PDA

View Full Version : well ferchristsake......

Jimx29
10-23-2008, 05:08 PM
shit or get off the pot fumbleina......people may question your dedication to football :roll:

Daunte Culpepper still looking for NFL work

Daunte Culpepper wants to end his brief retirement.

The former Pro Bowl quarterback, who announced plans to quit football in early September after being frustrated over not finding work in the NFL, said Thursday he’s considering a comeback. But he didn’t reveal which teams may be interested in his services.

“A number of teams have contacted me since my retirement announcement and have provided some important information that has caused me to reconsider returning to the league,” Culpepper, who serves as his own agent, wrote in an e-mail. “As much as I have enjoyed my brief break from playing, I know that I love the game and I have some unfinished business in the NFL.”

One of those teams was the Kansas City Chiefs, who contacted Culpepper but wound up signing former Jacksonville backup Quinn Gray.

Culpepper was the Minnesota Vikings’ first-round draft choice in 1999, became their full-time starter a year later, and teamed with Randy Moss to form one of the NFL’s top duos. But Culpepper suffered a major injury to his right knee in October 2005, ending his time in Minnesota. He failed to regain past form during brief stints with the Miami Dolphins and Oakland Raiders.

He talked with several teams this past offseason, yet didn’t find any enticing offers.

Earlier this week, the Chiefs, who have lost starter Brodie Croyle for the season with a left knee injury, looked at free agents, but coach Herm Edwards said he didn’t have plans to sign Culpepper.

“It has never been because of a lack of passion for the game, but rather the absence of a fair opportunity to compete and play that caused me to retire,” Culpepper wrote. “Now that there are some real opportunities that match my desire to play, I will choose the one that is the best fit for both the team and me so that I can continue my NFL career.”

Culpepper has completed 64 percent of his passes over nine seasons, with 142 touchdowns. The 6-foot-4, 265-pounder out of Central Florida was a three-time Pro Bowl selection, and was at his best in 2004, with career highs in yards (4,717), touchdowns (39) and passing rating (110.9).

Linkage (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-culpeppersfuture&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Pacopete4
10-23-2008, 05:23 PM
he can't do that!, once you retire... you don't get to comeback!

Fred's Slacks
10-23-2008, 05:30 PM

Sure you can, you just can't expect to be handed a starting spot on a team that already has a starter at your position. That's for team management to decide.

Pacopete4
10-23-2008, 05:32 PM

Sure you can, you just can't expect to be handed a starting spot on a team that already has a starter at your position. That's for team management to decide.

ya, I forgot... we're talking Daunte Culpepper and not Brett Favre, my bad

Scott Campbell
10-23-2008, 05:40 PM

Do you plan on poisoning every thread with Brett commentary?

Pacopete4
10-23-2008, 05:41 PM

do you?... I just caught up on all your bullshit from the past week... do not call out other posters when your a complete jackass on these boards so I'd like to send ya a big huge go fuck urself, coutesy of Pacopete4!

Fred's Slacks
10-23-2008, 05:45 PM

Nah. It doesn't matter who we're talking about. Its still a management decision.

As for the actual topic of the thread, it seems as though Culpepper was just looking to get some attention. He never intended on retiring. He just wanted to throw a fit. GB offered him 1M to be the backup. If Rodgers got hurt, he'd have an oppurtunity to be the guy. He turned it down. Then he pouted. Now we're here.

GBRulz
do you?... I just caught up on all your bullshit from the past week

You read 2-1/2 years worth of SC posts in a week? That's impressive :lol: :P

Scott Campbell

do you?... I just caught up on all your bullshit from the past week... do not call out other posters when your a complete jackass on these boards so I'd like to send ya a big huge go fuck urself, coutesy of Pacopete4!

I may be a complete jackass, but at least I'm not clogging up every unrelated thread with Brett propaganda.

Pacopete4
10-23-2008, 05:49 PM

I may be a complete jackass, but at least I'm not clogging up every unrelated thread with Brett propaganda.

no you just clogged up the entire first page with Anti Brett Favre stuff... we were supposed to have one thread... not 100... the Anti Brett people are the ones who broke those "rules".. and youre one of the biggest ones so again.. stfu when you dont have a pot to piss in on the matter

Tony Oday
10-23-2008, 05:57 PM
Favre is a prima donna that we all thought was a normal guy case closed.

Pepper is a bad QB that was made to look good with a fantastic line, running game and maybe the best WR 3 some ever assembled. HE STILL COULDNT WIN IT!

Now you two go sit in the corner or so help me no fruit snacks tomorrow! ;)

cpk1994
10-23-2008, 06:40 PM

Pepper is a bad QB that was made to look good with a fantastic line, running game and maybe the best WR 3 some ever assembled. HE STILL COULDNT WIN IT!

Now you two go sit in the corner or so help me no fruit snacks tomorrow! ;)Now, now lets be fair, He had Denny Green as his coach. Most QB's couldn't overcome that.

BZnDallas
10-23-2008, 06:54 PM

Now you two go sit in the corner or so help me no fruit snacks tomorrow! ;)Now, now lets be fair, He had Denny Green as his coach. Most QB's couldn't overcome that.

He is who we thought he was!!

cpk1994
10-23-2008, 06:55 PM

He is who we thought he was!!Touche. :lol:

SnakeLH2006
10-24-2008, 02:26 AM

CPK...I'm getting pissed. I'm kinda your Dad with I"m fucking your Mom. She's cool, but you HAVE TO BE COOL with the fact WE ARE PUTTING UP with you BS everyday. Please chill out an calm down bro....UR getting older, but at 16 we will ALL Kick Yo Ass. Just shut up please. I speak for alll PRats.

Fritz
10-24-2008, 08:00 AM
There was a time when Culpepper looked like a god. He destroyed the Packers for a few years there. I don't really know what happened to the guy. Rastak? Whatcha think? You followed it more closely than I did.

Deputy Nutz
10-24-2008, 08:30 AM
Fritz, when you posed such a dual threat force as Culpepper with his deep ball which any college kid can throw to Randy Moss and his ability to run deep into the secondary he gave defenses fits. Teams could either commit a spy to Culpepper taking away coverage usually intended to double cover Moss. He also had a nice offensive line for him.

What made him great also destroyed his career.

Fritz
10-24-2008, 12:47 PM
Nutz, I'm still haunted by the scene: Culpepper going back in the pocket, looking, looking....Ohh, KGB is getting close - so Culpepper eludes him, steps up, goes right....waits.....throws the ball on a rope down the middle of the field to a wide open tight end.

Two plays or so later, Culpepper dodges around a little, steps up and heaves a long ball to Moss. Antoine Edwards and some other no-name corner falling all around Moss, who grabs the ball and prances into the end zone.

There was a time when I really thought Culpepper was the next big thing. But I wuz wrong.

Tony Oday
10-24-2008, 12:51 PM
I always thought he was a product of that team. The one thing he really did bring to the table was he was bigger than the MLBs for most teams and was a real threat to run behind that amazing offense.

The reason he started to fade was he never really picked up the offense without the talent around him if that makes sense. Then he gets hurt so he loses a step, WR are gone and then the glaring deficiencies become aparant, fumbling cant read blitzes and easily fooled by coverage.

remember most of those balls to moss were not on a rope right to him, he had to adjust and out jump people OR he was 5 yards beyond the coverage.

CaptainKickass
10-24-2008, 12:51 PM
Don't the Seahawks need help at QB?

:D

Fred's Slacks
10-24-2008, 06:03 PM
Culpepper going back in the pocket, looking, looking....Ohh, KGB is getting close - so Culpepper eludes him, steps up, goes right....waits.....throws the ball on a rope down the middle of the field to a wide open tight end.

Fritz, I think the "Looking, Looking" part is the biggest key. Culpepper needed time and he needed to see the wide open receiver. He couldn't anticipate the receiver coming open. Moss made it easy. Either Moss would draw coverage and someone would be wide open in the middle or, if he couldn't find anyone he could chuck it deep to Moss. I could be wrong, but that's my theory.

Scott Campbell
10-24-2008, 06:26 PM
I speak for alll PRats.

Actually, you don't.

Scott Campbell
10-24-2008, 06:42 PM
Culpepper really, really, really needs an agent.

Guiness
10-24-2008, 08:18 PM
You could likely be right SC - we're back to him badly needing an agent.

I really don't understand why though. If he has the potential to be a decent QB (and I'm not saying he does) why would teams be afraid to talk to him??? Send in one of their negotiators - after all, it's their job. If he's an unreasonable nut, just walk away. No skin off their nose.

And by the way his 'press releases' are written up, he's not a nut. A little delusional, maybe, but I tend to think teams just figure he's done. But even Sean Alexander eventually got the call, so why not him?

gex
10-25-2008, 12:57 AM

Yes you are.
Do you even know anything about football, Scott?
The only time you ever rear your head and post is when there is drama and you think you have the chance to antagonize anybody who is passionate about anything. That's all you've been doing since the JSO days.
You are the ultimate drama queen. 8-)

Rastak
10-25-2008, 05:52 PM
There was a time when Culpepper looked like a god. He destroyed the Packers for a few years there. I don't really know what happened to the guy. Rastak? Whatcha think? You followed it more closely than I did.

Well, he did miss Moss. He's fine with a great cast around him but he gets down on himself and he doesn't read defenses well. Before he had his knee blown out he was really struggling. He turns the ball over a bit too much. I honestly think he lost some speed when he hurt his knee the first time. He could REALLY run his first couple years in the league and it forced teams to use a spy on him. That was a big benefit.