PDA

View Full Version : This Just In - Steve McNair Hasn't Called Thompson

Scott Campbell
10-22-2008, 12:37 PM
Yeah, he had a nasty split with the Titans. But Steve apparently has some dignity.

Freak Out
10-22-2008, 12:42 PM
Are you having all your wives burn their Favre jerseys in some sort of demonic/Mormon ritual to rid the world of the taint and evil he has spread throughout the world?

prsnfoto
10-22-2008, 01:29 PM
Yeah, he had a nasty split with the Titans. But Steve apparently has some dignity.

Or unlike Millen and Favre who both hunt and have something in common to talk about maybe Steve McNair has no interest in turtles or never mind I won't be like Glazer and speculate.

Gunakor
10-22-2008, 01:40 PM

Or unlike Millen and Favre who both hunt and have something in common to talk about maybe Steve McNair has no interest in turtles or never mind I won't be like Glazer and speculate.

Favre admitted there was at least some talk about football during that conversation. It wasn't all "Hey, wanna go hunting together?" At least part of it was "Here's some advice on how to beat the Packers" even according to Favre. To what extent is irrelevant IMO. It's the principle of the thing. That he gave any advice to Millen or whoever concerning the Packer game is unforgiveable. Favre does not play for the Lions, so he has nothing to gain from sharing ANY information whatsoever with them. No Packer fan could justify that and, to be perfectly honest, no Jets fan could either.

Patler
10-22-2008, 01:41 PM
.... maybe Steve McNair has no interest in turtles or never mind I won't be like Glazer and speculate.

Speculate? How did Glazer speculate? He reported information that was provided to him, information that seems to have been fairly accurate. At least more accurate than Favre's original denial.

prsnfoto
10-22-2008, 02:03 PM
.... maybe Steve McNair has no interest in turtles or never mind I won't be like Glazer and speculate.

Speculate? How did Glazer speculate? He reported information that was provided to him, information that seems to have been fairly accurate. At least more accurate than Favre's original denial.

Well it was not 60-90 minutes and it could not have been earth shattering information the fact that anyone believes that in five or ten minutes Favre could give away secrets that the coaches being paid millions to break down film each week can't figure out is absurd, this is a non story except in Jay Glazers world. I also find it funny that every major news source pinned the Romo call on Favre when it seems Romo called him there were smucks on the NFL network saying this weekend that Brett should butt out and mind his own business blah blah.

Gunakor
10-22-2008, 02:14 PM

Well it was not 60-90 minutes and it could not have been earth shattering information the fact that anyone believes that in five or ten minutes Favre could give away secrets that the coaches being paid millions to break down film each week can't figure out is absurd, this is a non story except in Jay Glazers world. I also find it funny that every major news source pinned the Romo call on Favre when it seems Romo called him there were smucks on the NFL network saying this weekend that Brett should butt out and mind his own business blah blah.

It doesn't matter how long it was. Again, it's the principle of the thing. If Favre gave Millen 5 minutes worth of advice that's still not okay. He should have kept the conversation limited to his hunting escapades and kept the Packers completely out of it. He did not do that, and admits as much. It's not WHAT was said, but rather THAT it was said and WHO it was said to that is the problem here.

Bossman641
10-22-2008, 02:20 PM

It doesn't matter how long it was. Again, it's the principle of the thing. If Favre gave Millen 5 minutes worth of advice that's still not okay. He should have kept the conversation limited to his hunting escapades and kept the Packers completely out of it. He did not do that, and admits as much. It's not WHAT was said, but rather THAT it was said and WHO it was said to that is the problem here.

While I agree with you completely, you might as well give up. There's no reasoning with some of these people.

mraynrand
10-22-2008, 02:25 PM
there were smucks on the NFL network saying this weekend that Brett should butt out and mind his own business blah blah.

That's probably good advice, even from 'smucks.'

AV David
10-22-2008, 02:33 PM
"Well it was not 60-90 minutes and it could not have been earth shattering information the fact that anyone believes that in five or ten minutes Favre could give away secrets ..."

The only one who says it was only 20 minutes is Favre. That would be the same guy who first denied it ever happened at all. Think about it, Favre calls Millen out of the blue and Millen just happens to have the defensive staff sitting around in his office so he says: "Hey Brett, mind if I put you on speaker, my defensive coaches really like to hunt too."

Give me a break. One of the fundamental ways police (or mothers for that matter) interrogate suspects is to get you to admit parts of it by allowing you to minimize the blameworthiness of what you have done. Once you admit partial culpability, the rest is easy to prove.

Example: Well yeah I was there , but I only drove the car. I didn't shoot anyone.

sounds a lot like

Well yeah I did talk to Matt Millen, and we talked about the Packers offense, and it was a couple days before they played the Packers. but I really didn't tell them anything they didn't already know.

Bull!

#4 was a hell of a QB, but he is not, and was never, the person we all thought he was. In addition to being a prima dona, he is petty and vindictive, and untruthful. However, his worst attribute is this: He stabbed the Donald Drivers of the world in the back to settle a score with Ted Thompson.

No thanks Brett. Sell your autographed pictures and autographed jock straps to someone else.

Patler
10-22-2008, 02:56 PM

How do you know it wasn't 60-90 minutes? Because Favre said it wasn't? After all the inaccuracies Favre has provided in his statements the last 4 or 5 months, you still choose to hang on his version as the "facts" of this situation, even after his initial out and out denial of it ever happening. Now it is in his best interest to minimize what actually did occur, so of course he will say it was only a few minutes without any useful information having been given.

Having listened to Favre ramble on forever when answering just simple questions over the years, and assuming the Lions were interested in whatever information he was willing to spew forth, I suspect Glazer's time frame for the call may have been more accurate than Favre's.

Patler
10-22-2008, 03:10 PM
However, his worst attribute is this: He stabbed the Donald Drivers of the world in the back to settle a score with Ted Thompson.

In the end, that is what bothers me most about this situation. Helping the Lions meant nothing to his current team in any way that I can recognize. It was purely for his own vindictiveness. That apparently meant more to him than anything owed to his former team mates. Getting back at TT and/or MM meant more to him than putting his old team mates at a disadvantage. It meant more to him than success for the Packer fans who adored him over the years.

It would have been so much more honorable for him to simply say, "I was a Packer for so long, it just doesn't seem right for me to talk to you about them right now."

gbgary
10-22-2008, 03:41 PM
the whole Favre situation, from march to this point, has been veeeeery disappointing. :roll:

packrat
10-22-2008, 04:02 PM
What's even more disappointing are those who cling to their "hero" even when he turns into a skunk. Brett was wonderful to watch over the years, but that doesn't make up for him being a backstabber--not just to Thompson, but to his team mates.

pacfan
10-22-2008, 06:59 PM
However, his worst attribute is this: He stabbed the Donald Drivers of the world in the back to settle a score with Ted Thompson.

In the end, that is what bothers me most about this situation. Helping the Lions meant nothing to his current team in any way that I can recognize. It was purely for his own vindictiveness. That apparently meant more to him than anything owed to his former team mates. Getting back at TT and/or MM meant more to him than putting his old team mates at a disadvantage. It meant more to him than success for the Packer fans who adored him over the years.

It would have been so much more honorable for him to simply say, "I was a Packer for so long, it just doesn't seem right for me to talk to you about them right now."

Did Glazer ever reveal his "source"? I wonder if it was Matt Millen, he might have an axe to grind along with Brett. Both were pissed that they were let go. Millen could be dumping even more shit on the Lions.

Brett still a schmuck tho.

cpk1994
10-22-2008, 07:33 PM

Well it was not 60-90 minutes and it could not have been earth shattering information the fact that anyone believes that in five or ten minutes Favre could give away secrets that the coaches being paid millions to break down film each week can't figure out is absurd, this is a non story except in Jay Glazers world. I also find it funny that every major news source pinned the Romo call on Favre when it seems Romo called him there were smucks on the NFL network saying this weekend that Brett should butt out and mind his own business blah blah.Oh I see, becuase thats what Brett said, its 100% truth. THe sane guy who originally claimed "Its all bs". The same guy who said his unretirement "was alll rumors". Yeah Favre is a real Mr. Honesty.

prsnfoto
10-23-2008, 09:18 AM

Well it was not 60-90 minutes and it could not have been earth shattering information the fact that anyone believes that in five or ten minutes Favre could give away secrets that the coaches being paid millions to break down film each week can't figure out is absurd, this is a non story except in Jay Glazers world. I also find it funny that every major news source pinned the Romo call on Favre when it seems Romo called him there were smucks on the NFL network saying this weekend that Brett should butt out and mind his own business blah blah.Oh I see, becuase thats what Brett said, its 100% truth. THe sane guy who originally claimed "Its all bs". The same guy who said his unretirement "was alll rumors". Yeah Favre is a real Mr. Honesty.

Glazer said he gameplanned Brett said it was BS what about the Romo story homo's like you and Glazer reported Brett called Tony not true. Crawl back under your rock.

HarveyWallbangers
10-23-2008, 10:06 AM
Glazer said he gameplanned Brett said it was BS what about the Romo story homo's like you and Glazer reported Brett called Tony not true. Crawl back under your rock.

Homo? How old are you? Are you sure it was Glazer that broke the Romo story?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3643335

New York Jets quarterback Brett Favre, who has started an NFL-record 258 consecutive regular-season games, told ESPN he called Tony Romo to offer encouragement as the young quarterback copes with a fractured finger on his passing hand that apparently will end his streak of consecutive starts after 30 often spectacular performances.

Favre called Romo as the Dallas Cowboys quarterback was heading to an appointment with doctors.

Fritz
10-23-2008, 01:06 PM

Hey, I've got an idea. If you can't muster any evidence or logic to support your claim, just start calling people names. That proves they're wrong!

Here's my question: if Favre's info was so unimportant - as Favre claimed - why did Lions' coaches take part in this? Why listen if you know Favre can't tell you a thing you don't already know? And if Favre knew he wasn't telling them anything they didn't already know, why tell them?

cpk1994
10-23-2008, 07:32 PM

Hey, I've got an idea. If you can't muster any evidence or logic to support your claim, just start calling people names. That proves they're wrong!

Here's my question: if Favre's info was so unimportant - as Favre claimed - why did Lions' coaches take part in this? Why listen if you know Favre can't tell you a thing you don't already know? And if Favre knew he wasn't telling them anything they didn't already know, why tell them?Once again, the wise sage known as Fritz with another of his msytical connumdrums. 8-)