PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Rodgers Injury Question...

Merlin
10-21-2008, 12:17 AM
I was at a Packer Party for the Colts game and I also (unfortunately) work with a bunch of Viking fans. A majority of the people both at the party and the Vikings fans at my work seemed to think that Rodgers injury really wasn't that bad to begin with. I now read some posts on Fox and there are some fans who think that there is a little bit of acting going on. Me personally, having had the injury like that, I wouldn't have been able to throw a ball like Rodgers has been but then again, I don't know the extent so I can't really say. I know that no "harness" takes away the pain and that even when you run it hurts. So again, I have no idea, and although I thought the injury was serious to begin with, now I am not so sure.

I am wondering if anyone here thinks Rodgers is "acting" and the Packers have been milking it? Not that it doesn't hurt the Pack to have another QB act like an iron man, but how much of it do you believe is an act? I heard many comments about the "wincing in pain" for the camera during the game and I guess since this is the largest group of Packer Fans I know, I wanted your input.

Note: Before you go off on your half baked claims that I hate Rodgers, that I don't like Ted Thompson, and that your opinion it Gospell, this is a serious matter to me as a Packer Fan as I don't like sitting in a room full of people slamming my team and our QB, even if most of them were Packer Fans.

HarveyWallbangers
10-21-2008, 12:20 AM
Funny.

oregonpackfan
10-21-2008, 12:30 AM
I had a severe shoulder injury when I was in my 20's and it took a long time to heal. It also hurt like hell though I was not trying to throw footballs either.

I admire Rodgers' guts in playing through the pain. This bye week should provide more time to allow it to heal properly.

Pacopete4
10-21-2008, 12:37 AM
I know where Merlin is trying to get here but its not going to help anyone on this forum... I have had a couple Viking fans think the same thing as well.. that he is knicked up but not bad but making more of it to get some of the pressure off himself... the only problem with this theory is HOW WOULD ANYONE KNOW? haha.. its a dumb topic to even start for that reason right there

boiga
10-21-2008, 12:40 AM
Rodgers also has a lot better access to higher end medication than you guys did. It's easier playing through pain when you've got a guy with a giant needle prepping you for the game.

And if you look at that Atlanta game, it's hard to imagine he could see any advantage to milking it to the point of coming off the field for a series in a close game. Rodgers was hurting. Less so against the Colts, but still hurting.

Why do you think Grant has been getting 30+ touches the last two games? Rodgers simply can't throw that many passes in a row without risking severely aggravating his shoulder.

GrnBay007
10-21-2008, 12:41 AM
the only problem with this theory is HOW WOULD ANYONE KNOW? haha.. its a dumb topic to even start for that reason right there

kinda like people buying into a rumor, with unnamed sources, tarnishing the name of a QB that poured his heart and soul in to the GB Packers?

Pacopete4
10-21-2008, 12:42 AM
the only problem with this theory is HOW WOULD ANYONE KNOW? haha.. its a dumb topic to even start for that reason right there

kinda like people buying into a rumor, with unnamed sources, tarnishing the name of a QB that poured his heart and soul in to the GB Packers?

:lol:

HarveyWallbangers
10-21-2008, 12:52 AM

Yeah, because Jay Glazer and his boatload of legit NFL sources within numerous organizations is remotely similar to Joe Blow sitting next to you at the bar.

Pacopete4
10-21-2008, 12:57 AM

Yeah, because Jay Glazer and his boatload of legit NFL sources within numerous organizations is remotely similar to Joe Blow sitting next to you at the bar.

I think she was trying to point out that right now, they are rumors.. they are not truth, nor proven... yet people want to start the hate fest when they don't have all the facts.

I just listened to Leroy Butler's interview and he said Brett never called Romo, that is was the other way around... so now do people take back all the shit they said about brett calling Romo and not Rodgers?

I also heard Butler say that he was talking to Millen and never sought out the Lions coaches... but I should trust Glazer and not Butler... why? because people want drama so its being created...

HarveyWallbangers
10-21-2008, 01:16 AM
I think she was trying to point out that right now, they are rumors.. they are not truth, nor proven... yet people want to start the hate fest when they don't have all the facts.

I just listened to Leroy Butler's interview and he said Brett never called Romo, that is was the other way around... so now do people take back all the shit they said about brett calling Romo and not Rodgers?

I also heard Butler say that he was talking to Millen and never sought out the Lions coaches... but I should trust Glazer and not Butler... why? because people want drama so its being created...

1) I've never said anything about the Romo situation. I don't even know if they were credible sources. I got news for you, Jay Glazer is about as credible as they come. If Glazer or Schefter report it, it's very likely to be true.

