PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Marching Band Ribs Manning

oregonpackfan
10-20-2008, 11:52 AM
Most of us TV viewers missed a great dig at Peyton Manning by the U. of Wisconsin Marching Band yesterday during the Packers game.

My sister, who was at the game, emailed me the band's tuba section has\d a message on the tuba coverings. Each tuba covering had one letter which spelled out:

"Archie Loves Eli Better!" :lol:

HarveyWallbangers
10-20-2008, 11:56 AM
Nice!

Bossman641
10-20-2008, 12:01 PM
Haha

Do they do that fairly often? The one other one I remember is "Where you at Moss" froma few years back.

Harlan Huckleby
10-20-2008, 12:05 PM
not bad.

Patler
10-20-2008, 12:14 PM
Each tuba covering had one letter which spelled out:

That's a lot of tubas!

oregonpackfan
10-20-2008, 12:54 PM
At the first PR game last year against the Bears, the tuba section had the message, "Nice Clipboard, Rex!"

Grossman had just been demoted from his starting position the week before the Packers game.

Fritz
10-20-2008, 01:09 PM
What if it's true? This could open up feelings of deep hurt in Peyton Manning - his secret fears, exposed and confirmed.

Potentially very damaging. I'm sad for Peyton Manning. He's tried to hard to be the perfect son, to live up to his Dad's rep. And what does he get for it? Scorn and condescension, and a father who doesn't pay attention to him.

gbgary
10-20-2008, 02:06 PM
Each tuba covering had one letter which spelled out:

That's a lot of tubas!

that's what i was thinking. :lol:

red
10-20-2008, 03:46 PM
i think i also heard them play "hail to the victors"

could have had something to do with woodson beating peyton for the heisman

MadtownPacker
10-20-2008, 03:48 PM
At the first PR game last year against the Bears, the tuba section had the message, "Nice Clipboard, Rex!"

Grossman had just been demoted from his starting position the week before the Packers game.This is the one OPF. Had to get a shot of it.

http://packerrats.com/gallery/bears@pack/banddiss.jpg

Freak Out
10-20-2008, 03:51 PM
That is sweet. :lol:

Guiness
10-20-2008, 07:25 PM
What if it's true? This could open up feelings of deep hurt in Peyton Manning - his secret fears, exposed and confirmed.

Potentially very damaging. I'm sad for Peyton Manning. He's tried to hard to be the perfect son, to live up to his Dad's rep. And what does he get for it? Scorn and condescension, and a father who doesn't pay attention to him.

It's the classic case of 'what have you done for me lately'. Eli won a Super Bowl last year. It's been what, three years since Peyton won? Memories are short...

red
10-20-2008, 08:07 PM
am i the only one that thinks that peyton looks like his mom and dad are brother and sister?

RashanGary
10-20-2008, 08:20 PM
am i the only one that thinks that peyton looks like his mom and dad are brother and sister?

Haha, I've thought that before too. You ever think that about Lebron James or Nick Collins?

DonHutson
10-20-2008, 09:01 PM
He's tried to hard to be the perfect son, to live up to his Dad's rep. And what does he get for it? Scorn and condescension, and a father who doesn't pay attention to him.

I never realized Peyton and George W. had so much in common.

oregonpackfan
10-21-2008, 12:12 AM

Grossman had just been demoted from his starting position the week before the Packers game.This is the one OPF. Had to get a shot of it.

http://packerrats.com/gallery/bears@pack/banddiss.jpg

Nothing gets past Madtown! :lol: