PDA

View Full Version : Nolan fired?

Freak Out
10-20-2008, 07:12 PM
?? Sounds like Mike Singletary has his head coaching job.

Rastak
10-20-2008, 07:15 PM

Sounds like it. Fox Sports is reporting he was fired this afternoon. Singletary takes over.

Timing seems a bit odd. Should be interesting to see how Singletary does.

MJZiggy
10-20-2008, 07:20 PM
Does no one have the decency to wait til the end of the season anymore? How the hell are we supposed to have a coaching carousel if all the horses are already gone??? Now what are we gonna do in January?

Bretsky
10-20-2008, 07:26 PM
Does no one have the decency to wait til the end of the season anymore? How the hell are we supposed to have a coaching carousel if all the horses are already gone??? Now what are we gonna do in January?

get ready for free agency with the hibernating polar bears :lol: :lol:

retailguy
10-20-2008, 07:28 PM

bitch about all the holes in the Green Bay roster.

watch Brett the Jet retire

listen to the press conferences about aaron rodgers holding out

wait for justin harrell to post ad infinitum about getting rid of KGB.

lot's of things! :P

Bossman641
10-20-2008, 07:33 PM

What do you mean?? :?:

We'll be discussing the prior weekend's Packer game.

MJZiggy
10-20-2008, 07:35 PM
Sorry dear, brain fart. I meant February (to me cold is cold and it all runs together)

Bossman641
10-20-2008, 07:45 PM
Sorry dear, brain fart. I meant February (to me cold is cold and it all runs together)

Ah I see. Well in that case we'll be reliving the Packers' epic Super Bowl win on Feb 1, 2009 and sharing stories of how we celebrated. :D

GrnBay007
10-20-2008, 10:45 PM

Wasn't there a small group of people that wanted Singletary as a Packer coach when the Packers were looking?

Zool
10-20-2008, 10:46 PM
I think it might have been D Coordinator after Bates flew the coop?

Pacopete4
10-20-2008, 10:50 PM
I always picked up Singletary as my D-coordinator on Madden... just wanted to throw that out there

GrnBay007
10-20-2008, 10:52 PM
Yep, that was it.

GrnBay007
10-20-2008, 10:54 PM
Coaches on the Hot Seat. It sure is early for this.

Could be lots of openings down the road.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/sports/articles/2008/10/19/20081019spt-nflinsider.html

MadtownPacker
10-21-2008, 05:23 PM
Niner fans in Cali all approve this firing and have been calling for Singletary for a while now.

MTPackerfan
10-21-2008, 06:17 PM
Wasn't Nolan a too notch DC in Baltimore (or somewhere else). Seems like he and McCarthy are friends, maybe we could bring him in next year on the defensive side.

Partial
10-21-2008, 07:05 PM
The Baltimore D was crafted by tons of talent, and the influence of one of the Ryan boys. Any scheme would have been very good with the kind of talent they replenish that D with.

KYPack
10-21-2008, 07:34 PM
Wasn't Nolan a too notch DC in Baltimore (or somewhere else). Seems like he and McCarthy are friends, maybe we could bring him in next year on the defensive side.

This canning is the first blip on Nolan's coaching resume.

He was the DC for the Giants under Reeves
DC for the Redskins
DC for the Jets
DC for Baltimore.

A bunch of teams will be lining up to hire him as their DC. Maybe the Cowherders?

sheepshead
10-21-2008, 07:58 PM
Singletary's a good man. I hope that translates into success on the sidelines for him.

Guiness
10-21-2008, 09:09 PM
is cold
Are there wolves after you?

Scott Campbell
10-21-2008, 09:18 PM
Niner fans in Cali all approve this firing and have been calling for Singletary for a while now.

Yeah, there's also a lot of second guessing about firing Mooch and letting TO and Garcia get away.

mraynrand
10-22-2008, 09:07 AM
The Rams turnaround can only make GMs think about canning the coach in season. Plus, when Wade Phillips says: "We're going to fix this," Jerry Jones is thinking, "I can fix it right now by dumping your sorry ass."

There will be tons of coaches torpedoed in the off season, if not sooner. Rod Marinated in Detroit will be gone for sure - new GM, new Coach (unless you're in Green Bay). If you look carefully, you can actually see flies buzzing around Lewis' head in Cincy - he's a goner for sure. Oakland needs a new coach - and Al Davis needs a change on his embalming fluid.

Here's my question: Who is more likely to get a head coaching job next year, Billick or Cowher (or both)?

KYPack
10-22-2008, 09:54 AM
The Rams turnaround can only make GMs think about canning the coach in season. Plus, when Wade Phillips says: "We're going to fix this," Jerry Jones is thinking, "I can fix it right now by dumping your sorry ass."

There will be tons of coaches torpedoed in the off season, if not sooner. Rod Marinated in Detroit will be gone for sure - new GM, new Coach (unless you're in Green Bay). If you look carefully, you can actually see flies buzzing around Lewis' head in Cincy - he's a goner for sure. Oakland needs a new coach - and Al Davis needs a change on his embalming fluid.

Here's my question: Who is more likely to get a head coaching job next year, Billick or Cowher (or both)?

Only disagree with the Marvin Lewis point.

Mike Brown, Bengal owner, is a very strange bird.

He doesn't like to pay coaches with contracts & release 'em early.
He also values "loyalty". I think Lewis will stay.

Oakland's move also created a turnaround. Lot's of coaches will fall. This also creates a glut of savvy DCoordinators. Nolan and Marinellii are shrewd boys when it comes to coaching D's. I think both of 'em will get jobs if they want 'em.