Mel Gibson is sweet. Mad Max, The Road Warrior, Lethal Weapon, Braveheart, We Were Soldiers, The Passion Of The Christ. Some of my all-time favorites.Braveheart has to go down as his best performance but the RW is just a classic!

"I am the NIGHT RIDER!!"

MadtownPacker
06-26-2006, 12:30 PM
Master Blaster, here is the perfect avatar for you!

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/images/blaster.jpg

jack's smirking revenge
06-26-2006, 12:56 PM
Mel Gibson is sweet. Mad Max, The Road Warrior, Lethal Weapon, Braveheart, We Were Soldiers, The Passion Of The Christ. Some of my all-time favorites.

Payback was actually my last fave of Mel's. A great, dark drama where he kicks mucho ass. "Braveheart" is definitely an all-time fave.

But I want him to get back to just being an actor, not an activist (or a man trying too hard to make a statement), which I feel like he's been through "Passion", "We Were Soldiers" and (upcoming) "Apocalypto". Looks like he's producing a movie called "Warrior" too (about Boudica), as well as a CBS miniseries about the Holocaust (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/12/07/entertainment/main1102867.shtml).

Just my opinion. I want Mad Max back.

tyler

MadtownPacker
06-26-2006, 01:04 PM
Forgot about Payback, that was the shit! Was that ever in theaters? The 70s feel it had to it was cool.

jack's smirking revenge
06-26-2006, 01:19 PM
Forgot about Payback, that was the shit! Was that ever in theaters? The 70s feel it had to it was cool.

Yeah, I saw it in the theatres. It fell out of the theatres quickly though. I have it on DVD and watch it every now and then.

tyler