PDA

View Full Version : Oregon State in College World Series Final tonight

oregonpackfan
06-26-2006, 08:33 AM
The Oregon State Beavers baseball team is in the final game of the College World Series Championship tonight.

This team is exciting to watch as they are a gutsy bunch of overachievers who have overcome tremendous odds in reaching the final game. After losing the first game of the best of three final round, the Beavers were down 5-0 against North Carolina in the second game. Consistent with their never-say-die team character, they rallied to score 7 runs in one inning and finially beat the Tar Heels 11-7.

Catch it tonight on ESPN.

Oregonpackfan

Partial
06-26-2006, 08:40 AM
I'm going to watch that, those final games in any college sport are always entertaining as can be!

oregonpackfan
06-26-2006, 11:12 PM
Hey, how about those Beavers winning the college World Series tonight?!

They won using teamwork, determination, and a lot of grit.

Oregonpackfan

the_idle_threat
06-27-2006, 09:15 PM
I am a big fan of Beavers.

FavreChild
06-27-2006, 10:58 PM
Hey, congrats. OPF! Nobody was rooting for NC over the Beavers, but of course the CWS is much overlooked this time of year. I'm sorry to say, I watched only about an inning and a half, but I'm sure you much more appreciate the local significance and all.

Go OSU!

oregonpackfan
06-28-2006, 09:04 PM
Thanks, FavreChild,

The state has been rejoicing the past few days.

Many of the baseball "experts" are shocked at the Beavers taking the College World Series. A team from the northern half of the country has not won the CWS since 1961 when the Minnesota Gophers won it.

Springtime in western Oregon is often cool and rainy. This type of weather is hardly conducive to baseball. The college baseball season begins in February--during cool rainy weather. Often the Beavers needed to practice indoors.

All of the Beavers players are from the Pacific Northwest, which is not known as a "hotbed" for baseball. Only 3 of the Beavers players were chosen in the Major league draft.

This OSU Championship is baseball version of Hoosiers. It will probably not be repeated in our lifetime.

Oregonpackfan

MadtownPacker
06-28-2006, 09:21 PM
Congrats to Oregon but thanks to MLB, baseball has no appeal to me.