PDA

View Full Version : Justin Harrell - Roster Spot

packers11
10-21-2008, 01:34 PM
If/When Harrell comes back from the PUP and gets activated this season, wouldn't someone have to get cut during the bye week to make room for Harrell???

Who would it be???

Partial
10-21-2008, 01:35 PM
Mark Tausher. Duh.

Tony Oday
10-21-2008, 01:45 PM
AR...

Patler
10-21-2008, 01:47 PM
They are thinking that Montgomery and Hunter might be ready to go after the bye. If they are, it would seem that Pettway would be the logical one to release to make room for Harrell.

If either Hunter or Montgomery is not ready to go, there had been talk of putting one on IR to clear a spot for Harrell.

After that you get to either Bush or Lansanah on defense, or Giacomini on the offensive side of the ball. I would be surprised if it was one of those three.. Since the others are thought to have potential, of the three it could be Bush, but only if Harris and Bigby are ready to play, or very near ready to play.

CaliforniaCheez
10-21-2008, 02:18 PM
Part with Pettway

KYPack
10-21-2008, 04:16 PM
Pettway = the bubble boy.

TT likes to hang on to draft picks

Fritz
10-23-2008, 01:25 PM
Pettway....or Bush if you think Pettway's to valuable on special teams. But once Hunter's back,then Pettway is probably expendable.

hurleyfan
10-23-2008, 05:52 PM
Pettway....or Bush if you think Pettway's to valuable on special teams. But once Hunter's back,then Pettway is probably expendable.

I wouldn't mind Bush going and hanging on to Pettway.. if for no other reason for DL depth..

Harrel wasn't much of a factor last year (early) and hasn't played in a long time.. what are they really going to get out of him?

Pettway is probably gone though....

Pacopete4
10-23-2008, 05:52 PM
hopefully we cut James Jones.. whaaaaadaa pussy

hurleyfan
10-23-2008, 05:57 PM
hopefully we cut James Jones.. whaaaaadaa pussy

I think he gets more chances due to his size, speed(?) and supposed great hands..

If he can only get over missing games due to the dreaded hang nail problem :wink: :wink:

Tony Oday
10-23-2008, 05:58 PM
He is a big target that goes over the middle...now just stop getting hurt! lol

I bet we could trade him to the Vikings for a 1st rounder ;)

Pacopete4
10-23-2008, 05:59 PM
He is a big target that goes over the middle...now just stop getting hurt! lol

I bet we could trade him to the Vikings for a 1st rounder ;)

that might be the best idea on this board...

we'd still have Driver, Jennings, Jordy and Martin plus we know TT will draft 3 next season and one will pan out so we'd have an extra first rounder to maybe fix our shit ass lines!

haha i love it

Fritz
10-24-2008, 07:56 AM
I am a James Jones fan. People here seem to forget that Jones made some very nice catch-and-runs last year and despite some drops early this year is generally seen as having good hands. If you read Pete Dougherty's chat transcript you will see too that PD thinks Jones was brought back too quickly.

Speaking of bad memories, many of you seem to have forgotten that Greg Jennings had a hard time staying on the field his first couple of years and many posters had begun to call him "inury prone."

I'm glad that outside of Dallas and Oakland, owners don't run teams like fans.

run pMc
10-24-2008, 08:27 AM
I think Jarrett Bush stays for his special teams value as well as his ability to play CB and S if another rash of injuries hits the secondary.

Lansanah is a maybe; they dropped White for him so I doubt they'd cut him. Except for Hawk the LB's have been pretty healthy (knock on wood) but I think they want to keep 6.

Giacomini stays unless they can sneak him onto the PS. Seems like he's being groomed as Tauscher's replacement.

James Jones? No way. He's in danger of falling behind Jordy and Ruvell for the #3 WR spot becuse of injuries and drops. He made some plays last year and supposedly had a good offseason, so I'd bet the staff is waiting for that to carryover to the field. I think he'll bounce back and I also think he's a solid backup who could fill in as a starter for a game or two. He's in his 2nd year -- so we're not even past the so-called 3 year period that WRs need for the light to go on. The odds are he will improve. Smart GMs don't cut guys like that unless they pull a Chris Henry.

Pettway seems like the logical choice if Hunter and Montgomery come back. He's something like 6-4 245, which is small for a DE. Hunter is bigger, more experienced with the system, and a better proven ST player. Montgomery was starting after Jenkins went on IR.

My guess is they are waiting until Harrell shows he's in game shape, and also to see who bounces back from injury. I wouldn't be surprised if they pull a Lumpkin with somebody and just stash them on IR.

When TT does make a move, it usually surprises me, so who knows?