PDA

View Full Version : Going into the bye at 4-3...What's our strongest position?

SnakeLH2006
10-21-2008, 11:33 PM
This is a tough question. We have many players such as Arod, Jennings, Kampman, and C Wood who have been dominant players. But this will be interesting to look at as I think our Wideouts are great, but not as dominant this year. What do teams have to say is our biggest strength from here on out?

Last year at this time we could have said our D-Line and LB's were pretty damn good. By the end of the year, it proved our WR core was in fact the most dominant position on a great 13-3 team.

So the question is "What position as a group has been our dominant group thus far?"

QB has been good with ARod, shaky elsewhere. OLine...let's move on. FB's don't count. TE's have been OK. D-Line has been a HUGE disappointment esp. after KGB has been hurt and Jenkins out. LB has been very underwhelming. IMO even with injuries, the DB's have been spectacular and only gonna get better. I'd give C. Wood an MVP vote right now for the league. T-Will has proven amazing cover ability and gotten a few tackles chasing down big plays that would have been TD's normally. Plus, Al comes back soon, as does Bigby. Collins has got the All-Pro fever for once, and Rouse makes HUGE plays in stretches. The ST has been pretty lackluster after doing so well last year.

My vote is quite easy. The DB's have been our most dominant position and will only get stronger with Bigby and Al coming back after the bye...only aiding help to the LB and DL core and D and overall team.

DB's have been lights out. "Fire Shitty now???"

HarveyWallbangers
10-21-2008, 11:52 PM
Thus far, I'd still say WR and then DB. However, when they get everyone healthy, maybe the DBs can give the WRs a run for their money.

Harlan Huckleby
10-21-2008, 11:59 PM
They've had about 8 players contribute impressively at DB, that is obviously the team strength.

The wide receivers have disappeared in stretches, I can't give them the gold medal.

The linebackers are no slouches.

Both lines are below average. Winning the NFC North is a realistic, difficult goal for this year.

What was the question again?

SnakeLH2006
10-22-2008, 12:24 AM
They've had about 8 players contribute impressively at DB, that is obviously the team strength.

The wide receivers have disappeared in stretches, I can't give them the gold medal.

The linebackers are no slouches.

Both lines are below average. Winning the NFC North is a realistic, difficult goal for this year.

What was the question again?

Wideout may be the deepest position? But what position is our most dominant thus far? Our CB's have been lights out, our WR are VERY VERY good, but our DB's have exceeded my expectations and staked a claim as gamechangers more than the WR's.

channtheman
10-22-2008, 12:31 AM
I voted Defensive Backs for this one. Our wideouts haven't been there all season but that might also be due to McCarthy trying to run the ball more lately to maybe take some pressure off Arod's shoulder. Anyway, I think our Dbacks, have scored 5 TD's off interceptions this year and that really is amazing. They saved us in the Detroit game, Woodson gave us a chance to win it in Tampa, and they broke the game wide open against the Colts. Definitely the most dominant position on our team this year.

SnakeLH2006
10-22-2008, 12:48 AM
Also thus far with our DB's:

51.7 completion %, 186 yards/game, 9 TDs, 13 interceptions, 5.0 yards allowed/pass play

AMAZING. Keep it up. Our pass rush can only get better. :shock:

HarveyWallbangers
10-22-2008, 12:53 AM
I'd say outside of one game (Detroit) where they had a handful of drops, the WRs have been outstanding. The DBs have had some stretches of bad play in a few games (Detroit, Dallas, and Atlanta).

HarveyWallbangers
10-22-2008, 12:54 AM

51.7 completion %, 186 yards/game, 9 TDs, 13 interceptions, 5.0 yards allowed/pass play

That's damn good. I'd guess if you looked the metrics for our receivers (TDs, first downs, drops, YAC), they'd be pretty impressive also.

SnakeLH2006
10-22-2008, 12:57 AM

That's damn good. I'd guess if you looked the metrics for our receivers (TDs, first downs, drops, YAC), they'd be pretty impressive also.

I'm definitely NOT dissing our WR's. If it was so clear cut I wouldn't have posted this topic. Those numbers are lights out as DB's though in pass coverage. VERY IMPRESSIVE. I'd have to search for the WR numbers again though as I doubt they are better than last year........Patler?? :lol:

channtheman
10-22-2008, 03:38 AM

Those numbers are really amazing! :shock: I knew they were playing well but that is incredible. With that kind of defensive back play with such a porous pass rush, imagine what would happen if we could get some pressure on the opposing quarterback as well. :shock:

Brohm
10-22-2008, 07:45 AM
I think we have a really good defensive backfield. That being said, I would think the level of some of those numbers is due to that ability of teams to run on us.

falco
10-22-2008, 07:55 AM
longsnapper

:rs: