PDA

View Full Version : Week 7 Playoff position.

CaliforniaCheez
10-20-2008, 10:57 PM
Before last weekend the Packers were leading the division and were in playoff position #4.

The Bears won a conference and division game.

So now the NFC North tie breakers with the Bears are:

W/L tied

Head to Head hasn't happened yet

Divisional record tied

Conference record tied

Strength of Victory: Bears .357 Packers .274

Bears win the tie breaker.

Next would be Strength of Schedule: Bears .503 Packers .435

Then Net points: Bears 46 Packers 35

Net Conference points: Bears 30 Packers 15

finally Net Touchdowns: Bears 7 Packers 6

Instead of being in playoff position 4, leading the division, the Packers are now 9th in the NFC.

NFC Playoff Positions are:

Giants
Bucaneers

Cardinals
Bears

Wild Cards
Redskins
Panthers

The rest in order are Falcons, Cowboys and then the Packers, Vikings, Saints, Eagles, Rams, 49'ers, Seahawks, and Lions.

In the AFC:

Tenessee
Buffalo

Pittsburgh
Denver

Wild Cards
New England
Jacksonville

The rest in order are:

Colts, Jets, Ravens, Chargers, Dolphins, Raiders, Browns, Texans, Chiefs, Bungles.

For those of you concerned about draft position:

Lions
Bungles
Seahawks
Chiefs
49'ers
Texans
Browns
Raiders
Dolphins
Rams
Packers would be 19th.

Naturally, this is all subject to change.

boiga
10-20-2008, 11:16 PM
Yeah, this isn't going to last long. The statistic I liked hearing is that 1/2 of teams to reach 4/3 make it into the playoffs. I like our chances. Here's the RealScouts take:

If the Packers defense can continue to play consistently and make big plays, they have a legitimate chance to make a run in the post season. Aaron Rodgers has been outstanding in his first season as the Packers signal caller and has the ability to control games as well as win them.

Prediction: The Packers will start to separate themselves as the team to beat in the NFC North. (http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/real_scouts/entry/view/13763/)

gbgary
10-20-2008, 11:29 PM
we need to beat someone with a winning record sometime.

HarveyWallbangers
10-20-2008, 11:46 PM
we need to beat someone with a winning record sometime.

Didn't Indianapolis have a winning record before we beat them? I'm guessing they'll have a winning record by the end of the year.

BF4MVP
10-20-2008, 11:53 PM
Yeah, this isn't going to last long. The statistic I liked hearing is that 1/2 of teams to reach 4/3 make it into the playoffs. I like our chances. Here's the RealScouts take:

If the Packers defense can continue to play consistently and make big plays, they have a legitimate chance to make a run in the post season. Aaron Rodgers has been outstanding in his first season as the Packers signal caller and has the ability to control games as well as win them.

Prediction: The Packers will start to separate themselves as the team to beat in the NFC North. (http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/real_scouts/entry/view/13763/)
:glug:

I like that guy's take.

MadtownPacker
10-21-2008, 05:24 PM
Damn, 9th. This season is gonna be up and down until that end but at least all the games will be exciting with playoffs hopes hanging in the balance.

Scott Campbell
10-21-2008, 08:42 PM
We have the Titans on the road up next. We'll be very fortunate to make it to 5-3.

Brando19
10-21-2008, 08:46 PM
We have the Titans on the road up next. We'll be very fortunate to make it to 5-3.

No doubt. Our weakness is stopping the run....we sure as hell better be ready for it when we go to Tennessee!

TennesseePackerBacker
10-21-2008, 08:52 PM

No doubt. Our weakness is stopping the run....we sure as hell better be ready for it when we go to Tennessee!

I think the Packers will do very well against the Titans, it's going to be a lot closer than people expect...sort of like a certain game last weekend in which everyone doubted the Packers.

boiga
10-21-2008, 09:46 PM
I think the Packers will do very well against the Titans, it's going to be a lot closer than people expect...sort of like a certain game last weekend in which everyone doubted the Packers.

I would like to think so too, but we matched up much better against the Colts than the Titans. The Colts can't run the ball, so our weakness stopping the run wasn't an issue. The Titans are a much more balanced offense alongside a stouter defense.

Should we win against the Titans, we will have surpassed my expectations. Luckily, even if we lose, our schedule relaxes a bit afterward and I think we have a fair shot to run 6-2 for the rest of the season getting us into the playoffs with a bye.

TheCheese
10-22-2008, 12:21 AM

I would like to think so too, but we matched up much better against the Colts than the Titans. The Colts can't run the ball, so our weakness stopping the run wasn't an issue. The Titans are a much more balanced offense alongside a stouter defense.

Should we win against the Titans, we will have surpassed my expectations. Luckily, even if we lose, our schedule relaxes a bit afterward and I think we have a fair shot to run 6-2 for the rest of the season getting us into the playoffs with a bye.

I'm not even worried about the Titans at all. First of all, who the fuck have they beaten. Second of all, we lock up on their WRs, put Bigby in the box, and it's a done deal. Should be a fun one to watch.

falco
10-22-2008, 08:13 AM
our run game will be a lot better with bigby and harrell back (even if harrell is just helping give the other guys a break).

if Jenkins was healthy I would feel great about our defense