PDA

View Full Version : Ruegamer to Giants

GoPackGo
04-04-2006, 06:48 PM
Ruegamer to Giants: Grey Ruegamer, a backup offensive lineman with the Packers the past three seasons, signed a one-year, veteran’s minimum contract worth $670,000 with the New York Giants. The Packers had signed Ruegamer as a free agent in 2003 but did not attempt to bring him back this offseason.

Harlan Huckleby
04-04-2006, 06:51 PM
I was a bit confused why Ruegamer never got any respect in GB. I mean, he's no stud, but why not keep him a vet minimum?

He did a decent job filling in at center in 2004

Fritz
04-04-2006, 07:13 PM
You know, blue dog, a prophet in his own land and all that...

Kiwon
04-04-2006, 07:46 PM
Ruegy provided much-needed depth at different positions for 3 years. I guess the zone-blocking scheme spelt the end for him.

Deputy Nutz
04-04-2006, 08:56 PM
Good for Grey, I don't think he was ever going to seriously get a chance to compete in Green Bay, he just doesn't have the athleticism to compete day in and day out. Hopefully he will have a long fruitful career in New York. The New your media is going to love him.

KYPack
04-04-2006, 09:14 PM
Another irony here is Ruegy's past against the Giants. He filled in at center against the Giants a few years ago & had an awful game. Teams tend to pick up on guys that played well against them, not somebody who totally screwed up.

That said, I'm glad for Ruegy, too. He was an ugly player, but he waded right in there and took on all comers.

HarveyWallbangers
04-04-2006, 09:58 PM
Well, personally I'm all for getting rid of bench guys that have little upside as much as possible.

Bretsky
04-04-2006, 10:01 PM
Well, personally I'm all for getting rid of bench guys that have little upside as much as possible.

You've just cut every LB on our roster last year except for Barnett

billy_oliver880
04-04-2006, 10:44 PM

You think Pop and Manning have no upside huh?

Partial
04-04-2006, 10:45 PM
I think manning is about all he will be. Poppinga has some upside if he recovers completely

beakerman
04-05-2006, 09:44 AM
Another irony here is Ruegy's past against the Giants. He filled in at center against the Giants a few years ago & had an awful game. Teams tend to pick up on guys that played well against them, not somebody who totally screwed up.

didn't he blow his assignment in that game, and his man went on to KO Favre

Murphy37
04-05-2006, 10:09 AM
I loved Reugie. I thought he did a fabulous job of filling in for Flanny when he got hurt in 04. I thought he was a better center than guard. Of coarse he had Rivera and Whale around him that year. Either way, I liked him. Seemed like a real tough guy.

KYPack
04-05-2006, 10:22 AM

didn't he blow his assignment in that game, and his man went on to KO Favre

Yeah. Grey just wasn't in the flow in that game. Center requires a ton of quickness and Ruegy wasn't up to speed for that game. Ruegy was an OK center once he got his legs under him. He basically a solid back-up guy. We are now in the position where we are trying to break some kids, so Ruegy had to go.

Grey is probably better off with the Ants.

Bretsky
04-05-2006, 07:34 PM

Lifetime backups although Pop has a great name. He's a good special teamer though.

billy_oliver880
04-05-2006, 10:36 PM

Lifetime backups although Pop has a great name. He's a good special teamer though.

I am just going to stay in denile about them not becoming stars. :neutral: