PDA

View Full Version : ESPN No Longer Silent About Favre

cpk1994
10-22-2008, 11:02 AM
They are now reporting Glazers story right now on live Sportscenter.

pbmax
10-22-2008, 11:04 AM
They have to. Favre just confirmed the story in his press conference with qualifications. He said he wasn't looking at a playbook or gameplan during the phone call, he assumed other people were listening and that the time of the call was less than half what Glazer reported.

See PFT for more. I'm sure the Jet's site will be up with a copy of the PC as well.

KYPack
10-22-2008, 11:05 AM
"Breaking News"!

These boys are nuts.

cpk1994
10-22-2008, 11:20 AM
They have to. Favre just confirmed the story in his press conference with qualifications. He said he wasn't looking at a playbook or gameplan during the phone call, he assumed other people were listening and that the time of the call was less than half what Glazer reported.

See PFT for more. I'm sure the Jet's site will be up with a copy of the PC as well.I should note, as expected ESPN is kissing Favre's ass and defending him as they report it.

Harlan Huckleby
10-22-2008, 11:46 AM
Pathetic. ESPN pretends the story doesn't exist until Favre comes forward with his side.

This reminds me of National Public Radio and the Reverand Wright story. NPR pretended that Reverand Wright didn't exist for the first week that all hell was breaking loose. Then when Obama gave his response in the form of a racism-is-the-darndest-thing speech, NPR spent an entire week praising Obama's response to the story that previously didn't exist.

prsnfoto
10-22-2008, 01:23 PM
Favre Denies Giving Lions Information
By DENNIS WASZAK Jr.
AP Sports
posted: 1 HOUR 35 MINUTES AGO
comments: 8
PrintShare
Text SizeAAA
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (Oct. 22) - Brett Favre denies reports he called former Detroit president Matt Millen a few weeks ago and gave him information the Lions could use in a game against the Green Bay Packers.
The New York Jets quarterback, who had a bitter split with the Packers, said Millen called to invite him to go hunting. The friends then briefly talked about football.
"I didn't give him any game planning,'' Favre said Wednesday. "I haven't been in that offense in over a year. I don't know what else to tell you. It was pretty simple.''
Favre also said Dallas quarterback Tony Romo called him last week - not the other way around - to ask for suggestions on playing through injuries.

HarveyWallbangers
10-22-2008, 01:27 PM
"I didn't give him any game planning,'' Favre said Wednesday. "I haven't been in that offense in over a year. I don't know what else to tell you. It was pretty simple.''

I find this funny. Obviously, it wasn't "over a year," and he had only missed one regular season or playoff game at that time. Remember this was before week 2 of the season. The only meanngful game the Packers had played since the loss to the Giants was in week 1 vs. the Vikings. I think there's a chance that Favre talked to them too.

AtlPackFan
10-22-2008, 01:39 PM
From Yahoo sports:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-jets-favre-denial&prov=ap&type=lgns

LEWCWA
10-22-2008, 02:45 PM
So the big asswipe only wants Favre stuff in its own thread on the front page if it has negative connotations! How appropriate!

mmmdk
10-22-2008, 02:58 PM
So the big asswipe only wants Favre stuff in its own thread on the front page if it has negative connotations! How appropriate!

Wow...you're Favre smart!

AtlPackFan
10-22-2008, 03:07 PM

what???

Joemailman
10-22-2008, 03:14 PM
I'm somewhat encouraged by what Favre had to say in his PC. This may have been blown up into something bigger than it really was. I hope so. Maybe wouldn't be a bad thing for Favre to call MM and clear the air on what really happened, if he hasn't already done so.

Gunakor
10-22-2008, 03:18 PM

Does this mean you support Favre's actions against the Packers (not just Ted Thompson, cuz, you know, had the Lions won the entire TEAM would have suffered the defeat, including many on the roster who would call Favre a friend still)?

This is low. You simply cannot put a positive spin on this. Even if it was next to nothing that was actually said, it's still more than absolutely nothing. Favre does not dispute that at least something was said. Whatever it was, it was unsportsmanlike and unprofessional - not to mention incredibly juvenile - for him to say it.

Gunakor
10-22-2008, 03:27 PM
I'm somewhat encouraged by what Favre had to say in his PC. This may have been blown up into something bigger than it really was. I hope so. Maybe wouldn't be a bad thing for Favre to call MM and clear the air on what really happened, if he hasn't already done so.

I'm not encouraged by it. He confirmed that he did in fact talk Packers with Millen while the Lions were preparing for a game against the Packers. It doesn't matter what was or wasn't said. That there was anything said at all is enough. Why the hell would Brett want to help the Lions anyway? Oh yeah, because of who they are playing. It wasn't about helping the Lions, it was about hurting the Packers. Not hurting TT or MM specifically, but the entire team in general. There is absolutely nothing at all that is okay with that happening. Even his buddy Donald Driver would have likely been pissed off had the Packers lost that game, and then came to find out that the Lions were aided even a little bit by Favre's conversation.

If he wants to shit all over TT and MM for what happened over the summer, fine. I don't agree that it's necessary, but if Favre does I at least understand where he's coming from. As long as he keeps it between those two, no big deal. But when he starts shitting all over the entire team - including many players who busted thier ass for Brett for a very long time - that I don't understand.

cpk1994
10-22-2008, 07:45 PM

what???I believe he/she/it was referring to me. And he/she/it is getting all bent out of shape becuase awhile ago I asked a question in regardsthe Favre thread. A question, not a demand. I made a thread about this particular info becuase it was ESPN finally breaking silence, reporting a story they claimed was "nonexistent" only becuase Favre said something. Proof that ESPN does indeed kiss Favre's ass.

Scott Campbell
10-22-2008, 09:01 PM
Rodgers over Favre, now thats funny!

Nice signature.

AtlPackFan
10-22-2008, 09:19 PM

what???I believe he/she/it was referring to me. And he/she/it is getting all bent out of shape becuase awhile ago I asked a question in regardsthe Favre thread. A question, not a demand. I made a thread about this particular info becuase it was ESPN finally breaking silence, reporting a story they claimed was "nonexistent" only becuase Favre said something. Proof that ESPN does indeed kiss Favre's ass.

I figured the asswipe comment was directed at me since it fits with Eeyore. :oops: And I did start a thread - way back when - asking that a new room be set up for all the Favre threads. Of course the majority soundly nixed that idea...which was fine. Majority rules.

LEWCWA
10-22-2008, 09:24 PM
Rodgers over Favre, now thats funny!

Nice signature.

thank you

LEWCWA
10-22-2008, 09:28 PM

I figured the asswipe comment was directed at me since it fits with Eeyore. :oops: And I did start a thread - way back when - asking that a new room be set up for all the Favre threads. Of course the majority soundly nixed that idea...which was fine. Majority rules.

It could be any of you guys. This is a msg board. Why should anything be censored, having to do with the Packers/NfL. Sorry but Favre will always be a part of this team. Do we need permission to talk about Lombardi, too?

LEWCWA
10-22-2008, 09:34 PM
I also think it is pretty weak for some to call for a ban on all Favre related news, until a negative story hits.

MJZiggy
10-22-2008, 09:37 PM
Nobody wanted a ban until a negative story hit, I think they wanted it separated until an ACTUAL story hit. Sorry, but this is news, not just a stats and Jets game discussion.

AtlPackFan
10-22-2008, 09:40 PM

It could be any of you guys. This is a msg board. Why should anything be censored, having to do with the Packers/NfL. Sorry but Favre will always be a part of this team. Do we need permission to talk about Lombardi, too?

I had no intention of censoring anything. I was simply interested in separating the Favre discussions from the Packer football discussion. I plead my case, the majority said no and I moved on.

I think its time you do the same. That was about 3 months ago. Long time to hold a grudge! And is really necessary to call people names??? :roll:

Last if you READ the story its just Favre explaining his perception of the whole mess. Hardly what I would call a story with negative connotations.

Bossman641
10-22-2008, 10:00 PM
Nobody wanted a ban until a negative story hit, I think they wanted it separated until an ACTUAL story hit. Sorry, but this is news, not just a stats and Jets game circle jerk.

FIXED

Bretsky
10-22-2008, 10:32 PM
Nobody wanted a ban until a negative story hit, I think they wanted it separated until an ACTUAL story hit. Sorry, but this is news, not just a stats and Jets game discussion.

Interesting way to spin in

They wanted to see "less" Favre material in threads and that is why the suggestions of one thread with all was put out. News, stats, fluff, bad stuff....whatever. He's a Jet.

I couldn't really give a shit if people want to post multiple negative threads now that the news is hitting; in fact I'd expect it.

On another note the news is very disappointing to me.

Patler
10-22-2008, 11:46 PM
I think many of us felt there should be some organization, control, restraint, whatever on the Favre threads at a time when there was nothing new to discuss, just rehashing what had been done and over with for weeks, or months. For a while it seemed like 10 "Favre This" or "Favre That" threads were started every day, and Packer threads were soon buried. Even ostensibly Packer threads were soon thread-jacked to something Favre related. It was not a Packer board, it had become a Favre board, and the participants mostly just swore at each other and called each other names. It was made worse by the fact that there was nothing new being discussed, just people stating the same things over and over ad nauseum. The only new subjects were Favre/Jets, irrelevant to the Packers.

Since those wishing to discuss Favre exercised restraint and limited the threads, Packer topics were again discussed. It made it easy and convenient for those of us wishing to avoid the Favre discussions to do so.

This week, there have been many new things to discuss that involve Favre AND the Packers. These are of interest to Packer fans in general. I suspect it will all die down soon enough.

boiga
10-23-2008, 12:09 AM
I suspect it will all die down soon enough. I hope so. It's a shame that this had to come to a head during the by week. There's not going to be much Packer related news to discuss at least until they start practicing again next week. So, this story might unfortunately fill the void and clog the board for the next week and a half.

LEWCWA
10-23-2008, 02:13 AM

thing is this is a msg board, first and foremost. This is a place people come to get opinion from others. I don't need this place for news coverage. I read in this place for others opinions. I don't care what the opinion is, it is basically entertaining. I love Tex's politico rants, whether i agree or not, it is entertaining. I hate anyone to determine what is worthy of a spot here or anywhere. Some here think they have to police everything, unless it is something that interests them or serves their purpose. This is a joke. Don't tell me what thread to start and I won't tell you or anyone else for that matter......

LEWCWA
10-23-2008, 02:16 AM
I see plenty of stupid shit on here daily. Does it bother me? No, because it was important enough to someone to type it. Just because I think it is stupid or meaningless means nothing. Don't like it skip it.

LEWCWA
10-23-2008, 02:17 AM
If Favre threads stay on the front page, someone has to keep them there!

Patler
10-23-2008, 02:46 AM
I think you miss the point. No one wants to stop anyone from discussing whatever they want to discuss. It's simply a matter of organization so that everyone can discuss what they want to discuss and use this resource.

I never before expressed the opinion, because the site is not mine to control, but I thought a Favre "room" made perfect sense. Those who wanted to engage in Favre discussions could go there, just like they do for the Brewers, Bucks, Badgers, etc. The Favreaholics on both sides (pro and con) could start thousands of threads if they so desired.

The problem at one time was that every thread was being jacked to a Favre issue. It was impossible to discuss the Packers. Only a small number of posters would do it, some on each side of the Favre issues, but thread after thread was ruined because of it.

Heck, there was a time when a dozen threads would be started for the same thing, each with just one or two responses. Rather than respond to an existing thread about the same thing, people would start their own thread with a slightly different slant. People lost track of the other threads, buried among all things Favre.

I completely avoided anything Favre since the season started until just this week, for obvious reasons. But I am going back to the "No Favre" zone I was in before, unless and until something new about him comes up.

Patler
10-23-2008, 02:49 AM
If Favre threads stay on the front page, someone has to keep them there!

Yes, and people were even responding to themselves to do it.

Fritz
10-23-2008, 01:21 PM
BFPN!

Pugger
10-23-2008, 02:06 PM
I really don't care if Brett talked to the Loins or not. I don't think he could tell them anything about the Pack that they don't already know. But I'm curious as to WHO leaked this story to Glazer in the first place. I doubt it was Favre. He has enough on his plate and doesn't need this (nor do we!). It could've been Millen. :roll: Or it may have been someone else over in the Detroit offices. I think that is the real story here!

Gunakor
10-23-2008, 02:39 PM
I really don't care if Brett talked to the Loins or not. I don't think he could tell them anything about the Pack that they don't already know. But I'm curious as to WHO leaked this story to Glazer in the first place. I doubt it was Favre. He has enough on his plate and doesn't need this (nor do we!). It could've been Millen. :roll: Or it may have been someone else over in the Detroit offices. I think that is the real story here!

Well, I know something that Brett could give to the Lions that the Lions couldn't really have gotten from watching film. There isn't a ton of game film on Rodgers. Brett was there every day in practice with him, so I think he would know a bit more about Aaron Rodgers than could be gathered by watching film. I'm not pretending to know what was or wasn't said, but that kinda stuck out to me as something he could in fact have used to give the Lions an advantage. Just a thought...

Pacopete4
10-23-2008, 04:12 PM

Well, I know something that Brett could give to the Lions that the Lions couldn't really have gotten from watching film. There isn't a ton of game film on Rodgers. Brett was there every day in practice with him, so I think he would know a bit more about Aaron Rodgers than could be gathered by watching film. I'm not pretending to know what was or wasn't said, but that kinda stuck out to me as something he could in fact have used to give the Lions an advantage. Just a thought...

Well maybe its the other way around then... maybe Brett told him oposite the shit we're thinking cuz if I remember right we won and Arod probably played his best game so far?...... hmmm.... thank you Brett, no wonder we all love you so much! :P

cpk1994
10-23-2008, 05:46 PM

Well maybe its the other way around then... maybe Brett told him oposite the shit we're thinking cuz if I remember right we won and Arod probably played his best game so far?...... hmmm.... thank you Brett, no wonder we all love you so much! :PYeah, becuase Brett loves TT and would do something to help him keep his job. :roll:

Pacopete4
10-23-2008, 05:48 PM

Well maybe its the other way around then... maybe Brett told him oposite the shit we're thinking cuz if I remember right we won and Arod probably played his best game so far?...... hmmm.... thank you Brett, no wonder we all love you so much! :PYeah, becuase Brett loves TT and would do something to help him keep his job. :roll:

but you can't prove it wrong can you? just like you can't prove the other way is right... that was my point, that none of us actually know the facts..

Scott Campbell
10-23-2008, 05:50 PM
but you can't prove it wrong can you? just like you can't prove the other way is right... that was my point, that none of us actually know the facts..

That's right. Nobody can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Brett is not really a secret double agent working for Ted. :roll:

Pacopete4
10-23-2008, 05:52 PM

That's right. Nobody can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Brett is not really a secret double agent working for Ted. :roll:

no one can prove either side.. i cant prove to you brett is right with what he said and you cant prove to me a sawed off little reporter said is right either..

cpk1994
10-23-2008, 05:57 PM

no one can prove either side.. i cant prove to you brett is right with what he said and you cant prove to me a sawed off little reporter said is right either..But the record clearly shows that Brett hates TT. So Him helping TT is pure idiocy.

Pacopete4
10-23-2008, 05:58 PM

no one can prove either side.. i cant prove to you brett is right with what he said and you cant prove to me a sawed off little reporter said is right either..But the record clearly shows that Brett hates TT. So Him helping TT is pure idiocy.

Can you show me the record of Brett ever saying he hates TT? Please.. please.. please... show me anything close to it...

cpk1994
10-23-2008, 06:01 PM

Can you show me the record of Brett ever saying he hates TT? Please.. please.. please... show me anything close to it...Go pop in the tape of the Greta interview. Only a complete moron would still believe Brett likes TT after that.

Scott Campbell
10-23-2008, 06:02 PM

no one can prove either side.. i cant prove to you brett is right with what he said and you cant prove to me a sawed off little reporter said is right either..

You must not be following the story very closely. :lol:

Favre is a traitor.

Pacopete4
10-23-2008, 06:02 PM

Can you show me the record of Brett ever saying he hates TT? Please.. please.. please... show me anything close to it...Go pop in the tape of the Greta interview. Only a complete moron would still believe Brett likes TT after that.

whoa whoa whoa... you said hates to start with... now its he doesnt like him?

I'll say it again.. there is no record of Brett saying he hates, or even dislikes TT... :lol:

Pacopete4
10-23-2008, 06:03 PM

You must not be following the story very closely. :lol:

Favre is a traitor.

how did he betray the Jets? Hes NOT A PACKER... therefor he cannot be a traitor to us

cpk1994
10-23-2008, 06:03 PM

I'll say it again.. there is no record of Brett saying he hates, or even dislikes TT... :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Pacopete4
10-23-2008, 06:06 PM

I'll say it again.. there is no record of Brett saying he hates, or even dislikes TT... :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I know.. emoticons are a great way of saying you don't really have any facts to throw out but hey, I still love ya CPK!

cpk1994
10-23-2008, 06:08 PM

I know.. emoticons are a great way of saying you don't really have any facts to throw out but hey, I still love ya CPK!No, they are a way to keep me from decriptively mentioning your lack of intelligence.

Pacopete4
10-23-2008, 06:08 PM

I know.. emoticons are a great way of saying you don't really have any facts to throw out but hey, I still love ya CPK!No, they are a way to keep me from decriptively mentioning your lack of intelligence.

well someone with intelligence like you should be able to support what you are saying.. right?

Scott Campbell
10-23-2008, 06:13 PM
Hes NOT A PACKER.

Didn't he say he'd always be a Packer?

cpk1994
10-23-2008, 06:14 PM
Hes NOT A PACKER.

Didn't he say he'd always be a Packer?Yeah, but like usual he lied.

Pacopete4
10-23-2008, 06:16 PM
Hes NOT A PACKER.

Didn't he say he'd always be a Packer?

He is a Jet... he did not betray the Jets.... case closed

cpk1994
10-23-2008, 06:17 PM
well someone with intelligence like you should be able to support what you are saying.. right?I did. I said go pop in the tape of the Greta interview and only a complete moron would not think that Brett hates TT. I guess that makes you a complete moron.

Pacopete4
10-23-2008, 06:17 PM
well someone with intelligence like you should be able to support what you are saying.. right?I did. I said go pop in the tape of the Greta interview and only a complete moron would not think that Brett hates TT. I guess that makes you a complete moron.

thats not fact... that is opinion...

with your intelligence, i thought you'd know that

cpk1994
10-23-2008, 06:19 PM

with your intelligence, i thought you'd know that You really make the mentally retarded look bad.

Scott Campbell
10-23-2008, 06:19 PM

I wonder what Brett is getting Ted for Xmas this year. :roll:

Pacopete4
10-23-2008, 06:20 PM

with your intelligence, i thought you'd know that You really make the mentally retarded look bad.

excuse me? did you just make a crack at people that have no control over how they are?... you better watch what you say buddy

Pacopete4
10-23-2008, 06:20 PM

a second round pick

cpk1994
10-23-2008, 06:22 PM

excuse me? did you just make a crack at people that have no control over how they are?... you better watch what you say buddyNo, I made the observation that you are one of them.

Scott Campbell
10-23-2008, 06:23 PM

a second round pick

I heard he got a great deal on it. :lol:

Pacopete4
10-23-2008, 06:25 PM

excuse me? did you just make a crack at people that have no control over how they are?... you better watch what you say buddyNo, I made the observation that you are one of them.

have hated for me... but DO NOT bring in mentally handicap people when making a crack... how would you like to be one or one of your kids be one... maybe then you wouldnt spew this garbage.... as a matter of fact, you are fuckin garbage... you just dont say things about those wonderful people that bust their ass twice as hard just to have a normal life or what seems like one to them

Scott Campbell
10-23-2008, 06:27 PM
have hated for me... but DO NOT bring in mentally handicap people when making a crack... how would you like to be one or one of your kids be one...

I don't know. Let's ask your mom.

cpk1994
10-23-2008, 06:27 PM

have hated for me... but DO NOT bring in mentally handicap people when making a crack... how would you like to be one or one of your kids be one... maybe then you wouldnt spew this garbage.... as a matter of fact, you are fuckin garbage... you just dont say things about those wonderful people that bust their ass twice as hard just to have a normal life or what seems like one to themWhen you have a chance, try to take out the panties that are clearly waded way to far up your ass. :lol:

Pacopete4
10-23-2008, 06:28 PM

have hated for me... but DO NOT bring in mentally handicap people when making a crack... how would you like to be one or one of your kids be one... maybe then you wouldnt spew this garbage.... as a matter of fact, you are fuckin garbage... you just dont say things about those wonderful people that bust their ass twice as hard just to have a normal life or what seems like one to themWhen you have a chance, try to take out the panties that are clearly waded way to far up your ass. :lol:

seriously dude... this isnt one of our little rants back and forth... grow up and show some respect, its just asinine that you would even go that far as to bring in mentally handicapped people... just sad bro

Scott Campbell
10-23-2008, 06:31 PM
... grow up and show some respect.....

Maybe we should listen to the little college weenie. He might be wearing his big boy pants today.

cpk1994
10-23-2008, 06:32 PM

seriously dude... this isnt one of our little rants back and forth... grow up and show some respect, its just asinine that you would even go that far as to bring in mentally handicapped people... just sad broSeriously, get that bee out of your ass. Use the jaws of life if you have to. But good god, lighten up, Francis.

Pacopete4
10-23-2008, 06:33 PM

seriously dude... this isnt one of our little rants back and forth... grow up and show some respect, its just asinine that you would even go that far as to bring in mentally handicapped people... just sad broSeriously, get that bee out of your ass. Use the jaws of life if you have to. But good god, lighten up, Francis.

you just cant grow up can you... u stepped outta line on that one.. just dont do it again... its not right and never will be

cpk1994
10-23-2008, 06:37 PM
[quote:bc3b4b0673="Pacopete4"]

you just cant grow up can you... u stepped outta line on that one.. just dont do it again... its not right and never will be[/quote:bc3b4b0673]Oh, Im scared. What are you going to do, call the principal? :lol:

Seriously though Im done. Its obvious you can dish it but can't take it. I will let Scott handle you from now on. You are not worth it.

Pacopete4
10-23-2008, 06:38 PM
[quote:04b1c6a57d="cpk1994"][quote:04b1c6a57d="Pacopete4"]

you just cant grow up can you... u stepped outta line on that one.. just dont do it again... its not right and never will be[/quote:04b1c6a57d]Oh, Im scared. What are you going to do, call the principal? :lol:

Seriously though Im done. Its obvious you can dish it but can't take it. I will let Scott handle you from now on. You are not worth it.[/quote:04b1c6a57d]

dish whatever u want at me.. just DONT, i'll repeat DONT! starting making fun or using mentally handicapped people as a way of getting ur point across... how hard is that as a human being... do u have any feelin at all for those people? fuck...

Scott Campbell
10-23-2008, 06:40 PM
So, let's see if I've got this straight. You'll be very, very upset if somebody calls you a retard?

Tyrone Bigguns
10-23-2008, 06:41 PM
Paco is completely right.

No mentally retarded person would ever want to be associated with him. They are far too bright to be hanging with him.

They didn't work twice as hard to fit in to be lumped in with him.

Scott and CPK, please apologize immediately to the mentally retarded.

Scott Campbell
10-23-2008, 06:42 PM
Goodness gracious - things are getting very unseemly. I'm borderline distraught.

Pacopete4
10-23-2008, 06:42 PM
good work guys... real intelligence shown here... great....

Scott Campbell
10-23-2008, 06:43 PM

Let us know if you find your balls.

Pacopete4
10-23-2008, 06:46 PM

havin balls has nothing to do with u feeling the need to feel superior enough to make fun of the mentally handicapped.. people who cant defend themselves... ya, youre a tough guy! keep at er!

Tyrone Bigguns
10-23-2008, 06:47 PM

Relax Corky. Life goes on.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-23-2008, 06:48 PM

havin balls has nothing to do with u feeling the need to feel superior enough to make fun of the mentally handicapped.. people who cant defend themselves... ya, youre a tough guy! keep at er!

How do you know they can't defend themselves? Seems awfully patronizing. DON'T DO IT AGAIN!!!!!

Zool
Someone stole Paco's bike?

Tyrone Bigguns
xsss

Scott Campbell
10-23-2008, 06:52 PM

You seem very upset. :lol:

cpk1994
10-23-2008, 06:52 PM

Let us know if you find your balls.Thanks, Scott, I almost spit my Coke on my moniter. :lol: :lol:

Pacopete4
10-23-2008, 06:53 PM

naw not really.. just think its juvenile and pathetic... but what would some college kid know!

cpk1994
10-23-2008, 06:54 PM

You seem very upset. :lol:Stop it your killing me! :lol:

Scott Campbell
10-23-2008, 06:56 PM
.. just think its juvenile .....

......when in Rome......

Scott Campbell
10-23-2008, 06:57 PM

naw not really......

That's it Paco........take nice deep breaths.......find your happy place.....

Pacopete4
10-23-2008, 06:59 PM
whats funny is if u actually knew me, im really a calm guy ha

Scott Campbell
10-23-2008, 07:04 PM

......until called upon to defend Brett's honor. Then you go off like a retarded kid with Tourette's syndrome.

Pacopete4
10-23-2008, 07:04 PM

......until called upon to defend Brett's honor. Then you go off like a retarded kid with Tourette's syndrome.

seriously.. dont

Scott Campbell
10-23-2008, 07:05 PM
Perhaps I should be more politically correct.

Scott Campbell
10-23-2008, 07:06 PM

seriously.. dont

Would "spaz" be more acceptable?

Pacopete4
Perhaps I should be more politically correct.

its not a lot to ask

Pacopete4

seriously.. dont

Would "spaz" be more acceptable?

stuff like that is all game on you fucking flamer

cpk1994
10-23-2008, 07:07 PM

......until called upon to defend Brett's honor. Then you go off like a retarded kid with Tourette's syndrome. :lol: This is going in my sig.

Zool
10-23-2008, 07:08 PM
STFU all of you with this fucking stupid bickering. I'm just sick to death of it and not going to tolerate it anymore. If you HAVE to bitch at each other like 15 year old girls, confine that shit to 1 thread.

Enough is enough already. Grow the fuck up or shut the fuck up.

Pacopete4
10-23-2008, 07:11 PM
http://www.health-in-action.org/library/pdf/Shaken%20Baby/Images/Waa%20cry%20baby2.jpg

Pacopete4
10-23-2008, 07:15 PM
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/schwartz2425/GreenbayPackers.png

Joemailman
10-23-2008, 08:21 PM
:jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack:

HarveyWallbangers
10-23-2008, 08:57 PM
That was good. I think it was enough, but it was fun while it lasted. Some of it went overboard. It's funny that pacopete gets all bent of a shape. The guy that tells people to "go f**k themselves", "eat sh!t", etc. on a regular basis.

http://packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=14888&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=40

Bretsky
10-23-2008, 09:21 PM
too many people acting like pricks in this thread; I agree with Zool

Take the Bullshit to PM and no more bullshit piling on each other

Let's try it for a frickin forty eight hour period

Harlan Huckleby
10-23-2008, 09:25 PM
bad time for a bye week

LEWCWA
10-23-2008, 09:45 PM
Just more of cpk being a complete ass. Paco was defending his position and the dumbasses have to start. Do you feel good that you touched a nerve with Paco. Some of you are very low rent.

Zool
10-23-2008, 11:19 PM
That seems like a necessary post.

Scott Campbell
10-24-2008, 12:47 AM
SAL PAL SAYS FAVRE IS LYING
Posted by Mike Florio on October 23, 2008, 6:09 p.m.

It’s been a big week for 790 The Zone in Atlanta. Six days ago, Ravens defensive end Terrell Suggs made some comments that created quite the national stir.

On Thursday morning, we started receiving e-mail after e-mail from folks who heard an interview of ESPN’s Sal Paolantonio on 790 The Zone’s Mayhem in the A.M.

During the spot, Paolantonio weighs in on the Brett Favre situation.

Paolantonio clearly believes Jay Glazer’s report that Favre helped the Lions prepare to play the Packers, notwithstanding ESPN’s official “please move along, there’s nothing to look at” position.

“Do I think what he did was wrong? Yes,” Paolantonio said Favre, who reportedly flatly denied Glazer’s report on Sunday night but seemed to stake out a middle ground during a Wednesday press conference.

“Favre has to be smarter than that, and he was never terribly smart,” Paolantonio said. “He feels like he can just lie. . . . You can’t lie, because (a) you’re Brett Favre and (b) we’re gonna catch you on it. So you’re lying. That’s the biggest problem I have with this whole thing. Just own up to it. . . .

“The whole thing is just implausible that he would not just come out and tell the truth. Just tell the truth. . . . He gave the story legs.”

But what of the fact that the Lions still were blown out?

“So you weren’t very much help, and you aren’t very much help to the Jets,” Paolantonio said. “So go home.”

Freak Out
10-24-2008, 01:08 AM
This whole place is starting to smell bad.

cpk1994
10-24-2008, 07:12 AM
SAL PAL SAYS FAVRE IS LYING
Posted by Mike Florio on October 23, 2008, 6:09 p.m.

It’s been a big week for 790 The Zone in Atlanta. Six days ago, Ravens defensive end Terrell Suggs made some comments that created quite the national stir.

On Thursday morning, we started receiving e-mail after e-mail from folks who heard an interview of ESPN’s Sal Paolantonio on 790 The Zone’s Mayhem in the A.M.

During the spot, Paolantonio weighs in on the Brett Favre situation.

Paolantonio clearly believes Jay Glazer’s report that Favre helped the Lions prepare to play the Packers, notwithstanding ESPN’s official “please move along, there’s nothing to look at” position.

“Do I think what he did was wrong? Yes,” Paolantonio said Favre, who reportedly flatly denied Glazer’s report on Sunday night but seemed to stake out a middle ground during a Wednesday press conference.

“Favre has to be smarter than that, and he was never terribly smart,” Paolantonio said. “He feels like he can just lie. . . . You can’t lie, because (a) you’re Brett Favre and (b) we’re gonna catch you on it. So you’re lying. That’s the biggest problem I have with this whole thing. Just own up to it. . . .

“The whole thing is just implausible that he would not just come out and tell the truth. Just tell the truth. . . . He gave the story legs.”

But what of the fact that the Lions still were blown out?

“So you weren’t very much help, and you aren’t very much help to the Jets,” Paolantonio said. “So go home.”I guess Sal can kiss his job goodbye.

Zool
10-24-2008, 07:35 AM
Holy Crap!

“So you weren’t very much help, and you aren’t very much help to the Jets,” Paolantonio said. “So go home.”

I wonder if Sal hired security yet? Madden is probably at his doorstep right now with a shotgun.

cpk1994
10-24-2008, 07:38 AM
Holy Crap!

I wonder if Sal hired security yet? Madden is probably at his doorstep right now with a shotgun.Chris Mortensen is there with a tazer as well.

Scott Campbell
10-24-2008, 08:48 AM
Paco was defending his position...........

Paco admitted he hates the Packers. He's a troll of the worst kind - a traitor. He's fair game.

Harlan Huckleby
10-24-2008, 09:18 AM
Sal's a funny guy if nothing else. I guess he has not been on the Favre wagon for a while.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2008/08/sal-pal-on-favre-overrated.html

This is a chapter from "The Paolantonio Report: The Most Overrated & Underrated Players, Teams, Coaches & Moments in NFL History," by Sal Pal with Reuben Frank:

Let’s examine the second half of No. 4’s career. The truth is Brett Favre has done very little over the past decade to earn the gushing praise heaped upon him by Packers fans and many in the mainstream broadcast media.

After beating the 49ers in the 1997 NFC Championship Game, Favre won just three of his last 10 playoff games. Eli Manning had more postseason wins in a 29-day span this past season than Favre had in his last decade with the Packers.

Yes, Favre won a Super Bowl - 11 years ago! But as his career arc spiraled downward, the blind adulation only got worse.

Favre’s passer rating in his last 12 postseason games was a pedestrian 77.8. In his last five wild-card games , he went 2-3 with more interceptions (nine) than touchdowns (seven). In his last three divisional playoff games, he was 1-2 with seven TDs and seven interceptions. That’s a 3-5 record with 14 touchdown passes and 16 picks.

In two of his last four postseason appearances, Favre threw two of the most unthinkable playoff interceptions in NFL history, both in overtime - Brian Dawkins in Philadelphia in 2003 and Corey Webster against the Giants this past January.

In fact, Favre is the only quarterback in NFL history to throw overtime interceptions in two different playoff games.

In the first 81 years of the Green Bay franchise, the most hallowed in all of pro football, the Packers were 13-0 at home in the postseason. Never lost a game at home in the playoffs. But, since 2002, the Packers have gone 2-3 in playoff games at Lambeau Field, with Favre losing to the following not-quite Hall of Fame quarterbacks: Michael Vick, Daunte Culpepper and Eli Manning.

In his last nine playoff games, Favre threw 18 interceptions. That’s two per game.

If Eli Manning had a decade like this? He’d be run out of New York. If Philip Rivers kept chucking ridiculous overtime interceptions in the postseason? He’d be branded a first-round bust. If Drew Brees came up short in three out of five home playoff games? He’d be mocked.

But no matter how many dumb passes he threw and how many playoff games he lost, Favre remained immune to criticism.

Favre isn’t even the greatest quarterback in the history of the Green Bay Packers. It’s not even close. Bart Starr won five NFL Championships - four more than Favre - and retired as the NFL’s most accurate passer.

Oh, you say, Starr was surrounded by a Hall of Fame roster with a legendary head coach. But Starr is still the NFL record holder with a 104.8 career playoff passer rating, nearly 20 points higher than Favre’s. That wasn’t Vince Lombardi or Ray Nitschke throwing those passes for Starr, whose career postseason passer rating, by the way, is 38 points higher than Johnny Unitas.

Favre’s career playoff record was 12-10, barely above .500. Starr’s was 9-1 - without benefit of wild-card games. Favre threw 28 interceptions in 22 playoff games. Starr threw three in 10 games. Think about that, just three picks in 213 postseason attempts.

But Bart Starr gets the Ringo Starr treatment - underappreciated and overlooked. Brett Favre gets put on a pedestal. Yes, he had a Pro Bowl season in 2007, with the youngest roster in the NFL. But his final moment on Lambeau Field was a wildly errant pass that turned into the NFC title for the New York Giants.

Indeed, a decade after his last moments of glory, the football hype machine continued to paint Favre as a hallowed icon of Americana, a symbol of all that is right with sports, a Wild West gun-slinging good ol' boy. There's Brett on the farm! There's Brett with his family! There's Brett on the cover of Sports Illustrated! There's Brett throwing another overtime interception!

HarveyWallbangers
10-24-2008, 09:19 AM
I found this funny after last week.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20081024/sp_afp/amfootnflpatriots_081024020537

Patriots deny ESPN report, back injured Brady

An ESPN report said infection caused a major problem with Brady's surgically repaired left knee and the Patriots were unhappy he opted to have a Los Angeles doctor perform the operation rather than Boston physicians.

But hours after that report, the Patriots released a statement of their own, expressing total confidence in Brady and support for his decision.

"Today, ESPN cited an unnamed source who supposedly expressed the feelings of the Patriots organization. This unsubstantiated report does not represent the team's views whatsoever," a statement from the Patriots said.

Pacopete4
10-24-2008, 09:22 AM
oh scott zip it.. people can hate what their team does and still love them at the same time.. bear and vikes fans do it constantly... wolf even said his regrets were not getting enough studs around brett and hiring rhodes... and sherman as a gm? lets get serious.. and now the beef w TT and u have the reason why i have bad feelings with packers managment.. doesn't make me any less of a fan.. maybe over judgemental but it really is only cuz i care... maybe too much ha

Fritz
10-24-2008, 12:40 PM
So are you a fan of the Packers back in 1967?

I mean, I could see if you were pissed at management for failing, over and over, to bring highly competetive teams and even some championships to titletown. But Wolf did it, and TT has helped mold a team that went to the NFC Championship game last year. Mike Sherman - god love him - got a team to within 26 yards of the NFC Championship game.

So your seeming hatred for the organization given the successes suggests you're not much of a fan of the Green Bay Packers. That's how it seems to me, anyway. Your barometer for the Packers seems based less on team success and more on surrounding Brett Favre with Pro-Bowl talent so he could be recognized as the greates NFL QB ever and have more records. That's how your stuff seems to read, anyway.

Scott Campbell
10-24-2008, 05:46 PM
..... people can hate what their team does and still love them at the same time.. ....

.... shame on you Green Bay Packers.. Brett does not thank you for Ray Rhodes or Mike Sherman or TT.... he hates u for it! ..... and I do too..

When Petey says he hates the Packers, what I think he means is this:

He........hates........the..........Packers....... ....period.

He is a traitor.
He is a troll.
His posts are routinely malicious.
He is here for one reason, and one reason only - to lash out at the team and fans he hates.

And now he's confessed to what most of us already knew. He hates our team.

Petey commencing with another round of lame excuse making in 5, 4, 3, 2.......

packerbacker1234
10-26-2008, 05:16 PM
I love the comment "your not very helpful for the jets either".

Last I checked, the jets and packers have the exact same record. On top of that, the jets # of wins right now equals last years total.

So...

Yeah. Sal is definitely entering dangerous waters here. Accusing a man of lying without a single stich of proof other then Jay glazer apparently finding out that Favre and Millen talked on the phone is downright silly. He might as well steal favre's phone, look up all the recently recieved and dialed calls, and start making more accusations. Damn favre for having friends in the NFL.

That bastard.

prsnfoto
10-27-2008, 09:41 AM

Last I checked, the jets and packers have the exact same record. On top of that, the jets # of wins right now equals last years total.

So...

Yeah. Sal is definitely entering dangerous waters here. Accusing a man of lying without a single stich of proof other then Jay glazer apparently finding out that Favre and Millen talked on the phone is downright silly. He might as well steal favre's phone, look up all the recently recieved and dialed calls, and start making more accusations. Damn favre for having friends in the NFL.

That bastard.

:wave: :wave: There is a reason Sal gets very little airtime anymore.

cpk1994
10-27-2008, 02:52 PM

So...

That bastard.

:wave: :wave: There is a reason Sal gets very little airtime anymore.Yeah. ESPN dosen't tolerate someone on their payroll not sucking up to Favre and fellating him.

gex
10-29-2008, 11:59 PM
Just more of cpk being a complete ass. Paco was defending his position and the dumbasses have to start. Do you feel good that you touched a nerve with Paco. Some of you are very low rent. :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: