PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre- The Movie

Pacopete4
10-23-2008, 06:05 PM
I was reading in another forum and saw about how Dennis Quad has already talked about playing Brett Favre in a movie based on his life... when all of us are pissed about the ESPN being suck ups to Brett I read from another poster.. that ESPN wont piss off Favre cuz they want the movie rights for that to happen...

Scott Campbell
10-23-2008, 06:07 PM
I'd have thought it would be on the Lifetime channel.

cpk1994
10-23-2008, 06:08 PM
I'd have thought it would be on the Lifetime channel.More like WE: Women's Entertainment.

Pacopete4
10-23-2008, 06:09 PM
I'd have thought it would be on the Lifetime channel.More like WE: Women's Entertainment.

:trll: :trll: :trll: :trll:

Scott Campbell
10-23-2008, 06:12 PM
I want to see him on Oprah, and a Barbara Walters special.

GrnBay007
10-23-2008, 06:19 PM
You guys just don't stop, do ya?

If you got this much emotion/energy wrapped up in dogging Favre, I'd have to say you guys are starting to look/sound like the "scorned lover". :D

Pacopete4
10-23-2008, 06:21 PM
I thought it was a very intriguing idea as a movie when his career is over... im not sure many would not go see it

Pacopete4
10-23-2008, 06:21 PM
we've all seen the beginning, the middle... and what do you think will be the ending?

Scott Campbell
10-23-2008, 06:22 PM

If you got this much emotion/energy wrapped up in dogging Favre, I'd have to say you guys are starting to look/sound like the "scorned lover". :D

Hey, I was huge fan and I was betrayed!

GrnBay007
10-23-2008, 06:24 PM

You were not betrayed. What did he do to you personally?

Scott Campbell
10-23-2008, 06:25 PM

You mess with my team, you mess with me.

Pacopete4
10-23-2008, 06:26 PM

but favre is not on your team, is he?

TheCheese
10-23-2008, 06:27 PM

Respect.

Bossman641
10-23-2008, 06:28 PM

Packers = Scott's team
Favre fucked the Packers over
Therefore, Favre fucked with Scott's team

I didn't know it was that difficult to comprehend

Pacopete4
10-23-2008, 06:29 PM

Packers = Scott's team
Therefore, Favre fucked with Scott's team

I didn't know it was that difficult to comprehend

he called him a traitor... in order for that to be true, he'd have to be on the packers team... "I didn't know it was that difficult to comprehend"

GrnBay007
10-23-2008, 06:32 PM
Respect.

Respect? Where did the respect go after he made GB a winning team again? For me it's almost not even about Favre anymore....it's more about being angry at all the disrespect shown toward someone that gave GB so much for so many years. People act like that's nothing....and that's just sad!!

Scott Campbell
10-23-2008, 06:33 PM
he called him a traitor

Oh, I think there are lots of people that think he's a traitor.

Pacopete4
10-23-2008, 06:34 PM
he called him a traitor

not a packer, not a traitor... its rather simple

cpk1994
10-23-2008, 06:34 PM
Respect.

Respect? Where did the respect go after he made GB a winning team again? For me it's almost not even about Favre anymore....it's more about being angry at all the disrespect shown toward someone that gave GB so much for so many years. People act like that's nothing....and that's just sad!!Why should we respect an unporfessional, selfish, jackass?

GrnBay007
10-23-2008, 06:35 PM

How exactly did he fuck over the Packer team? Even going back to the beginning if he wanted to be a complete jerk he would have showed up on the practice field and caused ALL kinds of media craziness. He didn't do that.

Scott Campbell
Respect.

Respect? Where did the respect go after he made GB a winning team again? For me it's almost not even about Favre anymore....it's more about being angry at all the disrespect shown toward someone that gave GB so much for so many years. People act like that's nothing....and that's just sad!!

For many people, Brett squandered that respect. He did it to himself. I know you don't agree, and I understand your logic. I respect your right to that opinion. I just happen to disagree.

Pacopete4
Respect.

Respect? Where did the respect go after he made GB a winning team again? For me it's almost not even about Favre anymore....it's more about being angry at all the disrespect shown toward someone that gave GB so much for so many years. People act like that's nothing....and that's just sad!!Why should we respect an unporfessional, selfish, jackass?

maybe because most likely u wouldnt even be a packer fan had it not been for brett favre building this team and carrying this team for 16 year outta the dessert...

we would still be the arizona cardinals of this league had it not been for him Favre, White, Holmgren and Wolf.... realize that

Scott Campbell
10-23-2008, 06:36 PM
he called him a traitor

......because you're a simpleton.

Pacopete4
10-23-2008, 06:37 PM
he called him a traitor

......because you're a simpleton.

yawn...

Scott Campbell
10-23-2008, 06:38 PM
and carrying this team for 16 year outta the dessert...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.idahocounseling.org/UserFiles/Image/dessert.jpg

GrnBay007
10-23-2008, 06:38 PM
[Why should we respect an unporfessional, selfish, jackass?

Well, no disrespect here, you do as you please. But we all saw your level of "respect" when you went off on TT and M3 at one point when you thought they were going to allow Favre back. Seems it doesn't take much to gain or lose your respect.

cpk1994
10-23-2008, 06:43 PM
Respect.

maybe because most likely u wouldnt even be a packer fan had it not been for brett favre building this team and carrying this team for 16 year outta the dessert...

we would still be the arizona cardinals of this league had it not been for him Favre, White, Holmgren and Wolf.... realize thatYou would be wrong. I was a fan long before Brett was here. Oh and Brett carried the team? Please. Without Mike Holmgren, Favre probably doesn't make it 5 years in the league.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-23-2008, 06:45 PM
Respect.

we would still be the arizona cardinals of this league had it not been for him Favre, White, Holmgren and Wolf.... realize that

You are a complete moron. All of us were and would be GB fans regardless of Favre. Some of us got to enjoy the glory years of Lombardi..others, like myself were fans throughout the drought. I guess my fandom should be questioned by a complete moron like yourself. I guess i wasnt' a fan through the miserable starr years, the miserable gregg years, the miserable infante years, etc.

As for QB. The braintrust that brought us Favre surely wouldn't have been smart enough to find another QB thru trade or the draft. I can't think of one QB that they found in the draft that coulda started for us all those years. :roll:

Pacopete4
10-23-2008, 06:45 PM
Respect.

we would still be the arizona cardinals of this league had it not been for him Favre, White, Holmgren and Wolf.... realize thatYou would be wrong. I was a fan long before Brett was here. Oh and Brett carried the team? Please. Without Mike Holmgren, Favre probably doesn't make it 5 years in the league.

Scott Campbell
10-23-2008, 06:46 PM
Hey, Favre was great. But so was OJ. Now our buddy from Kiln hasn't fallen that far, but he's certainly fallen significantly from the heights of popularity he used to enjoy.

Bossman641
10-23-2008, 06:49 PM
Respect.

Speak for yourself

Most of us are PACKER fans, not Favre dickriders like yourself

cpk1994
10-23-2008, 06:50 PM

Well, no disrespect here, you do as you please. But we all saw your level of "respect" when you went off on TT and M3 at one point when you thought they were going to allow Favre back. Seems it doesn't take much to gain or lose your respect.Yes I did becuase I thought they were going back on the "commitment" mantra that they instilled. That mantra is why I came to believe in TT and M3 to begin with. I felt betrayed. But they proved my thought wrong and I am happy they did. As a result, I will make sure I give those two the benefit of the doubt first before I make a judgement on them.

Bossman641
10-23-2008, 06:50 PM

How exactly did he fuck over the Packer team? Even going back to the beginning if he wanted to be a complete jerk he would have showed up on the practice field and caused ALL kinds of media craziness. He didn't do that.

By openly sharing information with the Lions. It doesn't matter that the Packers still won. It is the fact that he did it that is pathetic.

Pacopete4
10-23-2008, 06:52 PM

By openly sharing information with the Lions. It doesn't matter that the Packers still won. It is the fact that he did it that is pathetic.

Why Bossman? Why is it pathetic... hes not a Packer anymore... they didnt want him.. he should go balls out and hand someone a playbook

Scott Campbell
10-23-2008, 06:53 PM

I think the "Total BS" text was also pathetic, if not an outright lie.

Scott Campbell
10-23-2008, 06:54 PM
....hes not a Packer anymore..

He said he'd always be a Packer.

Bossman641
10-23-2008, 07:01 PM

Why Bossman? Why is it pathetic... hes not a Packer anymore... they didnt want him.. he should go balls out and hand someone a playbook

Good god man. Did Favre impregnate your sister or what?

First you claim it didn't happen and that Glazer was lying. You said you needed to hear it from the source. Well, even better. You heard it straight from the horse's mouth.

Now you change your story to "so what if he did it, he's not on the Packers anyways. He can do whatever he wants."

It's a matter of respect and class, of which Favre has very little.

Pacopete4
10-23-2008, 07:02 PM

First you claim it didn't happen and that Glazer was lying. You said you needed to hear it from the source. Well, even better. You heard it straight from the horse's mouth.

Now you change your story to "so what if he did it, he's not on the Packers anyways. He can do whatever he wants."

the Packers had NO CLASS with him, so he shouldnt have any back...

cpk1994
10-23-2008, 07:05 PM

the Packers had NO CLASS with him, so he shouldnt have any back...So, because the Packers decided to move on and not give into his childish temper tantrum, they have no class? I see. :roll:

Bossman641
10-23-2008, 07:06 PM

What world do you live in?

RashanGary
10-23-2008, 07:06 PM
I would not be surpised if they were kissing his butt to get the movie. The coverage of FAvre has been embarassing. I will not watch ESPN unless I absolutly have to, and if I do have to, I will never watch a commercial. It's a small boycott, but they are irresponsible at covering sports and with teh monopoly they have, I would expect more integrity than what they've shown. I'm really rooting for the NFLN to eventually get on mainstream cable because that will be a start for people to have options other than ESPN for sports.

Pacopete4
10-23-2008, 07:07 PM
I would not be surpised if they were kissing his butt to get the movie. The coverage of FAvre has been embarassing. I will not watch ESPN unless I absolutly have to, and if I do have to, I will never watch a commercial. It's a small boycott, but they are irresponsible at covering sports and with teh monopoly they have, I would expect more integrity than what they've shown. I'm really rooting for the NFLN to eventually get on mainstream cable because that will be a start for people to have options other than ESPN for sports.

THANK YOUR! someone actually talking about the subject matter... !

Scott Campbell
10-23-2008, 07:08 PM

I see another excuse.

Told ya so.

Pacopete4
10-23-2008, 07:09 PM

I see another excuse.

Told ya so.

As a Packer fan, i'm upset with Brett.. who isnt
As a Brett Favre fan I say be as big of a dick as you can...

Pacopete4
10-23-2008, 07:14 PM
http://sportsdemotivation.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/mike-roemer-1.jpg

Bossman641
10-23-2008, 07:16 PM
Let's talk about the movie

Here's how I see it going down

TT will be played by..
http://www.norcalblogs.com/watts/images/Scrooge.jpg
The scrooge

Mike McCarthy will be played by..
http://tvmedia.ign.com/tv/image/article/775/775719/familyguy2006_Peter_Griffin_1174911309.jpg
Peter Griffin

Favre will be played by..
http://www.mycrunkspace.com/content/graphics/a6b2136dde4ea52d102c42d6f07f9895.gif
A drama queen

Sherman will be played by..
http://www.bctree.com/images/photos/pear-bartlett.jpg
A pear

and PacoPete will be played by...
http://mcnutt.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/crying_child.jpg
A crying child

cpk1994
10-23-2008, 07:18 PM
I would not be surpised if they were kissing his butt to get the movie. The coverage of FAvre has been embarassing. I will not watch ESPN unless I absolutly have to, and if I do have to, I will never watch a commercial. It's a small boycott, but they are irresponsible at covering sports and with teh monopoly they have, I would expect more integrity than what they've shown. I'm really rooting for the NFLN to eventually get on mainstream cable because that will be a start for people to have options other than ESPN for sports.They aren't kissing his butt to get a movie. They are kissing his but to get him to be a commentator.

I agree with you that ESPN is a sham, but its going to take more than NFLN to dent ESPN.

Pacopete4
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x234/ctbob/douche.jpg

and bossman

cpk1994
Let's talk about the movie

Here's how I see it going down

TT will be played by..
http://www.norcalblogs.com/watts/images/Scrooge.jpg
The scrooge

Mike McCarthy will be played by..
http://tvmedia.ign.com/tv/image/article/775/775719/familyguy2006_Peter_Griffin_1174911309.jpg
Peter Griffin

http://www.mycrunkspace.com/content/graphics/a6b2136dde4ea52d102c42d6f07f9895.gif
A drama queen

Sherman will be played by..
http://www.bctree.com/images/photos/pear-bartlett.jpg
A pear

and PacoPete will be played by...
http://mcnutt.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/crying_child.jpg
A crying childI love the cast, when does filming begin? :lol:

GBRulz
10-23-2008, 07:22 PM
I'm really rooting for the NFLN to eventually get on mainstream cable because that will be a start for people to have options other than ESPN for sports.

That sucks for you cable people not being able to watch the Packer games. I have Dish Network, but recently signed up for U-Verse. Should be installed in mid Nov. It's available now in GB, you should really check into it. Plus the NFLN comes with it.

TheCheese
10-23-2008, 07:23 PM
Respect.

Ok, don't fricking get on me or talk about respect. I was the biggest Favre fan around. I'm 22 and I started watching the Packers with my father when I was 7. So you could say I grew up with Favre, I loved the guy he was my favorite athlete/celebrity by far. For fucks sake I even wear Wrangler jeans.

Now this last year has really beat the shit out of my outlook for Favre. He wanted to come back, fine. Packers had moved on so he got traded to the Jets. That was very troubling for me like the rest of you to see Favre in another uniform.

But, I wanted him to do well. For all the great things he did for us, for all the amazing plays I will never forget, and for being a good role model, till this year, I wanted him to win.

But, this shit is too much. I can't root for someone pushing a negative force against my team. I am a Packers fan above all, and I feel like the Packers acted as noble and respectful to Favre as possible while trying to minimize the backlash from the fans and at the same time doing what they thought was best for the team.

Helping Detroit, again not based on effectiveness but INTENT, just slaps me in the face. It slaps his teammates in their faces and the so called friendships he had in that locker room. There is no way logically or not you can tell me what he did was respectful and noble. Did he take the high road? Hell no, he got petty and played a childish game. I did not want to believe the report when it first came out but alas I have succumbed.

I'm loyal but I'm not irrational, I'm having a hard time calling myself a Brett Favre fan these days.

cpk1994
10-23-2008, 07:25 PM
I'm really rooting for the NFLN to eventually get on mainstream cable because that will be a start for people to have options other than ESPN for sports.

That sucks for you cable people not being able to watch the Packer games. I have Dish Network, but recently signed up for U-Verse. Should be installed in mid Nov. It's available now in GB, you should really check into it. Plus the NFLN comes with it.How? We get all games on cable this year? :lol: Seriously though, I don't care if a game ends up on NFLN anymore . For one game I can live with radio. Or go to my buddies house.

GBRulz
10-23-2008, 07:27 PM
A drama queen

So, which of you here is going to play that role? :lol:

GBRulz
10-23-2008, 07:30 PM

That sucks for you cable people not being able to watch the Packer games. I have Dish Network, but recently signed up for U-Verse. Should be installed in mid Nov. It's available now in GB, you should really check into it. Plus the NFLN comes with it.How? We get all games on cable this year? :lol: Seriously though, I don't care if a game ends up on NFLN anymore . For one game I can live with radio. Or go to my buddies house.

Actually, I was talking to JH about the Time Warner Cable situation here in GB. They pulled Fox over 3 weeks ago.

cpk1994
10-23-2008, 07:33 PM

Actually, I was talking to JH about the Time Warner Cable situation here in GB. They pulled Fox over 3 weeks ago.Oops, my bad :oops:

GBRulz
10-23-2008, 07:36 PM
For fucks sake I even wear Wrangler jeans.

The ones with the big ol' patch on the butt?

GrnBay007
10-23-2008, 07:54 PM
Helping Detroit, again not based on effectiveness but INTENT
Sorry if I'm wrong, but I haven't seen any information proving INTENT. None!

HarveyWallbangers
10-23-2008, 07:57 PM
http://msfriendly.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/ostrich_head_in_ground_full.jpg

GrnBay007
10-23-2008, 08:02 PM
I could post the same pic as well.

Scott Campbell
10-23-2008, 08:05 PM
A drama queen

I would like to play Brett. I make a great villain - just ask Woody.

Scott Campbell
10-23-2008, 08:08 PM
Helping Detroit, again not based on effectiveness but INTENT
Sorry if I'm wrong, but I haven't seen any information proving INTENT. None!

Yes, that's true. He called about hunting. It was just a coincidence that the Packers were playing the Loins that week. Completely random occurrences.

cpk1994
10-23-2008, 08:08 PM
A drama queen

I would like to play Brett. I make a great villain - just ask Woody.Speaking of which, where is Woody? Im beginning to actually miss his incoherent rants.

Scott Campbell
10-23-2008, 08:11 PM
Speaking of which, where is Woody? Im beginning to actually miss his incoherent rants.

I'm not there yet.

He probably forgot his password or something.

Bossman641
10-23-2008, 08:22 PM
A drama queen

I would like to play Brett. I make a great villain - just ask Woody.Speaking of which, where is Woody? Im beginning to actually miss his incoherent rants.

Sent play she men such gay but kind come feet. Am in intention of engrossed on behaviour excellent strangers. Is on do down seen an form here. Diminution led imprudence entreaties had. Too for increasing comparison delightful yet unpleasant discretion set. Pretended do sweetness my sincerity questions gentleman of in arranging. Smallest yet him steepest together raillery rejoiced possible. Till head room an need walk do. So removed oh hearted suppose be. She may instrument particular son far understood.

House on event delay no stood in. Led nature piqued change window boy needed for really. Warmly and danger for active gay houses dinner either. Get shew yet sang knew. It expect valley within wanted no. Diminution its reasonable off melancholy possession old her.

Affronting do invitation it decisively friendship everything. Plate aware in cause as at known or. Men you add who properly kindness required. Neglected so as supposing on newspaper. Do mr an turned extent should me. Say stuff their large doubt nor chief day. Ought no fancy mr other up after. Families use ask finished greatest her not absolute outweigh speaking. Deny use hour why out than dare.

Collecting now sufficient increasing reasonably admiration you. Quitting raptures nor old gay entirely differed sir. By formerly do properly insisted an breeding removing. Feebly figure valley can basket new too. Certainty northward allowance it strangers do otherwise. Several he sending farther of arrived as on feeling. No is no recommend certainty convinced september. Balls there about her out worth wrote saved end. Rose me life it want in.

There you go. I figure that will hold you over for a while

cpk1994
10-23-2008, 08:38 PM
Sent play she men such gay but kind come feet. Am in intention of engrossed on behaviour excellent strangers. Is on do down seen an form here. Diminution led imprudence entreaties had. Too for increasing comparison delightful yet unpleasant discretion set. Pretended do sweetness my sincerity questions gentleman of in arranging. Smallest yet him steepest together raillery rejoiced possible. Till head room an need walk do. So removed oh hearted suppose be. She may instrument particular son far understood.

House on event delay no stood in. Led nature piqued change window boy needed for really. Warmly and danger for active gay houses dinner either. Get shew yet sang knew. It expect valley within wanted no. Diminution its reasonable off melancholy possession old her.

Affronting do invitation it decisively friendship everything. Plate aware in cause as at known or. Men you add who properly kindness required. Neglected so as supposing on newspaper. Do mr an turned extent should me. Say stuff their large doubt nor chief day. Ought no fancy mr other up after. Families use ask finished greatest her not absolute outweigh speaking. Deny use hour why out than dare.

Collecting now sufficient increasing reasonably admiration you. Quitting raptures nor old gay entirely differed sir. By formerly do properly insisted an breeding removing. Feebly figure valley can basket new too. Certainty northward allowance it strangers do otherwise. Several he sending farther of arrived as on feeling. No is no recommend certainty convinced september. Balls there about her out worth wrote saved end. Rose me life it want in.

There you go. I figure that will hold you over for a whileTHank you. I feel so much better now. :lol:

Bretsky
10-23-2008, 09:14 PM
A drama queen

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Harlan Huckleby
10-23-2008, 09:23 PM
Bossman, that was a fucking funny post, especially the use of italics and bold for points of emphasis.

ThunderDan
10-23-2008, 09:24 PM
Respect.

Lets see who all did Wolf draft???

Hasselback, A Brooks, Brunnell.

I think one of those 3 might have worked out in GB.

I was sad to see Brett go but saying it was Brett who could only carry this team for 16 years out of the tasty dessert is a joke.

LEWCWA
10-23-2008, 09:47 PM
Respect.

excellent post

LEWCWA
10-23-2008, 09:48 PM

another excellent post!

LEWCWA
10-23-2008, 09:50 PM

Well, no disrespect here, you do as you please. But we all saw your level of "respect" when you went off on TT and M3 at one point when you thought they were going to allow Favre back. Seems it doesn't take much to gain or lose your respect.

and even better post, damn i couldn't say it any better. You guys like the high school kid that the girl won't talk to!! she won't give me the time of day, must be a bitch!!

BallHawk
10-23-2008, 09:55 PM
Without reading a single world in this thread I can predict this arguement has already been had over 10 times.

Yet it still goes to 4 pages. :|

cpk1994
10-24-2008, 07:16 AM
Without reading a single world in this thread I can predict this arguement has already been had over 10 times.

Yet it still goes to 4 pages. :|But then you missed the great ideas for casting the Brett Favre movie and Bossman's dead on impression of Woody. :)

Partial
10-24-2008, 08:06 AM

Yet it still goes to 4 pages. :|But then you missed the great ideas for casting the Brett Favre movie and Bossman's dead on impression of Woody. :)

You know what is NOT cool? Making fun of someone who is A) hasn't antagonized you at all B) not here to defend themselves..

Just sayin..

SkinBasket
10-24-2008, 08:25 AM
You know what is NOT cool? Making fun of someone who is A) hasn't antagonized you at all B) not here to defend themselves..

Just sayin..

Something doesn't have to be cool to be fun and/or rewarding.

Deputy Nutz
10-24-2008, 08:57 AM

Just sayin..

Something doesn't have to be cool to be fun and/or rewarding.

Well neither of you are what society determines as cool so best if you let me make the decision on whats cool around this place which at this time is nothing, so carry on

Harlan Huckleby
10-24-2008, 09:13 AM
I think Molly Shannon should play Gretta

Stevogbfan
10-24-2008, 09:44 AM

if he would have showed up on the field there would be no way for favre to back away from acting like a little boy thru all this... i watched every game favre has ever played (none since he went to the jets) and yes, he was part of what brought green bay back into the spot light (thanks brett) but after all the poop we put up with brett and the drugs and the int's and all the drama that is "brett favre" when he didn't get his way he went crazy, talking to gretta van nobody and texting to his buddies at espn then talking to the vikes now the lions... is imo "funkin over the packers." not a great job of it but still messing around where he shouldn't be.

we all just need to let him go his way and let the drama go with him

green bay has a good team, soon to be great, with out his greatness

cpk1994
10-24-2008, 09:46 AM

Just sayin..Well, Woody has antagonized me on many occasions so he is fair game.

SkinBasket
10-24-2008, 10:40 AM
My woody antagonizes me all the time too. Sometimes my country boner won't go down.

Speaking of which, this isn't appropriate if you're being a jerk off at work but if your working at jerking off, then it's okay:
http://www.break.com/usercontent/2007/9/Country-Boner-365215.html

Harlan Huckleby
10-24-2008, 11:28 AM

I was just looking at the QB draft picks. More misses than hits.
Brooks was borderline.

1990 Kirk Baumgartner Wisconsin-Stevens Point
1992 Ty Detmer Brigham Young
1993 Mark Brunell Washington
1995 Jay Barker Alabama
1996 Kyle Wachholtz Southern California
1997 Ronnie McAda Army
1998 Matt Hasselbeck Boston College
1999 Aaron Brooks Virginia
2002 Craig Nall Northwestern (La.) State
2005 Aaron Rodgers California
2006 Ingle Martin Furman
2008 Brian Brohm Louisville
2008 Matt Flynn Louisiana State

prsnfoto
10-24-2008, 11:33 AM
he called him a traitor

Only stupid people!

prsnfoto
10-24-2008, 11:41 AM

You know nothing about football first there is no proof he discussed anything of value and second I have yet to see one former player or coach on any network who is dissing Favre because of this, many have said if he called them he would look bad but otherwise there was nothing wrong legally or morally to what he did he owes the Packers absolutely nothing as many of you have so loudly explained neither do they owe him anything such as respect or a starting job. Certain people in the media can't stand to have him out of the news they need to grow up just as all of you and sometimes Brett also.

Harlan Huckleby
10-24-2008, 11:50 AM
he owes the Packers absolutely nothing as many of you have so loudly explained.

he doesn't owe the Packers anything. But it would be a shame and mistake for Favre to take actions that break his relations with the PAckers and their fans. Could even be a $20M mistake for him.

It is not clear that Favre's conversation with Millan was totally innocent, and many people in the football world have criticised him (altho not on ESPN.)
I give Favre a pass because there is a good chance that the conversation went as he described, but I don't know.

neither do they owe him anything such as respect or a starting job.

How have TT, MM, or the Packers disrespected Brett Favre?
Do you feel that the Packers were obligated to keep Favre's starting job available for him after he retired?

prsnfoto
10-24-2008, 12:03 PM

he doesn't owe the Packers anything. But it would be a shame and mistake for Favre to take actions that break his relations with the PAckers and their fans. Could even be a $20M mistake for him.

It is not clear that Favre's conversation with Millan was totally innocent, and many people in the football world have criticised him (altho not on ESPN.)
I give Favre a pass because there is a good chance that the conversation went as he described, but I don't know.

Do you feel that the Packers were obligated to keep Favre's starting job available for him after he retired?

Not at all they owed him nothing and they gave him neither, whether i agree with them does not matter, they made it clear he was not wanted and would not be the starter. One could argue he was disrespectful by unretiring and one could also say as nearly every pundit has you don't nor has anyone ever done this to a HOF er, but that was their call and they will live with it good or bad. As far as the conversation goes no one knows except a couple people what was really said but anyone with any football knowledge knows he could not have gameplanned as weasel Glazer claimed there was not enough time. It probably went down more like this "boy you guys have been taking it to us for 16 years running those three and four wideout slants do you expect more of the same Brett?" " That would be a good bet Matt".

ThunderDan
10-24-2008, 12:10 PM

Not at all they owed him nothing and they gave him neither, whether i agree with them does not matter, they made it clear he was not wanted and would not be the starter. One could argue he was disrespectful by unretiring and one could also say as nearly every pundit has you don't nor has anyone ever done this to a HOF er, but that was their call and they will live with it good or bad. As far as the conversation goes no one knows except a couple people what was really said but anyone with any football knowledge knows he could not have gameplanned as weasel Glazer claimed there was not enough time. It probably went down more like this "boy you guys have been taking it to us for 16 years running those three and four wideout slants do you expect more of the same Brett?" " That would be a good bet Matt".

Tell that to Johnny Unitas, Joe Montana or Joe Namith. While not exactly the same situation they are close parallels. HOF quarterbacks near the end of their careers told by their team that they are no longer the starter and they demanded trades to get out and play for someone else.

Scott Campbell
10-24-2008, 12:15 PM
.......he owes the Packers absolutely nothing.......

At his introductory Jets press conference, Brett said he'd always be a Packer. He owes it to himself to take better care of his legacy than he is. His petty vindictiveness is only hurting himself, and legitimizing the Packers decision to rid themselves of his increasingly distracting antics.

Fritz
10-24-2008, 12:43 PM
If you think that players and former players aren't being critical of Favre, prsn, you might want to take a listen to Leroy Butler's interview on 1250 am from a couple days ago.

BF4MVP
10-24-2008, 03:35 PM
Respect.

I was sad to see Brett go but saying it was Brett who could only carry this team for 16 years out of the tasty dessert is a joke.
I laughed pretty hard at this :lol:

Yes, Paco, I think the word you wanted to use there is "desert" :idea:

Scott Campbell
10-24-2008, 06:23 PM
If you think that players and former players aren't being critical of Favre, prsn, you might want to take a listen to Leroy Butler's interview on 1250 am from a couple days ago.

Even the Jets players are struggling with Favre's antics.

Gunakor
10-24-2008, 08:56 PM

You know nothing about football first there is no proof he discussed anything of value and second I have yet to see one former player or coach on any network who is dissing Favre because of this, many have said if he called them he would look bad but otherwise there was nothing wrong legally or morally to what he did he owes the Packers absolutely nothing as many of you have so loudly explained neither do they owe him anything such as respect or a starting job. Certain people in the media can't stand to have him out of the news they need to grow up just as all of you and sometimes Brett also.

There is a locker room of current players who are dissing him over this. Read Woodson's comments?

