PDA

View Full Version : Vikings offer first rounders for Brady Quinn

packers11
10-20-2008, 01:55 PM
Charley Walters of the St. Paul Pioneer Press reports that the Vikings offered the Browns a first-round pick in 2009 and a first-round pick in 2010 to the Browns for quarterback Brady Quinn...

Source : Pioneer Press

gbgary
10-20-2008, 02:03 PM
i have a feeling he'll be good when he gets to play. wouldn't want to see him go to one of our arch rivals.

Tony Oday
10-20-2008, 02:05 PM
That is a steep price because those are going to be high picks.

I would like to see Quinn get beat down by his brother in law though! What a great Thanksgiving game that could be...

Fritz
10-20-2008, 02:11 PM
If the report is true, I'm okay with the trade. Any time a team gives up multiple #1 picks for a player, they're basically screwing themselves over in my estimation.

Plus I'm not all that hot on Brady Quinn. So do it, Vikes! He can be the next Tavaris Jackson.

Besides all this, the way the Browns are looking they might be turning the reins over to Quinn pretty soon.

cheesner
10-20-2008, 02:17 PM
Charley Walters of the St. Paul Pioneer Press reports that the Vikings offered the Browns a first-round pick in 2009 and a first-round pick in 2010 to the Browns for quarterback Brady Quinn...

Source : Pioneer PressI am very surprised the Browns didn't go for this.

Zool
10-20-2008, 02:26 PM
Vikes would be better off waiting for the Browns to pull the switch and try to get DA away from them.

Tony Oday
10-20-2008, 02:35 PM
I'm sure the Vikings can screw up either QB

HarveyWallbangers
10-20-2008, 02:42 PM
Charley Walters is seldom right. It's like a gossip column for sports.

AV David
10-20-2008, 03:13 PM
I agree with Harvey. Charley Walters often reports hot scoops he heard from a reliable source sitting on the next bar stool.

oregonpackfan
10-20-2008, 03:31 PM
I doubt if the Cleveland Browns would be interested in any offer for Quinn. Derek Anderson has been erratic as their starting QB. One week he performs like an all-pro, the next week he looks like a sixth-round, third stringer(which he originally was).

The Browns still don't know how Anderson is going to pan out for them.

Tony Oday
10-20-2008, 03:33 PM
I doubt if the Cleveland Browns would be interested in any offer for Quinn. Derek Anderson has been erratic as their starting QB. One week he performs like an all-pro, the next week he looks like a sixth-round, third stringer(which he originally was).

I would still trade Quinn for two first rounders. You could parlay those into a core of a team for many years to come. I mean they are terrible and the Vikes are not much better. They will have 4 picks more than likely better than pick 15! That could bode well for a crappy franchise.

Patler
10-20-2008, 03:43 PM

Agreed. I would have been surprised if they traded Quinn. It was just 3 weeks ago or so that they seemed ready to bench Anderson and start Quinn. I think they said as much early in the week, then later in the week decided to give Anderson another chance. He responded with a decent game that week, but certainly hasn't shown that he will play well routinely.

Tony Oday
10-20-2008, 03:45 PM

Agreed. I would have been surprised if they traded Quinn. It was just 3 weeks ago or so that they seemed ready to bench Anderson and start Quinn. I think they said as much early in the week, then later in the week decided to give Anderson another chance. He responded with a decent game that week, but certainly hasn't shown that he will play well routinely.

But really I mean why not get the two extra picks? I mean they have the stud young LT, Franchise WR and TE. With these 4 they could pick, Stud CB, Stud LB, Stud RB and another QB.

Dunno just seems like what the hell you already suck might as well go full rebuild for the 300th time in Brown history! ;)

Patler
10-20-2008, 03:56 PM
But really I mean why not get the two extra picks? I mean they have the stud young LT, Franchise WR and TE. With these 4 they could pick, Stud CB, Stud LB, Stud RB and another QB.

Dunno just seems like what the hell you already suck might as well go full rebuild for the 300th time in Brown history! ;)

Because without the franchise QB, rebuilding projects usually remain rebuilding projects. They need to decide which QB to hitch their future to, and then trade the other one. I don't think they have decided that yet, but I suspect have some real doubts about Anderson. If he remains wildly inconsistent this season, I would not be surprised to see them trade him in the off season and give Quinn a shot next year. If he plays well the second half of the season, Quinn can still be traded.

HarveyWallbangers
10-20-2008, 04:05 PM
Would you trade Aaron Rodgers for two 1st round picks? Cleveland might be as enamored with Quinn as the Packers were with Rodgers. I they don't like what they see in practice, then they might do a deal like that. I don't think it's a no-brainer though. If the Browns think Quinn can be a good NFL starter, you don't trade that for two 1st round picks that will probably fall in the mid to late teens.

EDIT: That was directed at Tony Oday--just so ole Patler doesn't think I'm starting something up with him again.
:D

Tony Oday
10-20-2008, 04:08 PM
Would you trade Aaron Rodgers for two 1st round picks? Cleveland might be as enamored with Quinn as the Packers were with Rodgers. I they don't like what they see in practice, then they might do a deal like that. I don't think it's a no-brainer though. If the Browns think Quinn can be a good NFL starter, you don't trade that for two 1st round picks that will probably fall in the mid to late teens.

EDIT: That was directed at Tony Oday--just so ole Patler doesn't think I'm starting something up with him again.
:D

Big difference is a couple of things: 1. Pack NEEDED to have good QB play this year because of a departed-whiny-legend-all-around-good-guy QB was traded. 2. The last thing the pack really needs is more youth. 3. Quinn is still unproven and could not beat out Anderson in camp. 4. The team sucks!

The 4th point does suck but do you see what I am saying? Now if you said LAST year would I have traded AR for two numbers ones that are more than likely going to be good picks I would say hell yeah!

Little Whiskey
10-20-2008, 04:26 PM
I would like to see Quinn get beat down by his brother in law though! What a great Thanksgiving game that could be...

only the lion and cowboys play on thanksgiving.......until NFL network screwed with tradition

run pMc
10-20-2008, 04:28 PM
Quinn is hugely popular in CLE and I think he'll end up playing for them.

It's past the trading deadline now anyway, but if I were CLE I'd have pulled the trigger on that trade..maybe make them throw in Tavaris. I think a change of scenery and some time watching DA would help him. CLE can draft another QB and develop them to eventually take over from them both.

This smells like a rumor...two R1's is a steep price for someone who hasn't played many snaps. Think of what Moss and Favre got their teams in trade.

Besides, MIN gave up a lot in picks and cap space for Jared Allen; trading two consecutive R1's would be very risky for them long-term.