2) I listened to the Butler interview, and he never said that Favre didn't talk to the Lions coaches--if that's what you are trying to insinuate. To me, it doesn't matter if Favre called or they called him. Either way, if he tried to help the Lions at all, he's shitting on all of those Packers fans that supported him for many years--including this one (who supported him when people wanted him benched before you were old enough to know who Brett Favre was).

Like I've said before, I'll wait to see how it shakes down. Right now, it doesn't look encouraging, but I'm hopeful it isn't true. Let's not try to pretend Jay Glazer isn't way more credible than some Vikings fan (likely trying to get a rise out of you) sitting at the bar stool next to you.

Patler
10-21-2008, 01:25 AM
Unless I horribly misunderstood him, Butler seemed to say:

1. He absolutely believed that Favre had discussions with the Lions (and maybe others).
2. Regardless of whether it violated league rules, it was not the right thing to do.
3. Current Packers are very upset that Favre might have done this.
4. Favre could not care less about what this might do to his reputation with the Green Bay fans.

The most surprising thing he said was that this was just the first of many things that will come out about Favre, and he implied the others were worse.

Pacopete4
10-21-2008, 01:36 AM
Unless I horribly misunderstood him, Butler seemed to say:

1. He absolutely believed that Favre had discussions with the Lions (and maybe others).
2. Regardless of whether it violated league rules, it was not the right thing to do.
3. Current Packers are very upset that Favre might have done this.
4. Favre could not care less about what this might do to his reputation with the Green Bay fans.

The most surprising thing he said was that this was just the first of many things that will come out about Favre, and he implied the others were worse.

he's also bitter because Brett doesnt want to be his friend haha.. i found that part pretty funny

Patler
10-21-2008, 01:43 AM
he's also bitter because Brett doesnt want to be his friend haha.. i found that part pretty funny

No, it was more like he was perplexed that Favre seems to shut out all his former team mates and friends. I detected nothing personal from Butler with respect to that.

I find that attitude by Favre to be sad, not funny at all.

Pacopete4
10-21-2008, 01:46 AM

No, it was more like he was perplexed that Favre seems to shut out all his former team mates and friends. I detected nothing personal from Butler with respect to that.

I find that attitude by Favre to be sad, not funny at all.

why do u think thats sad Patler? jw.. I guess I feel different just because, hey I'm allowed to pick my friends... why is it different for Brett Favre?

Patler
10-21-2008, 02:10 AM
why do u think thats sad Patler? jw.. I guess I feel different just because, hey I'm allowed to pick my friends... why is it different for Brett Favre?

Picking your friends and shutting people out with whom you have shared a lot are two different things. I have interaction with people from my past with whom I shared rather intense situations. I don't particularly think of them as friends, but because of our past situation they are not people who I should ignore, either.

I don't know you, your age or your history; but perhaps you have not been in that type of situation with others. If your relationships are social based, you may not understand what I mean.

Pacopete4
10-21-2008, 02:15 AM

Picking your friends and shutting people out with whom you have shared a lot are two different things. I have interaction with people from my past with whom I shared rather intense situations. I don't particularly think of them as friends, but because of our past situation they are not people who I should ignore, either.

I don't know you, your age or your history; but perhaps you have not been in that type of situation with others. If your relationships are social based, you may not understand what I mean.

No, I totally get what youre sayin here. I've played on many teams and I guess I don't shut out former teammates either so we're thinking on the same wave length here... I just think that Butler sounds bitter about it, thats all. When Brett made his drastic change to who he is as a man, he shut out the guys of the 90's mostly. The guys he used to party with and all that stuff... mainly because that guy got booted from his house and Deanna gave him another chance... I guess I just don't blame the guy for being who he is now with people is all. He could have lost a lot more than respect from fans, it coulda been his rock, Deanna.

Scott Campbell
10-21-2008, 05:30 AM
I'm not sure why anyone would believe this. It's one of the more crazy half baked claims I've seen.

MJZiggy
10-21-2008, 06:32 AM
I know where Merlin is trying to get here but its not going to help anyone on this forum... I have had a couple Viking fans think the same thing as well.. that he is knicked up but not bad but making more of it to get some of the pressure off himself... the only problem with this theory is HOW WOULD ANYONE KNOW? haha.. its a dumb topic to even start for that reason right there

oh Merlin, Merlin, I had you pegged for better than this. Tell your friends that the extent of the injury is completely irrelevant to the fact that even injured, Rodgers seems to be playing much better football than the Vikings *ahem* STARTING quarterback. It's a nonissue, but you're slipping a little there...

Cheesehead Craig
10-21-2008, 09:04 AM
Viking fans are just bitter people overall from what I've personally experienced (sorry Ras and the others here) and look for any reason to try and belittle or make fun of their opponents and try and bring them down to their level.

Just ignore them and pity them Merlin. If they have to resort to these tactics, you've already won the battle.

Harlan Huckleby
10-21-2008, 09:11 AM
Viking fans are just bitter people overall

So true, so true. I think they are still sore over getting fooled by that huckster Jesse Ventura. MN is just full of sour pusses.

bobblehead
10-21-2008, 09:15 AM

well, I said I was going to wait for more info before I took a side, but the minute wilde jumped on board I have to believe there is a lot to this. One reporter could be trying to get a scoop and help his name, but the second one in has no reason to stretch...wilde must really have credible evidence....and most sources are unnamed, but a single unnamed source is usually not enough to roll with a story like this.

As to the topic at hand I don't think Rodgers is faking or milking it. Before I got here and started missing games he pretty much looked genuinly hurt. Also I don't think he would miss practice time as a 4-5 game starter so he could fake an injury. Honestly starting QB's need every snap of gameplanning practice they can get....its one reason a certain QB was replaced....he didn't want to put in the massive amount of work MM requires for his team to win. You really think MM would let ARod miss practices like that as the team was struggling??

GBRulz
10-21-2008, 09:17 AM
Prior to the season, I questioned Rodger's arm strength. After the first couple of games, it erased all doubt. After the shoulder injury, you can see him wincing in pain after some throws. In addition, when his pass came up 10 yds short to a wide open Jennings at the Atlanta game, I knew his injury was probably worse than anticipated. So, IMO...they aren't milking it, but if anything, it's worse than we think and they don't want other teams to know. Just my .2

cpk1994
10-21-2008, 09:19 AM

well, I said I was going to wait for more info before I took a side, but the minute wilde jumped on board I have to believe there is a lot to this. One reporter could be trying to get a scoop and help his name, but the second one in has no reason to stretch...wilde must really have credible evidence....and most sources are unnamed, but a single unnamed source is usually not enough to roll with a story like this.

As to the topic at hand I don't think Rodgers is faking or milking it. Before I got here and started missing games he pretty much looked genuinly hurt. Also I don't think he would miss practice time as a 4-5 game starter so he could fake an injury. Honestly starting QB's need every snap of gameplanning practice they can get....its one reason a certain QB was replaced....he didn't want to put in the massive amount of work MM requires for his team to win. You really think MM would let ARod miss practices like that as the team was struggling??Especially after all the effort McCarthy made to get Favre to do said work last year? McCarthy would look like very hypocritcal in the process.

prsnfoto
10-21-2008, 09:29 AM

That is not that far from the same, the short bald little fag might have a couple of sources only because the guy in the bar would not be willing to do what Jay Jay will to get a scoop. I find the whole Favre story comical only a douchebag like Glazer and PFT would make a big deal out of it, in today's game each team supplies the other with film that they each study and there is nothing Favre could do in 60 minutes that any coach couldn't do in the film room. Brett was out of the news for two weeks and now he is back "shocking", about as shocking as the media's love fest with Favre it sure gets a lot of you all fired up!

Bossman641
10-21-2008, 09:54 AM

That is not that far from the same, the short bald little fag might have a couple of sources only because the guy in the bar would not be willing to do what Jay Jay will to get a scoop. I find the whole Favre story comical only a douchebag like Glazer and PFT would make a big deal out of it, in today's game each team supplies the other with film that they each study and there is nothing Favre could do in 60 minutes that any coach couldn't do in the film room. Brett was out of the news for two weeks and now he is back "shocking", about as shocking as the media's love fest with Favre it sure gets a lot of you all fired up!

Perhaps you can remind me of all those other stories of player leaving Team A to play for Team B, and then giving Team C information about Team A?

This isn't Darren Sharper or Ferguson giving Packer information to the Vikings. Completely different.

I can't wait

sharpe1027
10-21-2008, 11:11 AM
If they wanted to fake an injury, I doubt they would have prevented him from practicing each week. I think they realize that winning games is a better way to win over fans that simply playing hurt. Missing the entire week of pratice is not something they would take lightly.

Gunakor
10-21-2008, 12:10 PM

I would feel differently about it if it was Brett giving the Jets inside info on how to beat the Packers. That's completely understandable. But he did not give the Jets info on how to beat the Packers, he gave it to the Lions (if this report proves to be true). That's not okay. Brett does not play for the goddamn Lions. That is what the real problem here is. He wasn't doing it to give himself or his team an advantage, rather as a childish act of vengence which would not benefit himself or his team in the least. It's completely unnecessary if true.

MadtownPacker
10-21-2008, 05:27 PM
From the 1st row on the Pack side at the ATL game it sure didn't look like ARod was faking to me. Dude was hurting and you could tell it bothered him more as the game went on.