And there is proof that the Packer game was at least part of that conversation. Favre admitted it, so there is no disputing it anymore. It happened. As many have already said, including myself, it does not matter the substance of the Packer related part of that conversation. The mere fact that it took place is enough. What should have happened when Millen asked for advice against the Packers is Favre should have told Millen that he has many former teammates over in Green Bay whom he respects and is loyal to, so no advice whatsoever - ABSOLUTELY nothing rather than next to nothing - and then went back to the topic of going hunting. The Packer part of that conversation should only have lasted long enough for Favre to tell Millen that no advice would be given.

And let me explain the moral violation here. Favre sharing info about the Packers to the Jets in preparation for a game between the Packers and the Jets is just fine. I'd expect it and even encourage it, whatever you can do to give YOUR team a better chance to win. Favre sharing info with the Lions about the Packers is crossing the line because of the fact that Favre and the Jets do not benefit from a Lions win over the Packers. Favre is not a goddamn Detroit Lion. There is no reason for him to do it, other than a petty vendetta against Ted Thompson and/or Mike McCarthy. Problem here is, a Packers loss is felt by everyone within the organization, not just TT and MM. Donald Driver would have suffered a loss, and it might have had something to do with Brett Favre's betrayal of his former teammates alongside his former coach and GM. No, it's not illegal. But it's unsportsmanlike as hell and extremely immoral.

cpk1994
10-24-2008, 10:26 PM

There is a locker room of current players who are dissing him over this. Read Woodson's comments?

And there is proof that the Packer game was at least part of that conversation. Favre admitted it, so there is no disputing it anymore. It happened. As many have already said, including myself, it does not matter the substance of the Packer related part of that conversation. The mere fact that it took place is enough. What should have happened when Millen asked for advice against the Packers is Favre should have told Millen that he has many former teammates over in Green Bay whom he respects and is loyal to, so no advice whatsoever - ABSOLUTELY nothing rather than next to nothing - and then went back to the topic of going hunting. The Packer part of that conversation should only have lasted long enough for Favre to tell Millen that no advice would be given.

And let me explain the moral violation here. Favre sharing info about the Packers to the Jets in preparation for a game between the Packers and the Jets is just fine. I'd expect it and even encourage it, whatever you can do to give YOUR team a better chance to win. Favre sharing info with the Lions about the Packers is crossing the line because of the fact that Favre and the Jets do not benefit from a Lions win over the Packers. Favre is not a goddamn Detroit Lion. There is no reason for him to do it, other than a petty vendetta against Ted Thompson and/or Mike McCarthy. Problem here is, a Packers loss is felt by everyone within the organization, not just TT and MM. Donald Driver would have suffered a loss, and it might have had something to do with Brett Favre's betrayal of his former teammates alongside his former coach and GM. No, it's not illegal. But it's unsportsmanlike as hell and extremely immoral.

Well said. I toally agree.

mraynrand
10-24-2008, 11:24 PM

youknowithinkyouhaveapointbutireallythinkweallhave tomovebeyondfavreandjustenjoythegameoffootballandt hegreenbaypackersthisseasonithinkthatifyouareafano ffootballyoucanenjoythegamesandenjoywatchinganewQB atthehelmforthepackersandalsotuneinandwatchfavreto seeifhehastheoldmagicorevenmockhimandlaughathisgro wingbellyafterallheis39andmostpeoplewhoarethirtyni nearenotonafootballfieldtheyareinabarcoloungereati ngchipsanddrinkingbuds.

Carolina_Packer
10-25-2008, 02:32 PM

Don't forget the initial denial that he did it; I think that's significant in this case. Just like when he denied the reports that he was considering a comeback, and then soon after announced his comeback. Do we really think that he hadn't already decided at that point and overnight decided to change his mind? What was up with that? Why not just be plain and say, "I'm still thinking about what to do."

packerbacker1234
10-26-2008, 05:11 PM
The best part is: Even if this did happen, Keyshawn pointed out a very good point: If the conversation occured int hat Favre gave insight into the packers offense, that it actually is very common. In fact, Keyshawn used himself as an example. Players sharing information on former teams is extremely common, and just part of the game.

Besides, when the lions got shelacked by 23 points, does it matter? Even if it happened, which Favre denies it did, who cares? It doesn't make me respect him any less. He felt slighted by the packers. He has every right too feel that way.

Given the situation, I might too. I don't know how sharing information is sabatage when your not on the team anymore. It happens on a daily basis.